Author Topic: MoTD thread  (Read 676680 times)

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Re: MoTD thread
« Reply #9400 on: September 30, 2023, 11:57:56 pm »
No mention of the Gomez penalty shout either.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline FOOT

• AND MOUTH
  • Kopite
  • British media - bunch of c*nts
« Reply #9401 on: October 8, 2023, 10:51:09 pm »
Danny Murphy you prick.
THE TRUTH?

Lord Justice Taylor's official inquiry into the disaster disparaged The Sun's story and was unequivocal as to the disaster's cause:

The Taylor Report stated that official cause of the disaster was the failure of police control.

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #9402 on: October 8, 2023, 10:57:41 pm »
Danny Murphy you prick.
what's he done now?
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9403 on: October 8, 2023, 11:11:11 pm »
what's he done now?

Said he's glad the referee didn't send Kovacic off, even though it was two blatant yellows.

Offline FOOT

• AND MOUTH
  • Kopite
  • British media - bunch of c*nts
« Reply #9404 on: October 8, 2023, 11:12:59 pm »
what's he done now?

Said he thought Kovacic 2 fouls were both yellow cards but was happy with Oliver’s decision not to show him a card for the second foul. WTF?
THE TRUTH?

Lord Justice Taylor's official inquiry into the disaster disparaged The Sun's story and was unequivocal as to the disaster's cause:

The Taylor Report stated that official cause of the disaster was the failure of police control.

Offline peelyon

• strangefruit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #9405 on: October 8, 2023, 11:24:20 pm »
Did they mention Gross at all? (Not got a TV licence and refuse to watch)

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #9406 on: October 8, 2023, 11:28:01 pm »
Said he's glad the referee didn't send Kovacic off, even though it was two blatant yellows.
Said he thought Kovacic 2 fouls were both yellow cards but was happy with Oliver’s decision not to show him a card for the second foul. WTF?
I only ever watch it when we win or if we aren't on if one of the Mancs/Everton lose but nothing surprises me with Murphy. He's a total cretin

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #9407 on: October 9, 2023, 12:13:25 am »
Said he's glad the referee didn't send Kovacic off, even though it was two blatant reds yellows.
fixed
Both those tackles were worse than Jones, a lot worse, especially given the velocity and angle he was travelling.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9408 on: October 9, 2023, 12:17:08 am »
It's like the twilight zone everywhere, the gaslighting is immense. We were told repeatedly by pundits, media etc, of why Jota and Jones were justified sending offs, yet they're all happy Oliver let Kovacic stay on the pitch for one red and a definite 2nd yellow

Offline eddiedingle

• Kopite
« Reply #9409 on: October 9, 2023, 12:31:32 am »
Danny Murphy is a bellend. Bang average player in his day too

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9410 on: October 9, 2023, 09:59:12 am »
Danny Murphy is a bellend. Bang average player in his day too
Was it Houllier that said Murphy was worth his weight in gold?  I assume it was meant as a compliment but would have valued him at about £1m.  I always thought that seemed a fair valuation.

I really hate when pundits come out with a comment along the lines of "I'm glad it wasn't a red card as it would have spoiled the game".  It feels like an argument to never show a red card and just let every game descend into chaos.  Even worse when the same pundits nod sagely as they justify why a borderline decision was, in their view, correctly a red card.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #9411 on: October 9, 2023, 10:08:58 am »
It's like the twilight zone everywhere, the gaslighting is immense. We were told repeatedly by pundits, media etc, of why Jota and Jones were justified sending offs, yet they're all happy Oliver let Kovacic stay on the pitch for one red and a definite 2nd yellow

The Jota one was a stupid challenge for someone on a (harsh) yellow we were told. It probably was, although contact was minimal. Kovacic’s second was more of a booking than Jota’s second yet he got away with it. And that’s completely ignoring his first foul was probably worth than Jones’s red card challenge.

Just feels like us and City and reffed completely differently.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #9412 on: October 11, 2023, 04:53:43 pm »
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #9413 on: October 11, 2023, 05:00:43 pm »
Thank the Lord Garth is on hand to really get to the heart of the matter in his usual eloquent way.

Offline Red Ol

• 82 years in this crazy world and still plays with Lego
  • Legacy Fan
  • Children of the night. What music they make.
« Reply #9414 on: October 11, 2023, 06:29:47 pm »

Football pundits are employed to offer insightful and intelligent observations. Garth Crooks, however, seems to think that this long held custom no longer applies to him.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9415 on: October 11, 2023, 06:53:31 pm »
He's long been employed to generate clickbait, not sure why the bbc needs such stuff since they don't have adverts on their site, but he's clearly never been there for anything even slightly related to insightful or intelligent.

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9416 on: October 11, 2023, 07:16:35 pm »

I can only imagine how many people have been on tenterhooks waiting for Garth's insightful take on the situation.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9417 on: October 11, 2023, 07:31:03 pm »
He's long been employed to generate clickbait, not sure why the bbc needs such stuff since they don't have adverts on their site, but he's clearly never been there for anything even slightly related to insightful or intelligent.
He has no neck and has a head like a turnip.

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #9418 on: October 11, 2023, 07:48:00 pm »
He has no neck and has a head like a turnip.

An insightful, and intelligent, assessment...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9419 on: October 11, 2023, 09:29:38 pm »
Garth Crooks: stealing a living.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #9420 on: October 11, 2023, 09:32:17 pm »
Garth Crooks: stealing a living.
Garth Crooks, massive bellend.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #9421 on: October 11, 2023, 11:42:28 pm »

I’ve never met him, let alone seen him naked.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #9422 on: October 11, 2023, 11:49:02 pm »

The very definition of a thick footballer, he's thick as pigshit. :butt
#Sausages

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #9423 on: October 12, 2023, 12:27:05 am »

The very definition of a thick footballer, he's thick as pigshit. :butt
But thinks he's clever and erudite; a lethal combination and the sure sign of a dribbling imbecile

I still remember one of the comedy impressionsts - Alastair McGowan, I think, doing a great skit taking the absolute piss out of Crooks trying to sound clever and making a complete tit of himself.

I'd be embarrassed for him if he was just a buffoon, but as he's also a nasty piece of work he can go fuck himself.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9424 on: October 12, 2023, 08:16:27 am »
Couldn’t agree with Crooks more…..

If we were still in the days of Clive Thomas and Pat Partridge, where genuine errors could be made and passed off as part of the game.

What the tedious bellend either refuses to or is incapable of processing is that there’s more people and technology involved to make sure that this doesn’t happen. The fact that it’s the people operating VAR that fucked up and have no excuse is beyond him.

I’d love the club to go after shit like this. Crooks was one of the pundits that pushed the Salah diving narrative which affected us adversely. Sadly their half baked opinions do carry weight.

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #9425 on: October 21, 2023, 10:23:43 pm »
Nice tribute to Bobby Charlton

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #9426 on: October 21, 2023, 10:25:38 pm »
Only tuned into watch the reds

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9427 on: October 21, 2023, 10:40:58 pm »
That newcastle goal. VAR seemed to use a different frame to when the ball was played? (Trippier was miles off…)

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #9428 on: October 21, 2023, 11:32:51 pm »
Everton played well today says Formica Richards.
This BBC balance shit is getting out of hand.
They had one effort on goal all game. There could have been 2 pens before we scored.
They were dogshite.
I’ve seen many a Derby where we have played them off the park and ended up drawing or even on the odd occasion losing to their shit on a stick football.
Today I never doubted us. As soon as Dyche tried to actually get his team to attack we saw why they were playing  5 5 0  after the sending off. We ripped them apart on the break, as we had done several times.
Onana is boss at pointing though. Calvert Lewin was jumping into Konate and VVD all game and got fuck all.
But Richards says they played well, only because Shearer couldn’t keep a straight face when they asked him to say it.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #9429 on: October 21, 2023, 11:35:34 pm »
They had one effort on goal all game. There could have been 2 pens before we scored.
They were dogshite.
I’ve seen many a Derby where we have played them off the park and ended up drawing or even on the odd occasion losing to their shit on a stick football.
Today I never doubted us. As soon as Dyche tried to actually get his team to attack we saw why they were playing  5 5 0  after the sending off. We ripped them apart on the break, as we had done several times.
Onana is boss at pointing though. Calvert Lewin was jumping into Konate and VVD all game and got fuck all.
But Richards says they played well, only because Shearer couldn’t keep a straight face when they asked him to say it.

I'll have to rewind must have dozed off, flaming alcohol!

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9430 on: October 22, 2023, 06:19:56 am »
They defended reasonably well.
They didn’t play at all.

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9431 on: October 22, 2023, 07:07:46 am »
It felt like 2mins of highlights then lets talk about the ref making good decisions (and make out they were bad) and ignore the actually bad decisions in the game.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9432 on: October 22, 2023, 03:28:58 pm »
Nice tribute to Bobby Charlton

Expected Formica to say “who?”

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9433 on: October 24, 2023, 09:06:31 am »
Garth Crooks scraping new lows this week.  Two Liverpool players in Team of the Week (even though Salah had probably his worst game this season - shows how much attention he pays) but just used both to rant about other things.

Virgil Van Dijk (Liverpool): Was Everton's Ashley Young's sending off for a second bookable offence really necessary? If it was then Liverpool's Ibrahima Konate had to go. Young's tackle was a genuine one to try and win the ball. Konate's challenge on Beto was cynical and crude and what the yellow card was designed for but the Liverpool defender didn't receive one for the challenge in question. Fortunately for Liverpool they have Virgil Van Dijk in defence who is slowly coming back to some kind of form.

Mohamed Salah (Liverpool): Referee Craig Pawson's inability to show some discretion in the Merseyside derby exposed him once he failed to exercise any consistency. Neither was it helped by Luiz Diaz who rolled over at least five times for dramatic effect after Young had fouled him. Meanwhile Mo Salah is back to his brilliant, unselfish and supportive best and has erased the sort of antics now effecting Luiz Diaz. It's time Salah had a word with Diaz.
Only the bits in bold actually relate to the performance of the player.  It's hardly glowing praise for Van Dijk either.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9434 on: October 24, 2023, 09:28:23 am »
Garth Crooks scraping new lows this week.  Two Liverpool players in Team of the Week (even though Salah had probably his worst game this season - shows how much attention he pays) but just used both to rant about other things.
Only the bits in bold actually relate to the performance of the player.  It's hardly glowing praise for Van Dijk either.

He's a weird man. He definitely just puts players in for the sole purpose of having a moan about other players. I wonder has he ever slated Grealish the way he has Salah and now Diaz.

Just watched it back. Diaz rolls 3 times then is up on his knee before Pawson gets his card out. So not quite the dramatic effect Garth is trying to claim.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2023, 09:32:37 am by Barneylfc∗ »
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9435 on: October 24, 2023, 10:24:03 am »

Yeah, just read this shit. Idiot’s clearly another one of those who’s jealous he never got to play for us. 

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9436 on: October 24, 2023, 11:12:20 am »
He's the worst of the lot.

Offline Djimigotamedal

• Main Stander
« Reply #9437 on: October 24, 2023, 12:21:28 pm »

Just read this on the bbc as well. Thought it was really strange, feel like he’s only put the players in so he can have a whinge

Offline stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9438 on: October 24, 2023, 12:46:50 pm »
Just read this on the bbc as well. Thought it was really strange, feel like he’s only put the players in so he can have a whinge

Yep. Probably thought Tottenham deserved to beat us regardless of the Diaz “offside” disgrace, too.

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9439 on: October 24, 2023, 01:01:55 pm »
They were dogshite.

Not just only 1 shot on target - only a total combined xG of 0.1 - the lowest by at 0.2 in any game this season by any team.  Truly terribly, and to even think they played half ok is batshit crazy