Author Topic: Rafa Benitez, new Chelsea manager  (Read 85694 times)

Offline yellsub66

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Rafa Benitez, new Chelsea manager
« Reply #760 on: November 21, 2012, 09:43:45 pm »
Something seems to come along almost every week now to make me realise how I am rapidly falling out of love with football. This happening today is just one of those things  :'(

This game we all love is rapidly becoming a farce  :butt

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #761 on: November 21, 2012, 09:44:20 pm »
that would make us look a bit stupid seeing as he only won it once

thanks for that
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline redforlife

• For future reference an equals sign looks like this: =
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #762 on: November 21, 2012, 09:45:23 pm »
I'm gutted like, want Chelsea to win fuck all, but don't want Rafa not to succeed.  He deserves to do well, the club don't
Didi Hamann

In the corridors and changing rooms of Anfield I met many people - the great, the talented, the legendary.  I know that I only met one genius.  He was a small, smiling man with a neatly clipped beard.  His name was Rafael Benitez.

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #763 on: November 21, 2012, 09:45:38 pm »
Clearly Romans last ditch attempt at getting the best out of Torres. It could go either way but if Rafa can't get Torres firing no one can.

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #764 on: November 21, 2012, 09:45:50 pm »
Something seems to come along almost every week now to make me realise how I am rapidly falling out of love with football. This happening today is just one of those things  :'(

This game we all love is rapidly becoming a farce  :butt

What, because a rival team appointed our former manager who has been unemployed for two years?

Get a hold of y'self lad.

Offline n00bert

• Legacy Fan
  • Born a Red, die a Red. 4-2-3-1 Ultra. DM sceptic.
« Reply #765 on: November 21, 2012, 09:46:31 pm »
Ah fuck can't believe that he's gone to Chelsea. Wishing him the best and the rentboys the worse.

Offline Scribble8

• Bad WUM. Nu hållar sin käft, jävla wumjävel......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #766 on: November 21, 2012, 09:46:51 pm »
I'm glad he got a job, but not that he got that one. First of Chelsea fans didn't want anything to do with him before they hired him. I'm sure they'll adore him when they start winning but Rafa deserves better.

I wish him the best and congratulate him to getting "some" easy money but I hope he leaves them in the summer and I hope we beat them big time next time we play them.

I don't like Chelsea, but I can't really bother what they do, I've bigger problems with other teams.

For results I think Rafa will do a good job, but he'll need a new striker in January. Torres is a lost cause. If they hired him to fix Torres they clearly didn't do their homework. 

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #767 on: November 21, 2012, 09:47:07 pm »
Who would ever have thought this day would come as we lifted our 5th European Cup. He will become our only manager to win big ears and then set a team up to try to beat us.

So what's a European Cup worth again?
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #768 on: November 21, 2012, 09:47:24 pm »
If you're going to be picky, we didn't win it five times in Istanbul...
if we said "he won it 5 times" it would be a bit stupid. its a petty point, so i'll leave it at that
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline MazzaRed

• Kopite
« Reply #769 on: November 21, 2012, 09:47:34 pm »
Gives me a heavy heart to hear this................. :'(

Rafa.............. Rafael................. :scarf.Rafael Benitez..

Yeah, after pinching Torres's flag, they'll deffo take this!!
Roman....if ever you're skint.....
                                              ......we've got 6 Euro's !

Offline andy in warrington

• ...wanking in the work bogs
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #770 on: November 21, 2012, 09:48:25 pm »
I want Chelsea to lose every week. Rafa being there won't change that.
A fucking shithouse of a club.

Offline Dam

• Legacy Fan
  • Rush scored 1, Rush scored 2,...
« Reply #771 on: November 21, 2012, 09:49:17 pm »
Shit! Rafa deserves far better than this shower!

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #772 on: November 21, 2012, 09:50:00 pm »
first bit of class at the Bridge since Dagger's league winning goal in 86...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #773 on: November 21, 2012, 09:50:10 pm »
Disappointing
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

The Great 'Should have been Sir' Bob Paisley

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #774 on: November 21, 2012, 09:50:13 pm »

My feelings on this whole thing.
JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #775 on: November 21, 2012, 09:51:21 pm »
Ah shit, I can't win here, I love Rafa but don't want chelsea to win a fucking reserve match let alone do well in the league/comps. I know Rafa will get shit but I wanna see them plummet big time. Unfortunately Rafa's too good a manager for that, unless of course there's another players revolt - yeah, that'll do, player's won't play under him, not his fault and they tread water.
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #776 on: November 21, 2012, 09:51:42 pm »
His name is Rafa.

Who remembers that thread? Was fucking hilarious. Summed up this place's unhealthy relationship with Don Benitez.
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline Sahara

• Kopite
  • 8 Dimensional
« Reply #777 on: November 21, 2012, 09:51:56 pm »
I blame Torres.
★              ★              ★              ★              ★             ★ 

Offline AllyouneedisRush

• One leg, musical nostrils, itchy crotch. Is actually Louis Walsh.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #778 on: November 21, 2012, 09:52:10 pm »
Clearly Romans last ditch attempt at getting the best out of Torres. It could go either way but if Rafa can't get Torres firing no one can.

This.... I was thinking the same... Last throw of the dice for roman regarding Torres.

I love rafa, one of the few manager that truly connected with us... The rafatolla in Cardiff cemented this for me.... Sad that he is going to Chelsea, a club who don't want him, or understand him.

Rafa lad, I think you have been sold a wrong'un here...
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 10:06:10 pm by AllyouneedisRush »
Justice 97 - YNWA

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #779 on: November 21, 2012, 09:52:24 pm »
Shit! Rafa deserves far better than this shower!

I don't think anyone held a gun to his head.

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
« Reply #780 on: November 21, 2012, 09:53:34 pm »
it's disappointing, but it's a suitably mercenary deal for all concerned.  if rafa can maintain a title push (which should be easy with the players + money at his disposal) and do OK in the cups then when he leaves in may he'll be a current manager again, with his reputation rehabilitated somewhat, and there should be a lot of chairmen watching him. 

the only way he can rehabilitate his reputation is to take a job at a club that is competing, but no club that competes would give him a job because of his reputation.  rafa must be thankful for chelsea's ever-revolving door.

watching him getting booed by his 'own fans' from the first kick off will be an unedifying spectacle, however.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 09:55:15 pm by sideshowme »
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #781 on: November 21, 2012, 09:53:59 pm »
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline AllyouneedisRush

• One leg, musical nostrils, itchy crotch. Is actually Louis Walsh.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #782 on: November 21, 2012, 09:55:07 pm »
it's disappointing, but it's a suitably mercenary deal for all concerned.  if rafa can maintain a title push (which should be easy with the players + money at his disposal) and do OK in the cups then when he leaves in may he'll be a current manager again, with his reputation rehabilitated somewhat, and there should be a lot of chairmen watching him.

watching him getting booed by his 'own fans' from the first kick off will be an unedifying spectacle, however.

The press will want him to fail, he won't be given any time... The first defeat will be jumped on and wildly exaggerated..... In my view he can't win.
Justice 97 - YNWA

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #783 on: November 21, 2012, 09:55:17 pm »
First game at Anfield after 15th April is Chelsea, I'm sure Rafa will know what a classy bunch those Chelsea fans are by then, if not he'll know just before the kick-off.
JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline RedHandGang

• Kopite
« Reply #784 on: November 21, 2012, 09:55:23 pm »
bump
"One defends when his strength is inadaquate, he attacks when it is abundant."

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #785 on: November 21, 2012, 09:55:59 pm »
Some of the comments from the Chelsea "fans", especially the Chair of their Supporters Club :lmao

I don't know why but reading this thread made me think of this song. Lighten the mood  :wave

Enjoy humming it or sing along people  ;)

Used to hate that show as a kid

« Reply #786 on: November 21, 2012, 09:56:04 pm »
Will be interesting to see how the Chelsea players take to him especially Lampard and Terry

Offline rafa4eva

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #787 on: November 21, 2012, 09:56:12 pm »
Well well well ....

All I will say is that this chelsea squad is probably the best he has had a chance to manage, even with the players from moaners reign slowly coming to an end, its a team full of class players... The question will be what he can get out of that squad over the next 6 months.... And it does make me laugh when people write off Torres...question,  In the modern game how many strikers smash over 30 goals who aren't deemed top strikers? Torres was deemed a potential world class striker before he joined us... He smashed it with us, he hasn't been the same since the beginning of the 2009 / 10 season ... But once u hit the levels he has hit, u never lose that unless u go and have a serious injury or do a gazza..... I've been surprised he hasn't got back to his old ways and should be interesting to see happens next...

I would assume as always, roman will provide some funds In jan as well....

Makes me laugh at the angst of the Chelsea fans... Idiots... How many other managers have the same or even similar cv and trophies rafa has? Exactly numbnuts. Ill always rate rafa...no change there ... I'm fascinated and looking forward to watching Rafas brand of football in the pl again and what the fuck will he achieve with that squad?? Or will it end like inter...which it could in all seriousness. after everything ive seen over the years who knows hey....except he didn't  start the season so maybe he will be able to truely see out the rest of this season  ... And remember he was Fired from inter after winning the wcc ... Lol.... How many European managers have won that? How many have won it twice?

Good luck rafa, good to see u back and good luck to us and Brendan...

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #788 on: November 21, 2012, 09:56:17 pm »
3 people signed that. Red Cafe were much more supportive during the original e-petition. I also recall some US pundit (former ESPN CFC fan) still going on about the most vile accusations about LFC when the inquest was about to be published. I suspect you like me have grown up in West London. Don't know about you mate, but in my school and area, CFC was always the racist white boys team. No kid of colour would ever go near them. Of course things have changed recently, but their core support are c*nts. I'm probably a lot older than you so you may not have experienced the really dark days.

You'd be surprised in regards to how much I've experienced Chelsea fan's racism and headhunters so please don't assume. I grew up in Southall in the midst of an aftermath of Blair Peach's death and riots where my father beared scars under his turban so, with real courtesy and respect, please don't assume what I have or haven't experienced.

Did everyone from RAWK who signed the e-petition say so? Didn't think so. Note also to post as a beginner on The Shed it is pre-moderated. You submit a post and their moderator either allows it or disallows it. Plenty of other clubs disallowed it. Plenty of other clubs who'd you think would be better had 0. Others where you'd think their would be an all fat 0 had pages.

As I said some shit fans, some good. We chose which kind we want to be. We had people in Liverpool who were a little off with Barnes or have we forgotten?

Though quite what the fuck racism has to do with Rafa going to manage Chelsea has to do with anything is beyond me.
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #789 on: November 21, 2012, 09:56:18 pm »
Apparently there are RED fans on here creaming themselves over this and plan to watch a lot more of the c*nt's games this season. I mean seriously, LFC fans watch football games where LFC is not taking part? MOD£RN FOOTBALL. Its really shit isn't it?
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline fivein05

• Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #2
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #790 on: November 21, 2012, 09:57:24 pm »
To see them with such a prestigious trophy makes me puke, they don't deserve such a great man as manager.
Utter bellends. Now they will have two people in the dressing room who wished they were at Anfield.
One poster on this site is going to let me down this season! Don't let it be you!

Offline Oh Caption! My Caption!

• Was Alonso.
  • Legacy Fan
  • And it's GERAAAAAAARD!!!
« Reply #791 on: November 21, 2012, 09:58:21 pm »
Apparently there are RED fans on here creaming themselves over this and plan to watch a lot more of the c*nt's games this season. I mean seriously, LFC fans watch football games where LFC is not taking part? MOD£RN FOOTBALL. Its really shit isn't it?

I assume you havent watched a Champions league game in a few years then

Offline Jimmy Jazz

• Anny Roader
« Reply #792 on: November 21, 2012, 09:58:34 pm »
Unlike others, I'm not convinced he's going to do well there at all...

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #793 on: November 21, 2012, 09:59:40 pm »
First game at Anfield after 15th April is Chelsea, I'm sure Rafa will know what a classy bunch those Chelsea fans are by then, if not he'll know just before the kick-off.

It'll be a minor miracle if he's still Chelsea's manager by then.
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #794 on: November 21, 2012, 09:59:52 pm »
You'd be surprised in regards to how much I've experienced Chelsea fan's racism and headhunters so please don't assume. I grew up in Southall in the midst of an aftermath of Blair Peach's death and riots where my father beared scars under his turban so, with real courtesy and respect, please don't assume what I have or haven't experienced.

Did everyone from RAWK who signed the e-petition say so? Didn't think so. Note also to post as a beginner on The Shed it is pre-moderated. You submit a post and their moderator either allows it or disallows it. Plenty of other clubs disallowed it. Plenty of other clubs who'd you think would be better had 0. Others where you'd think their would be an all fat 0 had pages.

As I said some shit fans, some good. We chose which kind we want to be. We had people in Liverpool who were a little off with Barnes or have we forgotten?

Though quite what the fuck racism has to do with Rafa going to manage Chelsea has to do with anything is beyond me.

Sorry mate, I shouldn't have presumed. I guess I'm just a twat that hates Chelsea and everything they stand for. I wish I could be bigger about this but I can't.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #795 on: November 21, 2012, 10:00:26 pm »
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Prelude no.5

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • op.23. Thanks for everything Rafa
« Reply #796 on: November 21, 2012, 10:00:50 pm »
I want Rafa all the best in his career but I can't bring myself to wish anything good upon Chelsea. 

I don't think Rafa was too eager to go to Chelsea, after all he dismissed the same opportunity this same time last year, the only difference being that Rafa's time is running out and this was the opportunity to make himself current again. It's a stepping stone for both.
"We gave the fans the pride. Again. We fight for the fans, we fight for the club and we fight for our players. Maybe he cannot understand this." ~ Rafa Benitez

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #797 on: November 21, 2012, 10:01:52 pm »
Saw this from Royhendo on Twitter

Roy Henderson ‏@royhendo
Man, I wish I was a fly on the wall when the news got to Mourinho. "My Chelsea" with a be-goateed cuckoo in the nest. :-)

:lmao

That's the way I see it.

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #798 on: November 21, 2012, 10:05:04 pm »
Owen talking shite about Rafa earlier on Sky evidently.

Talking about his "experience" of working under Rafa. What was it, one month you gave it you little rat?
We're on our way to glory...

Offline Surprise me.

• Is 2" bigger than fordy87.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Formerly El Torres.
« Reply #799 on: November 21, 2012, 10:05:17 pm »
Good to see him back in football, a stepping stone if he makes the most of it.