Author Topic: Gillette Radio Interview - transcript and all the reaction  (Read 43763 times)

Offline JJ Red

• Legacy Fan
Re: Gillette Radio Interview - transcript and all the reaction
« Reply #400 on: June 21, 2008, 11:06:36 am »
With respect, you are seeing things therein that aren't necessarily there, and missing stuff that is. besides, everyone has a stance on these things and proffers their point with the spin needed to support that, even 'our accountant'.

Put plainly things are not as jolly as you make them out and they're a lot less jolly than they should - and could - have been.

Like I said, I cannot for the life of me see why you are happy with the current situation- given the fact that you claim to be a true Red. If you were to say you weren't happy but you are trying to keep positive then I'd understand you; sympathise even. But you seem to be genuinely pleased that:

a) we owe 350m when it isn't necessary and there were/are other ways
b) we have to pay all the interest on that, when that isn't necessary and there were/are other ways
c) we have to face yet another re-financing in around a years time, the upshot of which we cannot predict and with all the uncertainty and bad publicity that will entail
d) we have a financial model that requires regular, successful CL campaigns without the requisite transfer input, at a time when are our current rivals and other putative neo-rivals are all planning to spend heavily
e) we have a model that is 100% reliant on the successful completion of a new stadium to work, and which banks on the fact that that stadium will provide the revenues we need - not a foregone conclusion by any means.
f) we have a model which, to make sense  -at least in the short term - is geared toward attaining a certain level of success (4th place?) but which is demonstrably not able to fund the push needed to become regular winners
g) we have owners who have no record of owning top level successful teams and, in fact, whose record tends to be the opposite
h) we have owners who have no money of their own to put into the club and wouldn't put it in even if they had, as evinced by the fact that when asked by everyone from Goldman Sachs to RBS to put some equity into the club they fought it tooth and nail and finally compromised on loaning us money, thus simply increasing our debt
i) we have owners who don't get on and probably never will do in the way needed to make a success of their tenure
j) we have owners who don't know how to run a football team and wouldn't know a successful manager if they fell over him
k) we have owners who are liars

There's no way that anyone can claim that our current situation is a good one to be in. Again if you were to claim, as some do here, that we're in a bit of a hole but you're trying to keep optimistic then fair enough. But why are you glad thing are the way they are? Don't you want the best for your team?

I think that's a great post mate. Maybe that will finally shut him up. Someone else made a good point to 4pool the other day as well, saying that he seems to be arguing that DIC were not the better option when the people who made the decision (specifically Moores) have already came out and said that in hindsight DIC were the much better option. It is a pointless argument.

Offline JJ Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #401 on: June 21, 2008, 11:11:10 am »
i honestly cant believe you , please take off those SoS glasses , because gillett has conned the supporters because  a majority believed wrongly in my opinion that gillett was to sell in a certain time to DIC , so the venom was turned on hicks , and its was good old uncle George he is to sell to DIC , well you have all fell for it , but you in your SoS world cant see this , this is why possibly the club is in the state it is in , its OK coming out with sound bite IE yanks out so on and so on , but supporters think it means hicks not gillett , because snide gillett was to sell to Dubai well he hasn't and in my opinion will not , what the famous quote see no evil  hear no evil  i think that applies here .

In fairness i think what has become apparent in the last few weeks is that there definately is no 90 day limit and GG can't sell without Hicks' say so. This is why there is so much venom directed at Hicks. GG is a snake and i think he has got off lightly (hopefully that will change now), but at least he wants out. I don't doubt though that he probably has gone back on his word and has probably tried to drive the price up by whoring his share around the world, but, again, at least he wants out.

Offline Endoe

• Legacy Fan
  • A liverbird on my chest
« Reply #402 on: June 21, 2008, 11:35:57 am »
This whole disgusting saga...... for want of a better phrase "I despair''. Why couldn't they keep there word (my word is bond) and do what's needs to be done - number 1-cash in on LFC's world club status,  playing at that end of town it really shouldn't be that difficult
again-'I despair'
Just Fuck Off you two - you'll even make money  :o
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 11:38:01 am by Endoe »

Offline coffeehead

• A Lack Of Real Spice In His Life
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #403 on: June 21, 2008, 11:39:20 am »
i honestly cant believe you , please take off those SoS glasses , because gillett has conned the supporters because  a majority believed wrongly in my opinion that gillett was to sell in a certain time to DIC , so the venom was turned on hicks , and its was good old uncle George he is to sell to DIC , well you have all fell for it , but you in your SoS world cant see this , this is why possibly the club is in the state it is in , its OK coming out with sound bite IE yanks out so on and so on , but supporters think it means hicks not gillett , because snide gillett was to sell to Dubai well he hasn't and in my opinion will not , what the famous quote see no evil  hear no evil  i think that applies here .
Now that's more like it as

a) you're actually acknowledging my posts at last (I'm privileged, I know)

and

b) you're actually identifying the root of the issue, namely that people were less exercised about Gillett in recent months because they thought he was selling. That in no way means we thought he was 'kindly old uncle George' (where the fuck did you get that phrase from?) or anything like that, just that as he was seemingly doing what we wanted there was temporarily less cause to berate him. It's just human nature; no-one has been fooled (we can only go on what impressions they give) and no particular damage has been done just because we didn't call him a c*nt as often as we did Hicks

You've got a bee in your bonnet about this and are taking it to ridiculous levels completely unjustified by the facts (as well as using it as a stick to continue your tirade against SoS). You remind me of someone whose got an idea and is so proud of it he's trying to wring every last bit of mileage out of it. :)

Let it go; it's old news. Their both c*nts OK?

Offline Britvic Orange

• Bitter lemon
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #404 on: June 21, 2008, 12:21:32 pm »
Well said Aldo, whats that other quote that also applies with alot of people on here Oh Yes "Where there's no sense there's no feeling"  your better off leaving them burying there heads in the sand and living off the clubs past.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 12:23:04 pm by Britvic Orange »

Offline The Flying Pig

• Bill. Not improving with age.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth? Yes. Justice? Not yet. JFT96.
« Reply #405 on: June 21, 2008, 08:45:41 pm »
I think the general concencus is that Hicks is the worst of the two, but that neither are wanted. There is no pro Gillet agenda from what i read, just that he is not hated as much as Hicks.

I think if you canvas our fans,the general opinion would be that we want them BOTH out ASAP.
Suddenly I turned around and she was standin' there
With silver bracelets on her wrists and flowers in her hair
She walked up to me so gracefully and took my crown of thorns
"Come in", She said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm."

I might be in!

Offline manifest

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #406 on: June 22, 2008, 06:12:05 pm »
I think that's a great post mate. Maybe that will finally shut him up. Someone else made a good point to 4pool the other day as well, saying that he seems to be arguing that DIC were not the better option when the people who made the decision (specifically Moores) have already came out and said that in hindsight DIC were the much better option. It is a pointless argument.

you mean this i think:

I know we all pick and choose our facts to fit our story, but we mostly think that moores and parry really chose poorly in going with gillett and Hicks over DIC.....and guess who agrees with us.....Moores and Parry!!!!  If they have the humility ( who wouldn't with ferraris and lionel ritchie as 'support' ) to acknowledge their gross mistake........ especially when, as you yourself suggest, it may have been the leaked document that turned their head. They have understood, too late, its irrelevance in the wider picture.
             However, clearly, they now have come to see that, believing the leaked document, coupled with the timely arrival of the rival bid, was what got us all in this mess. And yet your head seems to be stuck where their heads were all those months ago, you are still arguing, in effect, that they made the right decision, when even they themselves have held up their hands in shame.... they've moved on, I hope you can too.

coffee: on the nail as usual.

Offline Carraghercules

• Main Stander
« Reply #407 on: June 22, 2008, 06:37:14 pm »
last year he said that LFC is the most important club in the most important sport. now he's supposedly shock of the club popularity. george u also out
KOP RULE OK

Offline mickeyboy

• Anny Roader
« Reply #408 on: June 22, 2008, 06:42:50 pm »
No favourtism here, get them both the fuck out!!
Even if Hicks does seem the bigger prick out of the two, Gillet is the man who brought him into our lives anyway.

Thanks c*nt.
I prefer a flan!!

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #409 on: June 23, 2008, 10:03:41 am »
I think that's a great post mate. Maybe that will finally shut him up. Someone else made a good point to 4pool the other day as well, saying that he seems to be arguing that DIC were not the better option when the people who made the decision (specifically Moores) have already came out and said that in hindsight DIC were the much better option.

18 months ago Moores thought G&H were the better option. He Must have had his reasons for this. So just because he NOW comes out and says DIC would have been the better option, how can we be sure of this?

I definitely wand G&H gone, but I also do not believe DIC are the white knight saviours that the majority of supporters are making them out to be.

Offline coffeehead

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: June 23, 2008, 10:34:39 am »
18 months ago Moores thought G&H were the better option.
That's not true though.

Offline HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #411 on: June 23, 2008, 11:07:57 am »
18 months ago Moores thought G&H were the better option. He Must have had his reasons for this. So just because he NOW comes out and says DIC would have been the better option, how can we be sure of this?

I definitely wand G&H gone, but I also do not believe DIC are the white knight saviours that the majority of supporters are making them out to be.

Then who would you have instead of G&H, as that's the real dilemma? I don't for a moment believe the Liverpool fans are seeking a 'white knight' as replacement for the incumbents. We don't want a custodian who is simply going to provide massive financial backing with total tyrannical control over the club and its fans. We want a business, a responsible business with financial clout who is able to invest without leveraging us to dizzy heights, and who is capable of building a supreme stadium for us without expecting instant profits.

If you can suggest such an organisation under the current financial climate, that is better than DIC, then please go ahead and enlighten us.
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline anfield

• Legacy Fan
  • No surprises from me
« Reply #412 on: June 23, 2008, 11:18:17 am »

You must remember that Moores as a member of the board knows what G&H are planning to do. He still have access to all the contracts and deals that are being lined up. He also stopped G&H from putting all the debts on the club, instead of as it's now, a part of it on the club and a part on Kop Holdings.
I always believe in our team, always.
Sheikh Mo will own the club very soon.

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: June 23, 2008, 01:22:26 pm »
Coffeehead> If I'm wrong then fine, but until you actually tell me why I'm wrong, I'm not going to be swayed by your post.

Harry> I'm not in the business of knowing who we should have instead. I'm just continuing to warn that DIC may not be much better. Some fans have actually looked into them but most seem to think they are some kind of angelic saviours, which is what we felt about G&H 18 months ago.
In short: Caution people, caution.

Anfield> I'm not sure what point you are making or how it's relevant to what I posted. Can you clarify it for me mate? Cheers :)

Offline anfield

• Legacy Fan
  • No surprises from me
« Reply #414 on: June 23, 2008, 01:28:38 pm »
Coffeehead> If I'm wrong then fine, but until you actually tell me why I'm wrong, I'm not going to be swayed by your post.

Harry> I'm not in the business of knowing who we should have instead. I'm just continuing to warn that DIC may not be much better. Some fans have actually looked into them but most seem to think they are some kind of angelic saviours, which is what we felt about G&H 18 months ago.
In short: Caution people, caution.

Anfield> I'm not sure what point you are making or how it's relevant to what I posted. Can you clarify it for me mate? Cheers :)

I meant that Moores knows a lot more about G&H and DIC/Dubai Holdings now than he did before. He also as I said knows what G&H are planning to do and I don't think he would make the U-turn he did if he it was a nice and rosy future.
I always believe in our team, always.
Sheikh Mo will own the club very soon.

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #415 on: June 23, 2008, 01:46:29 pm »
Well yes, that's true. He knows more, but after this fiasco is DIC do come in, I'll take the stance of 'Very skeptical' of them and their motives until their actions show me otherwise.

Offline Tsar Kastik

• Would welcome a premature one, apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #416 on: June 23, 2008, 03:21:37 pm »
Just for the record.....'skeptical' is the American spelling of 'sceptical'.
Plenty well, no pray; big bellyache, heap God

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #417 on: June 23, 2008, 05:55:32 pm »
firefox auto correct! must turn that off

Offline coffeehead

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #418 on: June 23, 2008, 07:33:37 pm »
Why don't you do some basic research about what happened back in Jan 2007; I imagine you are happy using the internet? Maybe what you find will 'sway you'?

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #419 on: June 23, 2008, 09:29:02 pm »
Hi 4pool,

You love Liverpool , club and city, do you ever get tired of pissing into the wind ?

You put your time into us and get shit all in return, you defend those who do a lot less than yourself and they rake the cash in hand over fist, whereas you have nothing to gain.

I suppose that's why I admire your integrity when others want your blood, it's why Liverpool has prospered against all odds and it's why we are and always will be unique.

Just decided to pop back into this thread and see what's new.

Thanks... :wave

My Mum always says honesty is the best policy. All i can do is be honest about my "opinion".
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline SallyCinnamon

• Dr. Greenthumb
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #420 on: June 23, 2008, 09:47:35 pm »
Just decided to pop back into this thread and see what's new.

Thanks... :wave

My Mum always says honesty is the best policy. All i can do is be honest about my "opinion".

What's new is the banks won't entertain your 2 Cuntish countrymen with regards to the new Stadium until they cough up $200m (£100m) & this would be seperate from the £350m loan they currently have & are having to pay £39m per year intrest.

Not exactly new but new to todays Echo.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2008/06/23/liverpool-fc-owners-100m-credit-crunch-100252-21135727/
Journalist: Without giving any secrets away, how do you practice when you haven't got a six foot seven player in the squad? How on earth can you prepare?

It's about beating him in the air, so we will use Mascherano against him!

NinjaVideo

Offline flynnyyy

• Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #421 on: June 23, 2008, 11:05:59 pm »
that's what you excel at massterbating
and being a cunning linguist ;)
"We are focusing on supporting our manager"
women are totally insane, it's science.

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #422 on: June 23, 2008, 11:18:37 pm »
 :lickin

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #423 on: June 23, 2008, 11:59:16 pm »
What's new is the banks won't entertain your 2 Cuntish countrymen with regards to the new Stadium until they cough up $200m (£100m) & this would be seperate from the £350m loan they currently have & are having to pay £39m per year intrest.

Not exactly new but new to todays Echo.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2008/06/23/liverpool-fc-owners-100m-credit-crunch-100252-21135727/

Not a great source. That article is roundly abused here:
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=222864.msg4473095#msg4473095

Offline zimmy

• Anny Roader

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #425 on: June 24, 2008, 12:18:59 am »
only by you

Generally the quality of the contributions that you make to a forum improve if you actually read what other people post. I don't think that has quite sunk in yet.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #426 on: June 24, 2008, 12:42:28 am »
she should have drowned you at birth

Tell you what lad...next time i'm over, which right now appears to be in September if I put all the plans together, I'd love it if you come down to the pub and tell me all about it. I'd like to hear your views instead of read them.

Offline SallyCinnamon

• Dr. Greenthumb
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #427 on: June 24, 2008, 01:12:45 am »
Not a great source. That article is roundly abused here:
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=222864.msg4473095#msg4473095

I think you should re-read the thread again Sp,only one poster had a pop at Dp before Life locked it up...

This was a decent analysis of the current situation though..

The stadium cost of £300m was based on December 2007 figures. As we know lending rates are getting  higher and higher each week and  banks want more up front.

As we all know the cost of living has gone up analysts state it's already gone up 9.5% so far this year and will only get worse due to the cost of Gas and Electric rumoured to go up between 30% and 40% by the end of the year and rising food costs.  So you can bet the stadium costs  like that of those for the 2012 Olympics have gone much higher in the last 6 months. Based on the cost of some of the  Olympics venues the new stadium could have already gone up £25m to £30m.

There is also the steel problems TH is having due to  increase costs and  of cheap imports at present coming into the US and it could get worse.

At present TH & GG have although borrowed £60m to start the foundations, but you can bet they banks will want to re cost the project  to take into account the change in the financial market.

This will also cause problems for any refinancing either of LFC and any of their other projects and banks probably wont even lend them the money as they may believe their over all risk is too high.
Journalist: Without giving any secrets away, how do you practice when you haven't got a six foot seven player in the squad? How on earth can you prepare?

It's about beating him in the air, so we will use Mascherano against him!

NinjaVideo

Offline flynnyyy

• Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #428 on: June 24, 2008, 05:10:17 pm »
Tell you what lad...next time i'm over, which right now appears to be in September if I put all the plans together, I'd love it if you come down to the pub and tell me all about it. I'd like to hear your views instead of read them.
I cant take that seriously imagining it in a Texan Accent!

Imagine 4pool walking into the Sandon and defending Hicks like he does on here with his accent! you'd last about 2 minutes speaking like the above quote!

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #429 on: June 25, 2008, 03:42:07 am »
I cant take that seriously imagining it in a Texan Accent!

Imagine 4pool walking into the Sandon and defending Hicks like he does on here with his accent! you'd last about 2 minutes speaking like the above quote!

I've been in The Sandon longer than 2 minutes..:P

Also Sam Dodds next door, too.

Offline jonnygeeart

• Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P L.F.C
« Reply #430 on: June 25, 2008, 06:52:37 am »
i find it incredulous that people can still defend hicks when even parry and moores are clear that it was an almighty fuck up selling to the twat

Offline Aldridge 8

• Schizophrenic.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #431 on: June 25, 2008, 07:56:58 am »
i find it incredulous that people can still defend hicks when even parry and moores are clear that it was an almighty fuck up selling to the twat
so its hicks they sold to and not gillett , so gillett's alright is he is the the good one in the partnership ? 

Offline Veinticinco de Mayo

• Almost as nice as Hellmans and cheaper too! Feedback tourist #57. President of ZATAA.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In an aeroplane over RAWK
« Reply #432 on: June 25, 2008, 08:17:40 am »
so its hicks they sold to and not gillett , so gillett's alright is he is the the good one in the partnership ? 
Does he actually say that in his post?  I don't think he does. In fact he makes no comment on Gillett at all. Stop putting words in people's mouths just so you can have an argument.
Tweeting shit about LFC @kevhowson Tweeting shit about music @GigMonkey2
Bill Shankly - 'The socialism I believe in is not really politics; it is humanity, a way of living and sharing the rewards'

Offline NotBeenInAigburthSince2008

• Kopite
« Reply #433 on: June 25, 2008, 08:18:02 am »
If someone were to tell you that GG is the good guy, would you finally, finally be happy then?

To summarise. The majority of posters want shot of GG & TH. GG indicated he was prepared to sell so people decided OK, problem 1 out of the way, onto problem 2. It now seems that GG was lying, again.

Offline Aldridge 8

• Schizophrenic.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #434 on: June 25, 2008, 08:49:54 am »
If someone were to tell you that GG is the good guy, would you finally, finally be happy then?

no that's my point all along gillett is the one who suitored hicks and liverpool football club and for me is the catalyst for all the shit the club is in , but it seems that gillett never gets the abuse he deserves , yes hicks get the stick and rightly so but for me and i don't care what anyone  else  thinks  gillett gets away with it and i think its not right , because in the end its was gillett who sided with parry and gillett who brought in hicks , not the other way round .

Offline NotBeenInAigburthSince2008

• Kopite
« Reply #435 on: June 25, 2008, 09:10:18 am »
no that's my point all along gillett is the one who suitored hicks and liverpool football club and for me is the catalyst for all the shit the club is in , but it seems that gillett never gets the abuse he deserves , yes hicks get the stick and rightly so but for me and i don't care what anyone  else  thinks  gillett gets away with it and i think its not right , because in the end its was gillett who sided with parry and gillett who brought in hicks , not the other way round .
I think you're right up to a point. Until recently I think GG was seen as less of an issue because he was making noises about selling, but now I reckon most people have seen through him. Time to move on

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #436 on: June 25, 2008, 10:24:53 am »
Yeah. It's a fucking soap opera. No one can be trusted. Why the hell is Gillett not saying anything about DIC anymore? If he so much wanted to sell....both are c*nts of the lowest order.

Where's Amanda ffs!

Offline flynnyyy

• Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #437 on: June 25, 2008, 11:38:39 am »
I've been in The Sandon longer than 2 minutes..:P

Also Sam Dodds next door, too.
Im sure you have, but im also sure you werent speaking like your above post and defending Hicks!

Well done by the way ;)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 11:40:18 am by flynnyyy »

Offline RedBoywonder

• The Big E
  • Legacy Fan
  • and could he play.....
« Reply #438 on: June 25, 2008, 06:59:02 pm »
Im sure you have, but im also sure you werent speaking like your above post and defending Hicks!

Well done by the way ;)

He's not a 'true' Texan, comes from Warrington I think. Isn't that right 4pool?
Justice for the 96.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #439 on: June 25, 2008, 07:31:50 pm »
He's not a 'true' Texan, comes from Warrington I think. Isn't that right 4pool?

Yes I was born there.

But have long ago lost my English accent and not had a problem in The Sandon when chatting one on one about anything. Not that i'm in there all the time, like. :P