Author Topic: MoTD thread  (Read 676483 times)

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
Re: MoTD thread
« Reply #9280 on: May 1, 2023, 12:05:00 am »
Should have both been red cards.

I agree. The narrative in the media however is that Jota should’ve gone and let’s not even mention the Skipp assault on Diaz  ::)

Edit: I’ve just realised that they did mention it on MOTD which is the thread I’m posting in! I meant that in 3 different publications I’ve looked at, their match reports have been as described above
« Last Edit: May 1, 2023, 12:06:48 am by Jshooters »
Believer

Offline peelyon

• strangefruit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #9281 on: May 1, 2023, 12:14:08 am »
Not sure why I let it get to me.  Just watched it now and the fact they didn't even mention that Diaz didnt even earn a foul is ridiculous (as well as everything said above).

Offline andyrol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • might bring you boys a rabbit up in the week
« Reply #9282 on: May 1, 2023, 07:31:54 am »
Didn't bother showing the shirt pull on mo. But motd has become another mouthpiece for Abu Dhabi so they love cheats

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9283 on: May 1, 2023, 09:58:51 am »
Fuck off Shearer ya blind c*nt

Miserable, self righteous under achieving bitter bald Geordie c*nt.

Offline lfc79

• Kopite
« Reply #9284 on: May 1, 2023, 09:59:59 am »
Just out interest does anyone know what there reaction to halands high foot earlier in the season was, pretty much the o on time I have seen a red card for high foot was mane, in fact most of the time if not contact is made usually don’t even give free kicks

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #9285 on: May 1, 2023, 10:17:10 am »
Just out interest does anyone know what there reaction to halands high foot earlier in the season was, pretty much the o on time I have seen a red card for high foot was mane, in fact most of the time if not contact is made usually don’t even give free kicks
First rule of punditry: previous opinions no longer exist
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9286 on: May 1, 2023, 10:30:45 am »
The commentator on the game for BBC was good. Sounded like he enjoyed it.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #9287 on: May 1, 2023, 10:36:25 am »

If it's a genuine attempt to play the ball (Like yesterdays was) then it's generally treated as accidental. Sometimes see a yellow card.

The media only ever get into a tizzy about it if it's Liverpool involved.

they are as predictable as runny shite.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9288 on: May 1, 2023, 11:03:08 am »
The commentator on the game for BBC was good. Sounded like he enjoyed it.

Yeah he was great to be fair.

I liked his enthusiasm. Poles apart from the 3 misery arses in the studio.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9289 on: May 1, 2023, 11:14:55 am »
Honestly think Jota's is the less bad of the two and yellow was correct. It's an accidental high foot and Skipp is leaning down to head it. Skipp challenge was an intention to harm another player and easily could have ended in an ankle snap for Diaz. Ref got one right and one horribly wrong. One of our players tackles Lord Kane of the Manor like that and it's a straight red 10 times out of ten.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9290 on: May 1, 2023, 11:17:51 am »
Not sure why I let it get to me.  Just watched it now and the fact they didn't even mention that Diaz didnt even earn a foul is ridiculous (as well as everything said above).

Didn't the no foul lead, seconds later, to the pen?

As for Jota, I honestly wouldn't have complained if he got a red. There's no malice and no real force and if anything Skippy meets his foot more then the foot meets his head, but it IS dangerous.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9291 on: May 1, 2023, 11:18:53 am »
The thing about the Jota challenge on Skipp is that when do players ever get sent off in this league for a high foot? I'm struggling to think of any, Mane aside (and that was what 5/6 years ago?). So in that respect, Ryan Mason's warbling aside, I'm not sure why it's such a big issue?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #9292 on: May 1, 2023, 11:31:26 am »
The thing about the Jota challenge on Skipp is that when do players ever get sent off in this league for a high foot? I'm struggling to think of any, Mane aside (and that was what 5/6 years ago?). So in that respect, Ryan Mason's warbling aside, I'm not sure why it's such a big issue?

It's a big issue because Skipp shouldn't have even been on the pitch.

Most obvious red card ever.

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9293 on: May 1, 2023, 11:46:21 am »
Didn't the no foul lead, seconds later, to the pen?

As for Jota, I honestly wouldn't have complained if he got a red. There's no malice and no real force and if anything Skippy meets his foot more then the foot meets his head, but it IS dangerous.

I thought foul on Diaz was around 20th minute after we were 3-0 up ?

Its ok he got the ball so nothing to see here

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9294 on: May 1, 2023, 11:46:33 am »
Skipp's one was worse for me. I honestly can say as long as I've watched footy Ive thought sending off for high boots always seemed harsh for me when there's clearly no intent and its one where someone goes with the foot the other doesn't. Just my personal opinion not comment on the law.

But I really think that 3-0 down and being rinsed, Skipp fully intended to crunch him. Sky were giving it the "he's a good lad so it was just a yellow" shite because he's English of course.

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9295 on: May 1, 2023, 11:48:33 am »
Was there any fuss about Haaland not being sent off for kicking an opponent in the head earlier this season? No? I wonder why not.
Jota could have seen red yes, but Skipp absolutely 100% should have seen red.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9296 on: May 1, 2023, 12:05:53 pm »
It's a big issue because Skipp shouldn't have even been on the pitch.

Most obvious red card ever.

True he shouldn't have been on the pitch but independent of that, Jota's challenge itself was a yellow card because similar challenges in this league have also been yellows.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #9297 on: May 1, 2023, 01:50:10 pm »
True he shouldn't have been on the pitch but independent of that, Jota's challenge itself was a yellow card because similar challenges in this league have also been yellows.

I'd agree. There are literally hundreds of examples over the years.

About the only one I remember being a red, funnily enough, was a Liverpool player.

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9298 on: May 1, 2023, 01:56:42 pm »
I'd rather be kicked in the head than someone go full force on my foot planted ankle height.

Also Spurs play some dhite football an can't believe we fell for their counters
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9299 on: May 1, 2023, 04:29:24 pm »
Case in point

That looks very like The Rag
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #9300 on: May 1, 2023, 05:26:01 pm »
That looks very like The Rag

Shit. Just saw the pic on Twitter so screenshotted. Have removed
Believer

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9301 on: May 1, 2023, 05:29:11 pm »
Shit. Just saw the pic on Twitter so screenshotted. Have removed

:thumbup
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9302 on: May 1, 2023, 06:11:23 pm »
That commentary from Jota's winner is so addictive to listen to.

"OOOOH, given away.  It's Diego JOTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

"Incredible. Anfield erupts!!"

Brilliant

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9303 on: May 1, 2023, 06:16:33 pm »
I thought foul on Diaz was around 20th minute after we were 3-0 up ?

Honestly can't remember. Had people over so was distracted while watching.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9304 on: May 6, 2023, 10:35:46 pm »
They played the whole, grim spectacle of the national anthem from before the Man City game.  It seemed pretty much in keeping with everything to do with that club - nobody really singing and nobody really protesting either.

I wonder if they'll play the whole thing from before our game  8)

Online Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #9305 on: May 7, 2023, 12:33:08 am »
They played the whole, grim spectacle of the national anthem from before the Man City game.  It seemed pretty much in keeping with everything to do with that club - nobody really singing and nobody really protesting either.

I wonder if they'll play the whole thing from before our game  8)
It was contrasted yes, not much made about it but then more young people are against the monarchy as is than for so old folks in Nuneaton will see us as scum, young un's in Hull will be for us.
And on the subject of tonights programme, Harry Kane catching up with Alan Shearer's PL record, well we all know the arguments that Dixie Dean, Gordon Hodgson and Jimmy Greaves have been removed from the record. Just to highlight how ridiculous this is, Shearer has 283 goals but only 260 in the PL so Sir Harry has only got to get 51 more, not the 74 that is actually Alan Shearer's total. Just shows how the PL (and their media hacks) has now almost totally removed the concept of football before 1992.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #9306 on: May 7, 2023, 12:53:07 pm »
It was contrasted yes, not much made about it but then more young people are against the monarchy as is than for so old folks in Nuneaton will see us as scum, young un's in Hull will be for us.
And on the subject of tonights programme, Harry Kane catching up with Alan Shearer's PL record, well we all know the arguments that Dixie Dean, Gordon Hodgson and Jimmy Greaves have been removed from the record. Just to highlight how ridiculous this is, Shearer has 283 goals but only 260 in the PL so Sir Harry has only got to get 51 more, not the 74 that is actually Alan Shearer's total. Just shows how the PL (and their media hacks) has now almost totally removed the concept of football before 1992.

It’s not just MOTD - the Kane love-in is genuinely nauseating on so many levels. Last week because of Tierney, we had a reminder of the game where he should have seen red for the foul on Robbo; every week without fail his contributions are fawned over by every media outlet. And every week without fail, referees grant him special status - the England captain premium - and it’s current worth is so valuable, that I dread to think how it would affect Utd’s results should the rumours of him going there prove true.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9307 on: May 22, 2023, 08:05:54 am »
Not a single peep from Shearer about the high boot assault on Cody. Not one single word.

Strange, as they literally wanted Jota in front of a firing squad a few weeks ago for a similar challenge.

Not much analysis on the Palace offside equaliser either, compared to Gakpo”s similar disallowed goal.  To be fair though, Jenas was baffled how ours was ruled out.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #9308 on: May 22, 2023, 03:24:49 pm »
Anything on the possible Hendo pen?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #9309 on: May 27, 2023, 03:30:29 pm »
Not a single peep from Shearer about the high boot assault on Cody. Not one single word.

Strange, as they literally wanted Jota in front of a firing squad a few weeks ago for a similar challenge.

Not much analysis on the Palace offside equaliser either, compared to Gakpo”s similar disallowed goal.  To be fair though, Jenas was baffled how ours was ruled out.
Jenas is baffled by the TV remote.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9310 on: May 29, 2023, 01:41:48 pm »
Nelson and Rashford made top 3 in goals of the season :o

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #9311 on: August 12, 2023, 10:47:04 pm »
Barely watched MOTD last season so thought I'd give it a watch tonight and God how I've missed being irrationally wound up by Jonathan Pearce and his weird intonation. He's also decided to pronounce Pedro as Pehhhhdro for some reason.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online Trotterwatch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9312 on: August 12, 2023, 10:48:45 pm »
Luton manager doing a cheeky David Beckham impression.

Online Bennett

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9313 on: August 12, 2023, 11:07:33 pm »
Sheffield United manager has sacked by mid-September written all over his forgettable face. Replaced by a Spanish lothario with a La Liga relegation on his CV.

Online Bennett

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9314 on: August 12, 2023, 11:22:14 pm »
lol @ Everton. Should have won this game about 4-0.

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9315 on: August 26, 2023, 10:41:45 pm »
That Man Utd penalty is absolute shite.

Online Trotterwatch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9316 on: August 26, 2023, 10:44:21 pm »
That Man Utd penalty is absolute shite.

Clearly impeded him according to the clown on the commentary.  Incompetence or blatant cheating?

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9317 on: August 27, 2023, 08:52:16 am »
Rashford was 'clever' but Dom's was soft and he made a meal of it. Twats.

Online Bennett

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9318 on: August 27, 2023, 10:30:15 pm »
Shearer on MOTD2. Let's all lick the salty tears.

Offline TALBERT

• Shite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9319 on: August 27, 2023, 10:33:08 pm »
Shearer on MOTD2. Let's all lick the salty tears.

Reckon he believes Virgil straight red is correct

Trent Lucky but should be red
Number 1 fan of Xabi Alonso Alberto Aquilani Raul Meireles. Barry is pure shite compared to Xabi Alberto Raul!!!!!
KIMI RAIKKONEN LEGEND WDC 2007
Gomes flapping at a ball looks like a sealion trying to have a wank!