Author Topic: Serie A  (Read 112253 times)

Offline Fromola

• Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker!
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Serie A
« Reply #1960 on: July 7, 2020, 10:09:40 PM »
Arsenal did dominate the 1930s to be fair to them.I agree.  Roma are Tottenham though.

Yeah. Roma are probably the biggest bottlers/nearly men out of every big club in Europe.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Believer
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #1961 on: July 7, 2020, 10:15:01 PM »
Juve :lmao
AHA!

Offline Hendollama

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1962 on: July 7, 2020, 10:15:35 PM »
 ;D

Offline kloppagetime

• Kopite
« Reply #1963 on: July 7, 2020, 10:16:04 PM »
What a comeback from Milan quick cancel the Ragnick deal, Pioli deserves to stay after this game and what they did to Lazio on the weekend.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #1964 on: July 7, 2020, 10:17:30 PM »
Wtf is going on?

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Believer
« Reply #1965 on: July 7, 2020, 10:17:45 PM »
AC Milan usually concede 3 in 6 minutes.

Offline aw1991

• Believer
« Reply #1966 on: July 7, 2020, 10:22:21 PM »
Milan are making a strong case of being the Liverpool of Italy right now

Offline deFacto

• farKnow
  • Believer
  • Powered by Ribena
« Reply #1967 on: July 7, 2020, 10:22:41 PM »
Ibrahimovic still finding ways to be useful even at his age

Offline kloppagetime

• Kopite
« Reply #1968 on: July 7, 2020, 10:23:51 PM »
Too bad Lazio and Inter have been shite since the restart so it won't really mean anything in terms of the title race, Lazio had a shocking defeat today against a Lecce team who were bottom of the league and had lost six league games in a row.

Offline Iska

• Believer
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #1969 on: July 7, 2020, 10:24:35 PM »
Lazio picked a terrible time to collapse.

Offline Hendollama

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1970 on: July 7, 2020, 10:28:51 PM »
 :lmao
Idiotic by Sandro.

Offline Caligula?

• Mr Negativity here, I’m worried about... Everything. In no danger of saying anything positive about anyone or anything any time soon.....
  • Believer
  • I live!
« Reply #1971 on: July 7, 2020, 10:29:11 PM »
Milan are making a strong case of being the Liverpool of Italy right now

???

Milan aren't even going to get a Champions League spot and we've just won the league

Offline aw1991

• Believer
« Reply #1972 on: July 7, 2020, 10:32:13 PM »
???

Milan aren't even going to get a Champions League spot and we've just won the league
I meant right now, by making a comeback victory

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #1973 on: July 7, 2020, 10:39:07 PM »
Serie-A has been interesting this season. This game is better than anything the PL has served up since restart barring the Chelsea vs Man City game. Many sides are tactically advanced and Milan are beating Juve's press with ease.

Offline kloppagetime

• Kopite
« Reply #1974 on: July 7, 2020, 10:41:53 PM »
Lazio picked a terrible time to collapse.
Juve next league game is against Atalanta and then they would face Sassuolo and Lazio, if Lazio didn't fuck up against basement boys Lecce the title race would have really been on.

Sassuolo are a fun side, like a poor man's Atalanta they score goals for fun and have a really good manager in De Zerbi that would been a really tricky fixture for Juve sandwiched between games against Atlanta the best team in Italy right now and Lazio.
« Last Edit: July 7, 2020, 10:46:09 PM by kloppagetime »

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Believer
  • Picaro
« Reply #1975 on: July 8, 2020, 10:14:42 AM »
Imagine biting someone with VAR around.

Thought it showed the sad state of modern footballer instincts that the player felt the need to go down after being bit, as if Patric had snake venom in his fangs ;D

Offline aw1991

• Believer
« Reply #1976 on: July 8, 2020, 03:27:07 PM »
Frank Ribery's house got robbed and he made some comments about not feeling safe in Florence and maybe leaving. This is how some of Fiorentina Ultras responded:
“Dear Franck, we understand your shock, but wash your mouth out before talking about Florence like that. It’s not Medellin, you know…

“Rich people get robbed everywhere, but they are fortunate enough to be able to afford home alarm systems and private security. Us poor folks, instead, get robbed too, but we have to be like San Lorenzo and accept it in silence.”
https://www.football-italia.net/155540/fiorentina-ultras-hit-back-ribery

Not sure it's going to convince him to stay

Offline deFacto

• farKnow
  • Believer
  • Powered by Ribena
« Reply #1977 on: July 8, 2020, 03:28:32 PM »
Italian fans are absolutely shambolic

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Believer
« Reply #1978 on: July 8, 2020, 11:42:17 PM »
Juventus are the Man Utd of Italy, it’s not even a debate.

Offline aw1991

• Believer
« Reply #1979 on: Yesterday at 04:59:27 PM »
An interesting read on Milan from the NY Times:
https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2020/07/09/business/ap-soc-milans-ambitions.html
“We have been talking to Liverpool,” Milan chief revenue officer Casper Stylsvig told The Associated Press, “because they’ve been through the same path as we are going through now.”

Offline Fromola

• Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker!
  • Believer
« Reply #1980 on: Yesterday at 05:18:55 PM »
An interesting read on Milan from the NY Times:
https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2020/07/09/business/ap-soc-milans-ambitions.html

Problem with Milan is they don't own their own ground and it's an outdated stadium by today's standards.

Juve's resurgence coincided with moving into their own modern stadium. They've won the league every year since.

Both Milan clubs have only had success in the modern era (post-80s) when they've had billionaires pumping the money in the way Chelsea and City did. They've always lost money hand over fist and only succeeded when there's someone to write the blanket cheques. Neither are set up for the FFP era (which ironically Milan were all for once Berlusconi pulled his money out).
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 05:20:47 PM by Fromola »

Offline aw1991

• Believer
« Reply #1981 on: Yesterday at 05:38:56 PM »
Problem with Milan is they don't own their own ground and it's an outdated stadium by today's standards.

Juve's resurgence coincided with moving into their own modern stadium. They've won the league every year since.

Both Milan clubs have only had success in the modern era (post-80s) when they've had billionaires pumping the money in the way Chelsea and City did. They've always lost money hand over fist and only succeeded when there's someone to write the blanket cheques. Neither are set up for the FFP era (which ironically Milan were all for once Berlusconi pulled his money out).
I don't know if Milan can "dominate" in the same way Juventus currently do. I don't know if Milan fans would agree with me, but if they could become a consistent CL club again, it would be a massive success.

Since Allegri left in 2014 they failed to finish above 5th. 9 managers were replaced, none of them being remotely successful (Pioli who's currently in charge is considered to be one of their better coaches since if not the best).

Their transfer business is Everton level. They spent big money on players like Bonucci, Piatek, Kalinic, Andre Silva, all flopped. Only Silva is still on their books and he's a good player but I'm not sure there is any future for him at the club. Recent transfers like Paqueta and Leao haven't really reached the highs that were expected, but the jury is still out on them.

Look at how Lazio or Atalanta are achieving success, and Milan probably got greater potential because of their pool. They could still attract good players, especially if they put a good coach in charge.

So there is nothing wrong about learning from a club that is properly run, and we are the best :D

Offline Fromola

• Believer
« Reply #1982 on: Yesterday at 06:44:24 PM »
I don't know if Milan can "dominate" in the same way Juventus currently do. I don't know if Milan fans would agree with me, but if they could become a consistent CL club again, it would be a massive success.

Since Allegri left in 2014 they failed to finish above 5th. 9 managers were replaced, none of them being remotely successful (Pioli who's currently in charge is considered to be one of their better coaches since if not the best).

Their transfer business is Everton level. They spent big money on players like Bonucci, Piatek, Kalinic, Andre Silva, all flopped. Only Silva is still on their books and he's a good player but I'm not sure there is any future for him at the club. Recent transfers like Paqueta and Leao haven't really reached the highs that were expected, but the jury is still out on them.

Look at how Lazio or Atalanta are achieving success, and Milan probably got greater potential because of their pool. They could still attract good players, especially if they put a good coach in charge.

So there is nothing wrong about learning from a club that is properly run, and we are the best :D

First things first they need to sort their transfer dealings out.

They remind me of us in the 90s really while United were dominating and we were left behind on and off the pitch (Juve instead). Milan's last 9 years is terrible since winning the league in 2011. Probably comparable to our 1991 to 2000 over a 9 year period. We at least won a couple of domestic cups (Milan twice won their Charity Shield equivalent).

So what they need on the pitch is their Houllier equivalent to turn the tide, maybe Ragnick can do that. Change the mentality, maybe win a Europa League, get back in the CL and take it from there, but off the pitch they're miles behind the top table now.

Offline aw1991

• Believer
« Reply #1983 on: Yesterday at 06:56:20 PM »
So what they need on the pitch is their Houllier equivalent to turn the tide, maybe Ragnick can do that. Change the mentality, maybe win a Europa League, get back in the CL and take it from there, but off the pitch they're miles behind the top table now.
100%, which is why I said that if they could become a consistent CL club again it would be massive for them.