Author Topic: Gillette Radio Interview - transcript and all the reaction  (Read 43752 times)

Offline Raz

• Legacy Fan
Re: Gillette Radio Interview - transcript and all the reaction
« Reply #240 on: June 20, 2008, 12:12:50 am »
I know, the world is just full of dumb self-made billionnaires isn't it?  Can't move for them round us...

I don't think being billionaires automatically makes them clever to be honest, lol. Fair enough they might have done well in certain businesses, but the way in which they've conducted things (klinsmann, threatening rafa's job, the public disputes, hicks PR machine being a joke with that interview and everything inbetween) which has caused so much criticism against them has hardly shown themselves to be intelligent has it?

And though they might be conniving, I think its a bit far-fetched to suggest they've completely made up the whole falling out thing just to get DIC to get involved so they can raise the price. Thats a bit OTT to be honest.

The fact they were able to buy the club after doing near to no due dilligence and considering their past history of fuck ups only goes to show how inept Parry and Moores are as opposed to how intelligent Gillett and Hicks are, with even Doug Ellis telling Gillett to do one.
He then starts trying to punch the ghost and starts telling it to fuck off

Offline sharkhello

• Anny Roader
« Reply #241 on: June 20, 2008, 12:13:51 am »
Stop blaming americans, yes i hate them, but its time to shame the pair who sent us into this spiral, please start venting your anger towards moores, he's weak, he will buckle under fan pressure to push him out, if he sits on his perch at anfield we stop him, as for coco, he is to blame also, but moores is the main one

Could you imagine if a player relayed his kind of horror show on the pitch as he has done running our club,

Its time David Moores to face the music u fuckin twat

Offline Toxteth Ogrady

• Main Stander
« Reply #242 on: June 20, 2008, 12:16:09 am »
Yes, I'm sure they're really thick. They were certainly outwitted by those other self made working class heroes, DIC.

Lets hope they've put aside their petty grievances for the good of the club and are working together to finish what they started, and that means building the stadium and maximising our potential to take the club forward where it belongs. If they can't do that then they need to step aside and let someone who can. It's that simple.

Don't get bogged down in personal issues and superfan hysteria, and judge them on actions not hollow PR and gossip mongering.

Offline Raz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: June 20, 2008, 12:16:26 am »
Stop blaming americans, yes i hate them, but its time to shame the pair who sent us into this spiral, please start venting your anger towards moores, he's weak, he will buckle under fan pressure to push him out, if he sits on his perch at anfield we stop him, as for coco, he is to blame also, but moores is the main one

Could you imagine if a player relayed his kind of horror show on the pitch as he has done running our club,

Its time David Moores to face the music u fuckin twat

Agreed, but we kind of need Moores and Parry on the board to stop that Texas twat from making all the decisions he wants.

Offline Raz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: June 20, 2008, 12:21:18 am »
Yes, I'm sure they're really thick. They were certainly outwitted by those other self made working class heroes, DIC.

FFS. Everyone with half a brain cell would have known that going with DIC was the better option. The fact Moores and Parry went with Gillett and Hicks were (it seems) because DIC were taking their time to do due dilligence so Parry and Moores started considering other offers after they'd already agreed with DIC on a deal, the fact Gillett and Hicks would complete their due dilligence quickly, because Parry would keep his job and because Moores was going to get Ģ8m extra.

Because the inept fuckers who ran our club at the time selfishly and stupidly chose Gillett and Hicks after and above a deal with DIC doesn't mean DIC were "outwitted" by anyone. Any sensible person would have stayed with DIC and the decision to go with Gillett and Hicks is no reflection on how they acted in my opinion. After Parry and Moores went back on their word and went with G & H and stopped answering the calls of DIC to the point where there were statements about them not knowing what was going on, I'm not fucking surprised they walked.

Offline sharkhello

• Anny Roader
« Reply #245 on: June 20, 2008, 12:24:51 am »
moores is despicable, look at his picture he makes my blood boil, god I hope I am never in a room with him, id would shout at him full pelt, I just can believe a man is so thick

two jokers with crap sports empires, no money, mortgaged assets upto the eyeballs in debt, non football fans and one with a history of messing up big footy teams (ala hicks at corinthians), and both of them with not one happy fan between them(ok at the time, 4pool is one in about 50 odd million sports fans)

or

A liverpool fan with more wealth behind him that 3 chelsea's.  God he really had a tough decision, can anyone show any sympathy, and don't just give it tell me why.  He was really bullied into making such a tough decision, my heart bleeds (well it does now) , maybe it was parry that did this so called bullying

So wat if DIC took there time over due diligence, probably wat turned them against them, realized they didn't do things by halves and would have made them look bad, people who do it three days must be more cowboyish, men after moores and coco's own hearts
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 12:30:05 am by sharkhello »

Offline gb096

• Anny Roader
  • In Sunny Brisbane
« Reply #246 on: June 20, 2008, 12:26:17 am »
Didn't hear it but from what I can derive from the comments on here and what I know of these things I now believe that LFC will be sold very soon, I get the impression that all parties have toned down the whole press and PR thing and also the point scoring for the reason of getting down to business and agree a deal.

My take on it all is ...they are now going to act like they get along and will support Rafa in the transfer market, within reason, and hope that DIC come back to the table.

Offline sharkhello

• Anny Roader
« Reply #247 on: June 20, 2008, 12:37:41 am »
The other thing that really bothers me about moores -

o he never interfered - urm hello, so we falling years behind other clubs and he did nothing, he had a job to do and he never did it - how is that good

Give me one other big historic organisation that would have put up with a man doing the sort of job he did, never made a decision, backed poor managment (coco, souness, evans and houllier far to long), crying at shareholders meetings etc

All our problems started the day he came, thats when the success dried up, and he made bloody sure when the keys were sold he traded like for like

Tell me one thing this man did apart from fuck up

Offline Ryza

• Main Stander
  • That crack is really more-ish.
« Reply #248 on: June 20, 2008, 12:57:53 am »
From what I've read here, it just seems that Gillett is trying to re-assure the fans that the club isn't in peril. He's putting a positive spin on things that him and Hicks are "communicating well" and that he wants to "help Rafa chase the premier league".

Not saying that all this is helping anything, though.
Give yourself the chance to be heroes.

Offline gb096

• Anny Roader
  • In Sunny Brisbane
« Reply #249 on: June 20, 2008, 01:02:22 am »
We should get an idea when the window opens...if they splash the cash they will sell, if they hold back they are in for the long haul!!!

Offline WhiteHeat

• Legacy Fan
  • wants the traditions of LFC back.
« Reply #250 on: June 20, 2008, 01:30:32 am »
I think they're in for the long haul, god knows why because they're both broke.

Offline OneKop

• Kopite
« Reply #251 on: June 20, 2008, 01:56:50 am »
Well even after this crap interview from GG not much has changed.

The pair of twats will still find it near on impossible to get the funding needed for the new stadium, getting the funding for transfers for the next four years while waiting for the stadium to be built {even IF they got the funding for the stadium}

I just hope that D.I.C. release a statement saying that they are walking away from ANY deal with Liverpool, and then watch the pair of twats squirm, no Bank in their right mind would then lend the twats a single penny.

I just hope when that slime ball midget GG was crying over all the hate mail that he had been receiving gets a shit load more now.
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

Offline heatseeker

• Kopite
  • Step by step...
« Reply #252 on: June 20, 2008, 04:30:42 am »
Seven more pages of dirty laundry to stain our illustrious history.

This has got to stop !

We are Liverpool Football Club and we haven't had any dinner.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 04:39:16 am by heatseeker »
There's no place on this planet, quite like Merseyside - Jegsy Dodd

Offline anfield

• Legacy Fan
  • No surprises from me
« Reply #253 on: June 20, 2008, 06:39:55 am »
Of course they want to make it look like they are friends again. They will need that loan for the stadium.

They wouldn't have a chance in hell to get it if they didn't talked to each other.

If they don't get the loan for the stadium then they are fucked and would have to sell the club on the cheap.
I always believe in our team, always.
Sheikh Mo will own the club very soon.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #254 on: June 20, 2008, 07:52:50 am »
George Gillett has revealed that his cold war with Liverpool co-owner Tom Hicks is thawing as he backs Rafa Benitez in the transfer market this summer.

Speaking in a radio station interview with TheFan590 in Toronto, Gillett paid special tribute to Fernando Torres but hinted he expects the Spain striker's team-mates to improve their game in a bid to push for next season's title.

Gillett, who also owns Montreal Canadiens, conceded he was shocked with the worldwide response to his previous interview on the station, when the news broke of the breakdown of his relationship with Hicks.

"The reaction was so profound that we have to tone it down," he said.

"No, I hadn't [expected the reaction]. It was amazing, notwithstanding that soccer is the leading sport in the world. It was shocking how popular Liverpool is and it did surprise me.

"It was an amazing response. We hold these assets in trust for the fans and have an obligation to the fans and I feel that very strongly, both in Montreal and Liverpool.

"Developments? No, nothing that either I would talk about or be worth talking about but it's fair to say there has been communication between the Hickses and the Gilletts. It has been substantially improved and I believe it will be for the benefit of the club.

"Time is a healer and there were things that happened previously the other way as well, when it took a while for both of us to realise, I think we both realised, that perhaps we weren't communicating very well.

"It is a huge responsibility we have to the fans to do the right thing for the club and I believe the Hickses and the Gilletts are communicating better with us and us better with them. And that'll be better for the club.

"I'm not going to comment on things specifically," he replied when asked if the 'for sale' signs were up at Anfield.

Gillett is looking forward to supporting Benitez during the transfer window.

"All of us are focused on the transfer window coming up and so forth," he stated.

"We want to be ready for that and have adequate resources and good communication with Rafa.

"Our hope is we're making that kind of progress."

When quizzed on Liverpool's performance last term, he replied: "I'd rather the fans make that decision, but the club has a history of winning trophies.

"Any season you don't win one of the trophies we compete for, I suspect, the fans as well as Hicks and Gillett, are disappointed.

"Overall, I thought the team played quite well, particularly beginning and late [season].

"I think they were very representative and Fernando Torres was a wonderful, wonderful selection last summer. The rest of the boys played quite well but we've got to help Rafa try and compete in the chase for The Premier League."

Offline merseypride

• Has given up luncheon meat. Believes himself to be the reincarnation of Nostradamus
  • Kopite
  • Liverpool Football Club.....The Only way is UP!
    • Exclusive Contests
« Reply #255 on: June 20, 2008, 08:08:37 am »
http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/06/20/Prem-Gillett-radio-interview/

George Gillett has revealed that his cold war with Liverpool co-owner Tom Hicks is thawing as he backs Rafa Benitez in the transfer market this summer.

Speaking in a radio station interview with TheFan590 in Toronto, Gillett paid special tribute to Fernando Torres but hinted he expects the Spain striker's team-mates to improve their game in a bid to push for next season's title.

Gillett, who also owns Montreal Canadiens, conceded he was shocked with the worldwide response to his previous interview on the station, when the news broke of the breakdown of his relationship with Hicks.

"The reaction was so profound that we have to tone it down," he said.

"No, I hadn't [expected the reaction]. It was amazing, notwithstanding that soccer is the leading sport in the world. It was shocking how popular Liverpool is and it did surprise me.

"It was an amazing response. We hold these assets in trust for the fans and have an obligation to the fans and I feel that very strongly, both in Montreal and Liverpool.

"Developments? No, nothing that either I would talk about or be worth talking about but it's fair to say there has been communication between the Hickses and the Gilletts. It has been substantially improved and I believe it will be for the benefit of the club.

"Time is a healer and there were things that happened previously the other way as well, when it took a while for both of us to realise, I think we both realised, that perhaps we weren't communicating very well.

"It is a huge responsibility we have to the fans to do the right thing for the club and I believe the Hickses and the Gilletts are communicating better with us and us better with them. And that'll be better for the club.

"I'm not going to comment on things specifically," he replied when asked if the 'for sale' signs were up at Anfield.

Gillett is looking forward to supporting Benitez during the transfer window.

"All of us are focused on the transfer window coming up and so forth," he stated.

"We want to be ready for that and have adequate resources and good communication with Rafa.

"Our hope is we're making that kind of progress."

When quizzed on Liverpool's performance last term, he replied: "I'd rather the fans make that decision, but the club has a history of winning trophies.

"Any season you don't win one of the trophies we compete for, I suspect, the fans as well as Hicks and Gillett, are disappointed.

"Overall, I thought the team played quite well, particularly beginning and late [season].

"I think they were very representative and Fernando Torres was a wonderful, wonderful selection last summer. The rest of the boys played quite well but we've got to help Rafa try and compete in the chase for The Premier League."
Liverpool FC .... Things can only get Better!!

Offline merseypride

• Has given up luncheon meat. Believes himself to be the reincarnation of Nostradamus
  • Kopite
  • Liverpool Football Club.....The Only way is UP!
    • Exclusive Contests
« Reply #256 on: June 20, 2008, 08:09:36 am »
Seems they will be here for a while!! :(
Liverpool FC .... Things can only get Better!!

Offline NatD

• Takes offence at authors and people who eat in restaurants.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: June 20, 2008, 08:13:21 am »
I think you will find they are that clever.....I wish i could have enough money to buy LFC

And do you know the cleverest part??  These Fcukers never had enough money in the first place to buy us a la Glazer!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am clutching at straws, as it appears they are well aware of the value of the 'asset' they have found themselves with, but I am hoping that the fact the improvement in communication that will benefit the club is that they have both agreed to sell!

However, personally I very much doubt that now!
"...waking up at 12 in my clothes again, feel my head explode from a night of Gin..."

Offline NotBeenInAigburthSince2008

• Kopite
« Reply #258 on: June 20, 2008, 08:13:50 am »
He was shocked to discover how popular Liverpool FC is?

Offline cox3100

• Would love to congratulate Siralex.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • justice for the 96
« Reply #259 on: June 20, 2008, 08:15:58 am »
if they are staying and it sounds like they are they should shut up and put there hands inm there pockets and give rafa the cash backing that they promised when they came

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: June 20, 2008, 08:17:09 am »
He was shocked to discover how popular Liverpool FC is?

Some due dilligence.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline Rafa The Gaffer

• Anny Roader
« Reply #261 on: June 20, 2008, 08:17:18 am »
The war is not thawing on this side of the Atlantic! :wave

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #262 on: June 20, 2008, 08:17:34 am »
Imo when asked about the club been up for sale

"I'm not going to comment on things specifically,"

I read it as  , it still is  as i think if they decided not to..it would have been a big NO.

Offline Ron

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: June 20, 2008, 08:20:13 am »
What does thawing mean ?

Offline NotBeenInAigburthSince2008

• Kopite
« Reply #264 on: June 20, 2008, 08:22:00 am »
It means they're grunting at each other like hungover teenagers

Offline beardsley4ever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: June 20, 2008, 08:22:04 am »
DIC must have pulled out of negotiations.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: June 20, 2008, 08:22:37 am »
What does thawing mean ?

Melting.

Offline wz4jc3

• Legacy Fan
  • 'You'll Never Walk Alone.'
    • Teach Maths
« Reply #267 on: June 20, 2008, 08:25:17 am »
Imo when asked about the club been up for sale

"I'm not going to comment on things specifically,"

I read it as  , it still is  as i think if they decided not to..it would have been a big NO.
I agree with this. Why would he leave the fans in limbo if there was no truth in it? It would be contradicting his statements about improving communication for the better of the club. Pair of wankers.

Offline Fontaine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: June 20, 2008, 08:30:03 am »
Wankers.  The nightmare goes on.   :'(

We need to back Share Liverpool fc can't rely on DIC to ride in on their white horse.

Offline The_Last_Don

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: June 20, 2008, 08:30:11 am »
atleast the choke hold on the club is loosening, the transfer window will verify the above, lets hope it does cos we cant afford not to sign players.

Offline Xabinator

• Legacy Fan
  • We will go to Paris.....we may even go to France
« Reply #270 on: June 20, 2008, 08:30:19 am »

George Gillett

Dr Klopek from "The Burbs"

Each as trustworthy as the other  :tosser
"Sir, I may be an idiot but there is one thing that I am not - and that, sir, is an idiot" Peter Griffin

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #271 on: June 20, 2008, 08:30:19 am »
They've made such a bollox of every public utterrance in the past that they have obviously agreed to say bugger all in future. I wouldn't believe a word of the 'thaw' stuff. Communications had to improve for purely practical reasons. A non-interview really by the sound of it.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline trigger

• sexist and shallow
  • Legacy Fan
  • The romans invented the knob on a stick
« Reply #272 on: June 20, 2008, 08:32:14 am »
What does thawing mean ?

It's what a man with a lisp does with a thaw
Frankly if your team is mentioned in a Liverpool song, you should be chuffed

Offline AMP

• Anny Roader
« Reply #273 on: June 20, 2008, 08:33:43 am »
It means TH screwed up because he thought he could hold DIC to ransom and stop GG selling or hold majority stake over DIC. The problem is his attitude towards DIC and the clauses he was trying to attach either to GG sale  of stake to DIC or his own sal e of stake has caused  them to back off.

Unfortunately the credit crunch is starting to bit and it's only going to get worse of the next 18 months as thats when its predicated it will hit bottom and no one is interested in becoming his partner because of his display.  Therefore the only way out is to sell the club before they are forced to sell for no profit is for him to negotiate a peace treaty with GG to  be able to appease DIC.

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: June 20, 2008, 08:33:57 am »
Well, DIC said they were suspending negotiations until Hicks and Gillet start talking again, so this could be seen as a negative and a positive.

Given the quote about the for sale sign, I am inclined to think the latter.
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline Xabinator

• Legacy Fan
  • We will go to Paris.....we may even go to France
« Reply #275 on: June 20, 2008, 08:35:41 am »
What does thawing mean ?

What a duck with a speech impediment has after colliding with another

Coat.....hat.....gone!
"Sir, I may be an idiot but there is one thing that I am not - and that, sir, is an idiot" Peter Griffin

Offline Red Alert

• Main Stander
  • A Scouser from Somerset
« Reply #276 on: June 20, 2008, 08:35:47 am »
That sounds like bad news to me, I was still living in some hope (or just plain day dreaming) that they would take the hint and just get the hell out of it and sell up to DIC...........

Offline PhilLFC

• Legacy Fan
  • Stay Low Move Fast..We are the Pilgrims Master
« Reply #277 on: June 20, 2008, 08:46:41 am »
Nothing really has changed from the last time he went on air, except that heīs not slagging Hicks off, he was still quiet about the ownership so in that respect i think the "Chess Pieces" are still moving, if he was staying he would come out and say...but...look out for him selling his stake to Hicks. He talked about the Transfer Window, so i hope they can both come up with some extra money for Rafa
22 Smokin AceS

Offline PhilLFC

• Legacy Fan
  • Stay Low Move Fast..We are the Pilgrims Master
« Reply #278 on: June 20, 2008, 08:50:35 am »
That sounds like bad news to me, I was still living in some hope (or just plain day dreaming) that they would take the hint and just get the hell out of it and sell up to DIC...........
No News is good news....He didnīt want to say anything about the ownership situation, which to me sounds like he still wants to go, but he hasnīt decided when he will go, it is also possable that why he is on talking terms with Hicks it might be that he is trying to convince him to work with DIC when he is gone, or he will wait for the new stadium to be built before he sells up...
22 Smokin AceS

Offline anfield

• Legacy Fan
  • No surprises from me
« Reply #279 on: June 20, 2008, 08:53:52 am »
AS I said in the other thread....

Of course they want to make it look like they are friends again. They will need that loan for the stadium.

They wouldn't have a chance in hell to get it if they didn't talked to each other.

If they don't get the loan for the stadium then they are fucked and would have to sell the club on the cheap.
I always believe in our team, always.
Sheikh Mo will own the club very soon.