Author Topic: Racism in Football  (Read 36995 times)

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
Re: Racism in Football
« Reply #760 on: December 24, 2019, 09:32:50 AM »
Good on them for exhaustively investigating the incident. No place in society and no place in football.

Perhaps the incident also highlighted how far behind are football fans against other sports. You don’t hear racial abuse in rugby which is played by a number of different races. Neither will you hear these in basketball, hockey, swimming, gymnastics, tennis, squash, badminton that also has BAME players.

Football fans really need to be doing more. It is a taint on our sport.

This incident also highlight why I am really proud to be a Liverpool supporter where we embraced people of all background.

You'll probably find that there are just as many racists follow those sports as follow football, but these places don't offer the ability to hide that a 40,000 football crowd does. It also has to be remembered that this is a very small minority, twatter for example is far afr worse with racist abuse directed at players.

I've also noticed that most of the ones I've seen pictured in grounds are from my generation or the one that followed, where racist abuse was rife in every ground - there was a lot of racist abuse of Black players when I started going on the Kop in about 1980 and it seems like they think that with the rise of racism in the media and in politics that it is OK to air their vile views in the grounds again. They need reminding that this shit has no place in our society.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #762 on: January 2, 2020, 02:56:03 PM »
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12040/11899271/huddersfield-investigating-abuse-aimed-at-james-mcclean

About fucking time. Bigoted c*nts

About time is right. That happens McClean every single game. Every game. Quite often from the Stoke fans too. I'm fed up with it because I come from where McClean comes from and its always brushed aside or hidden way down in the news section for a day or so then its away.  Why is it not headline news like other forms of that s**t are ? It's been happening for years, and nothing is ever done or said about it. The idiots doing it dont have any idea what they are even talking about. When the Chelsea fans called Salah a bomber it was massive news, rightly so and all and hopefully they idiots were banned for life. What McClean gets called is disgusting and 10 times worse but it happens time and time again.
Michael O'Neill knows full well its not on and hopefully he keeps pushing this.
Is it sectarian ? Is it racist ?  Are they the same ? The only thing everyone can agree on is that it's wrong and it has to be dealt with. Lets see if it is eh

Offline So... Howard Phillips

• Penile Toupé Extender
  • Believer
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #763 on: January 2, 2020, 04:02:46 PM »
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12040/11899271/huddersfield-investigating-abuse-aimed-at-james-mcclean

About fucking time. Bigoted c*nts

Curious how this type of behaviour would be/has been treated in the SPL with the sectarian divide in Glasgow and Edinburgh?

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #764 on: January 5, 2020, 10:18:34 PM »
Italians at it again, Lazio supporters abusing Balotelli this time  :no

mb459
Verified
Sconfitta che fa male ma ci rifaremo siamo sulla strada giusta.
Laziali presenti oggi allora stadio VERGOGNATEVI! #saynotoracism✊🏾🤬 Is a lost that hurt but we will come back stronger and we are on the right way!
Lazio fans that were today at the stadium SHAME ON YOU!
#saynotoracism ✊🏾

https://www.instagram.com/p/B68RwYgqjxf/?hl=en

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #765 on: January 21, 2020, 07:36:05 PM »
I have brought that up here once or twice, no one is arsed mate... I mean how dare he make money when Youtube are doing so badly

Sadly when a black guy does well for himself, he will get treated differently to a white guy (as you mentioned, Goldbridge)

Simon Jordan is a really interesting listen; he has inside knowledge of the game and speaks well on most things however, his ridiculous stance on Robbie's channel has single handedly opened the flood gates to violence towards Robbie. I heard Rants'n'Bantz and Adam- both of the United Stand (i think)- were also subject to physical attacks. There maybe others but I'm not aware of them. Please chime in if the are others you know of.

No other fan channels were subject to this as far as I've heard. So what is it that sets these two out from the others? Their clubs are in varying amounts of  disarray both on and off the pitch. Gooners pay ridiculous sums to watch and are living in a false promise. That stadium was meant to be the turning point for that club. Instead they've lost their iconic home and traded it in for a soulless, endless array of Lambos and Range Rovers on match days...Is it any wonder so many tune in to hear of their entertaining woes. Likewise Yer nited...The proudly boast of being the richest, most powerful club in the universe. They've just come off their most successful period in their entire history and deep down they know they're gonna be in the desert for some time, so again easy to see why it's so entertaining watching them right now. It is the owners that are failing miserably.

Yet talkSHITE's Georgie Bingham, Simon Jordan and others have their cross hairs on certain fan channels due to the fact "they only thrive off and make money from negativity..."
December 19th, Wolves beat Man City, clue classic caller complaint: "Why are you only talking about City and not us. We beat them!"
I almost fell off my chair when Bingham replied, "you know how this works, bad news is what makes all of this work [...]"  ??? :o

This forked tongued **** was literally talking out of both sides of her mouth, asking for fans to call in on a premium rate number to vent their spleens after negative results, yet couldn't accept the fans that pay thousands of pounds every year to watch the same game harming nobody. None of them have admitted the part they've played in the open season on certain people.

I just can't...

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Believer
  • Yeah right..
« Reply #766 on: January 23, 2020, 10:35:10 AM »
Seems pretty clear to me..shocking,surely something needs to be done here.

https://mobile.twitter.com/harleywfc/status/1220067810589671426
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #767 on: January 23, 2020, 11:15:11 AM »
Simon Jordan is a really interesting listen; he has inside knowledge of the game and speaks well on most things however, his ridiculous stance on Robbie's channel has single handedly opened the flood gates to violence towards Robbie. I heard Rants'n'Bantz and Adam- both of the United Stand (i think)- were also subject to physical attacks. There maybe others but I'm not aware of them. Please chime in if the are others you know of.

No other fan channels were subject to this as far as I've heard. So what is it that sets these two out from the others? Their clubs are in varying amounts of  disarray both on and off the pitch. Gooners pay ridiculous sums to watch and are living in a false promise. That stadium was meant to be the turning point for that club. Instead they've lost their iconic home and traded it in for a soulless, endless array of Lambos and Range Rovers on match days...Is it any wonder so many tune in to hear of their entertaining woes. Likewise Yer nited...The proudly boast of being the richest, most powerful club in the universe. They've just come off their most successful period in their entire history and deep down they know they're gonna be in the desert for some time, so again easy to see why it's so entertaining watching them right now. It is the owners that are failing miserably.

Yet talkSHITE's Georgie Bingham, Simon Jordan and others have their cross hairs on certain fan channels due to the fact "they only thrive off and make money from negativity..."
December 19th, Wolves beat Man City, clue classic caller complaint: "Why are you only talking about City and not us. We beat them!"
I almost fell off my chair when Bingham replied, "you know how this works, bad news is what makes all of this work [...]"  ??? :o

This forked tongued **** was literally talking out of both sides of her mouth, asking for fans to call in on a premium rate number to vent their spleens after negative results, yet couldn't accept the fans that pay thousands of pounds every year to watch the same game harming nobody. None of them have admitted the part they've played in the open season on certain people.

I just can't...

Spot on talkshite,the hypercrities can fuck off.Fan channels arent that bad and at least more authentic.Just dont read the YT comments sections though.
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Online Craig 🤔

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #768 on: January 23, 2020, 11:29:59 AM »
Seems pretty clear to me..shocking,surely something needs to be done here.

https://mobile.twitter.com/harleywfc/status/1220067810589671426

Listened to it a few times and can't hear anything obvious, but there may have been on 'black c*nt' being shouted. Not sure if that's 100% or just me hearing it as trying to hear something.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #769 on: January 23, 2020, 11:46:41 AM »
Listened to it a few times and can't hear anything obvious, but there may have been on 'black c*nt' being shouted. Not sure if that's 100% or just me hearing it as trying to hear something.

I can't either, a few are shouting "bluenose XXX" so not sure if that's been misheard by some?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Believer
  • Yeah right..
« Reply #770 on: January 23, 2020, 11:47:59 AM »

Is what i thought too & a different person shouting the N word just after.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Liverlee

• Daddy Discord
  • Believer
« Reply #771 on: January 23, 2020, 11:54:43 AM »
I think around 18 seconds is black c*nt and 23 seconds n*gger.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #772 on: January 23, 2020, 11:56:58 AM »
I think around 18 seconds is black c*nt and 23 seconds n*gger.

Yeah, you could be right now I've turned my volume up more, the second one I thought was more like "bellend" or "knobhead" or something like that, hard to tell with their accent!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."