Author Topic: The Labour Party (*)  (Read 898679 times)

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Labour Party (*)
« Reply #7280 on: May 9, 2017, 08:00:20 am »
So, not surprisingly, he's said he wont go if they lose the election.

He didn't go after running a shite EU campaign, which actually got him the result he wanted.

He didn't go when he lost a huge vote of no confidence

He's now said he wont go if / when the country rejects him as PM.

What a c*nt!
« Last Edit: May 9, 2017, 08:04:20 am by Red-Soldier »

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #7281 on: May 9, 2017, 08:06:58 am »
So, not surprisingly, he's said he wont go if they lose the election.

He didn't go after running a shite EU campaign, which actually got him the result he wanted.

He didn't go when he lost a huge vote of no confidence

He's now said he wont go if / when the country rejects him as PM.

What a c*nt!
He has to say that.

If he says he will go, he risks people not voting in order to get rid of him.

No one is helped by the Labour Party getting even fewer votes..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7282 on: May 9, 2017, 08:13:00 am »
He risks that now by saying he will stay even if he is rejected at the ballot box. Why should I bother if there's no end to this? How arrogant Corbyn is to think that people have to vote for Labour independent of his performance.

He should have said "As always I am focused on training and coaching my team" seventeen times.

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7283 on: May 9, 2017, 08:15:56 am »
He has to say that.

Plus, this should be a discussion for the day after the election, not 4 weeks before.

It serves very little purpose

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7284 on: May 9, 2017, 08:44:10 am »
End might be coming for me and Labour over the selection of our MP to replace Steve Rotheram.

I mean, I'd not be made up about Joe Anderson getting it but fucking hell, at least he knows us.

Corbyn has already conceded defeat. Absolute waste of skin.

Offline Team Sleep

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • A walking surplus.
« Reply #7285 on: May 9, 2017, 08:49:39 am »
Regardless of whatever we choose to read into his intentions, I'm not convinced he could have given any other answer. Hopefully he has the dignity to step down if Labour lose.

He should have said "As always I am focused on training and coaching my team" seventeen times.

;D

Sadly that's a quote for a Benitez, not a Hodgson.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #7286 on: May 9, 2017, 08:56:34 am »
He has to say that.

Trouble is Labour aren't helped by Corbyn doing well. Thank fuck I can vote Lib Dem.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7287 on: May 9, 2017, 09:16:19 am »
Scanning down a list of Labour MPs, there are probably at least a dozen fairly well known, better performers than Smith (and more than half the PLP however well known would have the common sense not to say a couple of the stupid things he said in the leadership election).

One thing Labour tends to get wrong is to let the leadership election take the place of an election post mortem and policy review. One approach could be an older unity candidate for a couple of years to oversee policy reviews, sorting out issues with the rules and membership engagement, before a fresh leadership election for the next generation before the next Tory government is mid-term.

Whether immediately or in two years, there is young emerging talent on the backbenches, many of them young enough not to be labelled as Blairites or Brownites. Names? Stella Creasy came second to Tom Watson for the deputy 2 years ago, is active, popular, has broad appeal across the party and there's a growing appetite for the next leader to be a woman (which can only be helped by Smith's performance after convincing Eagle not to run).

I like Stella Creasy but I don't think the public would warm to her. If anything she is too liberal, too preachy and certainly has been dealing with issues not high on the electorate's agenda.

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #7288 on: May 9, 2017, 09:46:58 am »
I think it's fairly predictable that Corbyn will stay on as leader until he knows for sure that  a fellow nutjob will take over.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7289 on: May 9, 2017, 10:54:40 am »
I think it's fairly predictable that Corbyn will stay on as leader until he knows for sure that  a fellow nutjob will take over.
It'll be someone from the left of Labour, but I don't think McDonnell, Abbott will win. Clive Owen will win the next Labour leadership election.

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #7290 on: May 9, 2017, 10:55:31 am »
It'll be someone from the left of Labour, but I don't think McDonnell, Abbott will win. Clive Owen will win the next Labour leadership election.

isn't he too busy acting? He isn't even an MP
Legacy fan

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7291 on: May 9, 2017, 10:58:10 am »
I can't see Corbyn staying on after the election. The thrashing coming the Party's way on June 8th will open a lot of people's eyes not already open, the Ł3'ers will get bored eventually, and the TUs will start feeling pressure from members to start moving him on when another 5 years of the Tories is confirmed and they can look forward to another 5 years of 1% pay rises.
You would think the union members would be p... off and put pressure on leaders but Unite vote showed they arent bothered. turnout down from 17% to 12% and McCluskey walks the election.
Corbyn pledges allegiance to the unions telling them Labour will never apologize for having close links to the unions. this was his first speech to remain as leader after the GE.
McCluskey will argue Corbyns fiercely loyal to us we have to be loyal to him for now and see how things go.
@David__Osland
Leaving the European Union has completely destroyed the Conservative Party. If that doesn't qualify as a concrete Brexit benefit, what does?

Offline zebenzui

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7292 on: May 9, 2017, 10:59:53 am »

That's no barrier to some. I refer you to this man:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Garrett

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7293 on: May 9, 2017, 11:02:02 am »
End might be coming for me and Labour over the selection of our MP to replace Steve Rotheram.

I mean, I'd not be made up about Joe Anderson getting it but fucking hell, at least he knows us.

I'm in Steve's seat as well.  He had the biggest majority in the country at the last election, which is pretty much why I'm considering skipping this election altogether.  I'm not even going to be in the country, but I may apply for a postal ballot and vote Green.  They seem to be the party most aligned with my principles these days.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7294 on: May 9, 2017, 11:02:57 am »

Right now I'd take Tony Fucking Robinson.

(I mean, who the fuck IS Baldrick anyway??)

Popcorn's Art

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #7295 on: May 9, 2017, 11:04:34 am »
That's no barrier to some. I refer you to this man:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Garrett

He stood for election though, Clive Owen isn't thinking of that as far as I know. He'd make a good leader if that King Arthur film was anything to go by.

Might not be ruthless enough though, didn't Jason Bourne shoot him?
Legacy fan

Offline zebenzui

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7296 on: May 9, 2017, 11:11:29 am »
Might not be ruthless enough though, didn't Jason Bourne shoot him?

There's no shame in losing to Bourne. The man's a force of nature.

Right now I'd take Tony Fucking Robinson.

Tony Robinson's ancient, we don't need another fossil in politics. I'm for Clive Owen.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7297 on: May 9, 2017, 11:15:06 am »

Hey Claire

Is this about the decision to ignore the local party in the decision making process, while national office in London decides to run McCluskey's assistant?

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7298 on: May 9, 2017, 11:15:58 am »

Tony Robinson's ancient, we don't need another fossil in politics. I'm for Clive Owen.

I agree, but right now Mister Bean would be a more effective leader than Jeremy Corbyn.  Beggars can't be choosers.

Popcorn's Art

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #7299 on: May 9, 2017, 11:36:20 am »
Corbyn just compared the outrage we'd hear from the Tories of public sector workers asked for a 14% pay rise compared to their nonchalance over the richest increasing their wealth by 14%.

For the first time in 2 years, he's said something which actually made me think.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7300 on: May 9, 2017, 11:40:14 am »
Corbyn just compared the outrage we'd hear from the Tories of public sector workers asked for a 14% pay rise compared to their nonchalance over the richest increasing their wealth by 14%.

For the first time in 2 years, he's said something which actually made me think.
This is actually a very good attack on the Tories...

Well done JC
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7301 on: May 9, 2017, 11:45:10 am »
Hey Claire

Is this about the decision to ignore the local party in the decision making process, while national office in London decides to run McCluskey's assistant?

Yep. Rotheram has stated that the candidate should be someone who lives in the area and understands the local issues, candidates are Carden (McCluskey's aide), Theresa Griffin MEP and Joe Anderson. Sad state of affairs where I'm hoping for Joe. There was a local councillor who put his name forward and got rejected, he'd have been my choice. There's an email from our branch sec saying he will stand down and was lots of emails yesterday about emailing and adding support to stop the NEC ignoring our wishes.

If they pick Carden, I think I'm done, just because this area has been loyal to the party doesn't mean they should be able to do whatever the fuck they want and think we'll happily go along with it. Whoever it is will win, they know that, but why the take the chance where the majority was increased?

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7302 on: May 9, 2017, 11:48:15 am »
Seems to a big policy announcement on the way from what he's said...

Fills me full of worry though..  given previous policies have been ripped to shreds in a matter of minutes, I worry it will be badly planned and thought out.

Generally a good speech though, but I really worry that it's not really offering a vision of a labour government.  It's more of a 'Tories are corrupt we won't be' approach, and I'm not sure that really plays well to the voter who isn't going to vote labour anyway...

W

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7303 on: May 9, 2017, 11:52:42 am »

Fills me full of worry though..  given previous policies have been ripped to shreds in a matter of minutes, I worry it will be badly planned and thought out.

Generally a good speech though, but I really worry that it's not really offering a vision of a labour government.  It's more of a 'Tories are corrupt we won't be' approach, and I'm not sure that really plays well to the voter who isn't going to vote labour anyway...

Was it? He's given more or less that exact speech dozens of times since being elected leader. Makes sense it would be slightly more polished.

With regards to the upcoming policy announcement and inevitible farce, I say just relax and enjoy it. With their previous ones, there was no election date set so it was understandable we tried to warn Corbyn supporters.

Since he hasn't resigned, and since he's sinking to new depths by the day, we may as well just accept he's seen to a major Tory landslide and at least enjoy the impending hilarity from Corbyn's brains trust including the likes of Burgeon, Abbott and Thornberry

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #7304 on: May 9, 2017, 11:55:17 am »
Corbyn: "We have four weeks to ruin their party."

Almost right....

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7305 on: May 9, 2017, 12:02:22 pm »
Owen Jones on Daily Politics. Time for a laugh.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7306 on: May 9, 2017, 12:08:55 pm »
Corbyn: "We have four weeks to ruin their party."

Almost right....

Usually takes him around nine months!

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7307 on: May 9, 2017, 12:10:31 pm »
Ta

My god, he's using the "rigged" line too

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7308 on: May 9, 2017, 12:14:51 pm »
Ahahah

So the shadow cabinet MP they've put forward for the Daily Politics, after this launch, is asked a basic question about what policy Corbyn was talking about and all she could say was 'we'll let you know in a week when the manifesto is out'.

What the fuck is the point in a launch if you can't talk about what you want to launch? Jokers

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7309 on: May 9, 2017, 12:21:03 pm »
Ahahah

So the shadow cabinet MP they've put forward for the Daily Politics, after this launch, is asked a basic question about what policy Corbyn was talking about and all she could say was 'we'll let you know in a week when the manifesto is out'.

What the fuck is the point in a launch if you can't talk about what you want to launch? Jokers
It will leak very soon I reckon...

It will doubtless be some policy to get money from banks and/or corporations.  Would play well with Corbynites, but I fear they will be devastating pitfalls in them.

Still, I'm hoping it won't be as bad as 1983.
W

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7310 on: May 9, 2017, 12:24:54 pm »
It will leak very soon I reckon...

It will doubtless be some policy to get money from banks and/or corporations.  Would play well with Corbynites, but I fear they will be devastating pitfalls in them.

Still, I'm hoping it won't be as bad as 1983.

Yeah, they're obviously hinting they will do the usual tactic of a 'leak' the night before. Media for senior people in the morning. Spokesperson clarifies stupid/unclear comment from Corbyn/Abbott et al. Rewrite of policy. Denial of mistake. Claim of MSM conspiracy. Scrap policy by end of the working

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7311 on: May 9, 2017, 12:28:10 pm »
Ta

My god, he's using the "rigged" line too

He is so annoying. Every sentence is a party political broadcast. Fair enough he is doing his 'bit', but its incredibly annoying have someone preaching to you in every sentence.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7312 on: May 9, 2017, 12:31:54 pm »
He is so annoying. Every sentence is a party political broadcast. Fair enough he is doing his 'bit', but its incredibly annoying have someone preaching to you in every sentence.

That's why his credibility as a commentator has gone from reasonable to nil. Also he rocks back and forth so quickly, yet even when he has the benefit of hindsight he struggles: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/jul/14/left-reject-eu-greece-eurosceptic

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7313 on: May 9, 2017, 12:35:23 pm »
haha, sorry was in a rush. I meant Clive Lewis.

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7314 on: May 9, 2017, 12:58:51 pm »
I enjoyed him making that Christian weirdo look a right blert.

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7315 on: May 9, 2017, 12:59:37 pm »

Fair play though, he destroyed that Christian fundamentalist.

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7316 on: May 9, 2017, 01:09:56 pm »
Labour expels three members over attempt to unseat Jeremy C*nt

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/may/09/labour-expels-south-west-surrey-members-attempt-unseat-jeremy-hunt?CMP=share_btn_tw

That's not a typo by the way, it really is HUNT, not CORBYN.

Labour has expelled three senior members in Surrey for trying to unseat the health secretary, Jeremy C*nt, by forming a progressive alliance with local Greens and Liberal Democrats to unite behind an NHS doctor standing against him.

Kate Townsend, the South West Surrey party secretary who stood in last week’s local elections, and Steve Williams, a party member for 46 years who sits on the constituency party’s executive committee, were notified of their expulsion this week.

Robert Park, a Labour member for almost five decades who chaired the Surrey Fabians and ran the regional remain campaign, has also been expelled.

Townsend and Williams have been leading figures in the campaign for a progressive alliance between local parties, where the Conservative cabinet minister has a 28,000 majority.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #7317 on: May 9, 2017, 01:13:06 pm »

I don't think that observation's quite fair. I've watched the Manchester speech from beginning to end. Julie Hesmondshalgh was as you would imagine as straight as a die and spoke from the heart. Jeremy Corbyn spoke of the duplicity of this government led by Maggie May who claims she wants to treat our people with fairness and equanimity. The same woman sat in Cabinet whilst Camoron ripped into those people with the bedroom tax and not a whimper out of her. She was there too when IDS brought ATOS on board to subject our sick and disabled people to the most inhumane social welfare treatment this land has ever witnessed. Jeremy never inferred either to this being Tory corruption or that Labour would not be as corrupt. He said that was Tory inhumanity and Labour would end that in favour of restoring decency and compassion to our society. Quite right and honourable in my opinion.

The difference in emphasis is diametrically opposed to more of the same - or even worse - from the Tories. THAT'S the absolute and fundamental difference between the parties vying for power.
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline Danny55

• Main Stander
  • Evertonian
« Reply #7318 on: May 9, 2017, 01:13:19 pm »
Can't understand the antipathy towards Jones. He's going out there and putting forward socialist ideas on programmes like the Daily Politics. You don't have to agree with him by any means but I'd have thought on a left leaning board such as this he wouldn't come in for as much criticism.

Maybe that's just a depressing sign of the split within the left at the moment, where the constant point scoring on both sides is more important than winning seats in June.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7319 on: May 9, 2017, 01:25:23 pm »
on a left leaning board such as this

:lmao
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "