Author Topic: Atmosphere at Anfield  (Read 1786199 times)

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
Re: Atmosphere at Anfield
« Reply #15080 on: May 22, 2024, 11:57:27 pm »
Much prefer spontaneity over corporate. That’s the age we live in I suppose. I would have preferred the Boss to do a slow walk around the ground à la Shanks after the  League win in 1973....a growing crescendo until he got to the Kop and then if necessary George doing the business with YNWA., and then all slowly leave the pitch. But that’s just me, and I am an arl arse after all.
I think it would’ve been great that SN. Jürgen walks down the tunnel and turns left, down the Main Stand giving everyone down that end a chance to show their adulation. Across in front of the Wolves fans who’d stayed behind in numbers to show their respect. Then across the new Annie with all those enthusiastic fans going mad. Then down the Kenny, getting out of their seats for a change ;) and as you say approaching The Kop, the noise building to a crescendo. Then Jürgen in front of The Kop a la Shanks. Beautiful.

Also agree with Timbo that what happened was a class and fitting send off for the great man. So I’m just talking shite really. But yeah SN, fuckin spot on mate!!