Author Topic: Rafa Benitez, new Chelsea manager  (Read 85502 times)

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Rafa Benitez, new Chelsea manager
« Reply #640 on: November 21, 2012, 09:03:29 pm »
A man's gotta eat...

You really telling me that Benitez is at all short of cash.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline anfieldanfield

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #641 on: November 21, 2012, 09:03:33 pm »
"Chelsea is a big club with fantastic players, every manager wants to coach such a big team. I would never take that job in respect for my former team at Liverpool, no matter what. For me there is only one club in England and that's Liverpool."

Things change though. Football changes, life changes.

The man hasn't had a job for two years - he needs to get back in work & this is a great opportunity for him.

He obviously doesn't give a fuck about Chelsea and is just using them to get back into the game.

Offline Oh Caption! My Caption!

• Was Alonso.
  • Legacy Fan
  • And it's GERAAAAAAARD!!!
« Reply #642 on: November 21, 2012, 09:03:36 pm »
''Chelsea is a big club with fantastic players, every manager wants to coach a such a big team. I would never take that job, in respect for my former team at Liverpool, no matter what. For me there is only club in England, and that's Liverpool''

guess who?

Care to provide a link to those quotes. Oh and even if there real, I couldnt give a fuck because, well you know.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #643 on: November 21, 2012, 09:03:41 pm »
''Chelsea is a big club with fantastic players, every manager wants to coach a such a big team. I would never take that job, in respect for my former team at Liverpool, no matter what. For me there is only club in England, and that's Liverpool''

guess who?

Roy Evans??
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #644 on: November 21, 2012, 09:03:52 pm »
Andy Heaton ‏@Andrew_Heaton
Rafa will win Chelsea a trophy this year, shame FSG aren't that arsed about things like that.
That's not really a fair statement, Rafa has more armoury to win a trophy than any Liverpool manager with our current squad - we'll see anyway.

Offline Rojo O Muerto

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #645 on: November 21, 2012, 09:04:12 pm »
The minutes silence being ignored, other shit we've dealt with involving that club and their supporters, get to fuck Rafa.
If you can't support us when we're shartin', don't support us when we're fartin'

Offline harrythered

• Kopite
« Reply #646 on: November 21, 2012, 09:04:16 pm »
Sad day this. Will be horrible watching him succeed with Chelsea, of all the teams in the world. Had to be Chelsea.
Justice For The 96

Offline Ratty

• Kemlynite
« Reply #647 on: November 21, 2012, 09:04:19 pm »
i hate it when people say "close this thread" its here for a discussion and if were are not allowed to put our opinions then whats the point in RAWK?!

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #648 on: November 21, 2012, 09:04:43 pm »
I feel this is the wrong decision for Benitez and not because I do not want to see him at Chelsea but because they are completely the wrong club for him.  A club that has had 9 managers in 9 years.  It is not the club where he can rebuild his reputation with little pressure and full backing.  In fact it seems like he already has people at the club and in the media already attacking him.  It is a poor decision by him.  It seems like he keeps on making wrong decisions.  He should have never went to Inter after Mourinho.  That was always a no win situation.  And now going to Chelsea.

Absolutely spot on

If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #649 on: November 21, 2012, 09:04:45 pm »
why thank you kind sir. :)

You're right, once I heard the news I thought I'd dip my toe in the old girl(RAWK) and see how's she's taking it - not well apparently.

Lets not kid ourselves here though, when we play them, he'll be out to stick one over us, make no mistakes about that and so he should, this is football, there is no sentiment in football and nor should there be. We should be out to turn 'his' chelsea team over well and truly and once the whistle blows, it's game on and lets do them.

I'm surprised it's took this long for him to take up a managerial post and to be fair to him, he'll be out to prove a point to Roman and there is no dangerous a man, than a man out to prove a point, so I expect chelsea to be a stronger force once he gets going.

One thing I have to chuckle at though, is the chelsea fans - it must of been like that scene in blazzing saddles when they find out the news today...the new sheriff is a.... Benitez! " Up yours Benitez".. and after the first game with all the boos and loading of guns, he'll be in the changies, shell shocked with his deputy, staring into the air with the deputy whispering into his ear "what did you expect?....hay rafa, welcome, come and marry my daughter?...." ;D

Certainly added an extra dynamic to the season, well and truly.

Rodgers just pawn in game of life :P

oh but there is, which is why we love it, no? :D
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #650 on: November 21, 2012, 09:05:27 pm »
Feels a bit like the day Torres left for them. Its nowhere near the same in reality and he needs this job to get back into the mix of managing some of Europe'e elite clubs and will most likely do a great job, but its Rafa Benitez, good god its going to be horrible facing them.
Tactically the best manager in the world imho, he's going to tear this league apart with that squad. Goodluck Rafa, only till we can mix it with the big boys again.

And some of you fucking morons saying Chelsea may feel like a second team can do one. He's a great man and we all loved him for what he meant to us, but seriously get a grip. Rafa Benitez would mean nothing to us if it weren't for LFC. Club before any man, and if any man can include Kenny Dalglish in the summer of 2012, it sure does mean Rafa Benitez in winter.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline Oh Caption! My Caption!

• Was Alonso.
  • Legacy Fan
  • And it's GERAAAAAAARD!!!
« Reply #651 on: November 21, 2012, 09:05:40 pm »
The minutes silence being ignored, other shit we've dealt with involving that club and their supporters, get to fuck Rafa.

Shut the fuck up. Who the fuck do you think you are questioning Rafa committment to the 96. He's done more for that campaign than 99 percent of people ever have.

Disgraceful.

Offline Carly

• Rafa Obsessive. Wales Rugby Union fan. Defianately!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #652 on: November 21, 2012, 09:05:55 pm »
A man's gotta eat...

He's a multi millionaire, hes hardly struggling.

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #653 on: November 21, 2012, 09:06:05 pm »
You really telling me that Benitez is at all short of cash.

No but he is hungry to get back into the game with a club competing for trophies... more opportunity than a QPR or Villa for example. He's had to cash in some of his principle to play at the top table. You only get one career... he's clearly compromising somewhat.
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #654 on: November 21, 2012, 09:06:18 pm »
the reaction from the chelsea lot is hilarious, makes it all kind of worth it

Offline Dickie_Mint

• Minty Dick
  • Kopite
  • Cesky Sen!
« Reply #655 on: November 21, 2012, 09:06:38 pm »

My mate at the social said if you've been out of work for 6 months or more you've got to take any job they offer you. Rafa was offered Poundland or Chelsea... He chose Poundland but when they rang the job had already gone... (Di Matteo got it apparently)

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #656 on: November 21, 2012, 09:06:49 pm »
I hope he does very well there, coming second to Man City in everything we cannot win and turns things around. Then walks away in the summer whilst his stock is still high, with Roman on his knees begging him to stay.

I will always love and respect Rafa for everything he has done for the Club - not just on the field but off of it, exposing those cancerous c*nts and the time and money he put into helping the Hillsborough families. Nothing he achieves at Chelsea will ever change that.

My love for Rafa > My dislike for Chelsea

The man has my respect. And my thanks.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #657 on: November 21, 2012, 09:06:50 pm »
from a chelsea fan:

Our club became a total joke today, a sad, horrible, awful joke, and I feel ashamed.

Six months on from the greatest night in our history it's come to this.

Roman has a fundamental misunderstanding of football IMO, he doesn't understand the tribal aspect, he doesn't understand that without identity football is meaningless, and this appointment, more than any appointment of any Chelsea employee in the past, compromises our identity.

He just doesn't get these things. He gets other things but not this, and I for one have seriously gone off him after today, I just don't think it's right to sh*t on the fans' feelings in this way, just as it wasn't right for Alan Sugar to appoint George Graham at Spurs.

The Tottenham fans used to camp outside the club's offices at full-time and chant, "We want our Tottenham back", and that's the way I feel about Chelsea now.

I'd honestly take being in the Football Conference over this. Roman has done pretty shocking things in the past, but this is by far the worst.

Success at any price? Not for me. Some things are more important.

This appointment bodes ill. It bodes very very ill. We have a manager the fans don't want. They really, fervently, passionately don't want. It was incumbent IMO for Roman to respect that opinion.

I have this nagging feeling Roman just can't quite accept his £50m poster boy is a dud, hence the attraction of Benitez has grown stronger with each passing unproductive month.

That's right folks. He misguidedly purchased Torres at great expense, and now, to compound that problem, he's just made the most abhorrent signing he could possibly make in the eyes of Chelsea fans.

People are really laughing at us now and rightly so.

If Roman thinks this is going to be successful he's deluded.

This is going to be horrific, and it's going to turn ugly very soon, because Benitez has joined a club where he knows he's unwelcomed by the fans.

I fear him and Torres are going to get a terrible reaction on Sunday.

Let me tell you this, whenever Benitez has left a club he has blamed everybody but himself, and as soon as he leaves Chelsea, with all that ill-feeling, you can bet he won't have a nice thing to say about us, if only to ingratiate himself with the scousers even more.

Roman you're an idiot, and Rafa, you must have a bloody good agent.

Sad day.

:lmao

Offline thedanny

• Danny Dyer is not just for Xmas. This Custom Title lasts all year. As does my adoration of him, however much I protest.
  • Kopite
« Reply #658 on: November 21, 2012, 09:07:05 pm »
I know I should be pleased for Rafa.

He only ever did good things for this club.

I was relieved for him when we let him go. Gutted for me and gutted for the club.

But this is like waching your missus run off with the flash gobshite with the big sports car.

Headfuck.

It's more like seeing an ex-missus with said flash gobshite and big sports car...

It's not on.

Offline harrythered

• Kopite
« Reply #659 on: November 21, 2012, 09:07:10 pm »
the reaction from the chelsea lot is hilarious, makes it all kind of worth it
One good thing i guess. The stupidity being shown is beyond belief.
Justice For The 96

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #660 on: November 21, 2012, 09:07:16 pm »
i hate it when people say "close this thread" its here for a discussion and if were are not allowed to put our opinions then whats the point in RAWK?!
Taking the piss out of Amir, Mouth, Capon and SHF? .......I don't know?
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #661 on: November 21, 2012, 09:07:39 pm »
Absolutely spot on

Agreed. Unless he hits the ground running. Rafa is on a hiding to nothing. I mean the media in this country already hate him as do the Chelsea fans.

He must be unbelievable desperate for work.

Offline Page Load Error

• Main Stander
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯
« Reply #662 on: November 21, 2012, 09:07:48 pm »
He's a professional and has always said that he has to take a job eventually. Can't fault him for taking the opportunity. I hope it goes smoothly for him on a personal level, but as has been said, looks like he's on a hiding to nothing.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #663 on: November 21, 2012, 09:08:31 pm »
One good thing i guess. Stupidity

I love the way its seems they are planning on campaigning against Benitez. They know they can't do it against Roman because they'd be nothing again without him.

Either Rafa does OK or he doesn't and Chelsea fall apart. That's the way I'm looking at it  :)

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #664 on: November 21, 2012, 09:08:38 pm »
Rod Hull? Che Guevara? I give up, surprise me.

Was Benitez I think..
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Mirra

• The Cock of RAWK. desperately seeking two fat ladies. His ass found glass in the grass.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No one on the corner got a swagger like me
« Reply #665 on: November 21, 2012, 09:08:47 pm »
Like Rafa, wanted him back here after Kenny, was gutted we got Rogers instead but thats life. He isnt our manager anymore, hope he fails at Chelsea because they arent Liverpool and I want any team not us to fail, simples.
Mirra, 7777 wake up the thread needs you!

Offline Danyaals Kop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • allez les rouges
« Reply #666 on: November 21, 2012, 09:09:13 pm »
Can't believe he's done it.

The wrong club for him yet you still have a feeling he's gonna do well.

Gutted is an understatement. Sometimes, I swear, just fuck football.

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #667 on: November 21, 2012, 09:09:19 pm »
Brentie just posted this photo of himself on twitter...

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #668 on: November 21, 2012, 09:09:20 pm »
Fucking hell, thread's growing quicker than a post match when we lose  :o

Nobody wanted him to go there, but how long is he supposed to wait for our present/future owners to approach him.
I'm glad he's got himself a job, granted a little gutted it's there of all places, but he knows the score.

Who's doing the late night suicide watch btw??
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #669 on: November 21, 2012, 09:09:26 pm »
I feel this is the wrong decision for Benitez and not because I do not want to see him at Chelsea but because they are completely the wrong club for him.  A club that has had 9 managers in 9 years.  It is not the club where he can rebuild his reputation with little pressure and full backing.  In fact it seems like he already has people at the club and in the media already attacking him.  It is a poor decision by him.  It seems like he keeps on making wrong decisions.  He should have never went to Inter after Mourinho.  That was always a no win situation.  And now going to Chelsea.

The other way of looking at things is that Chelsea have become such a joke when it comes to dumping managers that he gets 6 months to prove himself to proper clubs.

Offline Chezwa

• Kemlynite
  • Shit Bastard
« Reply #670 on: November 21, 2012, 09:09:27 pm »
I say Rafa took the job to destroy Cheslki from the inside!  :o

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #671 on: November 21, 2012, 09:09:54 pm »
Oooooh! No need to get ratty.

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #672 on: November 21, 2012, 09:10:00 pm »
Want Rafa to do well, but that's outdone by my desire for Chelsea to do terrible. I really do hate them.

They don't deserve him. Saw numerous posts by Chelsea fans telling him to 'Fuck off' this morning when his name was linked, and judging by the posts I've read on 'The Shed End' forum, now that it's official, they still don't appreciate him and are wholly disappointed.

Even in a crazy hypothetical world where Gary Neville was named as LFC boss, I wouldn't like it, buy I'd sure as hell get behind him until things went pear-shaped. Especially if he had the CV of Rafa.
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #673 on: November 21, 2012, 09:10:07 pm »

My mate at the social said if you've been out of work for 6 months or more you've got to take any job they offer you. Rafa was offered Poundland or Chelsea... He chose Poundland but when they rang the job had already gone... (Di Matteo got it apparently)
LOST!
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Re: Rafa Benitez, new Chelsea manager
« Reply #674 on: November 21, 2012, 09:10:22 pm »
Taking the piss out of Amir, Mouth, Capon and SHF? .......I don't know?
;D

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #675 on: November 21, 2012, 09:10:22 pm »
They get better:

Posted Today, 09:18 PM
The thought of Benitez potentially lifting the club world cup with us is just sickening.

:lmao

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Rafa Benitez, new Chelsea manager
« Reply #676 on: November 21, 2012, 09:10:38 pm »
Interim? What a joke.

Offline Rojo O Muerto

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #677 on: November 21, 2012, 09:10:52 pm »
Shut the fuck up. Who the fuck do you think you are questioning Rafa committment to the 96. He's done more for that campaign than 99 percent of people ever have.

Disgraceful.
Dear leader.
If you can't support us when we're shartin', don't support us when we're fartin'

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #678 on: November 21, 2012, 09:11:05 pm »
Was Benitez I think..

It's been posted on here about 20 times.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Sandblast

• Kopite
« Reply #679 on: November 21, 2012, 09:11:07 pm »
Be interesting to see how he changes the team for the game on Sunday.

I think he'll bring in Lampard, if he's fit, with Mikel and Ramirez. Hazard and Mata behind Torres. Oscar and Sturridge from the bench.

He'll get a great welcome here next April, my worry is the reception he'll receive from the Chelsea shed.
" Don't let your heads drop. We're Liverpool. You're playing for Liverpool. Don't forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them. " Rafael Benitez 25th May 2005