Author Topic: Gillette Radio Interview - transcript and all the reaction  (Read 43758 times)

Offline Hyypia headers

• Am I a Real Liverpool Fan...
  • Kopite
  • Impossible?
Re: Reds co-owners begin to build bridges
« Reply #360 on: June 20, 2008, 07:29:28 pm »
He is starting to sound like hicks, all show but no results.

I heard his interview on that Canadian website, my favourite part was when he started about "the huge responsibility we have to the fans to do the right thing for the club". If he or that fat cowboy would have considered the responsibility before they started this mess, it would have saved the fans, they care about so much, a lot of sleepless nights.

Just take the money and leave.   
Let me tell you about the times when tackling was allowed

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
Re: Gillette Radio Interview - transcript and all the reaction
« Reply #361 on: June 20, 2008, 07:44:28 pm »
The problem is that we would have to pay the interest for two loans, the club and the stadium, and that without any extra income the next three, four years until the stadium is built.

Can you please answer this question.

From where will G&H find at least £60m/year until the stadium is built?

They don't need to is the basic answer.

If you have followed along the financial trail you would start to understand. So read these:

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=209084.0

and this one

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=220943.0

What you  might glean from those is that the stadium financing is a different issue. One with which naming rights, corporate prepayments for suites, etc can happen.

Not to mention that G&H could look to get minority investors in to offset some of their own assests being used as collateral.

There are unknown factors which, and you better believe they are, G&H will be using to mitigate the "interest" they need to pay. Additonal partners being one.

What you might also glean from the second one is that G&H have been shrewd in  their dealings with the banks. Not only to benefit themselves but also the club. One would go amiss thinking they won't do the same with regards to a stadium deal.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #362 on: June 20, 2008, 08:11:39 pm »
Yes, quite frankly I do.

If interest rates don't benefit the club financially, it won't benefit them either. Funny that.

I think they benefit the owners, that correct. id rather have no debt as promised so the club doesnt have to care about interest rates.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #363 on: June 20, 2008, 08:17:08 pm »
I think they benefit the owners, that correct. id rather have no debt as promised so the club doesnt have to care about interest rates.

That wasn't what was promised.

What was promised was the debt not to be "loaded" onto the club as how Man utd debt is.. The above financial links shows it hasn't been..

Of course NO debt would be brilliant. But there isn't a sugar daddy out there apparently.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: June 20, 2008, 08:19:05 pm »

What was promised was the debt not to be "loaded" onto the club as how Man utd debt is.. The above financial links shows it hasn't been..

Of course NO debt would be brilliant. But there isn't a sugar daddy out there apparently.

"loaded" is relative for to the clubs finances, in which case we are loaded
Thinking is overrated.

Offline SallyCinnamon

• Dr. Greenthumb
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #365 on: June 20, 2008, 08:19:43 pm »

Don't encourage him...

Later on in that podcast they speak to the Canadian who's covering the Euros' & in a not so off the cuff moment McCowan stated how the  recent Hicks press releases all sound like they came from an Englishman...

I read that statement as him having a pop at the Hicks pr drive and that McCowan has been told it's not Hicks who's wording the statements.
Journalist: Without giving any secrets away, how do you practice when you haven't got a six foot seven player in the squad? How on earth can you prepare?

It's about beating him in the air, so we will use Mascherano against him!

NinjaVideo

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #366 on: June 20, 2008, 08:35:04 pm »
 Anfield said: From where will G&H find at least £60m/year until the stadium is built?
What you  might glean from those is that the stadium financing is a different issue. One with which naming rights, corporate prepayments for suites, etc can happen.

I'm sure big corporations are lining up to "prepay" for the naming rights of a stadium to help the club out with the interest payments of a loan yet to be funded.
Not to mention that G&H could look to get minority investors in to offset some of their own assests being used as collateral.
The more owners the better. Hopefully 100% texan.
There are unknown factors which, and you better believe they are, G&H will be using to mitigate the "interest" they need to pay. Additonal partners being one.
"There are unknown factors"? Way to go out on a limb there Nostradamus. PLease enlighten us as to what "those unknown factors" that "we better believe they are"...are.

What you might also glean from the second one is that G&H have been shrewd in  their dealings with the banks. Not only to benefit themselves but also the club. One would go amiss thinking they won't do the same with regards to a stadium deal.
lol "Shrewd" eh?  You say a lot, but say absolutely nothing. It's all total blind faith with you. 

Offline Gedo

• Tube Blower.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: June 20, 2008, 08:40:32 pm »
One Champions league miss and we aren't finished.

We weren't finished under Moores when we were in the Uefa Cup  either.

Another myth propogated by those who do not understand financing.

Obviously we get more money in the CL than the Wafer Cup. But it won't finish the club or make the banks call in loans if we slip to 5th. Which personally I don't see happening even if Rafa brought in no one this close season.
When we last went into the UEFA we weren't £350m in DEBT!!!!!!!
Or for Dubai Holdings, or even the banks. Tom Hicks has said that work on the stadium will start in September, and even if the £60m is used to start the foundation work on the stadium, Hicks will be looking to secuirng the rest of the cash for the stadium very soon, and what a way to raise the price with Dubai significantly than to state that their relationship is getting better, and showing the banks that they are willing to work together.
£60m gets you Hoardings around the site,plus the Footings Dug out,the Drains in place and some steel work,where's the other £250-300m to finish the ground!!!!!!

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: June 20, 2008, 08:45:58 pm »
When we last went into the UEFA we weren't £350m in DEBT!!!!!!!£60m gets you Hoardings around the site,plus the Footings Dug out,the Drains in place and some steel work,where's the other £250-300m to finish the ground!!!!!!

My thoughts exactly. Our rivals are spending big, sooner later man city, spurs, villa will be up with us for 4th. Not one of H&Gs teams have had any success for years. If we are at the same level of their other teams (a very difficult comparison i know) CL football wont last long with these two around
Thinking is overrated.

Offline SallyCinnamon

• Dr. Greenthumb
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: June 20, 2008, 09:03:00 pm »
Leave it out lads or Life will shut the thread.
Journalist: Without giving any secrets away, how do you practice when you haven't got a six foot seven player in the squad? How on earth can you prepare?

It's about beating him in the air, so we will use Mascherano against him!

NinjaVideo

Offline flynnyyy

• Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #370 on: June 20, 2008, 09:14:04 pm »
Leave it out lads or Life will shut the thread.
was just thinking that actually! Sorry 4pool!
"We are focusing on supporting our manager"
women are totally insane, it's science.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: June 20, 2008, 09:41:50 pm »
Why do you assume that the stadium will be entirely paid for through loans?  A good chunk will be from equity financing which will be from advanced receipts of stadium sponsorship (a new revenue source so will have no detrimental impact on on going working capital requirements), deposits from advanced sales of corporate seats and possible deposits on pre-sales of the anfield plaza development.

The one key period the club have to ensure they get absolutely correct is the period of construction and the cash management over that period.  Once the stadium opens the strain on the clubs finances will reduce greatly.

As I keep banging on about, for Hicks'/Gilletts numbers to add up the stadium must be built, they won't make anything if the stadium isn't built, or atleast started if they sell up prior.

It takes our accountant to spot these things as well.

There should be no doubt of offsetting factors that will provide additional income with a new stadium. Such as naming rights.

Some can blurt on about 60 mil interest payments but have no financial numbers to back that up. ttnbd has gone through every annual accounts for a number of years and has shown what we are paying in interest. If he told me it would be 60 mil and that we'd struggle to pay it then i'd worry. But until then i'll take someones word who has done extensive research on our books. So far his posting do not reflect we are going to have the trouble others are adamant about.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: June 20, 2008, 09:43:39 pm »
was just thinking that actually! Sorry 4pool!

no problem.

I understand some get a bit heated and emotional.

Those that do should just cool the personal stuff..  ( not just towards me, anybody in any thread)

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: June 20, 2008, 09:57:00 pm »
With G&H struggling to get financing for the stadium, will people want to commit cash before the stadium is more advanced then it currently is?
Thinking is overrated.

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Light at the end of the tunnel?
« Reply #374 on: June 20, 2008, 10:15:30 pm »
Now i apologise to all if this has been posted but i have just looked round and couldn't see anything!

Liverpool co-owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks are attempting to mend their broken relationship.

The American pair have been at odds in a series of rows, with Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez also involved in differences behind the scenes.

Gillett had previously described his partnership with Hicks as "unworkable".

But he told Canadian radio station Fan590: "It's fair to say communication between the Hicks's and the Gilletts has been substantially improved."

Earlier this year, it was reported that Gillett had agreed to sell his stake in the club to Dubai International Capital, the investment arm of the Dubai government.

606: DEBATE
Can Gillett and Hicks work together again at Liverpool?

But he refused to say whether improved relations with Hicks meant he now wished to continue his involvement with the club.

Gillett said: "Time is a healer and there were things that had happened previously. It took a while for both of us to realise that we weren't communicating very well and the huge responsibility we have to the fans to do the right thing for the club."

Liverpool fans have been divided over which side to take during the Gillett-Hicks feud, with many unhappy with both parties.

Gillett admitted to being taken aback by the passion of the club's supporters but vowed to live up to his responsibility as joint custodian at Anfield.

We have to help Rafa Benitez try and be more competitive in the chase for the Premier League

Liverpool co-owner Tom Hicks

He said: "Soccer is the leading sport in the world and it's just shocking how popular Liverpool is. So it surprised me, but it really is an amazing responsibility.

"We've always felt that for the 40-plus years I've been around professional sport that we really hold these assets in trust for the fans and that we have an obligation to the fans."

Gillett insisted he was now concentrating on backing Benitez's attempts to improve on Liverpool's trophy-less campaign last season.

"All of us are focused on the transfer window and we want to be ready for that and we want to have adequate resources and good communication with Rafa and our hope is that we're making better progress, " he said.

"What did I think of last season's performance? I'd rather let the fans make that decision. But for a club that has a history of winning trophies, any season that you don't win one of the five or six trophies that we compete for, I suspect the fans, as well as the Hicks' and Gilletts, are disappointed.

"We have to help Rafa try and be more competitive in the chase for the Premier League."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/7466183.stm

all sonds like things are moving in the right direction.....again apologies if posted elsewhere... :wave

« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 10:17:57 pm by dudleyred »

Offline ALECTHERED

• Kopite
  • YNWA
Re: Light at the end of the tunnel?
« Reply #375 on: June 20, 2008, 10:22:35 pm »
Just means the two of them are going to be shafting us from now on, not just hicks.
WE are liverpool.YOU are playing for liverpool.do not forget that.You have to hold your heads up for the SUPPORTERS.

Offline kopite@m45

• A frightening peek inside the mind of a Tory voter... fuck me its roomy in here
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mo mo mo, Mo Sissoko
« Reply #376 on: June 20, 2008, 10:23:20 pm »
Which roughly translated means ' if we work together we can make some money. If we don't were f*cked'. My heart was genuinly touched by their concern.
A legendary dickhead, no less.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #377 on: June 20, 2008, 10:23:47 pm »
off the  pitch ;)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 10:31:07 pm by rocco »

Offline zimmy

• Anny Roader
« Reply #378 on: June 20, 2008, 10:44:06 pm »

There should be no doubt of offsetting factors that will provide additional income with a new stadium. Such as naming rights.

Some can blurt on about 60 mil interest payments but have no financial numbers to back that up. ttnbd has gone through every annual accounts for a number of years and has shown what we are paying in interest. If he told me it would be 60 mil and that we'd struggle to pay it then i'd worry. But until then i'll take someones word who has done extensive research on our books. So far his posting do not reflect we are going to have the trouble others are adamant about.

4pool i don't really want to get in to an argument with you as my sister says you and her are very nearly engaged. fuck in hell you better change your opinions brother in law. you seem to follow blindly what ttnbd says,personally i don't.
one thing the anfield plaza money, will that be like the returns from glorypark, absolutely zilch!!!

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: June 20, 2008, 11:13:44 pm »

Some can blurt on about 60 mil interest payments but have no financial numbers to back that up.

Where to start as usual.

So he's 'our' accountant is he?  bollax to that you clown.

Grant you your comment re new stadium.  But can you point me in the direction of where this new stadium is after a year and a half?  'cos I have to admit, I'm struggling to find the elusive fucker....

Anyone can 'blurt' about interest payments.  The problems start when the owners, aka the banks, start 'blurting' about them.

You're unbelievable.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: June 20, 2008, 11:16:06 pm »

To me, even last season, there wasn't any team better than us. Every time we took the pitch we had the players capable of beating the opposing side and that includes Man utd, Arsenal and Chelsea. This season it will be the same way. imho of course. We can do it if the players believe and get the job done.

Absolute fucking nonsense.  Did you see how the season ended up?

Unbelievable.

Offline Matt Rankin

• Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Bottom Feeder.
Peace Pact -BBCsports
« Reply #381 on: June 21, 2008, 12:58:27 am »
Liverpool pair attempt peace pact

Liverpool owners George Gillett (left) and Tom Hicks are in communication
Liverpool co-owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks are attempting to mend their broken relationship.
The American pair have been at odds in a series of rows, with Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez also involved in differences behind the scenes.
Gillett had previously described his partnership with Hicks as "unworkable".
But he told Canadian radio station Fan590: "It's fair to say communication between the Hicks's and the Gilletts has been substantially improved."
Earlier this year, it was reported that Gillett had agreed to sell his stake in the club to Dubai International Capital, the investment arm of the Dubai government.

But he refused to say whether improved relations with Hicks meant he now wished to continue his involvement with the club.
Gillett said: "Time is a healer and there were things that had happened previously. It took a while for both of us to realise that we weren't communicating very well and the huge responsibility we have to the fans to do the right thing for the club."
Liverpool fans have been divided over which side to take during the Gillett-Hicks feud, with many unhappy with both parties.
Gillett admitted to being taken aback by the passion of the club's supporters but vowed to live up to his responsibility as joint custodian at Anfield.

We have to help Rafa Benitez try and be more competitive in the chase for the Premier League
Liverpool co-owner Tom Hicks
He said: "Soccer is the leading sport in the world and it's just shocking how popular Liverpool is. So it surprised me, but it really is an amazing responsibility.
"We've always felt that for the 40-plus years I've been around professional sport that we really hold these assets in trust for the fans and that we have an obligation to the fans."
Gillett insisted he was now concentrating on backing Benitez's attempts to improve on Liverpool's trophy-less campaign last season.
"All of us are focused on the transfer window and we want to be ready for that and we want to have adequate resources and good communication with Rafa and our hope is that we're making better progress, " he said.
"What did I think of last season's performance? I'd rather let the fans make that decision. But for a club that has a history of winning trophies, any season that you don't win one of the five or six trophies that we compete for, I suspect the fans, as well as the Hicks' and Gilletts, are disappointed.
"We have to help Rafa try and be more competitive in the chase for the Premier League."

Can Gillett and Hicks work together again at Liverpool?

Time is a factor and EMPTY seats is the answer...

Offline Matt Rankin

• Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Bottom Feeder.
Re: Peace Pact -BBCsports
« Reply #382 on: June 21, 2008, 01:01:14 am »
I think they are are seeming all buddy like to up the value of the club, if they dont seem desperate to sell they can hold out for more cash.....

Still want them out. Just more lies if you ask me....
Time is a factor and EMPTY seats is the answer...

Offline Aldridge 8

• Schizophrenic.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: June 21, 2008, 01:02:06 am »
Hang on there wasnt warm and fuzzy uncle george selling to DIC the other week  , well just proves my point about that snide , and loads have fell for it , yes we all know what hicks is a big mouthed texan beaut , but at least he is up front not like the other snide who has conned everyone .

Offline a former tribune of the plebs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: June 21, 2008, 01:06:13 am »
Hang on there wasnt warm and fuzzy uncle george selling to DIC the other week  , well just proves my point about that snide , and loads have fell for it , yes we all know what hicks is a big mouthed texan beaut , but at least he is up front not like the other snide who has conned everyone .

for fucks sake...............

we want the YANKS OUT. 

there is no pro gillette agenda. If we win no 19 next year, i half expect you to be complaining at people for smiling in the vauge direction of GG or something

Offline Aldridge 8

• Schizophrenic.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: June 21, 2008, 01:09:39 am »
for fucks sake...............

we want the YANKS OUT. 

there is no pro gillette agenda. If we win no 19 next year, i half expect you to be complaining at people for smiling in the vauge direction of GG or something
we will agree to disagree on that , there has been an anti hicks and pro gillett agenda for a long time now .

Offline a former tribune of the plebs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: June 21, 2008, 01:13:42 am »
we will agree to disagree on that , there has been an anti hicks and pro gillett agenda for a long time now .

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• Will be very sadly missed on RAWK and elsewhere.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a proud cyber terrorist!
« Reply #387 on: June 21, 2008, 01:51:16 am »
I don't think it's as clear cut as the media are reporting.

Right at the beginning of the interview he said he wasn't going to say anything new.

For me the most telling part is what he didn't say.  When asked if he would sell his shares it was "no comment".

I think thats the only time he said that during the interview, mind you it was hard to tell he spent a lot of the time laughing like a garden fucking gnome. He seemed to like the fact that loads of Liverpool fans emailed into the show and acted all surprised.

Has he got shares in this radio station or something.

Come on G+H, if you are so sure you are doing the right thing by the fans and the club, why not go to liverpool and have a live debate on LFC.tv so everyone can put their views across about the future of the club.  Not on some radio station 1000's of miles away.

If you think you are so right, what are you worried about?  You'll have us fans in the palms of your hands.

After all we the fans have only the best interests of the club at the fore thought of our minds and is the only thing we care about.

So it will be the great break through, the meeting of fans and owners minds and we can go together into the future hand in hand.

Whats wrong?  Why won't you do it? Of course the fans know why you wouldn't, and you have a right to be worried you will both be fucking lynched from flag pole corner.

The only people that have the club at heart is us the fans, Rafa and the players.

How dare you ruin our dreams, team and our trust.

It's unforgivable.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 10:32:50 am by FanXabitastic »
http://twitter.com/Fanxxxxtastic

"A big heart has space for everyone" - Rafa Benitez

Smash the cull!  Smash the BNP!

Offline grobb

• Main Stander
« Reply #388 on: June 21, 2008, 03:06:23 am »
typical good cop bad cop play acting and don't they know it, DIC did not buy it, not spending over the odds to make the pryanks richer for nothing after just a year of no work no show

jut who do they think they are, playing call my bluff with our club

imo it was all a part of a cunning plan to get maximum profits out of DIC but they were found out

gg coming out again (its always the quieter ones that shock) could mean 3 things

1, hog's plan didn't work out for close season and with next seasn approaching and nothing happening on the for sale front , they probably don't want to fck up anothe rseasn with squablings for buisness image reputation
they were bluffing with their antagonistic ways

2, for gg there is no way out in the short term, so h has to jump in on the hicks band wagon
and co-operate running (releasing funds for tansfers) the club for future success

3, a sign for dic to come in later on in the season and for that to happen the twats need to be communicatingand running the club

anyway i can't see any thing happening for the next season, looks like parry is on his way out as the yanks are communicating and not to be trusted

gg did not coment on for sale and did not deny it wasn't (probably because of not upsetting hicks) and it would be iteresting to see if dic come out with their position now

Offline heatseeker

• Kopite
  • Step by step...
« Reply #389 on: June 21, 2008, 06:21:06 am »

If you have followed along the financial trail you would start to understand. So read these:

and this one

Hi 4pool,

You love Liverpool , club and city, do you ever get tired of pissing into the wind ?

You put your time into us and get shit all in return, you defend those who do a lot less than yourself and they rake the cash in hand over fist, whereas you have nothing to gain.

I suppose that's why I admire your integrity when others want your blood, it's why Liverpool has prospered against all odds and it's why we are and always will be unique.

There's no place on this planet, quite like Merseyside - Jegsy Dodd

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #390 on: June 21, 2008, 06:46:41 am »
^ Bizarre.

Offline Endoe

• Legacy Fan
  • A liverbird on my chest
« Reply #391 on: June 21, 2008, 06:53:36 am »

4pool

True, all the debt is not on the club but 'Kop Holdings', using LFC as collateral, so anything that negatively happens to Kop Holdins (or whatever it's called) Money will come from the club to fix the problem-eg. falling short of financial forecasts.

Now where and how to get the funds to balance the books? Selling players, Is a first guess, the list could go on. I'm no financial genius but am I wrong in thinking a company called Kop Holdings is there for the benefit of LFC, or if things go bad will be detrimental  to LFC?

So, no the money is not all on LFC but some on the club the rest on Kop Holdings. Let's be honest 4pool thing aren't looking great at the current moment. No Stadium built (60 days spades stc, owners falling out/majking up, reports we've next to no money for tranfers etc)

Or it all a smokescreen :P

Also, I'm sure you have you reasons to believe in these two, but on past form (lie after lie) why do you still back them? Patriotism to a country you weren't ven born in iff I recall? Appreciate your answer.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 06:57:24 am by Endoe »

Offline redrockydennis

• Annie Wilkes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • gonna paint me jarg wheelie bin purple
« Reply #392 on: June 21, 2008, 09:09:55 am »
4pool - controversy for the sake of it, enjoys defending the indefensible.

facts speak for themselves.

everything we were promised, has not been delivered.

we have been lied to on numberous occasions.

it has affected the club throughout.

yet still you defend twit and twat.

a pointless exercise unless you just enjoy arguing and winding people up.
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes,
of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

Offline coffeehead

• A Lack Of Real Spice In His Life
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: June 21, 2008, 09:52:37 am »

It's like you live in this whole other world all to yourself.  :butt

Offline HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: June 21, 2008, 09:56:20 am »
typical good cop bad cop play acting and don't they know it, DIC did not buy it, not spending over the odds to make the pryanks richer for nothing after just a year of no work no show

jut who do they think they are, playing call my bluff with our club

imo it was all a part of a cunning plan to get maximum profits out of DIC but they were found out

The 'make over' after the 'breakup'. 

That was my Freudian slip whilst discussing the scenario with my husband last night. I meant to say the 'make up' and unconsciously came up with 'make over'. ;) We both thought it was more fitting a description, as this drama has all been carefully staged by both Yanks all along. As you said, good cop, bad cop. The sooner we all realise this the better.
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline Aldridge 8

• Schizophrenic.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: June 21, 2008, 09:58:21 am »

It's like you live in this whole other world all to yourself.  :butt
are you talking about your world because if you cant see that there has been an anti hicks and pro gillett agenda then you are deluded . 

Offline coffeehead

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #396 on: June 21, 2008, 10:14:20 am »

and this one

With respect, you are seeing things therein that aren't necessarily there, and missing stuff that is. besides, everyone has a stance on these things and proffers their point with the spin needed to support that, even 'our accountant'.

Put plainly things are not as jolly as you make them out and they're a lot less jolly than they should - and could - have been.

Like I said, I cannot for the life of me see why you are happy with the current situation- given the fact that you claim to be a true Red. If you were to say you weren't happy but you are trying to keep positive then I'd understand you; sympathise even. But you seem to be genuinely pleased that:

a) we owe 350m when it isn't necessary and there were/are other ways
b) we have to pay all the interest on that, when that isn't necessary and there were/are other ways
c) we have to face yet another re-financing in around a years time, the upshot of which we cannot predict and with all the uncertainty and bad publicity that will entail
d) we have a financial model that requires regular, successful CL campaigns without the requisite transfer input, at a time when are our current rivals and other putative neo-rivals are all planning to spend heavily
e) we have a model that is 100% reliant on the successful completion of a new stadium to work, and which banks on the fact that that stadium will provide the revenues we need - not a foregone conclusion by any means.
f) we have a model which, to make sense  -at least in the short term - is geared toward attaining a certain level of success (4th place?) but which is demonstrably not able to fund the push needed to become regular winners
g) we have owners who have no record of owning top level successful teams and, in fact, whose record tends to be the opposite
h) we have owners who have no money of their own to put into the club and wouldn't put it in even if they had, as evinced by the fact that when asked by everyone from Goldman Sachs to RBS to put some equity into the club they fought it tooth and nail and finally compromised on loaning us money, thus simply increasing our debt
i) we have owners who don't get on and probably never will do in the way needed to make a success of their tenure
j) we have owners who don't know how to run a football team and wouldn't know a successful manager if they fell over him
k) we have owners who are liars

There's no way that anyone can claim that our current situation is a good one to be in. Again if you were to claim, as some do here, that we're in a bit of a hole but you're trying to keep optimistic then fair enough. But why are you glad thing are the way they are? Don't you want the best for your team?

Offline coffeehead

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: June 21, 2008, 10:15:01 am »
are you talking about your world because if you cant see that there has been an anti hicks and pro gillett agenda then you are deluded .
*beggaring belief*  :o :o

Offline Aldridge 8

• Schizophrenic.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: June 21, 2008, 10:37:15 am »
*beggaring belief*  :o :o
i honestly cant believe you , please take off those SoS glasses , because gillett has conned the supporters because  a majority believed wrongly in my opinion that gillett was to sell in a certain time to DIC , so the venom was turned on hicks , and its was good old uncle George he is to sell to DIC , well you have all fell for it , but you in your SoS world cant see this , this is why possibly the club is in the state it is in , its OK coming out with sound bite IE yanks out so on and so on , but supporters think it means hicks not gillett , because snide gillett was to sell to Dubai well he hasn't and in my opinion will not , what the famous quote see no evil  hear no evil  i think that applies here .

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: June 21, 2008, 10:43:42 am »
I think the general concencus is that Hicks is the worst of the two, but that neither are wanted. There is no pro Gillet agenda from what i read, just that he is not hated as much as Hicks.

Thinking is overrated.