Author Topic: Youth and Under 23 Thread  (Read 12386033 times)

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
Re: So what are these Youth/Reserve Lads like?
« Reply #6760 on: January 29, 2009, 09:07:38 pm »
we were the team that looked like winning with 10 minutes to go

good performances from spearing, kelly, el zhar, pacheco, en gog

vincent and victor palsson also showed good touches when comming on

we need to give pacheco some game time in the first team to see if he can provide the creative spark we are missing

Offline JoeTwerp

• Leader of the Maryland Vigilante Child Army. Mayor of Twerpville. Population 2
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6761 on: January 29, 2009, 09:09:12 pm »
I was hoping that we would have brought Antwi on for Degen and moved Kelly out to the right, just so he could show off his versatility

Offline Mr_Morosoph

• Moaning bed wetter, cry wanks for Torres
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6762 on: January 29, 2009, 09:14:31 pm »
do like the look of Palsson and for whoever it was that asked I believe his father is from Portugal

N'Gog might not look very good but at least he wasn't invisible like Simon.

Once we get Huth or San Jose back, I think Palsson and Spearing together could run a show quite nicely with Pacheco operating in the hole behind somebody, maybe Eccleston?

Simon was probably invisible to you because his strike partner barely gave him a touch. When Simon got the ball he done the sensible thing and layed the ball off to others in better positions whereas N'gog wanted to do everything himself and usually lost the ball. Of course he's going to look "busier"
"I was pleased also with Peter Crouch. We have been talking to him, before and after his nose operation, to show more confidence with his heading.

"Now it seems to have worked. Lets say that if he has a few games without scoring again, maybe we should arrange to break his nose again."

Rafa.

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6763 on: January 29, 2009, 09:17:14 pm »
Spearing is practically smashing the first team door down now, looks such a level headed and composed player. Really does deserve a crack in the first team considering some of the dross being served up by other first team players recently.

Would have no fear of Spearing struggling at the top level in all honesty, and I think he is the type of player to thrive when surrounded by better players.

Offline JoeTwerp

• Leader of the Maryland Vigilante Child Army. Mayor of Twerpville. Population 2
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6764 on: January 29, 2009, 09:19:41 pm »
Spearing is practically smashing the first team door down now, looks such a level headed and composed player. Really does deserve a crack in the first team considering some of the dross being served up by other first team players recently.

Would have no fear of Spearing struggling at the top level in all honesty, and I think he is the type of player to thrive when surrounded by better players.

where would he play? ahead of Alonso or Mascherano?

Offline mariov77

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6765 on: January 29, 2009, 09:21:05 pm »
Simon was probably invisible to you because his strike partner barely gave him a touch. When Simon got the ball he done the sensible thing and layed the ball off to others in better positions whereas N'gog wanted to do everything himself and usually lost the ball. Of course he's going to look "busier"

I agree . Ngo was at the wrong places and keep losing the ball
The past was amazing the future looks scary...

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6766 on: January 29, 2009, 09:21:14 pm »

lucas

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
« Reply #6767 on: January 29, 2009, 09:23:59 pm »
So is N'gog improving ?
Goodbye & thank you Rafa. You've given us more than we ever had a right to expect from you and you stayed loyal and fought for us even when some of our own turned on you. I truly hope that you find somewhere with the support that you deserve & win everything in sight.

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6768 on: January 29, 2009, 09:27:50 pm »

They don't start every match do they? Stick him on the bench and give him 15-20 minute cameo's to start with and then lets see how he does. I think he will thrive in that environment playing with the top lads, where some young lads struggle. Lucas has been given ample opportunities to stake a claim for first team football, and Spearing is more than deserving of a similar opportunity.

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6769 on: January 29, 2009, 09:27:52 pm »
So is N'gog improving ?

i am a big fan of ngog and think he has done well in the last 2 reserve games
hopefully he will be sub on sunday and next wednesday

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6770 on: January 29, 2009, 09:29:09 pm »

I truly believe given the chance he'd make it in the 1st team , hopefully alongside Alonso and Gerrard in Midfield ( when Masch is resting/Injured)
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Offline Mr_Morosoph

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6771 on: January 29, 2009, 09:31:33 pm »
So is N'gog improving ?

Doesn't look that way to me, others would disagree because he scored twice last week. Nemeth is a much better all-round player than him in my opinion.
"I was pleased also with Peter Crouch. We have been talking to him, before and after his nose operation, to show more confidence with his heading.

"Now it seems to have worked. Lets say that if he has a few games without scoring again, maybe we should arrange to break his nose again."

Rafa.

Offline LFCfan4Life

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6772 on: January 29, 2009, 09:34:33 pm »
or because he's actually looking better there - he can provide from deep better than anyone at that level

i think he will before play just behind the striker but putting him in midfield is a great way to get him stronger + sharper quicker
Two bulls, one old and one young, standing at the top of a field watching a herd of cows. The young one says, "hey let's run down and fuck one of them", and the older one says, "patience, let's walk down and fuck them all".

JUSTICE 4 THE 96.

Offline T-Bone

• Kopite
  • Oh, it's got cachet, baby!
« Reply #6773 on: January 29, 2009, 10:00:02 pm »
So we've got a right-sided Aurelio as well. Great!

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #6774 on: January 29, 2009, 10:04:04 pm »
El Zhar was good but no end product, Ngog got into some promising postions but again, no finish. Weijl hit a couple of good passes when he came on, didn't see enough of Palsson, er, I mean Victor Palsson ( ;)) to be able to make a judgement.

why 'again no finish'?  he scored two last time out, didn't he?

Offline El_Macca_17

• Legacy Fan
  • Out here on the perimeter there are no stars.
« Reply #6775 on: January 29, 2009, 10:06:37 pm »
I was comparing him to El Zhar.
"The future's uncertain and the end is always near."

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #6776 on: January 29, 2009, 10:09:22 pm »
Doesn't look that way to me, others would disagree because he scored twice last week. Nemeth is a much better all-round player than him in my opinion.

i think nemeth is more of a number 10 and n'gog a number 9 - different types of strikers and to be fair to n'gog nemeth didn't look half as good in the last game though i know he is coming back from injury.

or was coming back from injury until some qpr twat injured him again.

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #6777 on: January 29, 2009, 10:11:49 pm »
I was comparing him to El Zhar.

furry muff sir

Offline Mr_Morosoph

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6778 on: January 29, 2009, 10:18:55 pm »
i think nemeth is more of a number 10 and n'gog a number 9 - different types of strikers and to be fair to n'gog nemeth didn't look half as good in the last game though i know he is coming back from injury.

or was coming back from injury until some qpr twat injured him again.

Nemeth is better outside the box and he's a much better finisher than N'gog aswell, I'm not even going to say "in my opinion" this time in the following sentence. Nemeth IS a much better all-round player than N'gog.

Rafa.

Offline El_Macca_17

• Legacy Fan
  • Out here on the perimeter there are no stars.
« Reply #6779 on: January 29, 2009, 10:20:46 pm »
"The future's uncertain and the end is always near."

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #6780 on: January 29, 2009, 10:50:03 pm »
Nemeth is better outside the box and he's a much better finisher than N'gog aswell, I'm not even going to say "in my opinion" this time in the following sentence. Nemeth IS a much better all-round player than N'gog.

i'm not going to argue about that but i refer the honorable member to my previous answer:  nemeth is a number 10 and n'gog is a number 9

Offline LFCfan4Life

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6781 on: January 30, 2009, 12:33:54 am »
i'm not going to argue about that but i refer the honorable member to my previous answer:  nemeth is a number 10 and n'gog is a number 9

is ngog good enough to be in our future starting line?

are nemeth and pacheco? if you ask me these two look like a much much more exciting number 9+10 pairing

sorry if i sound like the voyeur but if only these two could have got some games for us in the Carling cup etc
Two bulls, one old and one young, standing at the top of a field watching a herd of cows. The young one says, "hey let's run down and fuck one of them", and the older one says, "patience, let's walk down and fuck them all".

JUSTICE 4 THE 96.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #6782 on: January 30, 2009, 12:51:26 am »
are nemeth and pacheco? if you ask me these two look like a much much more exciting number 9+10 pairing

For me they're both number 10s. Nemeth has progressed further than Pacheco at the moment, and whilst I believe they will both make it here, Pacheco looks like he could possibly become 1 of the very best footballers on the planet in 4 or 5 years.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #6783 on: January 30, 2009, 07:59:56 am »
How good is coverage for reserve games on LFCTV? Is it all reserve games or just home/selected games? Thinking of getting Setanta.

Offline TK

• Main Stander
  • JFT96 YNWA
« Reply #6784 on: January 30, 2009, 08:11:26 am »
How good is coverage for reserve games on LFCTV? Is it all reserve games or just home/selected games? Thinking of getting Setanta.

they show most of the ressies games, what they dont cover live there is always a weekly round up so you need not miss any of the highlights.

Youth is equally well covered.

I quite like Setanta to be honest - it has an ammaturosh feel over sky, but then they really dont have the clear bias of Sky.

But they also show UFC - winner for me.

Good value for a tenner - much better than Sly.

imo

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #6785 on: January 30, 2009, 08:14:22 am »

Offline Manila Kop

• TRYING HARD TO FIT IN OOTER
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Greatest Fighter in the World
« Reply #6786 on: January 30, 2009, 08:44:56 am »
Quote from: Liverpool Daily Post
Hungarian striker Krisztian Nemeth will undergo an operation after fracturing a cheekbone while making his debut for Blackpool in their 3-0 defeat to Queens Park Rangers on Tuesday night.

Reserve forward Nemeth started a one-month loan stint with the Coca-Cola Championship outfit on January 26, but will now return to Liverpool and is expected to be sidelined for six weeks.

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2009/01/30/we-have-a-fantastic-opportunity-rafa-benitez-64375-22815474/2/
The infallible wank stain
Lolzies. More chance of a wank off the pope than beating United, I'm afraid. It is beyond Benitez, apart from when they were at their lowest ebb, when we knocked them out of the FA Cup. They certainly aren't anywhere near there now.

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #6787 on: January 30, 2009, 09:06:33 am »
is ngog good enough to be in our future starting line?

sorry if i sound like the voyeur but if only these two could have got some games for us in the Carling cup etc

well n'gog has been in our starting line up and also for full a season at paris st germain.

both nemeth and pacheco are outstanding prospects but we've yet to see them do it for the first team excluding pre-season.

if we're using a crystal ball why not all three with pacheco at the tip of a midfield diamond and n'gog/nemeth up front?

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6788 on: January 30, 2009, 09:17:07 am »

Probably not one of them.... but don't we have another midfielder.... quiet game during the week... looks a bit like Craig Bellamy in a wig?

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #6789 on: January 30, 2009, 10:27:11 am »
^of course, cos Mascherano is playing much better then Lucas, I mean he's having a great season, been really leading our title charge :|
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline JoeTwerp

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6790 on: January 30, 2009, 11:51:40 am »
For me they're both number 10s. Nemeth has progressed further than Pacheco at the moment, and whilst I believe they will both make it here, Pacheco looks like he could possibly become 1 of the very best footballers on the planet in 4 or 5 years.

if your talking 4 to 5 years. LDV would be my pick for "who among the current crop of players in the club has the best chance of starting in the "#10 position in 5 years time"?

Offline IOMRed

• Kopite
  • We all dream of a team of Carraghers
« Reply #6791 on: January 30, 2009, 11:54:52 am »
Anyone know how Degen did last night? See he only played 45 mins, is this a sign he might be on the bench on Sunday?
Fernando Torres, Liverpool's no. 9. His armband proved he was a red, Torres, Torres, you'll never walk alone it said, Torres, Torres, we bought the lad from sunny Spain, he gets the ball and scores again, Fernando Torres, Liverpool's no. 9.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #6792 on: January 30, 2009, 12:01:43 pm »
Anyone know how Degen did last night? See he only played 45 mins, is this a sign he might be on the bench on Sunday?

Think there's mixed reports over whether he went off injured or not. Pretty sure he won't be on the bench on sunday anynway.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline kingz

• Anny Roader
« Reply #6793 on: January 30, 2009, 12:38:53 pm »

I wish pacheco was older
we need a player of his ability on the first team

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6794 on: January 30, 2009, 12:42:46 pm »
I particularly enjoyed listening to their in-bred vermin going through their reportoire of anti-scouse songs. 'Murderers', 'Sign on', 'You scouse bastards'. It was all there. At a reserve game. ::) :wanker

Offline IOMRed

• Kopite
  • We all dream of a team of Carraghers
« Reply #6795 on: January 30, 2009, 12:48:59 pm »
I particularly enjoyed listening to their in-bred vermin going through their reportoire of anti-scouse songs. 'Murderers', 'Sign on', 'You scouse bastards'. It was all there. At a reserve game. ::) :wanker
Do you know that is really depressing, when my young lad is old enough I've thought reserves games would be an ideal place to take him when he's not quite old or big enough for 45,000 at Anfield. How sad a world we live in.
Fernando Torres, Liverpool's no. 9. His armband proved he was a red, Torres, Torres, you'll never walk alone it said, Torres, Torres, we bought the lad from sunny Spain, he gets the ball and scores again, Fernando Torres, Liverpool's no. 9.

Offline Greg

• RAWK Statto
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.twitter.com/@paintbox_
« Reply #6796 on: January 30, 2009, 02:35:49 pm »
Heard some interesting snippet about Jay Spearing yesterday. From someone at Melwood.

Apparently Carragher had asked Rafa at Melwood to give him a game (not sure what position he was talking about). Carra had said something along the lines of "give Spearing a go. I will cover him and look after him".

Rafa kept saying "he's too small, he's too small".

If Rafa thinks he's too small now - and assuming he's not gonna get any taller - his days at Anfield look to be over.

Offline Crouchy

• Legacy Fan
  • Vamos!
« Reply #6797 on: January 30, 2009, 03:00:21 pm »
El Zhar was on a different level to others on the pitch Yesterday.  Great touch and skill.

Offline Mooncat Sundog

• Kemlynite
  • Not since yesterday has today been so fine!
« Reply #6798 on: January 30, 2009, 03:08:27 pm »
Heard some interesting snippet about Jay Spearing yesterday. From someone at Melwood.

Apparently Carragher had asked Rafa at Melwood to give him a game (not sure what position he was talking about). Carra had said something along the lines of "give Spearing a go. I will cover him and look after him".

If Rafa thinks he's too small now - and assuming he's not gonna get any taller - his days at Anfield look to be over.

That would be a real shame if true.  I also do not think Rafa would ever rule a player out due to height.  Surely he would be looking for more from him before he got his chance.  Rafa played Aimar in Spain, Garcia was never ruled out over height and Owen would have played if he had stayed.  Spearing though i have not seen him this season will just have to develop his game.  Mascherano and insua are also players that play that are blessed with height if being short is your thing.  It sure works for me and I am a bit of a twat.
Yes you can quote me on that.

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #6799 on: January 30, 2009, 03:12:47 pm »

Not buying that. There is a marginal difference between his height and Mascherano's. A difference so small that it would have absolutely no affect on the decision to play him or not. They both play in the same position, they're both short.

Spearing probably isn't getting games because he's just not that good.

Anyways, if there is any truth in that, Carragher would be better looking after his own game the way he's playing this season.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society