Author Topic: The Labour Party (*)  (Read 898683 times)

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
Re: The Labour Party (*)
« Reply #7360 on: May 9, 2017, 04:37:46 pm »
I think he's a tit for his stance on Europe. I wasn't sure when he turned up. I hoped that he'd be good for Labour and the country, but I don't think he is.

Luckily my MP voted against the Government otherwise I'd be pretty pissed off at her too.

You can still be pissed off at her:

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/10183/maria_eagle/garston_and_halewood/divisions?policy=975

Generally she's done ok though hasn't she?
Legacy fan

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #7361 on: May 9, 2017, 04:44:29 pm »
 Labour North West‏ @LabourNorthWest

Congratulations to Dan Carden who has been selected as the Labour Party candidate for Liverpool Walton.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7362 on: May 9, 2017, 04:46:47 pm »
Joe Anderson must be massively gutted

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #7363 on: May 9, 2017, 04:50:46 pm »
Joe Anderson must be massively gutted

Safe to say he's not pleased...

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7364 on: May 9, 2017, 04:51:11 pm »

Congratulations to Dan Carden who has been selected as the Labour Party candidate for Liverpool Walton.
Congratulations to Jeremy Corbyn, Dan Carden has been selected for Walton
@David__Osland
Leaving the European Union has completely destroyed the Conservative Party. If that doesn't qualify as a concrete Brexit benefit, what does?

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7365 on: May 9, 2017, 04:52:40 pm »
Safe to say he's not pleased...

He should have proof read that.

To to.

He'll be massively gutted when he realises.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #7366 on: May 9, 2017, 04:53:50 pm »
Tammany Hall wins.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #7367 on: May 9, 2017, 04:56:34 pm »
You can still be pissed off at her:

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/10183/maria_eagle/garston_and_halewood/divisions?policy=975

Generally she's done ok though hasn't she?

Yeah I think so. She's done a few things I disagreed with and wrote to her and she came back every time with reasons I can accept.

I'd like to see her in charge of the Party actually. I think she's a very intelligent woman who seems to try and do the right things and would do well for Labour.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7368 on: May 9, 2017, 05:10:24 pm »
Not under FPTP, unfortunately.
True, but something fresh on the menu might capture the imagination.
He'll be massively gutted when he realises.
Don't worry, I got it the first time ;)

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #7369 on: May 9, 2017, 05:18:07 pm »
So labour ban buzzfeed for a headline they isn't like, and May will only take prevetted questions.

Time that the journalists turned against these political light weights.

That's straight talking for you eh?  Report exactly what he said and get banned!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #7370 on: May 9, 2017, 05:18:26 pm »
Not under FPTP, unfortunately.

Agree it's a huge issue. And I cannot foresee any circumstances where the Tories embrace P.R.

"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7371 on: May 9, 2017, 05:21:34 pm »
Congratulations to Jeremy Corbyn, Dan Carden has been selected for Walton

People used to get pissed off with New Labour for parachuting outsiders into safe Labour seats; now Old Labour are doing exactly the same thing. 

I have little love for Joe Stalin Anderson, but this is a pretty shit move that smacks of the worst kind of cronyism.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7372 on: May 9, 2017, 05:23:09 pm »
Agree it's a huge issue. And I cannot foresee any circumstances where the Tories embrace P.R.

PR gives parliamentary time to nutty minority's parties... it has great down sides...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #7373 on: May 9, 2017, 05:24:02 pm »
People used to get pissed off with New Labour for parachuting outsiders into safe Labour seats; now Old Labour are doing exactly the same thing. 

I have little love for Joe Stalin Anderson, but this is a pretty shit move that smacks of the worst kind of cronyism.

Fair comment.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7374 on: May 9, 2017, 05:24:44 pm »
PR gives parliamentary time to nutty minority's parties... it has great down sides...

We're in this mess now because of a nutty minority party.

Online Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #7375 on: May 9, 2017, 05:25:11 pm »

Hmmm...what about nutty majorities under the present regime?

Online BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #7376 on: May 9, 2017, 05:26:01 pm »
Report exactly what he said and get banned!
I'm sure their recordings and transcripts will back that up

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
W

Online BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #7378 on: May 9, 2017, 05:43:32 pm »
And here are his exact words..

https://m.soundcloud.com/jimwaterson/jeremy-corbyn-on-his-future-as-labour-leader?utm_source=soundcloud&utm_campaign=wtshare&utm_medium=Twitter&utm_content=https%3A//soundcloud.com/jimwaterson/jeremy-corbyn-on-his-future-as-labour-leader

They reported what he actually said.

No wonder he's furious.

Yes, the direct quotes are there. The interpretation, though, has obviously not
been run past his office, since it's an exclusive he gave Buzzfeed, so the fact it's been published suggests they are comfortable with the wording.

From that recording, he can plausibly claim that he refused to answer the question, and expressed his confidence in winning the election instead.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7379 on: May 9, 2017, 05:54:01 pm »
From that recording, he can plausibly claim that he refused to answer the question, and expressed his confidence in winning the election instead.
:lmao

Fucking hell

They used his words .. his actual words.

He probably didn't mean to say it, but that's the problem, good at protesting, shit at politics.

Utter incompetence.  Corbynballs 671

Edit: the idea of a different meaning being feasible is quite tenuous...  even if it were true, they reported what he ACTUALLY SAID.  How can they ban an organization for reporting his actual words?  Bizarre.
« Last Edit: May 9, 2017, 06:05:10 pm by Dyno-Rod »
W

Online BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #7380 on: May 9, 2017, 06:05:42 pm »
:lmao

Fucking hell

They used his words .. his actual words.

He probably didn't mean to say it, but that's the problem, good at protesting, shit at politics.

Utter incompetence.  Corbynballs 671

I'm obviously playing devil's advocate here, but just like they today denied he had said it, as I yesterday predicted they would, they will no doubt re-interpret that recording along the lines I suggested above, too.

I would say that not only did he not mean to say it, he didn't even mean it as an answer to the question. It was said in that dismissive, irritated and belligerent tone he adopts when he doesn't like a question. He probably thought he was dismissing the question, without realising that what he said could be used as an answer to the question.

Politicians tend to deflect questions they don't want to answer. May does it with "... stable ... strong ... leadership ... and at least I'm not Corbyn." Corbyn does it badly.

Online BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #7381 on: May 9, 2017, 06:12:50 pm »
Edit: the idea of a different meaning being feasible is quite tenuous...  even if it were true, they reported what he ACTUALLY SAID.  How can they ban an organization for reporting his actual words?  Bizarre.

Again, I would imagine Corbyn's team would object to this:
Jeremy Corbyn is enjoying his first general election as Labour leader, and he wants to make something very clear: He intends to remain in the job, even if he isn't victorious in next month's vote.
and this:
No matter what happens on 8 June, he said, he would be "carrying on".

He obviously didn't make anything "very clear", he never does. And he said "I'm carrying on", not "I'll be carrying on", which may have just as well meant "interview over, I'm carrying on with campaigning".

Online zero zero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7382 on: May 9, 2017, 06:16:38 pm »
JW: So you're staying as leader no matter what happens?

Corbyn: I'm staying  carrying on

This far back in the polls and nobody foresaw that the MSM might ask Corbyn what would happen if he loses?
« Last Edit: May 9, 2017, 06:27:53 pm by zero zero »

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7383 on: May 9, 2017, 06:22:45 pm »

Awful decision. If the members of Walton had a say, Joe or Theresa would have won.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7384 on: May 9, 2017, 06:29:12 pm »
Awful decision. If the members of Walton had a say, Joe or Theresa would have won.

Yep. There's not a massive amount of love for Joe around here (the Walton Hall Park stuff and trying to move Everton away) but safe to say we would've accepted it. They can fuck off with this. The local secretary is resigning, and judging from emails sent yesterday there's a lot of pissed off people in the CLP.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #7385 on: May 9, 2017, 07:08:10 pm »

He's been an MP for over thirty years. It's an obvious question and he should have been prepared for it. The answer 'I'm the leader of the party and staying leader of the party...' invites the inevitable follow up.

Why not do what any competent politician would have done: a little conspiratorial laugh to say 'come on lad we're not going there...' and then 'I'm focused on the job in hand, thank you and good night...'

He can't do it because he hates the press and thinks he's cleverer than them so he gets chippy and snaps an answer.

It's not a one off, it happens on a regular basis.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Online BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #7386 on: May 9, 2017, 07:16:53 pm »
He's been an MP for over thirty years. It's an obvious question and he should have been prepared for it. The answer 'I'm the leader of the party and staying leader of the party...' invites the inevitable follow up.

Why not do what any competent politician would have done: a little conspiratorial laugh to say 'come on lad we're not going there...' and then 'I'm focused on the job in hand, thank you and good night...'

He can't do it because he hates the press and thinks he's cleverer than them so he gets chippy and snaps an answer.

It's not a one off, it happens on a regular basis.

That's pretty much what I said:

It was said in that dismissive, irritated and belligerent tone he adopts when he doesn't like a question. He probably thought he was dismissing the question, without realising that what he said could be used as an answer to the question.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7387 on: May 9, 2017, 07:19:43 pm »
A man so incompetent, he doesn't even have control over what he says..

Happy days
W

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7388 on: May 9, 2017, 07:19:52 pm »
Well, there's going to be one overwhelming winner in a few weeks.

So, if the current Labour leadership carry on regardless, as they've indicated, do we have yet another re-run of the recent (and 1983) battle for the Party's soul, with all the damage that does to the electorate's perceptions?

Macron's success (and Trump's come to that) - notwithstanding the huge differences in political systems - suggest that the political landscape we've got used to is changing fast.

Your question is valid, but is couched in terms that assume a traditional political landscape and electorate.

Maybe that's nowhere like as applicable now.

In our political system, an extra centre-left party would just give more of a majority to the Tories.  The Tories having now swallowed up UKIP have the right to themselves.   

The French two round system allows for what you suggest. 
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7389 on: May 9, 2017, 07:21:55 pm »
So labour ban buzzfeed for a headline they isn't like, and May will only take prevetted questions.

Time that the journalists turned against these political light weights.

That's straight talking for you eh?  Report exactly what he said and get banned!

It's another day in Corbynland. Start the day with a launch and the promise of a new exciting policy. Parachute in a Corbynite to a safe seat, then get into a row and ban Buzzfeed for actually reporting what he says.

Brilliant media management - take a story that would have been forgotten by most in a day or two and turn it into one about his media style, his honesty, banning the press and of course opening up the question: 'so what is the answer?... are you going or staying?...'
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7390 on: May 9, 2017, 07:22:52 pm »
That's pretty much what I said:

I know. I saw your post and you're spot on.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Online zero zero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7391 on: May 9, 2017, 07:24:14 pm »
It's another day in Corbynland. Start the day with a launch and the promise of a new exciting policy. Parachute in a Corbynite to a safe seat, then get into a row and ban Buzzfeed for actually reporting what he says.

Brilliant media management - take a story that would have been forgotten by most in a day or two and turn it into one about his media style, his honesty, banning the press and of course opening up the question: 'so what is the answer?... are you going or staying?...'
His interview with Kuenssberg is worse. Fails to answer an obvious Brexit question that is put to him seven times.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #7392 on: May 9, 2017, 07:31:59 pm »

Well they did warn ye he was going to try emulate Trump. I'm an outsider looking in and even I get riled up at how incompetent he and his team are. If they thought the words could be misconstrued why not try clear it up before the interviewer left.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7393 on: May 9, 2017, 07:32:50 pm »
Well they did warn ye he was going to try emulate Trump. I'm an outsider looking in and even I get riled up at how incompetent he and his team are. If they thought the words could be misconstrued why not try clear it up before the interviewer left.
Probably because he meant them?
W

Offline scouse and proud plc.

• Favourite Song: Eye of the tiger - Survivor. Favourite holiday destination - Siberia. Has a weekend drinking problem.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Alright Aldo........
« Reply #7394 on: May 9, 2017, 07:33:08 pm »

He was born and raised in Liverpool, so it's hardly comparable to Ellman, Berger or Twigg being parachuted in out of nowhere.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7395 on: May 9, 2017, 07:34:39 pm »
Probably because he meant them?

Yes he probably did, so then why the fallout a few days later?
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7396 on: May 9, 2017, 07:38:55 pm »
Yes he probably did, so then why the fallout a few days later?
He said he didn't say it. 

His team have banned buzzfeed.

Their audio proves he said it and that he's lied about not saying it.  Utter incompetence.
W

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7397 on: May 9, 2017, 07:41:28 pm »
He said he didn't say it. 

His team have banned buzzfeed.

Their audio proves he said it and that he's lied about not saying it.  Utter incompetence.

I'm in total agreement with you. I'm just trying to look at it from their perspective, so many better ways to deal with it if they didn't want it to be the main talking point. The option they chose just highlights again how incompetent they all are and that they shouldn't be running a government.

Online Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #7398 on: May 9, 2017, 07:48:54 pm »
In our political system, an extra centre-left party would just give more of a majority to the Tories.  The Tories having now swallowed up UKIP have the right to themselves.   

The French two round system allows for what you suggest. 

"More of a majority"? How much bigger can it get? The Tories are predicted a landslide on a par with Blair's 1997 majority.

The fact that they've swallowed up the UKIP portion of the popular vote is entirely predictable and frankly, down to Labour.

So what do you suggest? Even with no credible opposition, the Tories are polling in the low 40s, meaning that over half the electorate are not Tory.
« Last Edit: May 9, 2017, 07:56:53 pm by Robinred »

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7399 on: May 9, 2017, 08:01:50 pm »

I'm not talking about BBC Journalists. I'm just talking about her.
You should share your disgust with the commenters on Express articles and various Tory forums (google is your friend) who think she's a despicable lefty.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.