Author Topic: Rafa Benitez, new Chelsea manager  (Read 85685 times)

Offline Kovai Red

• Oh my captain!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Educated Farrago
Re: Rafa Benitez, new Chelsea manager
« Reply #1320 on: November 22, 2012, 04:42:58 am »
Good luck Rafa
"Liverpool are the ones with the ball. I support them just for that"
"Ella pugazhum Iraivan Oruvanuke"

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1321 on: November 22, 2012, 04:42:59 am »
Also, I see some still keep blaming the squad for shitty games and results. Look, the style of play isn't THAT dependent on players, it's fecking manager's philosophy that is the most important thing. If they get outplayed by Swansea, Shakhtar and Juventus, who don't have the same caliber of players in their teams, it means something. We see Borussia Dortmund and Malaga playing good football, we saw Arsenal playing good football with crappy players.

And I think by now everybody understand that Roman wants the style as much as the results. And I don't blame him. If I invested a billion in a team, I don't want to see some nonsense.

Here's a prediction, Di Matteo will never make a top manager.

Offline kaz1983

• "Bloody Memory Wavers" Currently in debt with RAWK.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well dunno what to say, honest
« Reply #1322 on: November 22, 2012, 05:10:23 am »
I don't know what to say.

Offline pjshaun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1323 on: November 22, 2012, 05:10:40 am »
I don't normally post like this but.....  :puke2

:sad

Offline kaz1983

• "Bloody Memory Wavers" Currently in debt with RAWK.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well dunno what to say, honest
« Reply #1324 on: November 22, 2012, 05:13:24 am »
Best of luck to him, I hope he beats everyone apart from us in every game, so they get the title, we get the cups, and that when we play them we sing his name louder than they will ever be able to do.

But we've got our manager now, and I expect our manager to be here for a long time. If we're going to be as successful as I want us to become, we might have to start fighting Rafa off for cups and titles. Odd, perhaps, but we must not let sentiment outwit us from game one.

I can't blame him for taking that job, and if he wins them the title, good for him.

He's a wonderful man, and the best of luck to him every single day.

That would be boss, I hope it happens.

Offline Kovai Red

• Oh my captain!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Educated Farrago
« Reply #1325 on: November 22, 2012, 05:15:01 am »
It is just 6 months. What I am happy about is, those fickle fans wont give him any time. They will boo him at every opportunity and it ultimately will affect the team performances. Dont be surprised if they drop out of CL
"Liverpool are the ones with the ball. I support them just for that"
"Ella pugazhum Iraivan Oruvanuke"

Offline Suspect Package.

• Legacy Fan
  • Wingers? ....wait, we do have wingers now?
« Reply #1326 on: November 22, 2012, 05:34:09 am »
This thread is largely hysterical and embarrassing, congratulations to posters/ lurkers who managed to maintain their sanity reading this *

Reading this thread, I suddenly feel very out of step with the rest of RAWK.

I liked Rafa a lot (bit of an understatement).

I don't really care that he's managing Chelsea now, congratulations to him.

I don't feel the need to cry or have the hystrionics some of you are having.

That doesn't mean I want them to win anything now.  Or that I think Torres will suddenly start looking half competent.

Seriously doubt it mate. Rafa faces an uphill struggle here, the press are against him, the fans are against, no doubt half the dressing room won't like his leadership and then he's under pressure to get the team adjusted to his style of play and have big success in the space of seven months

This is what I think too.  Unfortunately we know the first time they lose, they'll be calling for his head. 

And if he made it to the end of the season and maybe even won something, he'd be replaced anyway.
I'm really hoping Sturridge busts out the wacky dip when he scores.

Offline redandwhitestripes

• Main Stander
« Reply #1327 on: November 22, 2012, 05:38:10 am »
If he doesn't win his first few games he's basically screwed. I don't think i've ever heard of a club hiring a manager a large majority fans are so vehemently against, but then again i've only been supporting since the season we finished second under rafa (so feel free to hop on me for my ignorance and lack of experience) but rafa, to me, was the man who made me fall in love with football. I'm gutted to see him at Chelsea. The thing i'm struggling with is the utter contempt and disrespect being shown to the man. I know it's chelsea but this is really a new low for them. they don't deserve rafa - but maybe having a manager they despise to their very cores is exactly what they deserve for being classless soulless plastic prickheads.

Offline redhokie8

• Kopite
« Reply #1328 on: November 22, 2012, 05:38:24 am »
Don't know if this mentioned, but I would be willing to bet that his appointment had a lot to do with chelsea believing benitez can get the best out of torres again. Which for them would be huge because A)they'd have the player they thought they were buying or B)his price will be inflated and they'll make back a larger portion of their investment

Offline SalifSaysShutIt

• Main Stander
« Reply #1329 on: November 22, 2012, 05:46:54 am »
I love Rafa, but I hope to fck we smash Chelsea next time we play them.

I wept over the Rafa portrait I have next to my bed when I heard the news. After going for a long walk I realized that Rafa is just doing what is best for him and forgave him in my heart.

However, I will shed no more tears for Rafa Benitez, he is now the enemy in spite of any deep passion I may feel for him.

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1330 on: November 22, 2012, 05:50:49 am »
I agree with people who think Rafa has almost everybody against him in England bar Liverpool fans.

His record has been pretty good all things considered, but his reputation is very bad with the press and fans. But he wants to work in England, so I think this is something he has to deal with. I say very short-sighted of Rafa not to consider other options.

Offline BSBW

• Will take anyone one on to maintain the integrity and traditions of the 70's and 80's Road End
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #1331 on: November 22, 2012, 06:02:50 am »
Good luck Rafa lad, in a non Chelsea success sort of way (contradiction in terms I know)!

You'll always be welcomed back home, you're one of us.
G'Day Lid - Official Scouse rep of the OCB Down Under.

Offline Raul!

• No nude LFC topics - Sir Raul la di Dah of Coverpoint - Imminently Female
  • Legacy Fan
  • My nipples explode with delight
« Reply #1332 on: November 22, 2012, 06:08:02 am »
One interesting side show will be the Rafa-Drogba relationship, if indeed Drogba joins Chelsea on loan.  Also, I wonder if we can ask Rafa to remind John Terry about his mother's fondness for a bit of scouse.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #1333 on: November 22, 2012, 06:08:45 am »
Lucas would be the perfect signing. I bet come January he will come knocking with Abramovich's cash.

I bet he doesn't.

Offline _Lfc_

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *YNWA*
« Reply #1334 on: November 22, 2012, 06:09:44 am »
He's only there to the messiah pep arrives in the summer... Rafa being Rafa probably thinks he can win a few things and change Romans mind...

Offline Georgia

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #1335 on: November 22, 2012, 06:19:19 am »
Could be that Rafa simply had to accept the offer. He has been out of managing for quite a while. He probably thinks he have things to prove and this is his chance. It is going to be tough with so much hostility towards him. It is also going to be interesting. I wish him luck.

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #1336 on: November 22, 2012, 06:29:11 am »
Good luck Rafa. Not against us though.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Bucke

• Custom title
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1337 on: November 22, 2012, 06:41:29 am »
1 they have hired him because they couldn't get Pep, their first choice

2 he was their 2nd choice because he has won major trophies in recent times

3 he has accepted because they offered a truck load of money, short term or not

I dont understand why everyone on here is so emotional about it. It's just a job
@johnbuckels

Offline NealFrom25Yards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1338 on: November 22, 2012, 06:44:10 am »
I wept over the Rafa portrait I have next to my bed when I heard the news. After going for a long walk I realized that Rafa is just doing what is best for him and forgave him in my heart.

I haven't read anywhere near the entire thread, but you're about the fifth person I've seen who's admitted to crying over this.

Why?

It's baffling.

...and even moreso, why admit it? If you must do it, at least have the courteousy to feel appropriately ashamed of yourselves.

Offline MidwestWool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wool
« Reply #1339 on: November 22, 2012, 06:47:26 am »
Just sharpening his skills for when Madrid come calling in the summer.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1340 on: November 22, 2012, 06:51:18 am »
I didn't realise Rafa meant so much to so many people. I'm a bit taken aback to be honest.

Offline fosspowered

• Legacy Fan
  • More of an IDK than ITK.
    • FOSSPowered
« Reply #1341 on: November 22, 2012, 06:51:36 am »
Why so much negativity? It's a win-win for us.

If Rafa fails, Chelsea fails as well and potentially a top 4 place opening for us. At least we can see Chelsea wrecked. Would feel genuinely sorry for Rafa in that case but he knows this risk of joining a club like Chelsea.

If Rafa succeeds, it will be proven to non-LFC fans that how we are right and how good manager he was for Liverpool and how unfair was his sacking and as a lesson for supporters of not losing faith with the manager who had done such an excellent job with the club. Plus Roman wanks for Guardiola anyway and I barely see them keeping Rafa beyond the season, and with this success Rafa could get a job he deserves, Real or Bayern or something; and if it's at expense of United that would be even sweeter and their success wouldn't really affect us anyway.

Offline Brultus

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1342 on: November 22, 2012, 07:00:10 am »
Finally the praising and screaming after Rafa can come to an end.

Ok. He was great for us and we have never been able to let him go.

Now we can close that long chapter and carry on. Brendan Rodgers are know rid of his worst opponent among our fans.

Don't listen to me. My opinions tend to be wrong. I once said Lucas wasn't good enough for Liverpool.

Offline MagicHat

• Seeks SingleBunny For Professional Relationship And Cosy Nights In
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1343 on: November 22, 2012, 07:11:24 am »
Might be a good move for Benetiz. If he can restore some defensive stability to the team and get results then leaves in the summer, he has put himself back on the market with his reputation enhanced.

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1344 on: November 22, 2012, 07:13:32 am »
I didn't realise Rafa meant so much to so many people. I'm a bit taken aback to be honest.

Honestly, comments like that surprise me more. While I'm not going to use terms like heart-broken, or devastated, or sit in a dark room on the back of this appointment, or any nonsense like that, I also don't find it difficult to see why he brings out these passionate emotions in some people.

This bloke truly gets us, from the moment he walked through the door, he totally embraced this club and this city, and in turn they embraced him, and his family. They understand exactly what Liverpool football club is all about, what makes it unique and special, and you only have to look at the work he did not just at the club, but for the city, for the Hillsborough families, the tears he shed at the memorial, to see exactly why people love him as much as he clearly loves the city.

As I say, I'm not as upset as some clearly are, but I'm not going to deny that the man holds a special place in my heart, not just because of the great times and the fond memories he gave us, but also just because he's fucking Rafa. And unlike those plastic no-mark fickle knobheads who he's now got to put up, we get him, and he fucking gets us.

Onwards and upwards under Rodgers and all that, but it's definitely going to be weird seeing him back at Anfield next year, in the week of the Hillsborough anniversary, managing against us.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline Brultus

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1345 on: November 22, 2012, 07:14:02 am »
Do one, with that disrespectful shit of yours.

I mean no disrespect for Rafa. Im just sick of all the "Why didnt we talk to Rafa" , "Wow, Rodgers when we cold have had Rafa", "Rafa did this an that"

Hopefully we can move on, and stop living in the past. Rafa is a star, but he is gone, and know that he is not available, maybe we can look forward with our great manager Brendan Rodgers.
Don't listen to me. My opinions tend to be wrong. I once said Lucas wasn't good enough for Liverpool.

Offline redandwhitestripes

• Main Stander
« Reply #1346 on: November 22, 2012, 07:19:09 am »
this thread is screaming to be locked, eh?

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1347 on: November 22, 2012, 07:27:05 am »
this thread is screaming to be locked, eh?

Noooooo, then it'll spill over into the main board and all the Rodgers threads.

Offline shanks hankie

• Main Stander
« Reply #1348 on: November 22, 2012, 07:29:07 am »
Wish the man well out of respect for everything he's done for Liverpool Football Club, but tossing and turning all night, weeping over his portrait? Jesus wept.
If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing.” Shanks

Offline Jazzmaster

• Farty, talkative doorstop.
  • Main Stander
« Reply #1349 on: November 22, 2012, 07:29:25 am »
Fuck off Chelsea FC. And if Rafa is now part of that, he can fuck off too. Hate that club.

Offline Jazzmaster

• Farty, talkative doorstop.
  • Main Stander
« Reply #1350 on: November 22, 2012, 07:30:06 am »
Wish the man well out of respect for everything he's done for Liverpool Football Club, but tossing and turning all night, weeping over his portrait? Jesus wept.

I know. It must be a wind up.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1351 on: November 22, 2012, 07:34:15 am »
Hope he leaves at the end of the season. Well, he almost certainly will anyway.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

royhendo

« Reply #1352 on: November 22, 2012, 07:37:16 am »
Whatever the cockerney rhyming slang is for good luck.

Also - ta for the comedy gold.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #1353 on: November 22, 2012, 01:04:04 pm »
How long do we have to wait until it's The 5th Brenitle?
Not long...