Author Topic: Gillette Radio Interview - transcript and all the reaction  (Read 43761 times)

Offline Rotation

• fuck u. Rory's biggest fan.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pepe Reina is a Scouser...
Re: Reds co-owners begin to build bridges
« Reply #320 on: June 20, 2008, 05:04:36 pm »
I predict 80 pages of ranting, Hicks abuse, pointless conjecture and every possible scenario obsessed over until we have to start the process again.
Your a fast learner.
ynwa

Offline BrettD

• Legacy Fan
    • Want an accessible website? Click here!
« Reply #321 on: June 20, 2008, 05:06:07 pm »

"I believe that the Hicks family are communicating better with us and we're communicating better with them and I think that will be much better for the club."

However, Gillett refused to give a direct answer when asked if he was still interested in selling his share, saying: "I'm not going to comment on anything specifically."

Gillett, though, expects improvements next season and has hinted that Benitez will be supported in the transfer market, where Aston Villa captain Gareth Barry is a top target.

Transfer window

"All of us are focused on the transfer window and we want to be ready for that," added Gillett.

"We want to have adequate resources and good communication with Rafa and our hope is that we're making better progress.

"For a club that has a history of winning trophies, any season that you don't win one of the five or six trophies that we compete for, I suspect the fans, as well as the Hicks and Gilletts, are disappointed.

"We have to help Rafa try and be more competitive in the chase for the Premier League."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_3714899,00.html

So why are we looking at buying players like Milner then? Put your money where your mouth is.

Offline campioni1984

• Fancies Paul Ince
  • Legacy Fan
  • 15 April 1989 YNWA
« Reply #322 on: June 20, 2008, 05:08:53 pm »
I dont believe one word,that these pair say anymore,Friends or not,I dont care,sell up and fuck off.
THE REDS ARE COMING UP THE HILL BOYS

Offline PaislyShankley

• Stranger in a strange land; vaguely Amish.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Homophobic, apparently. Probably racist as well.
« Reply #323 on: June 20, 2008, 05:09:45 pm »
I hope they fall off the end off this bridge when they've finished building it.
M'eh

Offline markay_stinkay

• Legacy Fan
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Bet £50, get £50 free
« Reply #324 on: June 20, 2008, 05:12:20 pm »

Offline Walking Through A Storm

• Kopite
  • Forward the Rafalution!
Re: Gillette Radio Interview - transcript and all the reaction
« Reply #325 on: June 20, 2008, 05:12:45 pm »
Sounds as if we've got quite a bit more of their shit to put up with. c*nts.

Offline kingjari

• But you can call me Off the Pitch. Or donut.
  • Legacy Fan
  • It is our RIGHT, our DUTY to throw off such owners
« Reply #326 on: June 20, 2008, 05:13:27 pm »
What a pair of lying twunts. I knew his interview would be bullshit, what has the scheming little gnome got up his sleave now I wonder ?
SIR Bill Shankly:
"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Spirit Of Shankly- JFT96

Con el Socio, todo ; sin el socio, nada

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/join.html-  join online

Offline afour

• double sofas today only at DFS.....
  • Main Stander
« Reply #327 on: June 20, 2008, 05:14:48 pm »
come on now don't pretend these jokers are capable enough to finish building something

Offline Victor

• Legacy Fan
  • Daa Dah Daaaaaaaaaa
« Reply #328 on: June 20, 2008, 05:16:04 pm »
l

However, Gillett refused to give a direct answer when asked if he was still interested in selling his share, saying: "I'm not going to comment on anything specifically."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_3714899,00.html

The more stable the situation the more likely someone else is to buy Gilletts share ... would you buy a house from someone who described their next door neighbour as a total w@*ker whom no-one could get on with ?
"There are two great teams in Liverpool.... Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves"

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: June 20, 2008, 05:17:05 pm »
Yes I'm sure they've made up and are building bridges....::)

"Foster! Get your people to call that inbred sonofabitch's son, Tom Jr's people and tell them/him/his stubborn fat hogswilling Texan father, that we may need to sign a poor man's Snoogy Doogy this summer so as to avoid even more death-threats. Tell them/him/his father we can just use more of the loan money. Oh and tell them/him/his father not to argue, as we need to keep this media PR lie up that we're settling our differences - at least until we can sell up next season"
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: June 20, 2008, 05:18:03 pm »
l
The more stable the situation the more likely someone else is to buy Gilletts share ... would you buy a house from someone who described their next door neighbour as a total w@*ker whom no-one could get on with ?
Not allowed to. Vendor must legally disclose any formal neighbour 'issues'.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #331 on: June 20, 2008, 05:18:12 pm »
We weren't 350m in debt then though, with the servicing costs associated with that.

As it happens I agree that one or missed two CL campaigns won't be the death knell. But they'll make things for hairier than we need them to be. There are no positives about being in the situation we are in even if the negatives aren't as bad as they could be.

I just can't understand why you won't see that.

With all due respect..;)

The debt is not the issue. All G&H need is enough turnover to pay off the interest. Period.

I believe any accountant can tell you that getting enough revenue/profit to pay off the entire loan was never the goal. Maybe one has. :P

So far, have you seen RBS and Wachovia claim anything regarding non payment of interest? ttnbd's analysis of the latest books showed interest was being paid.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline RedSandgrounder

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #332 on: June 20, 2008, 05:18:51 pm »
"adequate recourses" :(

Milner - adequate, we are too big a club to have to put up with adequacy!
PSN: DHitchers

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: June 20, 2008, 05:19:01 pm »
There are other threads about this in off the pitch

Offline Piechniks Picnic

• Anny Roader
« Reply #334 on: June 20, 2008, 05:22:03 pm »
Could Gillett and Hicks' 'coming together' be a result of the Hicks clan offering an attractive package for Gillett's share?
"He's better than Platini, certainly better than Rumminegge and Maradona. For me he is the greatest footballer in the world."

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: June 20, 2008, 05:28:58 pm »
I have secured some dynamite underneath the bridge and when they're half way accross...BOOM!
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline torres1973

• Main Stander
« Reply #336 on: June 20, 2008, 05:32:45 pm »
This is not good at all that means they will be around for alot longer to fuck things up more not good news at all well we can expect shit transfers for the next 10 years or more,god help us.
Parry is a fucking c*nt

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #337 on: June 20, 2008, 05:41:21 pm »

They bit off more than they can chew. They didn't realise what it would take to achieve a sustained level of success that we aspire to, what it would involve. Its'a different culture, sporting and emotionally and economically. And they just can't do it well.

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: June 20, 2008, 05:43:10 pm »
With all due respect..;)

The debt is not the issue. All G&H need is enough turnover to pay off the interest. Period.

I believe any accountant can tell you that getting enough revenue/profit to pay off the entire loan was never the goal. Maybe one has. :P

So far, have you seen RBS and Wachovia claim anything regarding non payment of interest? ttnbd's analysis of the latest books showed interest was being paid.

Well if they're being paid, it's at the expense of actually having any money to spend in the transfer market.

It's at the expense of going for world class players. Instead of Quaresma and Ronaldinho we have to target Milner and Downing.

A Couple of more summers like that and you'll see us sliding down the league table as fast as fuck.
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline runkerry1

• Kopite
    • Whitepark Designs
« Reply #339 on: June 20, 2008, 05:46:26 pm »
this seems just another media spin-off to keep us fans onboard.... but I seem to remember that DIC said a while back that they would only make an approach to buy, if Hicks & Gilletts relationship was on more level ground..... ??

Could this be the turning point in something behind the scenes?

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
« Reply #340 on: June 20, 2008, 05:56:46 pm »
Anything less than Gillett and Hicks saying "goodbye" is a profound irritation and disappointment.
You have to try very hard to see what's going on in front of your face

Offline Vladi Legend

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: June 20, 2008, 06:06:42 pm »
Oh bugger!
Ya we have been talking in the half time, we need to do something, we need to change things and maybe if we score then it will be different and we scored and it was different.  - Rafael Benitez Ataturk Stadium Istanbul 26 May 2005

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #342 on: June 20, 2008, 06:07:19 pm »
With all due respect..;)

why the smiley faces? are we supposed to be happy that the club is paying the debt? are u that far up Hicks's arse that you thinkwe should be happy about it? would you rather we pay interest on loans then buy players or stregthen the squad???
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Stevo75

• Anny Roader
  • How do you like them apples!
« Reply #343 on: June 20, 2008, 06:07:32 pm »
If Gillet & Hicks were back to being mates again, dont you think Parry would be out of a job by now?!
On awaiting Everton's arrival for a derby game at Anfield, Bill Shankly gave a box of toilet rolls to the doorman and said: "Give them these when they arrive – they'll need them!"

Offline abhred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #344 on: June 20, 2008, 06:09:08 pm »
Fuck off you c*nts.

Adequate resources, eh? I'll be shocked if we spend more a couple of million net this summer.
It wouldn't be Liverpool if we didn't do it the hard way... ask Gareth Southgate.

Offline Baz76

• Kopite
« Reply #345 on: June 20, 2008, 06:14:46 pm »
I dont believe one word,that these pair say anymore,Friends or not,I dont care,sell up and fuck off.

I second that mate. These 2 crafty bastards are lower than a snakes belly.

Considering they are attempting to repair their relationship can only be bad news for the club in the long run. More worryingly is that these 2 fat greedy bastards may now be singing from the same songsheet and conspiring to deliver even more lies, bullshit and turmoil.

Offline Le Terrible

• GAJAJ AlbertStubbinsGU
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: June 20, 2008, 06:17:30 pm »
DON'T TRUST A WORD THESE TWO BASTARDS SAY. 

And btw, Sing Songs, petitions and walkabouts won't get them out either.

No more ignoring them if they dare to come to Anfield again.  They should expect some serious shite to go off if they do.  No more fucking around.  GET IN TO THEM...GET IN TO THEM. 

Any Anfield appearance should leave them scared out of their wits, with the game abandoned with one pitch invasion after another.

Offline scousemick

• Kemlynite
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 06:24:05 pm by scousemick »

Offline Toxteth Ogrady

• Main Stander
« Reply #348 on: June 20, 2008, 06:28:19 pm »
DON'T TRUST A WORD THESE TWO BASTARDS SAY. 

And btw, Sing Songs, petitions and walkabouts won't get them out either.

No more ignoring them if they dare to come to Anfield again.  They should expect some serious shite to go off if they do.  No more fucking around.  GET IN TO THEM...GET IN TO THEM. 

Any Anfield appearance should leave them scared out of their wits, with the game abandoned with one pitch invasion after another.

I was thinking of organising something like that for when you show up.

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #349 on: June 20, 2008, 06:39:45 pm »
id rather they built a gallows. Buy us Villa and we can decide on the best type of rope to use to ease your suffering.

then we will use razor wire. ya fat c*nts.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline ..Bruiser..

• A liver bird upon me chest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #350 on: June 20, 2008, 06:44:24 pm »
Damage done, off you pop you useless, clueless yank wazzpots!
96 friends we'll never forget
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Offline lurganboy

• Legacy Fan
  • Look! It's that bellend from 606!
« Reply #351 on: June 20, 2008, 06:53:41 pm »
Did they say in how many days the spade will be in the ground to build this bridge?

Offline anfield

• Legacy Fan
  • No surprises from me
« Reply #352 on: June 20, 2008, 06:58:05 pm »
With all due respect..;)

The problem is that we would have to pay the interest for two loans, the club and the stadium, and that without any extra income the next three, four years until the stadium is built.

Can you please answer this question.

From where will G&H find at least £60m/year until the stadium is built?

I always believe in our team, always.
Sheikh Mo will own the club very soon.

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: June 20, 2008, 07:02:06 pm »
Did they say in how many days the spade will be in the ground to build this bridge?

lol class
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline Jacketh

• Main Stander
  • Rafa, Rafael, Rafael Benitez
« Reply #354 on: June 20, 2008, 07:03:54 pm »
brillaint news, now they can both stay and build us a stadium
Forever LFC

Offline Rox

• Gets His Off Regularly. Man's best friend's best friend.
  • Legacy Fan
  • \0/ \0/ \0/
    • Inspire Your Dog
« Reply #355 on: June 20, 2008, 07:06:10 pm »

As usual, a brilliant idea from Le Terrorist.  It would be fantastic to get us docked points and reinforce the idea that Liverpool fans are trouble makers, wouldn't it?  It would really put paid to those old stereotypes.  I'm sure Rafa would stick around with a points handicap.

Genius.
Having problems with a dog, or just want to understand them better?  Get advice at my site... http://inspireyourdog.com/ and follow us on Twitter @inspireyourdog for tips and hints.

Offline SallyCinnamon

• Dr. Greenthumb
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: June 20, 2008, 07:07:39 pm »
For those who didn't catch it....

http://www.fan590.com/onair/primetimesports/media.jsp?content=20080619_183322_13400

It goes straight into the interview,not that it's worth listening to.
Journalist: Without giving any secrets away, how do you practice when you haven't got a six foot seven player in the squad? How on earth can you prepare?

It's about beating him in the air, so we will use Mascherano against him!

NinjaVideo

Offline gnaume

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wow! My subconsciousness is a genius!
« Reply #357 on: June 20, 2008, 07:07:58 pm »
would much rather they began to build the new ground, rather than bridges

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: June 20, 2008, 07:11:48 pm »
As usual, a brilliant idea from Le Terrorist.  It would be fantastic to get us docked points and reinforce the idea that Liverpool fans are trouble makers, wouldn't it?  It would really put paid to those old stereotypes.  I'm sure Rafa would stick around with a points handicap.

Genius.

tis a fair point. play right into their hands that would ( the media )

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #359 on: June 20, 2008, 07:17:35 pm »
Off The Pitch?
There are other threads about this in off the pitch
As i said at the begining, Apologies if this has already been posted.

Though thanks for your helpful comments!
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.