Author Topic: Spurs: fucking useless  (Read 2631649 times)

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Spurs
« Reply #8800 on: February 7, 2018, 01:37:18 pm »
let's stop all this Spurs bashing.

'You'll stop me Spurs bashing when you prise the keyboard from my cold dead hands' says KH.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8801 on: February 7, 2018, 01:37:23 pm »
He's just being honest. Naive if you think all managers don't do the same behind closed doors. Every single manager in the PL including Klopp has players in his squad who have dived or made a meal out of a GK coming out so let's stop all this Spurs bashing.

Why would we do that? You have a team full of English c*nts, and the least cuntish one is still a massive cheat who gets helped by refs and is loved by sycophantic establishment. Spurs deserve it.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #8802 on: February 7, 2018, 01:38:40 pm »
"It’s a mix and I am worried that maybe we are going to kill the game.”

It's a cultural thing, then add in someone as far up their own arse as Poch and you get a line like that, with not a whiff of irony.

Yes we're all hypocrites when it comes to this stuff and turn a blind eye when convenient to do so. But i still think most fans if asked in an ideal world should there be cheating, they would say no, instead of romanticising it.
« Last Edit: February 7, 2018, 01:46:49 pm by BER »

Offline My Original Username Back

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8803 on: February 7, 2018, 01:38:40 pm »
There's some sensible points in there Primitiv but I just don't buy a) that Kane is any more honest than other players and b) the South American/continental diver point at the end. English players have been diving for ages, it's just lazy to still be calling it a South American/Continental thing - that was a lazy cliche even back in the 90s. If you need your memory jogging, here's one of the most famous English dives of all;

I wonder what became of that Argie number 4.

Ok I guess I was wrong to say that but they certainly did have a different attitude towards diving and was one of their influences they've brought into the game with the influx of overseas players here in the PL.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #8804 on: February 7, 2018, 01:44:15 pm »
He's just being honest. Naive if you think all managers don't do the same behind closed doors. Every single manager in the PL including Klopp has players in his squad who have dived or made a meal out of a GK coming out so let's stop all this Spurs bashing.

As I said Alli dived and was punished for it. The others you cannot say conclusively were dives. They were 50/50 decisions that went against Liverpool. Sure feel aggrieved but you're making it a bigger thing than it really is. The other incidents happen week in week out.

Yes, all teams have divers. The issue is your brilliant Poch being that much of a fucking idiot that he says it publically, thus putting a target on your teams back. You won't be so blasé when you get denied a penalty you'd have got a week ago against Arsenal at the weekend.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline ashleyrose-66

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Back on our perch!
« Reply #8805 on: February 7, 2018, 01:44:51 pm »
Ok I guess I was wrong to say that but they certainly did have a different attitude towards diving and was one of their influences they've brought into the game with the influx of overseas players here in the PL.

English players were diving LONG before there was an influx of foreign players, or even before the Premier League was even a thing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul0kcU14iyU

Tottenham's very own Gary Lineker diving in the 1990 World Cup!

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8806 on: February 7, 2018, 01:51:42 pm »
English players were diving LONG before there was an influx of foreign players, or even before the Premier League was even a thing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul0kcU14iyU

Tottenham's very own Gary Lineker diving in the 1990 World Cup!

Learned that during his Barca days no doubt ;)

Even 20 years earlier it was in the English game - Franny Lee knew it too!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/8W49Ljx3VMc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/8W49Ljx3VMc</a>

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #8807 on: February 7, 2018, 01:51:46 pm »
Who cares? Players go down easy to win games. Nothing new,nothing bad about it. If you get caught, yer a twat, happens against you, unlucky. If we benefit from minimal contact, get in!

well there is something bad about it, but good for you if you don't think so :)

It's just one of the shittier aspects of this league as it's getting worse and worse, and ads to the general ruination of games I sometimes watch, so yeah for me I guess I find plenty bad in it. It is one of many rather poor aspects of the premier league granted, and not the worse I know! But still, but I find nothing good about it, and yeah if LFC benefit great and all, doesn't make it good or right.

• Kopite
« Reply #8808 on: February 7, 2018, 01:57:47 pm »
Why would we do that? You have a team full of English c*nts, and the least cuntish one is still a massive cheat who gets helped by refs and is loved by sycophantic establishment. Spurs deserve it.

He's England's main man and captain in all but confirmation.

You have to expect English media and analysts and pundits to be biased towards Kane...thats the way it is. Kane a cheat though? Just no.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8809 on: February 7, 2018, 01:59:28 pm »

You have to expect English media and analysts and pundits to be biased towards Kane...thats the way it is. Kane a cheat though? Just no.

But he cheated on Sunday though, so surely that makes him a cheat? Just like 95% of other players.

• Kopite
« Reply #8810 on: February 7, 2018, 02:01:27 pm »
Yes, all teams have divers. The issue is your brilliant Poch being that much of a fucking idiot that he says it publically, thus putting a target on your teams back. You won't be so blasé when you get denied a penalty you'd have got a week ago against Arsenal at the weekend.

I agree I'd rather be just didn't talk about it all but he's right. PL managers ARE hypocrites. They only moan about it when its against them and they ALL skirt around it when their players do it.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8811 on: February 7, 2018, 02:03:08 pm »

You could argue he doesn't always cheat, you can't argue (with a straight face) that he's never cheated. Maybe it's a semantics thing, but that to me means it's fair to say he cheats.

Respectfully, I couldn't care less about England or any of the backwards football circus and establishment in this country. Club football is all that matters.

Also, any analyst biased towards nationality isn't an analyst - but again, we know that. There isn't mainstream football analysis in this country (hence Spurs fans laughing off Kane, calling him shite and hating the manager for wasting time with him - then fast forward and now the same fans and media analysis of his football amounts to 'is Kane really great or really really great'.
« Last Edit: February 7, 2018, 02:06:48 pm by Classycara »

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8812 on: February 7, 2018, 02:15:12 pm »
Nothing against Spurs, I just despise cheats.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #8813 on: February 7, 2018, 02:22:34 pm »
In the grand scheme of things this isn't a big deal.
Was just annoying as fuck in recent days which is why the "huge" reaction (plus it was quite an important game).
But Spurs didn't invent diving they just happen to have a few players that will look to try and con the ref and hopefully now that is going to be kept in mind going forwards.

Suarez was a "diver" right? Every ref in the country questioned it when he went down....Alli, Kane & Lamella got 2/3 decisions when they went down under MINIMAL contact looking to get a pen. In Alli's case there was absolutely none.

Don't give a shit which pundit thinks they both were pens or not....fact is those 3 players were looking to influence the referee and the manager himself thinks its a tactic required and sees no wrong with it. So let it be known then, should be no reason why any Spurs fan should be precious about their players/team having that label.

It is a part of the game...its shit but it is and to be honest when our players get away with it, its fucking hilarious especially in derbies/against united etc. but when its against us it is absolute bullshit and the worst thing in the world! (im a fan and a hypocrite go figure!)

by the way...have felt now that Poch realllllyy does not like us and has an inferiority complex about us. Anyone else get that?
« Last Edit: February 7, 2018, 02:25:18 pm by redkingwenceslas84 »
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Online zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8814 on: February 7, 2018, 03:04:52 pm »
Kane isn't. I don't remember anyone else in a spurs shirt diving.

I'll see you and raise you...

Gareth Bale tackles referees over repeated bookings for diving

• Bale booked four times this season for simulation

Bale has received four yellow cards this season for simulation – more than any other player in the Premier League – but Bale has explained that his actions have been misinterpreted and he does not deserve to be labelled a diver.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2012/dec/14/gareth-bale-tottenham-diving

I wonder if this will help with Fluff's convenient amnesia

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8815 on: February 7, 2018, 03:22:51 pm »
So Piochetinno things diving is a 'minimal issue'. Here's to his team being on the wrong end of a couple of them minimal issues vs Juventus  8)

He's really come across as a right twat with these comments.

He's really made himself a hostage to fortune with these comments. Looking forward to the next time a couple of big calls go against them especially dives.
At least Klopp said that he didn't think either Lallana's or Calvert - Lewin's were pens so a welcome bit of balance there. To give youself the credibility to be listened to when you moan, you have to acknowledge when you've had some luck. Pochettino did't so fuck him.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8816 on: February 7, 2018, 03:27:07 pm »
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

• Kopite
« Reply #8817 on: February 7, 2018, 03:33:14 pm »
I'll see you and raise you...

Gareth Bale tackles referees over repeated bookings for diving

• Bale booked four times this season for simulation

Bale has received four yellow cards this season for simulation – more than any other player in the Premier League – but Bale has explained that his actions have been misinterpreted and he does not deserve to be labelled a diver.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2012/dec/14/gareth-bale-tottenham-diving

I wonder if this will help with Fluff's convenient amnesia

Deary me. You thought I meant in spurs history? Haha.

I don't know of any other divers in the Spurs side apart from Alli. Maybe Lamela has once or twice. Kane doesn't...not any more than any other attackers in the league. Never seen Eriksen dive. Nor Son. I can't pretend I remember every single incident though.

We can all play this game though. Gerrard and Suarez dived loads. I could post the clips in seconds. I am sure I can find incidents with Lallana, coutinho, Fieminio which might look dodgy. I know you have players that have looked like they have dived in your squad. Diving isn't exclusive to Spurs. Really not sure what point you're trying to make...

We could do the same with Chelsea and hazard and Willian, Costa etc

If it's that Spurs are divers and Liverpool and other clubs aren't? Well sorry but you're wrong.
« Last Edit: February 7, 2018, 03:36:00 pm by In a Right Fluffery Buffery »

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8818 on: February 7, 2018, 03:35:55 pm »

I don't know of any other divers in the Spurs side apart from Alli. Maybe Lamela has once or twice. Kane doesn't...not any more than any other attackers in the league. Never seen Eriksen dive. Nor Son. I can't pretend I remember every single incident though.

We can all play this game though. Gerrard and Suarez dived loads. I could post the clips in seconds. I am sure I can find incidents with Lallana, coutinho, firminio, I know you have players that have looked like they have dived in your squad. Diving isn't exclusive to Spurs. Really not sure what point you're trying to make...

If it's that Spurs are divers and Liverpool and other clubs aren't? Well sorry but you're wrong.

I swear you are on a wind up. You've seen 2 other Spurs players blatantly dive to win penalties just a few days ago, but apparently there are no other divers in the Spurs team apart from Alli :lmao

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8819 on: February 7, 2018, 03:37:34 pm »
But, but, but... all the pundits told him they were pens............

• Kopite
« Reply #8820 on: February 7, 2018, 03:39:00 pm »
I swear you are on a wind up. You've seen 2 other Spurs players blatantly dive to win penalties just a few days ago, but apparently there are no other divers in the Spurs team apart from Alli :lmao

Blatant dives according to you. Not to all the other pundits and analysts I've seen since Sunday. I have agreed they are contentious decisions but I don't think they are outright dives and nor did the officials, pundits, and many others.

We will just have to agree to disagree on the incidents. It's a game of opinions after all.

Online zero zero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8821 on: February 7, 2018, 03:47:31 pm »
Not just me, though this is a very unconvincing bit of back-tracking. You said "I don't remember..." - past tense.
I don't know of any other divers in the Spurs side apart from Alli. Maybe Lamela has once or twice.
So, no one apart from Alli, and then in your next sentence you name one. You are all over the place. Three of your players dived in the last match we played. That's what we're talking about it. You're the one trying to bring up ancient history and present a series of straw men.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8822 on: February 7, 2018, 03:55:06 pm »
Blatant dives according to you. Not to all the other pundits and analysts I've seen since Sunday. I have agreed they are contentious decisions but I don't think they are outright dives and nor did the officials, pundits, and many others.

We will just have to agree to disagree on the incidents. It's a game of opinions after all.

This seems fair enough.

Kane must have felt a really strong localised gust of wind* that knocked him over just before Karius got to him, because there's no way he wasn't going down before he touched Karius but also no way that pure, innocent, brave, English gentleman would ever lower himself to diving like a dirty foreign cheat, absolutely no way.

*struggles against desire to make shit hurriKane joke*

• Kopite
« Reply #8823 on: February 7, 2018, 04:19:46 pm »
Not just me, though this is a very unconvincing bit of back-tracking. You said "I don't remember..." - past tense.So, no one apart from Alli, and then in your next sentence you name one. You are all over the place. Three of your players dived in the last match we played. That's what we're talking about it. You're the one trying to bring up ancient history and present a series of straw men.

I'm not all over the place you are just jumping to assumptions about what you think I meant. I'm just being realistic when I say I can't remember any Spurs players diving. I didn't mean in the history of Spurs which is what you seemed to grasp at.  I would have thought it obvious I was talking about the current squad as that what seems to be the problem....that we are a team full of divers under Poch.

I think I'm being honest when I say I know Alli dived and Lamela may have done once or twice in the past (Not on Sunday). Don't try to pretend you don't have players that dive either.  As ever the issue is what one person thinks is a dive another person thinks is a foul. Thats just the way it is. I say one person dives in the last match and the other two were contentious decisions but not dives.

Now I have pretty much the entire footballing world agreeing with me and I haven't seen anyone in the media calling out Lamela and Kane for diving  Lamela in particular would be hounded if it was an obvious dive but he hasn't been. I wonder why? Maybe because most people don't think it's a dive. There's a clear image of VVD kicking him in the thigh. Did Lamela make a meal out of it yes...that isn't cheating or diving though. He just gained an advantage when he saw one, he got to the ball first and shielded it, and VVD didn't see him but if you make contact anywhere else on the pitch like that it could easily be a foul. I really don't think what I'm saying is that extreme or out there is it? If you kick a player / make contact with the opposition in the box you are asking for it really. At best VVD didn't see him and at worst it was clumsy.
« Last Edit: February 7, 2018, 04:21:30 pm by In a Right Fluffery Buffery »

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #8824 on: February 7, 2018, 04:24:11 pm »
He didn’t get to the ball first. At no point did he come close to touching the ball. And he has dived before. At Anfield before to win a penalty in the League Cup.

Anyway I know there’s been a disproportionate amount of chat about your penalties but it makes a nice change from arguing with you about all the other stuff. :D

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8825 on: February 7, 2018, 04:54:11 pm »
I'm not all over the place you are just jumping to assumptions about what you think I meant. I'm just being realistic when I say I can't remember any Spurs players diving. I didn't mean in the history of Spurs which is what you seemed to grasp at.  I would have thought it obvious I was talking about the current squad as that what seems to be the problem....that we are a team full of divers under Poch.

I think I'm being honest when I say I know Alli dived and Lamela may have done once or twice in the past (Not on Sunday). Don't try to pretend you don't have players that dive either.  As ever the issue is what one person thinks is a dive another person thinks is a foul. Thats just the way it is. I say one person dives in the last match and the other two were contentious decisions but not dives.

Now I have pretty much the entire footballing world agreeing with me and I haven't seen anyone in the media calling out Lamela and Kane for diving  Lamela in particular would be hounded if it was an obvious dive but he hasn't been. I wonder why? Maybe because most people don't think it's a dive. There's a clear image of VVD kicking him in the thigh. Did Lamela make a meal out of it yes...that isn't cheating or diving though. He just gained an advantage when he saw one, he got to the ball first and shielded it, and VVD didn't see him but if you make contact anywhere else on the pitch like that it could easily be a foul. I really don't think what I'm saying is that extreme or out there is it? If you kick a player / make contact with the opposition in the box you are asking for it really. At best VVD didn't see him and at worst it was clumsy.
God amongst men David Squires did, in his own inimitable and subtle way. There's a man with the footballing insight of a thousand Alan Shearers. And, er, the completely unbiased John Aldridge picked up on it too.

You're right though, in that most of the punditry world has ignored it completely, or agrees with you. There's a bit of pro-Tottenham hagiography going on at the minute though in some media quarters, and understandably so in some ways - you play good football, are overperforming considering your wage budget relative to the other top six, have a young team with a fair few English players - but that will lead to the dodgier aspects of your game (ie the diving and the snide tackles) being overlooked to a certain extent.

Look, I think Kane's a great footballer and tend to quite like the guy, but he also quite clearly dived/went looking for contact/fell over and made sure his trailing leg touched Karius for the first penalty decision on Sunday. Obviously our players have done the same in the past, but to completely gloss over Sunday's divey antics, as the punditry community has done, is a bit fucking irritating for Liverpool supporters, or me anyway. Any degree of contention in that decision has been regarding was it/wasn't it offside, whereas the issue of was it actually a dive has been swept under the carpet.

I understand why - England's Brave Sir Harry Kane, fine upstanding fella, ooh let's hope he helps us make it out the group stage at the World Cup and straight into the Halls of Immortality etc - but for fuck's sake pundit twats, don't just assume that because Kane goes down it's automatically a foul because Tottenham's Golden Boy would never even think about going down too easily. He may be less of a cheat than some other footballers, but he'll still do it, and the least you could do is actually analyse it with something approaching objectivity.

Online zero zero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8826 on: February 7, 2018, 05:10:53 pm »
Don't try to pretend you don't have players that dive either.
Three of your players dived in our last fucking match. Outcome - one booking, two penalties. None of our players dived in our last fucking match. If you want to talk about historical cases, don't be surprised if we do too. Lallana vs Everton is irrelevant to the discussion. As is Gerrard. As is SUarez. Unless you want to discuss your serial divers as well (I don't).

Now I have pretty much the entire footballing world agreeing with me and I haven't seen anyone in the media calling out Lamela and Kane for diving.
Fuck me mate, we cannot have a discussion if it gets limited only to stuff you've seen or remember.

"Yesterday [in Liverpool and Tottenham's 2-2 draw] we saw when the goalkeeper comes out and is late you make yourself small but the striker puts his foot there and it's a penalty, every time this will happen."

"He left his foot and dives, it's not a penalty."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/thibaut-courtois-wades-diving-storm-11978751
Did Lamela make a meal out of it yes...that isn't cheating or diving though. He just gained an advantage when he saw one, he got to the ball first and shielded it, and VVD didn't see him but if you make contact anywhere else on the pitch like that it could easily be a foul. I really don't think what I'm saying is that extreme or out there is it? If you kick a player / make contact with the opposition in the box you are asking for it really.
Some nice euphemisms there.

You said earlier that football is a game of opinions, but it isn't. It's a game governed by laws. Every bit of contact is not a foul anywhere on a football pitch. And if the level of contact (we'll leave aside who moved into whom) doesn't warrant the way Lamela threw himself to the ground, it's a dive.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #8827 on: February 7, 2018, 05:15:49 pm »
Lamela picked himself up when he thought the ref hadn't fallen for his cunning plan, noticed the linesman was flagging, had a relapse, rolled about on the floor indicating he needed treatment.

Diving with enhanced diving related behaviour, if such a thing exists.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8828 on: February 7, 2018, 05:32:21 pm »
God amongst men David Squires did, in his own inimitable and subtle way.

Yes I thought that was fantastic.

Imagine thinking you were right because the pundits in this country all said it :lmao They're fucking morons to a man, and you know it. Shearer, Murphy, Jenas etc...barely a brain cell to rub between them.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8829 on: February 7, 2018, 05:36:20 pm »

I think I'm being honest when I say I know Alli dived and Lamela may have done once or twice in the past (Not on Sunday). Don't try to pretend you don't have players that dive either. As ever the issue is what one person thinks is a dive another person thinks is a foul. Thats just the way it is. I say one person dives in the last match and the other two were contentious decisions but not dives.

Yep, of course Liverpool have players who will dive, like every team. The difference is I guess, Liverpool's coach doesn't actively encourage them to dive, and doesn't hold the belief that diving is ok, and just a 'minimal detail',

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8830 on: February 7, 2018, 05:57:41 pm »
Yes I thought that was fantastic.

Imagine thinking you were right because the pundits in this country all said it :lmao They're fucking morons to a man, and you know it. Shearer, Murphy, Jenas etc...barely a brain cell to rub between them.
;D

I know mate. It'd be like judging your political opinions by seeing if Katie Hopkins and Sean Hannity agree with you.

These days I tend to gauge the accuracy of my footballing opinions by seeing if they chime with what the MOTD et al lads are saying, and if they do then I know I'm wrong so I adjust my opinions accordingly.*

*I reserve the right to change my mind to agree with them if they judge a contentious decision correct if it goes in Liverpool's favour, despite the unlikelihood of such a scenario ever occurring in the near future...

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8831 on: February 7, 2018, 06:13:11 pm »
Yep, of course Liverpool have players who will dive, like every team. The difference is I guess, Liverpool's coach doesn't actively encourage them to dive, and doesn't hold the belief that diving is ok, and just a 'minimal detail',
There is a degree of hysteria at the moment about this topic, but I wouldn't be surprised if we (and all other clubs) did encourage players to go down if they feel contact; because if you don't, you don't get the decision. Obviously encouraging the manufacturing of contact - or of going down wrongly anticipating it, as Alli did - is a little different.

But I'm sure some other managers do; I suspect not Klopp (I don't recall any really bad dives in the last couple of years). The most unique thing about Pochettino, it seems, is that he's basically admitted to it. Which might not be the smartest thing he's ever done.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8832 on: February 7, 2018, 06:26:55 pm »
I wrote here many times that Pochettino is vastly overrated in England, some seem to think he is ready made to win boatload of trophies at a big club. I disagree, he is still largely unproven. But in recent years, he seemingly has bought the English media hype around him, and is acting very weird, saying weird things.

I cannot imagine him lasting long at a club like Madrid. I hope they sign him.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8833 on: February 7, 2018, 06:37:54 pm »
Anyway I know there’s been a disproportionate amount of chat about your penalties but it makes a nice change from arguing with you about all the other stuff. :D

Speak for yourself - I miss the halcyon days of the Torres v Kane debate!

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8834 on: February 7, 2018, 06:46:03 pm »
I wrote here many times that Pochettino is vastly overrated in England, some seem to think he is ready made to win boatload of trophies at a big club. I disagree, he is still largely unproven. But in recent years, he seemingly has bought the English media hype around him, and is acting very weird, saying weird things.

I cannot imagine him lasting long at a club like Madrid. I hope they sign him.

he's clearly overhyped, not sure bout overrated, are they the same things?  :D But yeah, the hype around him and Spurs in the premier league is really peculiar.

I guess it's one of them cases where it'll be interesting to see how he does if he goes to a big club, be it in the prem or back in Spain.

Offline Thats So Dimitar

• Kopite
« Reply #8835 on: February 7, 2018, 06:54:05 pm »
he's clearly overhyped, not sure bout overrated, are they the same things?  :D But yeah, the hype around him and Spurs in the premier league is really peculiar.

I guess it's one of them cases where it'll be interesting to see how he does if he goes to a big club, be it in the prem or back in Spain.

Badly if he goes to Madrid or most big clubs imo. Not because he is a bad manager/coach but his style and methods require players of a certain mentality. It's why he prefers to go for younger players and is happy to promote from a clubs academy. He wants players to run through walls for him, he has that here, I doubt he will at another club. Imagine if he went to a club like Chelsea, for example. That bunch of players would abandon him before the season even started.
We beat Real Madrid

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8836 on: February 7, 2018, 07:00:14 pm »
Badly if he goes to Madrid or most big clubs imo. Not because he is a bad manager/coach but his style and methods require players of a certain mentality. It's why he prefers to go for younger players and is happy to promote from a clubs academy. He wants players to run through walls for him, he has that here, I doubt he will at another club. Imagine if he went to a club like Chelsea, for example. That bunch of players would abandon him before the season even started.

yeah that's true. I wonder if he has any ambition of coaching one of the big boys in Spain?  Might have to adapt his style if he does make a move like that in the future.

Offline Thats So Dimitar

• Kopite
« Reply #8837 on: February 7, 2018, 07:05:49 pm »
yeah that's true. I wonder if he has any ambition of coaching one of the big boys in Spain?  Might have to adapt his style if he does make a move like that in the future.

Not Barcelona I don't think. He really does have a strong connection to Espanyol, I've been listening to his book recently and he talks about it a lot. I do believe he would turn down a contract there out of respect for Espanyol. He values loyalty a lot.

Madrid, as I said, I think could be a very bad move. Too many big dressing room personalities, though I don't know for certain how they might react to his coaching.
We beat Real Madrid

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8838 on: February 7, 2018, 07:22:19 pm »

Poch, like Wenger, is at the best club any manager can be. Yes, I do think so. He has had 0 pressure on him at Spurs to either win trophies or do something remarkable. Had some embarrassing games in Europe where European minnows defeated Spurs, yet, it was excused as the league being more important. But in the league, he isn't guaranteed to finish even in top 4, yet, gets only praised for it. There have been no repercussions (as in even bad press) whether Spurs finish in top 4 or not, whether they win anything or not. It seems like he is going to get praised regardless.

Wenger has been in that situation for a long time. The board doesn't care. But finally, the fans and media are fed-up with that, so he is getting negative press.

I'd say there is no single club in Spain that would put as little pressure on Poch without winning trophies. Clubs like Valencia have regularly been sacking fairly decent coaches. It's a dream job for Poch, it must be, I don't know if he is appreciative enough of it. The moment he walks in a big club, all those excuses go out the window.

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8839 on: February 7, 2018, 07:25:39 pm »
Not Barcelona I don't think. He really does have a strong connection to Espanyol, I've been listening to his book recently and he talks about it a lot. I do believe he would turn down a contract there out of respect for Espanyol. He values loyalty a lot.

Madrid, as I said, I think could be a very bad move. Too many big dressing room personalities, though I don't know for certain how they might react to his coaching.

Exactly. It is very hard to imagine that all big stars would accept his authority, personality or even respect him. Poch will suddenly learn that forget about winning trophies (which is expected every season), but even losing some games creates all sorts of drama. It's not the same job as in Spurs, where he can do no wrong.