Author Topic: Atmosphere at Anfield  (Read 1784395 times)

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Atmosphere at Anfield
« Reply #11520 on: March 7, 2020, 10:13:20 pm »
Knew is was going to be crap due to the amount of people that clapped after the first YNWA verse. It's always a good indication to me
First time I've been in Annie Road today for a long time  ;D it was absolutely tragic.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11521 on: March 7, 2020, 10:16:26 pm »
Yes write that one off today, could hear the players from row 30 of The Kop.  Hopefully everyone saving their voice for Atletico.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #11522 on: March 8, 2020, 01:27:37 am »
As has ever been the case going right back to the early '60's when the whole fan singing/chanting culture began on the Kop, the reality is that in frustrating low key 'expect to win' games such as Saturday lunchtime, the Anfield crowd turns up when it is needed - which, as stated by Klopp after the game and evidenced by myself, occurred yesterday when we went 1-0 down.

And that is all that matters.

It baffles me that there are some posters on here who don't seem able to grasp that basic reality of the Anfield crowd.

They somehow seem to believe that an Inter Milan/St Etienne/Chelsea 05/Barca level atmosphere or even something remotely approaching such levels is possible at run of the mill games such as last night. It simply isn't and never has been. In lower key games Anfield responds to the circumstances of the game in the organic manner it always has done and hopefully always will do. If the circumstances demand it then the Anfield crowd delivers. 

And yesterday was no exception to this Anfield rule.

Fact was it was pretty damn good once we went 1-0 down. And to be fair it was nowhere near its quietest before then either. Not saying it was loud or buzzing - but effectively dismissing those who were doing their best to deliver the singing and chanting and attempting to make some noise prior to the 1-0 turning point simply because the bulk of the crowd prior to then were not in 'big European night ' mood and joining in en masse is way way out of order as far as I'm concerned.

Those guys - including myself and others around me in the main Stand - were giving it a decent go and we got our reward when many more joined in after Bournemouth scored their goal to give the team the increased vocal encouragement it needed to spur it on to go on and win the game - as Kloppie and Milner alluded to in their post match interviews.

And that, for all you moaning fucking ninnies on here, is the object of the fucking exercise. Job fucking done.

To be repeated by moi ad fucking nauseam whenever the moaning fucking ninnies come on here as they inevitably do

;D

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11523 on: March 8, 2020, 07:34:26 am »
Flags look great but can some go over to 102 side of the kop. My ocd does not like the lack of symmetry.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11524 on: March 8, 2020, 07:38:26 am »
I didnt know about the scarf initiative, but it was very noticeable.  Unlike some I thought the atmosphere was decent, especially when we went a goal down.

:scarf
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #11525 on: March 8, 2020, 11:01:39 am »
To be repeated by moi ad fucking nauseam whenever the moaning fucking ninnies come on here as they inevitably do......

;D

...and then conveniently disappear once confronted with what has been the reality of Anfield ever since the Kop first invented behind the goal chanting and singing back in the '60's.

:)

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #11526 on: March 8, 2020, 11:44:20 am »
...and then conveniently disappear once confronted with what has been the reality of Anfield ever since the Kop first invented behind the goal chanting and singing back in the '60's.

What it was like in the 50s or even late 40s when we won the league, out of interest? Polite applause?
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11527 on: March 8, 2020, 12:20:22 pm »

It was the same yesterday, Atmosphere spiked when we were losing, which is exactly how it should be.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Lfcameron7

• Anny Roader
  • Na na na Liverpool, Liverpool na na na
« Reply #11528 on: March 8, 2020, 01:19:34 pm »
Flags should be waved the whole game on Wednesday

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #11529 on: March 8, 2020, 02:19:34 pm »

Fans who wave flags throughout the game don't like watching football. They need to be surrounded by fans who don't like watching football either. And because they're watching flags wave rather than the action on the pitch they are incapable of reacting to the football. The result is a sterile atmosphere. Eventually, to overcome it, you have to bring in drums. Which of course makes it even worse.

On the continent they call these atmosphere-killers 'ultras'.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #11530 on: March 8, 2020, 02:58:31 pm »
They call them bellends by ours.

Am watching the match, fuck off with that or you'll get a crack.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Roughie Scouse

• Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #11531 on: March 8, 2020, 03:53:45 pm »
The atmosphere is there when it’s needed. End of.
"There are places I'll remember all my life"  The Beatles,  ISTANBUL 2005

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11532 on: March 8, 2020, 04:55:39 pm »

Err no. Get all the flags out on the build up then full vocal backing throughout.  Would piss me off no end if I couldn’t see the game because someone was waving a flag in front.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11533 on: March 8, 2020, 07:28:22 pm »

Don’t be bloody silly! Me arms have had enough after doing it for 10 minutes before kick off, we ain’t daft European ultras who do it along with the continuous boring chanting for 90 minutes regardless of the score. I’ve brought me mentality monsters one back out at the end of the game though after the last two games were the team have fought back. Can’t be doing that all game though pure nonsense, get a scarf out and twirl it by all means.

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11534 on: March 8, 2020, 07:57:20 pm »

So those in their armchairs get their entertainemnt? What about those on the Kop who might actually want to watch the match? Besides you would need arms like Russian weightlifters.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #11535 on: March 8, 2020, 09:48:43 pm »
I’m glad everyone is on the same page when it comes to waving flags for a whole game. It would be horrendous..whilst we’re at it, let’s get the repetitive chanting going like at some european grounds that never changes whatever the score. Oh, and a drum to top it off...

Expecting a good european night this week especially as we need to score. You guys can wave the flags for all I care, im in row 50+ so ain’t gonna obstruct my view too much  ;D
« Last Edit: March 8, 2020, 09:50:59 pm by ScubaSteve »

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #11536 on: March 8, 2020, 10:00:31 pm »
I’m glad everyone is on the same page when it comes to waving flags for a whole game. It would be horrendous.....

Having said all that I hope we can also agree what a magnificent thing it is to see al the flags and banners on the Kop before kick off. Spion Kop 1906, and others, are doing an ace job.

I’d love to see more scarves too, 1970s style, but that’s up to individual Kopites isn’t it?
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11537 on: March 8, 2020, 10:12:45 pm »
What it was like in the 50s or even late 40s when we won the league, out of interest? Polite applause?

We need CHOPPER to answer that one for us mate.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #11538 on: March 8, 2020, 10:25:10 pm »
Err no. Get all the flags out on the build up then full vocal backing throughout.  Would piss me off no end if I couldn’t see the game because someone was waving a flag in front.

Was in the Munchen end last March and it's a pain in the arse.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11539 on: March 8, 2020, 10:42:26 pm »
Having said all that I hope we can also agree what a magnificent thing it is to see al the flags and banners on the Kop before kick off. Spion Kop 1906, and others, are doing an ace job.

I’d love to see more scarves too, 1970s style, but that’s up to individual Kopites isn’t it?

Definitely!! I’ll have my scarf for the Atletico game  :scarf

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #11540 on: March 8, 2020, 11:27:24 pm »
Dusted my retro scarf off for Wednesday night to bring onto the kop.  Will try and get my la'al one down to the front to wave one of the smaller flags before KO as well.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11541 on: March 9, 2020, 04:46:56 am »
Dusted my retro scarf off for Wednesday night to bring onto the kop.  Will try and get my la'al one down to the front to wave one of the smaller flags before KO as well.

nice one - Keep Scarves Vintage  ;D

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #11542 on: March 9, 2020, 02:55:43 pm »

Wholeheartedly agree ! They're doing a wonderful job and it's a brilliant sight to behold (....and keep it to pre kick-off).......more scarves please !

Offline Milly B

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #11543 on: March 9, 2020, 03:30:57 pm »
Wednesday has the potential to be up there with the loudest and best European nights in our history.
I urge every man, woman and child to leave nothing at home and give every sinue of support to the reds on the pitch that night, if everyone does that then we can have another night to look forward to in April.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #11544 on: March 9, 2020, 10:00:32 pm »

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline AnimalMasch

• Main Stander
  • Have faith, LFC will prevail. YNWA
« Reply #11545 on: March 9, 2020, 10:19:28 pm »
Remember what horrible *ucks they were at their place?

Yeh, me too. Let's get angry from kick off.
Have faith, LFC will prevail. YNWA

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #11546 on: March 9, 2020, 10:25:20 pm »

GF-3" border="0

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11547 on: March 11, 2020, 11:30:23 am »

Good article ine The independent by Tony Evans on tonights game ( as link below ):

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/liverpool-vs-atletico-madrid-uefa-champions-league-2020-anfield-kop-tonight-a9393336.html

Makes a good point that should the Coronavirus issue become more serious , there's a possibilty that this could be the last game the crowd could attend a game this season . Alarmist perhaps , but a distinct possibility .

Get your singing heads on and make the most of it !

Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #11548 on: March 11, 2020, 12:13:51 pm »
Good article ine The independent by Tony Evans on tonights game ( as link below ):

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/liverpool-vs-atletico-madrid-uefa-champions-league-2020-anfield-kop-tonight-a9393336.html

Makes a good point that should the Coronavirus issue become more serious , there's a possibilty that this could be the last game the crowd could attend a game this season . Alarmist perhaps , but a distinct possibility .

Get your singing heads on and make the most of it !

That's my thinking the way things are going.  Need to make sure the atmosphere is top drawer tonight.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #11549 on: March 11, 2020, 12:25:46 pm »
We've faced bigger deficits in the past going into 2nd leg ties at Anfield, but I think tonight it has to be something even better than what we've seen in the past. Maybe that's due to the way Atletico play and how we know they're solid defensively, but we really have to do our part in breaking them down tonight.

I'm convinced if it's a top class atmosphere, there'll be nowhere to hide for Atletico and we'll be alright.

Give it fucking everything. Come in place of everyone not in the ground and don't just support yourselves, support on behalf of everyone not lucky enough to be there.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11550 on: March 11, 2020, 05:50:25 pm »
Could be the last game we can watch for a while in the ground, let’s make it one to remember.

Expecting a great atmosphere, silence will be deafening to me as it shouldn’t happen.

Let’s be the 12th man and help get them over the line

Can’t wait!!!!

Offline Ossie T

• Main Stander
« Reply #11551 on: March 12, 2020, 10:05:46 am »
Got to be up there with one of the worse atmosphere's with had for a European knock out game.

Especially the 2nd half when the players were knocking on the door.. just no response from the crowd.

Firmly believe there's too many LFC Fam in the stadium hence the knock on effect on the atmosphere, you can come back to me and say it's always been like this and all that bollocks but I ain't falling for that..

Unfortunately there's not enough of the right sort in the ground simple as.. and if we maintain our success it will only get worse. 

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11552 on: March 12, 2020, 10:48:43 am »
Very much enjoyed Deacon Blue-Dignity at half time. More of that please.

Was hard to keep up an atmosphere with the type of play it was. Also got very annoyed with everyone going on about the atmosphere pre game. It doesn’t work like that.

Anyway Up the reds. If we’re able to get inside for our next home game it will hopefully be a special one.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #11553 on: March 12, 2020, 11:07:40 am »
Got to be up there with one of the worse atmosphere's with had for a European knock out game.

Especially the 2nd half when the players were knocking on the door.. just no response from the crowd.

Firmly believe there's too many LFC Fam in the stadium hence the knock on effect on the atmosphere, you can come back to me and say it's always been like this and all that bollocks but I ain't falling for that..

Unfortunately there's not enough of the right sort in the ground simple as.. and if we maintain our success it will only get worse.

It was pretty fam-tastic last year though?

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11554 on: March 12, 2020, 11:09:23 am »

Madrid players were talking about how good it was. Thought it was fine...tense. Peaked at the right moments.

But understandably, died off after the away goal.

Offline Ossie T

• Main Stander
« Reply #11555 on: March 12, 2020, 11:09:59 am »
Absolutely FAMtastic..

head in the sand

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #11556 on: March 12, 2020, 12:21:59 pm »

Bluenose alert

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #11557 on: March 12, 2020, 12:33:23 pm »
Was fuckin shite that last night, flat as a pancake after they scored with 20 fuckin minutes to play.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #11558 on: March 12, 2020, 12:40:11 pm »
What did people think of the coach welcome? Got stuck at the end of Wylva Road and police wouldn’t let us move down to be closer to the pub. Looked like they shut off one side of the road on Arkles Lane too (Stanley Park side)?

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #11559 on: March 12, 2020, 12:51:56 pm »
Started off really well. Wasn't asked to sit which in the lower Kenny is a rarity. Felt noisy and boisterous in the 1st half. But their 2nd goal just killed off any atmosphere.

I think towards the end of the 1st 90 mins the old crowd frustrations started creeping back in. The groans and moans over snatched shots and wasted passes. Think it was Mane doing his 2nd overhead kick that was the final nail into slipping back into the old ways.

Assuming we are allowed back into Anfield, Once we get those 6 points the atmosphere will be better.