Author Topic: Atmosphere at Anfield  (Read 1780743 times)

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Re: Atmosphere at Anfield
« Reply #11560 on: March 12, 2020, 02:15:50 pm »
Thought it was really good in the Kop. Pretty much constant singing and the celebration for Bobby's goal in particular was unreal. Nice to see standing in the Kenny and Annie Road too.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #11561 on: March 12, 2020, 02:53:39 pm »
It was a typically great atmosphere for a game of its type - as anyone who was actually there knows.

But this is the Rawk ATMOSPHERE AT ANFIELD thread so it inevitably attracts knobheads who don't go the game and know fuck all about it and seem to get off on dissing it.

;D

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #11562 on: March 12, 2020, 03:25:13 pm »
Thought it was really good in the Kop. Pretty much constant singing and the celebration for Bobby's goal in particular was unreal. Nice to see standing in the Kenny and Annie Road too.

It was LOUD after Bobby’s goal.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #11563 on: March 12, 2020, 04:01:25 pm »
Absolutely FAMtastic..

head in the sand

I wasn't saying that in a positive way

Offline Ossie T

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11564 on: March 12, 2020, 04:22:07 pm »

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11565 on: March 12, 2020, 04:44:32 pm »
I was slow to get on the internet during the ACS so ended up with tickets in the Upper Anny road kids section.  I was actually blown away yesterday about how good it was in there.  Just two weird observations:

Although we stood the entire game, the stewards tried to sit us down, saying the kids at the back can't see.  I looked around and most of the small kids were stood on their seats and loving it.  At least be honest about why you want people to sit down.

Two young lads, close to me telling everyone to keep standing (no problem there), then doing their best to improve the atmosphere (again no issue).  Although as soon as Atletico scored their first goal, one stamped on his seat, smashing it and stormed off with his mate never to be seen again.  To quote Bill Shankly "If you can't support us when we draw or lose, then don't support us when we win".

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #11566 on: March 12, 2020, 06:19:38 pm »
It was a typically great atmosphere for a game of its type - as anyone who was actually there knows.

But this is the Rawk ATMOSPHERE AT ANFIELD thread so it inevitably attracts knobheads who don't go the game and know fuck all about it and seem to get off on dissing it.

;D

Seems like their star player was impressed by our amazing home. Then again I assume he's not a knobhead who posts shite on RAWK just to stir the shit.

;D

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/joao-felix-liverpool-atletico-madrid-17913607

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #11567 on: March 12, 2020, 06:27:57 pm »
It was loud and reactive, as usual. There were boos and cheers and applause and ‘turn’s and ‘man on’s. No other stadium lives the game like it. It’s unique and brilliant.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11568 on: March 12, 2020, 07:00:40 pm »

Yes I thought it was good myself

Will always be remembered less fondly because of the result

Offline AnthonyStabile

• Frankie Carbone... Freddy No Nose... "Naby Keita is a shithouse, pass it on."
  • Main Stander
« Reply #11569 on: March 12, 2020, 07:44:30 pm »
I thought the atmosphere was good, shame about the mass bailout once they scored the 3rd. Think the team deserved clapping off but thousands headed for the exits as soon as Morata scored.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11570 on: March 12, 2020, 08:50:49 pm »
I thought the atmosphere was good, shame about the mass bailout once they scored the 3rd. Think the team deserved clapping off but thousands headed for the exits as soon as Morata scored.

Yeah, I was disappointed with that too. First time we've lost a knockout tie under Klopp and people thousands fuck off without showing any appreciation.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline DutchRed

• Legacy Fan
  • =
« Reply #11571 on: March 13, 2020, 03:33:44 pm »
Frightening to think what the atmosphere could be like if the tossers who walk out or just sit on their phones would just fuck off once and for all. Champions of Europe, soon-to-be Champions of England, last home game for a good while and thousands of people can't bring themselves to clap the team off. Made my blood boil, honestly.

And it's not just either Scousers or tourists - both groups are mostly sound but both have a smaller group of c*nts who just cannot take anything not going their own precious way. Spoilt babies who should not be allowed in anymore - unless, obviously, there's a good reason to go like a train home to catch.
It's just sex and violence, melody and silence.

Offline Roughie Scouse

• Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #11572 on: March 13, 2020, 03:57:24 pm »
Frightening to think what the atmosphere could be like if the tossers who walk out or just sit on their phones would just fuck off once and for all. Champions of Europe, soon-to-be Champions of England, last home game for a good while and thousands of people can't bring themselves to clap the team off. Made my blood boil, honestly.

And it's not just either Scousers or tourists - both groups are mostly sound but both have a smaller group of c*nts who just cannot take anything not going their own precious way. Spoilt babies who should not be allowed in anymore - unless, obviously, there's a good reason to go like a train home to catch.

It's the moaning I cant stand. I've stood on the kop throughout the early 2000s and also this last couple of years. Also sat in Main Stand recently for a number of games. I've never known moaning like it. Maybe it's just who I happen to be surrounded by but its so annoying. I mean, moaning, this season of all seasons.

It's just a weird mentality to me. If someone is having a bad game, sing, shout and support them-surely that's gonna help more than moaning and givin them shite?
"There are places I'll remember all my life"  The Beatles,  ISTANBUL 2005

Offline DutchRed

• Legacy Fan
  • =
« Reply #11573 on: March 13, 2020, 05:08:13 pm »
It's the moaning I cant stand. I've stood on the kop throughout the early 2000s and also this last couple of years. Also sat in Main Stand recently for a number of games. I've never known moaning like it. Maybe it's just who I happen to be surrounded by but its so annoying. I mean, moaning, this season of all seasons.

It's just a weird mentality to me. If someone is having a bad game, sing, shout and support them-surely that's gonna help more than moaning and givin them shite?

People need a bit of perspective I think. We've never had it this good. You'd get it in earlier years when you saw players and thought they might maybe not give it their all, but now? Weirdos.
It's just sex and violence, melody and silence.

Offline GunnerParker

• Main Stander
  • Invincibles
« Reply #11574 on: March 13, 2020, 07:44:30 pm »
I have no idea how you guys have that atmosphere at Anfield. The Emirates can't get up for any game

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11575 on: March 14, 2020, 12:07:56 am »

Yep, I know of a man who is local man behind me in The Kop that screams abuse at our players. Shouting shite like 'dozy fucking twat' at Jordan Henderson, just the worst type of support.

Made my blood boil - it's not the passive day trippers that are just the problem, but these decrepit auld fuckwits who ruin everything for everyone.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11576 on: March 14, 2020, 03:01:45 am »
I have no idea how you guys have that atmosphere at Anfield. The Emirates can't get up for any game

There’s your problem. John Henry was taken to The Emirates to show why he should redevelop Anfield instead of moving to a new modern stadium.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline M(oaning) B(ecomes) E(mbarrassing)

• Worthless.
  • RAWK Embarrassment
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thoroughly thought through
« Reply #11577 on: March 14, 2020, 07:04:54 am »
Yep, I know of a man who is local man behind me in The Kop that screams abuse at our players. Shouting shite like 'dozy fucking twat' at Jordan Henderson, just the worst type of support.

Made my blood boil - it's not the passive day trippers that are just the problem, but these decrepit auld fuckwits who ruin everything for everyone.

Why don't you call him out on it?  Anyone tries that near me gets threatened but that doesn't happen often. 
It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.

Offline mickl

• many mickls makes a muckl
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #11578 on: March 14, 2020, 08:27:34 am »
The usual whining in the main stand. “I don’t want to see your back la”, whenever I stood up.
I explained that it was my best side, trying to lighten the mood.
But no positive reaction at all. Needless to say the knobhead had fucked off BEFORE extra-time.

Offline mickl

• Anny Roader
« Reply #11579 on: March 14, 2020, 08:30:26 am »
Some of the best football I’ve seen a Liverpool team play in 50 years, that’s my lasting memory of Wednesday night.

Offline mickl

• Anny Roader
« Reply #11580 on: March 14, 2020, 08:41:40 am »
To the good lad near me who worked at Halewood, sorry about all the swearing, I got a bit over-excited, totally forgot I was 66.

Online SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #11581 on: March 14, 2020, 11:03:06 am »

A good load of the so called day trippers make the most of their chance to be there and sing etc. Was this man in 104? I was down there about ten rows back for the wolves game and had them exact words screamed in my ear all game, firstly at henderson and then it changed to lallana.
YNWA

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11582 on: March 14, 2020, 11:30:57 am »
The usual whining in the main stand. “I don’t want to see your back la”, whenever I stood up.
I explained that it was my best side, trying to lighten the mood.
But no positive reaction at all. Needless to say the knobhead had fucked off BEFORE extra-time.
Wtf? Why on earth would someone leave before ET? [emoji15]

Offline mickl

• Anny Roader
« Reply #11583 on: March 14, 2020, 02:14:09 pm »

‘Cos they’re a knobhead?

Offline commando

• Main Stander
« Reply #11584 on: March 14, 2020, 02:36:51 pm »
‘Cos they’re a knobhead?

Lot's of these in the upper MS on Wednesday. It's like Lovren versus Dortmund and Big Div versus the Ev and Barca never happened.  These are moments that I'll take to my grave. Imagine missing these moments just to be sat in your car in a queue to get out of Stanley Park?

Offline commando

• Main Stander
« Reply #11585 on: March 14, 2020, 02:37:27 pm »
Lots of these in the upper MS on Wednesday. It's like Lovren versus Dortmund and Big Div versus the Ev and Barca never happened.  These are moments that I'll take to my grave. Imagine missing these moments just to be sat in your car in a queue to get out of Stanley Park?

Offline scouse neapolitan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11586 on: March 14, 2020, 04:34:32 pm »
The club should  employ 12 foot six stewards to patrol the Kop  to make sure that people are singing, aren't wearing halfie halfie wankdrapes , don't take photos,  aren't criticising our players, aren't standing with their fucking arms folded for YNWA  and they should refuse to let people leave until the final whistle unless there's an emergency at home.

Transgressors lose their season tickets but can get  back on the waiting list and can qualify for another one in 20 years.

In the rest of the ground people can only leave early  if they're carrying a half-empty  flask .

That would be real stewarding! ;)

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11587 on: March 14, 2020, 06:14:29 pm »
I was on the front row again the other day. Didn’t even see the first goal cos of the uefa cameraman stood in front of me then the extra time protocol had the stewards sat in front of me for most of the 30 minutes. At one point must have been 118 min+ cos there was empty seats next to me at this stage and the steward came and sat down in front of me so i changed seats and then he moves to block my view again so i changed and he did it again. 100% some evertonian c*nt trying to wind me up. Can’t think of another experience where you pay £60 and get treated like shite while you’re there by part time stewards
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #11588 on: March 14, 2020, 07:06:29 pm »

I was at Wembley in 2012 against Cardiff and the bloke next to me left before the penalty shoot out! Blamed it on nerves to be fair, don’t think he was trying to beat the traffic!

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #11589 on: March 27, 2020, 08:20:35 pm »

Hope this is OK here.

Me 70 year old Ma's been self isolating for a weeks and she's just told me that she's been knitting similar style scarfs to commemorate this season.

If anyone's interested let us know.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #11590 on: March 27, 2020, 08:23:58 pm »
She's donated one to Emma Case ( Jimmy's daughter ) so she can raffle it for the charity thing she's doing and she's knitting Peter Moore one as they met at an LFC function this month and are mates. Hahaaaaa. Go ' ead Ma.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline shetty

• Kemlynite
  • I hardly ever post
« Reply #11591 on: March 28, 2020, 10:51:20 pm »
That scarf is quality, Kesey. old school homemade. Love it

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #11592 on: March 28, 2020, 11:29:54 pm »
That scarf is quality, Kesey. old school homemade. Love it

1963 she knitted it. Emlyn Hughes is on there I know but she put him on when he signed in 1967. Peter Moore has said it's going in the LFC musuem at some point.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #11593 on: April 12, 2020, 01:14:33 am »

The latest .

Go ' ead Mum.

She's give a few to charity and one to Jimmy's daughter Emma. She has knitted like fuck as she's been stuck in for 6 weeks.

She calls it her commemorative scarf no matter what happens . The white bit of the blank she says ... I don't know whether to put Lallana in or the Ox . The bottom red space is .... Shall I  knit in League Champions or what lad ?

God Bless her .  She is 70 and still wears the original to the match to this day . I went to Porto away last year with her and she kept on telling me off .

That's me Mum for ya '.

;D
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 01:21:43 am by kesey »

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Online moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #11594 on: April 12, 2020, 07:30:05 am »
That is just beautiful, what a great keepsake . Well done your mum!!

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11595 on: April 12, 2020, 06:40:12 pm »
Amazing scarf. Just fantastic :)

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #11596 on: April 12, 2020, 08:17:22 pm »
The original is going in the LFC Museum when she leaves this world . So it'll be there for all to see. Shes always offered it to me and then my daughter Fleur gets it but we both deffo agree it's better of in the museum.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11597 on: April 13, 2020, 09:05:44 am »
The original is going in the LFC Museum when she leaves this world . So it'll be there for all to see. Shes always offered it to me and then my daughter Fleur gets it but we both deffo agree it's better of in the museum.
That’s a great place for it to end up. Links your mum and LFC for all time and immortalises her through her brilliant scarf and hopefully her story too.  Should be more ‘ordinary’ (they’re far from ordinary but you know what i mean) supporter stuff in there. People who have devoted their lives to following the Reds; their stories should be told in the museum.

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #11598 on: April 13, 2020, 01:42:50 pm »
That’s a great place for it to end up. Links your mum and LFC for all time and immortalises her through her brilliant scarf and hopefully her story too.  Should be more ‘ordinary’ (they’re far from ordinary but you know what i mean) supporter stuff in there. People who have devoted their lives to following the Reds; their stories should be told in the museum.

I agree.

Check out Emma Case's project.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11599 on: April 13, 2020, 05:13:51 pm »
I agree.

Check out Emma Case's project.
Nice one, cheers! Just had a delve through the website. Great stuff.