Author Topic: MoTD thread  (Read 675302 times)

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
Re: Linekergate (MoTD thread)
« Reply #9240 on: March 12, 2023, 05:05:56 pm »
Bruce has got a vested interest

Does she got a big ol' head?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #9241 on: March 12, 2023, 05:12:28 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/V8RYnL8_Vzc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/V8RYnL8_Vzc</a>
Marvellous by Barnes, what a guy.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9242 on: March 12, 2023, 05:23:22 pm »
Ha, no. He commentated on 5 Live yesterday.

Oh right.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9243 on: March 12, 2023, 08:08:24 pm »
Looks like Lineker situation will be resolved soon according to Sky News to his "satisfaction".

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #9244 on: March 12, 2023, 08:08:53 pm »
That well known line from a George Dubya speech when he was being criticised for his more youthful indiscretions springs to mind: when I was young and stupid, I was young, and stupid. Forget about who spoke those words, it was a good line because it contained a truth which people often forget.

I am sure I have commented similarly to you here in the past. It is the constant knit-picking and judging people by their worst moment rather than the sum of their character. I have to say though - aside from the bots - from the way most of those social media comments read (where it is at its worst) I think most of those comments are by people with personality disorders. Be that a direct manifestation of their disorder, or projection, or both, I am not entirely sure.

Yeah good points mate. I have been told from time to time by my friends that I'm an arsehole because I have befriended and stuck by people for their best times.

I honestly am a bit all over the place. Had an interesting life and have not always been a good person. But I try to be and I have mostly succeded. The thing about hope is that it has to come from others. Sometimes you have none for yourself. If you look at a lot of amazing people they have come from nothing and they have built from nothing but it's their hope and love and determination to somehow be better that makes them truly aweseome people.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #9245 on: March 12, 2023, 08:16:51 pm »
Looks like Lineker situation will be resolved soon according to Sky News to his "satisfaction".

I don't think the BBC have got a choice. 1) because Lineker's colleagues all backed him up causing the farce of MOTD on Saturday with no pundits, interviews or commentary. 2) The double standards have put the focus onto the top brass at the BBC all being massive Tories, handpicked by the government, (Gibb/Davie/Sharp etc) who've put that government-friendly imprint right through their news and current affairs output.

They'd have wanted rid of Lineker and now they can't sack him. They boxed clever with the likes of Maitlis and Goodall who were quietly hounded out.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #9246 on: March 12, 2023, 08:24:48 pm »

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #9247 on: March 12, 2023, 08:39:21 pm »
BBC News have interviewed quite a few fans and asked their opinions. The fact that many miss the poiny or haven't actually read the tweets show how stories can be spin doctored to achieve a result.

I have a twitter account but I don't really use it, I think I only follow Liverpool. Can anyone tell me what Lineker usually tweets about? Is it actual policital stuff or does he do a lot of defending minorities e.g. BLM, LGBTQ and asylum seekers (i.e. social issues)? I do differiate the two, even if many on the far right try to make things like BLM, LGBTQ+ out as being political as a way of shutting down arguments and voices.

From what I see, he has piped up on only a few occasions and you can argue that his comments were a human rights issue which he would've made regardless of which party was in govt.

Govt have to be held to account by all of us, especially when it comes to social issues.

Now if he was tweeting Fuck the Tories every week, there could be a case of being a little overly political. In this case Davie doesn't have a leg to stand on and I hope the strike goes on all week till he realises he is nothing without the rest of the organisation.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2023, 08:41:24 pm by Mighty_Red »
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9248 on: March 12, 2023, 08:44:05 pm »
Not really sure what I'm driving at here, but the calmness of debate and the intellect of understanding, reasoning, agreeing with something and agreeing to disagree with the rest is dead. I grew up in the 70s and you'd see political discourse and it was measured, even, balanced and both sides were able to put their point across and it was debated. Today it's all mud-slinging, slogans, fuckwittery, whataboutism, misdirection, outright lies and here and there measured, kind and fairly given opinion that gets washed out by a sea of turds and used condoms.

I brought up the Lineker story with a family member as small talk (I should have known better). This is the same family member who wanted Brexit, who finds Trump and Johnson funny, who reads the Daily Mail and watches Sky News religiously.

When I brought up the cases of double standards, the Tory donations, the Tories in charge etc they didn't really have an answer back other than that's just the way it is, Lineker shouldn't speak out against his employers wishes.

It kills me to debate politics or anything of the sort with them so I've learnt over time to steer clear or else we end up falling out. I'll always stand by them on a personal level but their opinion on politics is completely unreasonable, read verbatim off the Daily Mail and even before I bring up a politically charged topic, I know there's no budging, despite facts being clearly pointed out to them.

It just feels that so many people are entrenched, afraid of switching sides on an argument or political line, its would be akin to switching support of a football team to a rival. I do worry where it will all lead us to.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9249 on: March 12, 2023, 08:56:54 pm »
https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/gary-lineker-fans-unearth-previous-29432639

This is quite interesting a quote from the BBC in 2018 indicating its ok for him to tweet politics
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9250 on: March 12, 2023, 09:02:05 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/V8RYnL8_Vzc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/V8RYnL8_Vzc</a>

To add to the BBC picking and choosing, coverage of Elizabeth Windsors death was hardly balanced
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #9251 on: March 12, 2023, 09:39:17 pm »
To add to the BBC picking and choosing, coverage of Elizabeth Windsors death was hardly balanced

Every royal wedding is extremely fawning from them as well.

They hardly have a studio giving equal weight to Republicans.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9252 on: March 12, 2023, 09:45:07 pm »
Every royal wedding is extremely fawning from them as well.

They hardly have a studio giving equal weight to Republicans.

Exactly and their own Brexit policy was a pro remain and a pro Brexit gobshite

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #9253 on: March 12, 2023, 11:16:41 pm »
One interesting thing about this is how polarised everyone is now - everything is absolutely black or absolutely white there is no shade of grey.

You'll hear person X say something great about this situation and then someone pops up "They're a c*nt because they said THAT about THIS"

Then you'll hear another person saying something else and it's "Well, twenty years ago they did the OTHER so they're a c*nt and so on"

It's like people aren't allowed to move on. I've been a bit of a dick when I was a kid. Because I was a kid. I've been a bit of a dick on here and I've been a bit of a dick on other places. Everyone is allowed to be a bellend from time to time. Literally no one that has existed or who ever will exist will be ever perfect and it's impossible to agree with EVERYONE - the Labour thread shows a bunch of people with 95-99% identical beliefs and views arguing like it's an unassailable gap.

Not really sure what I'm driving at here, but the calmness of debate and the intellect of understanding, reasoning, agreeing with something and agreeing to disagree with the rest is dead. I grew up in the 70s and you'd see political discourse and it was measured, even, balanced and both sides were able to put their point across and it was debated. Today it's all mud-slinging, slogans, fuckwittery, whataboutism, misdirection, outright lies and here and there measured, kind and fairly given opinion that gets washed out by a sea of turds and used condoms.

You're either a c*nt [TM] or a Saint [TM] and in fact, no one** has ever been either. There seems to be no way someone can say 'Well said lad" without someone else jumping on and shouting "NOT WELL DONE!! Twenty years ago he did that or ten years ago she said this..."

** Though to be fair, there are a few mass-murderers, dictators and scumbags that might well qualify.

Very well said. It's why I opt out of it all now, it's so boring

I got a bit upset at the start of this about how linekers point was right but that I wished he'd used a different subject

Fuck me was i pounced on. It's very possible to think multiple things about a situation. But it doesn't work in society now more than ever. You can't be moderate, that's shit.

If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9254 on: March 12, 2023, 11:17:40 pm »
Btw outside of all this I would so love match of the day to stay how it was Saturday thanks 😂

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9255 on: March 12, 2023, 11:19:20 pm »

Always loved John Barnes, one of Liverpool's greatest players in my opinion. Loved the bones of him now after seeing that, a real decent genuine human being.
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Online Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #9256 on: March 12, 2023, 11:59:06 pm »
Marvellous by Barnes, what a guy.

Any time there's an issue, the man is so eloquent at speaking about it. He's an excellent human being.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #9257 on: March 13, 2023, 12:11:49 am »
All a bit shite but then,
1. Sack all those dickheads presenting MOTD and providing useless commentaries, save a load of money and get a better product.
2. Draw up a set of rules and stick to them. It's a bit like avoiding advertising on the BBC, you can't do it but you can go on Graham Norton and talk about your new film and what is popular music but product, all R1, R2, R6 do is advertise product.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9258 on: March 13, 2023, 12:29:01 am »
Perfect.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #9259 on: March 13, 2023, 02:05:21 am »
It was good by Barnes but he still missed making the most salient point in this, which is that Lineker is a human being and a citizen of this country just like everyone else, and so he has as much right to be concerned by the actions of the government as any Tom, Dick or Harry in the street does.

Just because he presents a sports show or works for the BBC doesn't mean he stops being a private citizen, an individual with a right to hold and express his own views. He didn't express them on camera during MotD, he did so in a private capacity on his personal Twitter account.

It's absolutely insane when people say things like "he should stick to sport" as if being a sports presenter means he has forfeited the right to be a member of the public, and a concerned voter and citizen who has the right to hold the goverment to account.

Klopp faced the same idiotic bollocks when he criticised Brexit. People spouting shite like " he should stick to football". Excuse me, he lives in this country and will be as affected by government decisions as anyone else, and therefore has as much right to state his views about said government as anyone else.

The way some people go on it's as if they really believe that people on TV are stored in a cupboard at the TV studio, and wheeled out for broadcasts, and football managers are stored in the kit room and wheeled out for games, and don't actually have an actual life that is affected by government decisions.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: MoTD thread
« Reply #9260 on: April 8, 2023, 10:58:46 pm »
Just seen spurs Brighton game

Something sinister going on in that VAR booth

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9261 on: April 8, 2023, 11:01:27 pm »

Too right Murphy can fuck off as well saying they are doing a bad job NO ITS BLATANT CHEATING so call it out.

Managers lose jobs over this yet these twats rock up week in week out doing this every week

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9262 on: April 8, 2023, 11:02:14 pm »

Who was it?

Either someone who had instructions or had a bet on.

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9263 on: April 8, 2023, 11:14:14 pm »
Who was it?

Either someone who had instructions or had a bet on.

I know it was Atwell on pitch

Whoever was on VAR I think might need to be looked into

Jurgen Klopp

Online bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #9264 on: April 8, 2023, 11:35:38 pm »
Lineker at the start: I'm seeing double here, four Krustys!
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Trotterwatch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9265 on: April 8, 2023, 11:39:47 pm »
Brighton were victims of a robbery.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9266 on: April 9, 2023, 08:08:14 am »
Incompetence, honest!
Definitely no cheating,

The EPL.is so bent it makes Serie A look legit.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9267 on: April 23, 2023, 10:47:00 pm »
Jenas presenting MOTD2 after Spurs have been spanked 6-1. He's virtually in tears.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #9268 on: April 29, 2023, 10:25:53 pm »
They just had West Ham as winning their last game in the form record. Not sure they have done their research
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9269 on: April 29, 2023, 10:31:45 pm »
Absolutely massive dive that.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9270 on: April 29, 2023, 10:35:56 pm »
Absolutely massive dive that.

Pathetic that
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #9271 on: April 30, 2023, 10:46:52 pm »
Fuck off Shearer ya blind c*nt
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9272 on: April 30, 2023, 10:51:48 pm »
Predictable from the pundits. Jota should see red, but Skipp is just a yellow. Joke.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9273 on: April 30, 2023, 10:52:16 pm »
Conveniently leaving out footage of the reason Klopp was so incensed

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9274 on: April 30, 2023, 10:55:22 pm »
Predictable from the pundits. Jota should see red, but Skipp is just a yellow. Joke.
Skipp shouldn't have been on the pitch.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #9275 on: April 30, 2023, 10:57:32 pm »
Leg breaker tackle warrrants a yellow....

.... and the City cock sucking starts in 5... 4.... 3....
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9276 on: April 30, 2023, 10:58:51 pm »

The thing is there's a direct comparison for when Haaland did the same and got booked
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline Armchair expert

• Almost makes you agree with Gove
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meet the new boss.....same as the old boss
« Reply #9277 on: April 30, 2023, 10:59:38 pm »
Shearer ..Skipp touches ball first yellow card"

Shearer ignores that Jota touches ball first so red card

Make it make sense

Online wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9278 on: April 30, 2023, 11:04:47 pm »
Osman was more on the fence about Skipp's 'challenge'. Said in the context of endangering an opponent it could have been red.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #9279 on: April 30, 2023, 11:16:03 pm »
Should have both been red cards.