Author Topic: Arsenal  (Read 5784138 times)

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgĺrden Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: General Arsenal Thread - Wenger Gone - Unai Emery appointed
« Reply #53480 on: September 2, 2019, 01:52:25 pm »
I am going to live off that Arsenal crank that just rang up 606 and said the following for the rest of my life

'Arsenal are going to win the league'

'That man for man he would have Arsenals players over Liverpool and Man city'

He'd have Luis over VVD, Pepe over Salah and Aguero

That once it clicks 'just you wait' and he'll be the one laughing

He criticized Salah for "holding the ball up, taking 20 shots a game and scoring 2"

Yeah horrible that having a player score 2 goals a game. Those 76 goals are a real hinderence at the end of the season

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53481 on: September 2, 2019, 01:56:07 pm »
I am going to live off that Arsenal crank that just rang up 606 and said the following for the rest of my life

'Arsenal are going to win the league'

'That man for man he would have Arsenals players over Liverpool and Man city'

He'd have Luis over VVD, Pepe over Salah and Aguero

That once it clicks 'just you wait' and he'll be the one laughing

Saying our players had no passion either compared to theirs...............

Complete wind up

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #53482 on: September 2, 2019, 02:37:37 pm »
There's a couple of decent ones on here. But I can't stand Arsenal fans. The most deluded fan base after Everton.

Are you talking about Arsenal fans who go the game or some meffs on the internet or radio phone-ins where the the loudest bell ends will often get heard the most?

I know a fair few match going Arsenal fans and they are all sound. They are definitely not deluded about where their current team stands. There is a wave of optimism around Arsenal though. Think getting a few new signings in and removing a bit of the deadwood has given them a boost. Particularly when many were expecting a quiet summer transfer wise.

For me, that optimism is understandable. Arsenal should be aiming for 3rd this season. To be fair they could easily come 6th with their defence though.

What's the general consensus around Arsenal fans that makes them deluded?

For the record, I think the most 'deluded' sets of fans are those that whose perception of their club is not matched by the wider footballing World. Tends to be clubs from cities with one team (e.g. Newcastle) who have a big local fanbase and think that equates with being a big club or teams who think they are big because they won some trophies about 40 years ago but have done very little since  (Forest, The Ev, Villa).
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53483 on: September 2, 2019, 02:39:04 pm »
Guendouzi is quality, love watching him. Bought themselves a real gem, fee reportedly rising to only €7m. Just needs to work on his technique, try and improve his ability to switch play and pass the ball long, and then they’ll be no need for Xhaka.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #53484 on: September 2, 2019, 03:07:23 pm »
Yeah, Guendouzi looked really good of what I saw of the game (only some of the 2nd half admittedly  ;D).

I guess he's Sven Mislintat's lasting gift to them from his very short time there, if they can keep hold of him! He's a star in the making.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53485 on: September 2, 2019, 03:22:16 pm »
On a side note, i remember saying near the start of the window that getting players out the door will almost be as important as the players we bring in to try & get a better balance to the squad, to try & get most of the overpaid players off the books, to allow the young guys more minutes & to help stabilize the wage bill. I think we've done not too bad with getting people out the door.

Seniors
Cech
Opina
Jenkinson
Koscielny
Monreal
Lichtsteiner
Ramsey
Iwobi
Welbeck

Younger guys
Bielek
Asano
Amachei
Bramall
Thompson

Loans
Mkhitaryan
Elneny
Saliba
Nketiah

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #53486 on: September 3, 2019, 10:17:19 am »
Before the season started I said Spurs would finish 3rd quite easily and Arsenal will take the 4th spot.  If I had to change that take is the final position of these two i.e. Arsenal 3rd and Spurs 4th (if they continue looking like they do lately but I expect them to get much better as the season progresses). Both teams will face no challenge from United or Chelsea. Leicester could brake in the top 6 but not top 4 imo.

Game was highly entertaining last Sunday.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53487 on: September 4, 2019, 02:47:21 pm »
Reckon Arsenal are a lock for top 4, they have too many goals in them to fail especially considering the state of Chelsea and United.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53488 on: September 4, 2019, 02:54:49 pm »
On a side note, i remember saying near the start of the window that getting players out the door will almost be as important as the players we bring in to try & get a better balance to the squad, to try & get most of the overpaid players off the books, to allow the young guys more minutes & to help stabilize the wage bill. I think we've done not too bad with getting people out the door.

Seniors
Cech
Opina
Jenkinson
Koscielny
Monreal
Lichtsteiner
Ramsey
Iwobi
Welbeck

Younger guys
Bielek
Asano
Amachei
Bramall
Thompson

Loans
Mkhitaryan
Elneny
Saliba
Nketiah

A couple of those forcibly removed themselves from the wage bill rather than being intentional, but yeah that is a pretty big cull. It's funny how you guys went from being a team packed with #10's to now barely having any. It's just Ozil left pretty much right?

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53489 on: September 4, 2019, 03:07:04 pm »
A couple of those forcibly removed themselves from the wage bill rather than being intentional, but yeah that is a pretty big cull. It's funny how you guys went from being a team packed with #10's to now barely having any. It's just Ozil left pretty much right?

I think the idea might be to do away with a traditional number 10, perhaps in a formation similar to yourselves, or use someone like Ceballos to push forward from midfield. It's a bit of a gamble as squad depth will come from the likes of Reiss Nelson, Martinelli, Joe Willock, Emile Smith-Rowe etc, but these guys needed space to get their chance to see if they can make it. iIt should also make the annual wage bill a bit more streamlined.

They definitely wanted rid of Mustafi as well, & i'd imagine they wouldn't have stood in Ozil's way if he wanted to leave.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53490 on: September 4, 2019, 04:59:20 pm »
So 45 minutes of good football at home is all it takes to lock up a top 4 spot?  Going by some posters here you'd think that's the case.  Still lumping them in with ManU and Chelsea.  Biggest change is you could possibly add Spurs to that group along with Leicester were before the season started I figured there'd be a gap from LFC/ManC to Spurs and then another gap to the rest.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53491 on: September 4, 2019, 05:08:40 pm »
I think the idea might be to do away with a traditional number 10, perhaps in a formation similar to yourselves, or use someone like Ceballos to push forward from midfield. It's a bit of a gamble as squad depth will come from the likes of Reiss Nelson, Martinelli, Joe Willock, Emile Smith-Rowe etc, but these guys needed space to get their chance to see if they can make it. iIt should also make the annual wage bill a bit more streamlined.

They definitely wanted rid of Mustafi as well, & i'd imagine they wouldn't have stood in Ozil's way if he wanted to leave.

Yeah seems that way. I like Ceballos, though pushing him forward seems a bit odd when you could have a pretty decent deeper midfield two of Guendouzi and Ceballos to protect your rickety defence.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53492 on: September 4, 2019, 06:27:35 pm »
Yeah seems that way. I like Ceballos, though pushing him forward seems a bit odd when you could have a pretty decent deeper midfield two of Guendouzi and Ceballos to protect your rickety defence.

I'd prefer Torreira in there to make a 3, with Guendouzi & Ceballos being box to box but Ceballos most likely the main creator.

Would also mean I wouldn't have to see Xhaka diving about like a twat trying to get the ball back.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53493 on: September 7, 2019, 11:42:41 am »

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53494 on: September 7, 2019, 01:29:59 pm »
Innit “Troopz loses it!” The theme of every episode? Fam?

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53495 on: September 7, 2019, 02:13:33 pm »
It’s the bit at the bottom

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53496 on: September 12, 2019, 10:31:05 pm »
Ceballos has some good words for us:

Dani Ceballos discussed his adjustment to the Premier League, including how he felt playing in Arsenal's 3-1 loss against Liverpool.

I’ve never seen anything like what I saw at Anfield; I haven’t seen a team that plays better, that presses like them, the way the fans carry them along. They take the air from you. You spend so much time defending and when you want to do something with the ball, when you want to breathe, they’re back on top of you. They’re very well-drilled," Ceballos told Sid Lowe of The Guardian.

Clearly he's not watching Utd enough though ;)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53497 on: September 12, 2019, 10:58:00 pm »
It’s the bit at the bottom

That's good,their best forward will be getting injured in training  ;D
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #53498 on: September 13, 2019, 03:45:33 pm »
Lacazette out until October with an ankle injury.

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #53499 on: September 13, 2019, 03:55:11 pm »
Lacazette out until October with an ankle injury.
Could this be a blessing in disguise since Aubameyang won't be pushed out to the wing?
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53500 on: September 15, 2019, 08:49:08 am »
Arsenal fans seem obsessed with comparing Lacazette with Firmino.  Not that Twitter is a great font of football knowledge, but reading some links about Bobby's goal yesterday, every thread was poluted by Arsenal fans obsessing about Lacazette.

I havent seen enough of Lacazette, but what I have seen, I just can't see them as really comparable players. What am I missing? I know he's a good player, but I just don't get this latest obession of theirs to compare him very specifically to Bobby, and even claim him a superior player.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53501 on: September 15, 2019, 08:52:07 am »
Arsenal fans seem obsessed with comparing Lacazette with Firmino.  Not that Twitter is a great font of football knowledge, but reading some links about Bobby's goal yesterday, every thread was poluted by Arsenal fans obsessing about Lacazette.

I havent seen enough of Lacazette, but what I have seen, I just can't see them as really comparable players. What am I missing? I know he's a good player, but I just don't get this latest obession of theirs to compare him very specifically to Bobby, and even claim him a superior player.

Never seen the comparison myself but they're very different players. I like Lacazette, he's class. Him and Firmino are both great players in their own right

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #53502 on: September 15, 2019, 06:25:22 pm »
Arsenal fan tv is going to be comedy gold.

2-0 up an 3rd place in the League.

To 2-2 and 7th in the table.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53503 on: September 15, 2019, 06:27:30 pm »
Robbie already booked his appointment at the Bentley dealership for Monday

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53504 on: September 15, 2019, 06:28:17 pm »
Karma continues to fuck them over for the disgraceful way they treated Arsene Wenger.
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #53505 on: September 15, 2019, 06:30:49 pm »

I saw some of those, because Lacazette presses hard upfront and is seen as a clever facilitator. Lacazette is probably the superior goal-getter but Bobby is something else as a playmaker and player in his position.

Offline Reds Flag

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53506 on: September 15, 2019, 06:31:20 pm »

Speaking of karma... ;D

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53507 on: September 15, 2019, 06:31:50 pm »
Never seen the comparison myself but they're very different players. I like Lacazette, he's class. Him and Firmino are both great players in their own right

Come on.

Lacazette is a very good player, Firmino is a great player.

There’s absolutely no comparison to be had between the two of them.

Online sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53508 on: September 15, 2019, 06:33:13 pm »
Their next away game is at Old Trafford. At least two penalties for Man United then.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53509 on: September 15, 2019, 06:36:19 pm »
I saw some of those, because Lacazette presses hard upfront and is seen as a clever facilitator. Lacazette is probably the superior goal-getter but Bobby is something else as a playmaker and player in his position.

yeah I guess it may be the pressing thing that does it for them! Bobby is so unique though, there is no way Lacazette can come anywhere close, however good he is, and yep, he's a good player.  But ther is no one like Bobby.

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #53510 on: September 15, 2019, 06:41:31 pm »

Speaking of karma... ;D
He’s such a gobby little sh*t. Nowhere near as good as he thinks he is, either.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #53511 on: September 15, 2019, 06:45:16 pm »
Apparently it's the most shots they've faced in a single game since they've been keeping record of these things during the Premier League era. And they've had 6-1, 6-0, 8-2 defeats. It was that bad in the second half.  :o

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53512 on: September 15, 2019, 06:47:56 pm »
Pepe so far plays like a player a club was absolute desperate to flog off for a massively inflated fee.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #53513 on: September 15, 2019, 07:24:14 pm »
Where are the AFTV vids... just hook the blud straight to my veins, fam.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #53514 on: September 15, 2019, 07:39:04 pm »
Pepe so far plays like a player a club was absolute desperate to flog off for a massively inflated fee.

Or a player who's used to a lot of space that you just don't get in English football!

It catches a lot of players out.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53515 on: September 15, 2019, 07:41:10 pm »
Their passing out from the back is hilariously misguided. You have three Watford players inside the box pressing, so what does the keeper do off a goal kick?

Asks his two CBs to drop next to him, try to play out of 3v3 situation where losing the ball surely would have meant conceding dangerous goal scoring opportunity and keeping the ball would have meant that they still are 80 meters away from opposition goal.

Unless they fix this, I can see teams exploiting this a lot.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53516 on: September 15, 2019, 08:00:47 pm »
Not watching the videos until the Claude one, but they're turning on Emery on AFTV
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #53517 on: September 15, 2019, 08:04:10 pm »
Unless they fix this, I can see teams exploiting this a lot.

Is it a case of not having the players to suit playing like this or a case of the players getting used to the system? If it in the former, then why persist with it? They will continue to concede goals like that if the players can't adapt.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53518 on: September 15, 2019, 08:10:05 pm »
Sokratis and Luiz, a pair of clowns.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53519 on: September 15, 2019, 08:13:50 pm »
Still can't believe all the people in here fawning over their business a few weeks ago, claiming that they had the best transfer window and all that. I said it was absolute nonsense at the time and I stand by it. What they have actually done is made their strongest position stronger (And thats assuming Pepe is any good, I'm not convinced yet) and their weakest position weaker (Koscielny > Luiz). How anyone can call that a successful window after the money the spent is beyond me.

I do reckon Tierney will be a good player. Probably towards the end of the season or next season. I think it will be another frustrating year for Arsenal fans.