Author Topic: Chelsea Football Circus  (Read 1371274 times)

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Chelsea Football Circus
« Reply #17440 on: October 1, 2019, 02:47:54 PM »
So Merson reckons in 2-3 years Lampard’s Chelsea will be dominating the PL  ;D

Discuss...

Same guy who said that Southampton were idiots to sack Adkins for Pochettino and that Hull were idiots to sack Phelan for Marco Silva. Also claimed that Harry Redknapp is better tactically than Arsene Wenger.

He is as xenophobic as they come so of course he likes what Chelsea are doing.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • Believer
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #17441 on: October 1, 2019, 03:26:24 PM »
So Merson reckons in 2-3 years Lampard’s Chelsea will be dominating the PL  ;D

Discuss...
Merson. Nuff said.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline BrandoLFC

• Believer
« Reply #17442 on: October 1, 2019, 05:01:43 PM »
Abraham so far is putting up "star" like numbers, only bettered by Aguero and Sterling on a per 90 basis.  If this is his true form then it won't matter who the manager is to a certain extent.

With that said I 100% agree Merson is a ridiculous pundit.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #17443 on: October 1, 2019, 05:13:42 PM »
Having seen Abraham's goals so far, I can't help but think he's been helped out massively with some awful defending/goalkeeping. It's a very small sample size too so we'll see how he gets on but I'd like to see how he fares as the season progresses (despite that sounding bitter, I don't care too much one way or the other, despite him playing for Chelsea and his dive against us, I don't particularly dislike him).
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Believer
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #17444 on: October 1, 2019, 05:23:03 PM »
Having seen Abraham's goals so far, I can't help but think he's been helped out massively with some awful defending/goalkeeping. It's a very small sample size too so we'll see how he gets on but I'd like to see how he fares as the season progresses (despite that sounding bitter, I don't care too much one way or the other, despite him playing for Chelsea and his dive against us, I don't particularly dislike him).

12 shots on target for 7 goals - 1.71 SOT per goal. That's world class, Messi/Ronaldo/Pele levels of efficiency. He's either the best bit of business Chelsea have ever done transfer-wise, or he's about to regress to the mean in a big way. Although to be fair, all 7 of his league goals came against Norwich, Sheffield United and Wolves.
Better looking than Samie.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #17445 on: October 1, 2019, 05:36:09 PM »
12 shots on target for 7 goals - 1.71 SOT per goal. That's world class, Messi/Ronaldo/Pele levels of efficiency. He's either the best bit of business Chelsea have ever done transfer-wise, or he's about to regress to the mean in a big way. Although to be fair, all 7 of his league goals came against Norwich, Sheffield United and Wolves.

Off memory, his two goals against Sheffield United were from errors - one from Dean Henderson (I'm sensing a theme here) and one from a bad defensive error and a couple against Wolves were too. To be fair to him, he's scored with a few great finishes too but yeah, it's only been a few games. I guess I'm still undecided about him.

We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Believer
« Reply #17446 on: October 1, 2019, 05:54:07 PM »
He's at .98 xG+xA per 90 where his actual G+A/90 is 1.28.  Reverting to the mean is still 1 goal or assist every 90 minutes.  That's elite, world class, super star or whatever else you want to call it.

Now again, sample size and all that but for now with what we have to go on they certainly aren't missing Hazard.

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Believer
« Reply #17447 on: October 2, 2019, 09:25:25 AM »
Just seen Kante out again injured with a hamstring injury since our PL game.. do they only play him against us? He was out injured pre-season, rushed back for 120 mins in the Super Cup, another injury, patched up yet again for our PL game for a full 90 and has been out ever since ;D
« Last Edit: October 2, 2019, 09:32:03 AM by OneTouchFooty »

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Believer
« Reply #17448 on: October 2, 2019, 09:33:25 AM »
Just seen Kante out again injured with a hamstring injury since our PL game.. do they only play him against us? He was out injured pre-season, rushed back for 120 mins in the Super Cup, another injury, patched up yet again for our PL game for a full 90 and has been out ever since ;D

Yep, he is like Ledley King when he played for Spurs. Wheeled out against us every time for a world class performance then back to the treatment room.

Offline Kopout

• Believer
« Reply #17449 on: October 7, 2019, 12:15:52 PM »
Some high scoring away result for them so far. still think they will struggle long term. kinda similar to ole at man utd during first 3 months.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Bam!
« Reply #17450 on: October 7, 2019, 12:18:52 PM »
Some high scoring away result for them so far. still think they will struggle long term. kinda similar to ole at man utd during first 3 months.

I think Lampard has much more of a direction and a plan, Solskjaer just seems to think playing "The United way" is what to do.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Online Phil M

• RAWK’s most prolific poster. (NB. Hit 50k posts and someone at the top didn't like it!) Currently the subject of a Rawk mod conspiracy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • “Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #17451 on: October 7, 2019, 12:21:06 PM »
They have a really good functional attack with a natural goalscorer in Abraham, Mount's pace and ingenuity and Willian's cleverness between the lines plus strong running Kante and now Hudson Odoi. Gives defenders a lot to worry about. Lampard seems to be a good job. If they improve defensively they could mount a challenge next season but they look solid contenders for 3rd/4th as it stands.

The horrible c*nts.  ;D
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer. State of this profile. It’s like something you’d see on an Everton or Man Utd forum.
  • Believer
  • Mentalitätsmonster
« Reply #17452 on: October 7, 2019, 12:24:21 PM »
The transfer ban probably working in Lampard's favour, baring complete disaster it gives him almost a free-hit.  Plus now they are finally forced to play some of the 3471 young players they have, and surprise surprise, 3 or 4 of them look rather good.

And with the clusterfuck that is Man Utd, they have one less team to compete with for Europe. If Lampard achieves top 4 with them this season - and so far it looks like he has every chance, then that's a good season. Definately a lot more about him than Solskjaer (faint praise I know).
Wir brauchen viele Jahre, bis wir verstehen, wie kostbar Augenblicke sein können.

Offline deano2727

• Believer
« Reply #17453 on: October 7, 2019, 12:54:58 PM »
They've done well so far. They look good for 3rd or 4th.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Believer
« Reply #17454 on: October 7, 2019, 12:57:32 PM »
They seem to be getting into decent shape. Which is great news - we'll still beat them at Anfield, but they're more than capable of taking points off anyone else on their day.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Believer
« Reply #17455 on: October 7, 2019, 01:25:56 PM »
It's still too early I think. They'll be well drilled from the Sarri days, and with the transfer ban their turnover of players has been really low so there's a settled and experienced group there to rely on. Give him some time to make some transfers, give the players time to forget everything that was coached into them last season, and they might start to struggle more.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed
  • Believer
« Reply #17456 on: October 7, 2019, 01:37:56 PM »
Same guy who said that Southampton were idiots to sack Adkins for Pochettino and that Hull were idiots to sack Phelan for Marco Silva. Also claimed that Harry Redknapp is better tactically than Arsene Wenger.

He is as xenophobic as they come so of course he likes what Chelsea are doing.

You forgot that he also though Leicester were mad to sack Pearson...

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Believer
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #17457 on: October 7, 2019, 01:53:46 PM »
Just delightful to see how well the newly promoted Chelsea are doing.

Offline a treeless whopper

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas
  • Believer
« Reply #17458 on: October 7, 2019, 01:59:29 PM »
By the time we play them again City will have played them twice so hopefully they do become better.

Online Barneylfc

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Now Shevchenko cant sleep cos Carra's in town.
« Reply #17459 on: October 7, 2019, 02:26:55 PM »
By the time we play them again City will have played them twice so hopefully they do become better.

But then drop off a cliff after the 2nd City game yeah?

Offline a treeless whopper

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas
  • Believer
« Reply #17460 on: October 7, 2019, 02:48:32 PM »
But then drop off a cliff after the 2nd City game yeah?

We will batter them regardless. Dont really give a shit how they then perform in the league.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #17461 on: October 7, 2019, 08:06:43 PM »
I think Lampard has much more of a direction and a plan, Solskjaer just seems to think playing "The United way" is what to do.
yup, lampard is streets ahead of ole

Offline BrandoLFC

• Believer
« Reply #17462 on: October 7, 2019, 08:15:19 PM »
Lampard is benefiting from taking over a relatively good squad that has a striker in Abraham that may be making the jump to elite/world class level.  Mount is a lot better than I thought he would be as well.  Really strange player but at least under Frank pretty effective.

Can he improve them?  We'll see.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #17463 on: October 7, 2019, 08:15:49 PM »
Lampard is benefiting from taking over a relatively good squad that has a striker in Abraham that may be making the jump to elite/world class level.  Mount is a lot better than I thought he would be as well.  Really strange player but at least under Frank pretty effective.

Can he improve them?  We'll see.
with mount it’s pretty clear he has the last year and a bit

Offline BrandoLFC

• Believer
« Reply #17464 on: October 7, 2019, 09:43:05 PM »
with mount it’s pretty clear he has the last year and a bit

Sorry, this is confusing me.  It's clear Mount has improved?  That may be, I'm just trying to think of another player like him as a base point.  He really doesn't like to pass the ball so it's like a second striker masquerading as a midfielder?

Online Barneylfc

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Now Shevchenko cant sleep cos Carra's in town.
« Reply #17465 on: October 8, 2019, 01:43:58 AM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49966788

Callum Hudson-Odoi says he made the right decision by remaining with Chelsea.

The 18-year-old England forward signed a five-year contract worth more than £120,000 a week in September, ending speculation surrounding his future.

In January, he handed in a transfer request after Chelsea rejected a £35m bid from Bayern Munich.

"The club have done so much for me and I'm so thankful for that," he told BBC Sport.

"The decision that I made was a very good one for me and my family. We all thought that it was the right club to be at.

"I've been here all my life, so there's no need to change yet. My mum and dad are happy where they are and I'm happy where I am."

“So what first attracted you to the millionaire Paul Daniels?”

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #17466 on: October 8, 2019, 02:31:53 AM »

I think they are the baby team of the many that's most likely to stand up and start walking first, or best or something, maybe. If they have any endurance Mount and especially Abraham are taking a lot of the pressure off to say the least. Somewhat unexpected. Frank could be good at this, who knows. Why not. You get a hunch he could be pretty good with the younger players, probably can give em a game on the pitch in practice  ;D

billion per cent still a work in progress though. and some of those facist fans you cant do much with that. So its hard to root for them really, but i like this kids and frank and give it a whirl better than the Entered Abramovich era by some distance in terms of intrigue and adventure, if nothing else.

Damn that Mane's good!

Offline Morgana

• Believer
    • Jamaican-Me-Crazy Cookbook
« Reply #17467 on: October 8, 2019, 08:04:07 AM »

Agree with this. Just wish they'd played a decent side versus ManU at the start instead of saving Kante for the super cup. Red Shite would be in the relegation zone by now
Andy's one of us now. He belongs at Liverpool Football Club.