Author Topic: Atmosphere at Anfield  (Read 1784439 times)

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
Re: Atmosphere at Anfield
« Reply #11760 on: March 5, 2021, 10:09:42 am »
With the fans backing the players perform better. By the same token the fans wouldn't stand for these performances.
They’d stand alright....for 90 minutes, shouting them on.

Offline Penfold78

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11761 on: March 6, 2021, 08:17:48 am »
This was the last time Chelsea played at Anfield in front of fans:
https://streamable.com/vn1mlp

Just feels so horrible now :(

Emotional. Drives home what the pandemic has taken away from all of us.

Great evidence that there really is no home and away this season. Check the full premier league table to see for yourself how the Home and Away results are pretty much back to front for many clubs. And I believe our players are finding the adjustment more profound than any other club. I imagine many of them chose to join LFC above other clubs partly because of the Anfield atmosphere.

It would be very Liverpool, and very Klopp, to go on a great CL run despite miserable league form but without Anfield nights I can’t see us overcoming any scoreline deficit in quite the same way we previously did. Hope I’m wrong.

As a footnote I find it really interesting that commentators are unable to remove the home and away narrative from their work. It’s like they’re institutionalised to think in those terms even though they can see there’s not a soul in the stadium. It’s also as if there’s a bit of laziness in their work too, they seem to resort to home and away statistics when ever they run out of words.
« Last Edit: March 6, 2021, 08:24:00 am by Penfold78 »

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #11762 on: March 6, 2021, 10:04:42 am »
I have a theory that what powers our fortunes as a club is a big crowd singing You'll Never Walk Alone

God, I NEED to hear that again - in person - SOON

Hope when fans are back WE MAKE LOADS OF FUCKING NOISE

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11763 on: May 20, 2021, 09:12:41 am »
Bump. Give it everything on Sunday you lucky so and sos!!! ;)

Offline Sharado

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11764 on: May 20, 2021, 09:24:12 am »

+1. If you don't need a pack of halls soothers leaving the ground on Saturday give your ticket to someone else. You're the chosen few. Make it count.
Football, like life, isn't about getting what you want or even deserve. It's about appreciating what you have.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #11765 on: May 20, 2021, 09:35:45 am »
Let's get into these, reds. They're shite.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #11766 on: May 20, 2021, 09:49:04 am »
I’ve missed this page!!! Treat is a cup final

Offline OzBomber

• Favourite manager Tommy Tootchel favourite Player Naby 'lid' Kyta
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11767 on: May 20, 2021, 10:23:05 am »
Anyone that sings Poetry In Motion needs to lose their season ticket. Have heard that song enough the past 12 months!

Can't wait to hear it through the TV, it's going to be emotional.

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11768 on: May 22, 2021, 12:47:49 am »

Lucky? How does that work when those going are season ticket holders and members with all 19 home games? Hardly need telling what to do when they are there every game.

Offline DangerScouse

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11769 on: May 22, 2021, 10:46:40 am »
Lucky? How does that work when those going are season ticket holders and members with all 19 home games? Hardly need telling what to do when they are there every game.

Everything okay there?

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #11770 on: May 22, 2021, 07:09:08 pm »
I hope we beat these tomorrow and the fans in the ground really enjoy it. It's been a long time coming.

These players are still our champions, and I'm sure they'll get the reception they deserve.

To all those going tomorrow; have a brilliant day.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11771 on: May 22, 2021, 09:58:59 pm »
Buzzing for this like it is a CL final.  Back in the ground, we are going to make one hell of a racket.  Can’t wait.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #11772 on: May 26, 2021, 08:46:12 am »
So this thread never got bumped. How was it for those that went?

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11773 on: May 26, 2021, 10:09:48 am »
Thought it was pretty dam good to be fair

Maybe even as loud as a full house on any normal match day against a mid/lower table non-rival I'd say.

SO fucking good to be back though.  Not a Sky muppet commentator or clueless pundit anywhere to be heard or seen.

Sitting watching it on telly and getting frustrated for the last year or so has been horrible.  Found myself shouting angrily at every misplaced pass, chance missed the commentator or anything else other than getting behind the team like we would have done normally. 

I honestly believe we will NEVER have a bad run like early 2021 again as long as there are fans in the stadium.  We would have been comfortably second and even challenging City but for the circumstances.  That's even before we take injuries into the equation.

Tannoy system was a bit shit though and where the fook is George?  Or was it George just severely distorted?

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11774 on: May 26, 2021, 10:19:21 am »
So this thread never got bumped. How was it for those that went?

it was fine, nothing crazy but for 10,000 it was certainly better than some of the early Saturday kick-offs with a full ground.

You could tell everyone was very excited to be back though, was a nice lil buzz and a lot of laughs when the Thiago song was sung. Main thing was it was nice to be back but also nice we had fans back to say goodbye to Gini (and probably a fair few others).
YNWA.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #11775 on: August 8, 2021, 11:14:52 pm »
Been a while! First half was very good for a friendly game and pretty much the whole songbook was gone through, Second half was much of a muchness as everyone was probably shattered from standing around for hours on end.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline anitrella

• Anny Roader
« Reply #11776 on: August 9, 2021, 07:40:03 am »
Was in 105 and the stewards had most of us sitting down up until the 300s. Hope it’s not the same for Burnley

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #11777 on: August 9, 2021, 08:23:05 am »
Was in 105 and the stewards had most of us sitting down up until the 300s. Hope it’s not the same for Burnley

Was always going to happen bringing in the rail seats. They'll enforce seating in the areas without them.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #11778 on: August 9, 2021, 09:50:49 am »
Was always going to happen bringing in the rail seats. They'll enforce seating in the areas without them.

They've pretty much done this anyway apart from the big games and European nights

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #11779 on: August 9, 2021, 10:45:32 am »
They've pretty much done this anyway apart from the big games and European nights

I'm in the 100s and we were allowed to stand for all of the 19/20 season games. Fully expecting them to stop that now though.

How were the railed seats, any feedback yet from anyone?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline MacKon

• Main Stander
  • FOOTBALL WITHOUT ORIGI IS NOTHING
« Reply #11780 on: August 9, 2021, 11:49:32 am »
As an average fan, am I allowed to hang my flag somewhere in the corner of the Kop (blocks 102 or 108/109)?
Good thing about pizza is that even when it's bad, it's still reasonably good.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11781 on: August 9, 2021, 03:30:47 pm »
I thought they had been more lenient in the last couple of seasons when we were going for the title but before that it always used to be that everyone had to sit apart from the 300s.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11782 on: August 9, 2021, 03:34:09 pm »
I thought they had been more lenient in the last couple of seasons when we were going for the title but before that it always used to be that everyone had to sit apart from the 300s.

The atmosphere is a big deal for Klopp, if enforced seating affects the atmosphere (which it will) then it won't help the team who are desperate to have a full crowd back. That's why Anfield always had a big game atmosphere because for the big games the Kop were stood. In recent seasons, Anfield had improved in the run of the mill games. As soon as you see the 100 blocks all take their seats at the start of the game you know it's going to be a quiet one.
« Last Edit: August 9, 2021, 03:36:05 pm by Fromola »

Offline Roughie Scouse

• Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #11783 on: August 9, 2021, 06:54:53 pm »
Im in 104 and never sit
"There are places I'll remember all my life"  The Beatles,  ISTANBUL 2005

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #11784 on: August 27, 2021, 07:50:31 pm »
We need a good one tomorrow. Personally I think if the ground is up for it we'll be alright results wise. The atmosphere for the game a couple of years ago when Mane and Salah scored was outstanding, probably the best it had been in the league for about five years.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline DangerScouse

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11785 on: August 27, 2021, 08:46:48 pm »
I've no doubt whatsoever it will be a raucous atmosphere tomorrow. Only an early Chelsea goal can dampen the vociferous support.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #11786 on: August 27, 2021, 09:14:24 pm »
I've no doubt whatsoever it will be a raucous atmosphere tomorrow. Only an early Chelsea goal can dampen the vociferous support.

I disagree with that. For all our faults, we’re streets ahead of other big teams when it comes to keeping the atmosphere going when we go a goal down.

Offline OzBomber

• Favourite manager Tommy Tootchel favourite Player Naby 'lid' Kyta
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11787 on: August 29, 2021, 10:11:32 am »
Sounded boss on TV in the first half until the mics seemed to be muted due to the regular "Fuck the Tories" chants.  :D

When it's loud there's almost a crackle to the sound through the effect mics, especially noticeable when Salah scored. I can't imagine how louds it's going to be when the Annie Road gets done.

Offline Joff

• Nah.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11788 on: August 29, 2021, 11:36:48 am »
Sounded boss on TV in the first half until the mics seemed to be muted due to the regular "Fuck the Tories" chants.  :D

When it's loud there's almost a crackle to the sound through the effect mics, especially noticeable when Salah scored. I can't imagine how louds it's going to be when the Annie Road gets done.

The mics weren't muted. The second half was just a bit quieter overall.
Nah.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #11789 on: August 29, 2021, 11:46:00 am »
Was making my way up the stairs in 205 for a pint at half time when we got the penalty. Was carnage when that Salah penalty went in.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #11790 on: August 29, 2021, 12:19:17 pm »
One of the best atmospheres I’ve been to. (Caveat I get to about 5-6 league games a season) Was in U8 in the Main Stand which is sometimes a bit quiet but was lots of singing, felt tense and edgy but in a good way
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11791 on: August 29, 2021, 12:23:08 pm »
Was making my way up the stairs in 205 for a pint at half time when we got the penalty. Was carnage when that Salah penalty went in.

Never move unless I absolutely have to, I missed that fabulous goal by Torres v Newcastle due to having to go for a piss.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11792 on: August 29, 2021, 09:00:26 pm »
Never move unless I absolutely have to, I missed that fabulous goal by Torres v Newcastle due to having to go for a piss.

It was the opposite for me when Hodgson was manager. I used to hope the queues would take a bit longer. Grim times. I’d leave early too. Hodgson made me fall out with football for a bit.
I can still hear “hoof it” as Carragher points and shapes to hit it blindly up the pitch.  :(
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11793 on: August 30, 2021, 05:45:34 pm »
Those rail seats are fucking brilliant. Absolutely fantastic. Improved the match experience so much.

Good atmosphere in the Kop on Saturday. Shame we couldn't put them to the sword, the roof would have gone off and we might have had a few of Jurgen's fist pumps.

Should put them on throughout the Kop. The legroom is awful for sitting anyway and it makes standing more comfortable (and can be used for seating if needs be).

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11794 on: August 30, 2021, 06:03:58 pm »
Really good atmosphere at times. In the upper main stand and it felt like a lot around me were up for it. Was praying for an early goal in the second half for the roof to come off!!

Those Chelsea fan are awful. Most of the songs were about us…useless.

Topped off the day with boss night…was brilliant

Offline DangerScouse

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11795 on: September 15, 2021, 10:53:53 pm »
Constant noise throughout. Sounded great. Can't wait to get back. World record set for "Oh Campione"? ;D

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #11796 on: September 15, 2021, 10:54:26 pm »
Anfield road was buzzing. Stood throughout. Makes such a difference
YNWA

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11797 on: September 15, 2021, 11:26:38 pm »
Wasn’t the best and wasn’t the worst, like any normal Anfield crowd, hostile at the start and when behind and when pushing for the winner, the rest of the time the team didn’t need us.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #11798 on: September 15, 2021, 11:30:03 pm »

Viaplay seem to have a commentator-free option for matches? (cracking atmosphere) - https://old.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/poyyff/just_european_nights_at_anfield
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11799 on: September 15, 2021, 11:49:58 pm »
Best song of the night was Thiago’s when he was subbed on

Decent atmosphere overall but still far better than any prem game