Author Topic: Youth and Under 23 Thread  (Read 12354440 times)

Offline Mr_Morosoph

• Moaning bed wetter, cry wanks for Torres
  • Legacy Fan
Re: So what are these Youth/Reserve Lads like?
« Reply #6680 on: January 28, 2009, 07:33:18 pm »
England U17 Head Coach John Peacock has named an 18-man squad for the trip to Portugal for the Algarve Tournament next month.

The competition will act as preparation for March's Elite Round of qualifying for the European U17 Championship in Hungary, which sees them competing with Serbia, Hungary and Portugal for a place in this summer's Finals in Germany.

There will be something of a dress rehearsal for one of those games too, as the Algarve Tournament will pit the Young Lions against opposition from hosts Portugal, as well as games with France and Israel.

Peacock's squad contains four new faces at U17 level, with striker Benik Afobe, defender Louis Laing (pictured) and goalkeeper Sam Johnstone all making the step up from the U16 squad, whilst Liverpool midfielder Thomas Ince is called up for the first time.

The Young Lions face Portugal in their first game in Albufeira on Saturday 21 February, before taking on France in Lagos the following day. The final game is with Israel in Ferreiras on Tuesday 24 February.

http://www.thefa.com/England/U17s/NewsAndFeatures/Postings/U17s_algarve_squad_09.htm

Well done Tom.
"I was pleased also with Peter Crouch. We have been talking to him, before and after his nose operation, to show more confidence with his heading.

"Now it seems to have worked. Lets say that if he has a few games without scoring again, maybe we should arrange to break his nose again."

Rafa.

Offline Manila Kop

• TRYING HARD TO FIT IN OOTER
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Greatest Fighter in the World
« Reply #6681 on: January 29, 2009, 01:40:28 am »
Well done young master Ince!
The infallible wank stain
Lolzies. More chance of a wank off the pope than beating United, I'm afraid. It is beyond Benitez, apart from when they were at their lowest ebb, when we knocked them out of the FA Cup. They certainly aren't anywhere near there now.

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6682 on: January 29, 2009, 03:24:57 am »
I thought Ince was 18/19?

Offline zeropdd

• Main Stander
« Reply #6683 on: January 29, 2009, 03:26:19 am »
Nemeth injured?

..what a surprise.

Offline Mother.F

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6684 on: January 29, 2009, 03:35:58 am »
http://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10432~1536575,00.html

He'll just get one of those phantom of the opera masks though, no?

That's really too bad. It was only a one month loan right? If he's out for 6 weeks he wont even get to play for them.

Feel bad for Fran Duran as well. 6 months... Poor kid.

Nice to hear about Ince though.

Offline Shaded Red

• Anny Roader
« Reply #6685 on: January 29, 2009, 10:53:22 am »
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N163036090129-0939.htm

ABLETT: LET'S HAVE MORE OF THE SAME
Steve Hunter 29 January 2009

Gary Ablett is hoping his reserve team can build on last week's return to winning ways against Middlesbrough when they take on Manchester United tonight – a game you can watch live on LFC TV from 6.30pm GMT.
David Ngog's two goals saw Ablett's men back on the victory trail after four previous games without a win.

United are second from bottom in the Barclays Premier Reserve League North table and lost 2-1 to Blackburn Rovers on Monday night.

They have four games in hand over Ablett's team, but the coach is hoping his side can put one over Ole Gunnar Solsjkaer's side tonight.

"The win over Middlesbrough was very pleasing," Ablett told Liverpoolfc.tv.

"We showed an improved attitude and desire to win the game. We have worked hard in training since Christmas and it was pleasing to see us win the game.

"Jay Spearing did ever so well at centre half because we were short of numbers but we will get him back in central midfield now.

"Martin Kelly is fit again to play which is a boost for us. We are starting to get a couple of lads back now. Gary Mackay Steven and Ryan Crowther are training again.

"We are looking forward to playing Manchester United which are always fantastic games.

"We have played United twice already this season. They beat us 3-2 in the Lancashire Senior Cup final and then they beat us 2-1 in a friendly up in Carrington so hopefully we can win tonight.

"The games are always very close and very competitive but played at the right spirit.

"I don't think you will see too many seniors playing in this game so it's a chance for the young players to go out there and show what they've got.

"It's very misleading to see United near the bottom of the league. They are in a false position and won’t be there for long.

"We also hope now we’ve got a win we can go forward and climb higher and higher up the table. We still aim to finish as high as we can."

Missing from Ablett's team will be Hungarian striker Krisztian Nemeth who is on a month's loan with Championship side Blackpool.

"It's a great chance for Krisztian to get some experience and a further stage in his development," he said.

"He had a good season for us last year culminating in him scoring at Anfield in our final game against Aston Villa.

"He did well in pre-season with the first team and then picked up an unfortunate injury on international duty which made him miss the first few months of the season.

"He has looked a little bit rusty in the games he has played since his return but now we just feel he needs to play at a higher level and Blackpool will give him that chance.

"Blackpool try and play the right way and he is in very good hands working with Tony Parkes.

"Blackpool do create a lot of chances so hopefully Krisztian can score some goals for them. He will score his fair share of goals if they give him some service.

"It's also good that it's local so we can keep a close eye on him. It’s not far from where I live so I will go and watch him play."

Fellow striker Craig Lindfield has also gone out on loan to Accrington Stanley. He had a difficult spell at Bournemouth in the first half of this season when he didn't feature many times in the first XI, but Ablett is hoping he will get a chance under John Coleman.

"He scored against Accrington while on loan at Notts County last season so we are hoping Craig can go and do himself justice," he added.

"He has not had the best of luck. We want to see the young lads playing at a higher level and unfortunately he hasn't played as much football as he'd have liked, but his attitude is always top class, so fingers crossed for Craig that he can go and create a really good impression there."

Meanwhile, Ablett has suffered a blow with the news that summer signing Nikola Saric suffered a further injury setback.

The Danish youth international hasn't kicked a ball since his arrival from local side Herfolge.

"Nikola was training with us just before the Christmas break and he looked a very good player," said Ablett.

"Unfortunately he then suffered a reaction to training in his knee and it wasn't quite right.

"We are probably looking at another four to six weeks before we can get him back on the training field.

"It's been unfortunate for the lad. We are just hoping we can get him back in action before the end of the season so he can show what he can do."

Offline i_wun_bite

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6686 on: January 29, 2009, 11:41:45 am »
i've not been following the ressies. what's happened to them this season? they are near the bottome of the table!

Offline momo22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6687 on: January 29, 2009, 11:44:26 am »
I thought Ince was 18/19?

17 tomorrow he is mate.
Now you think Ronald McDonald gonna go down to the basement and say, "Hey Mr. Nugget - you the bomb. We sellin' chicken faster than you can tear the bone out. So I'm gonna write my clowney ass name on this fat-ass cheque for you."

Offline Helsinki Red

• ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6688 on: January 29, 2009, 11:48:16 am »
Is Saric unlucky or injury prone?

Offline wednesday25052005

• Kopite
  • JFT96
« Reply #6689 on: January 29, 2009, 12:35:12 pm »
i've not been following the ressies. what's happened to them this season? they are near the bottome of the table!

Playing the mancs tonight, it's live on LFCTV as well - I think

royhendo

« Reply #6690 on: January 29, 2009, 12:48:43 pm »
Is Saric unlucky or injury prone?

Why what's happened to Saric mate?

Offline Helsinki Red

• ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6691 on: January 29, 2009, 12:52:53 pm »
Why what's happened to Saric mate?

"Meanwhile, Ablett has suffered a blow with the news that summer signing Nikola Saric suffered a further injury setback.

The Danish youth international hasn't kicked a ball since his arrival from local side Herfolge.

"Nikola was training with us just before the Christmas break and he looked a very good player," said Ablett.

"Unfortunately he then suffered a reaction to training in his knee and it wasn't quite right.

"We are probably looking at another four to six weeks before we can get him back on the training field.

"It's been unfortunate for the lad. We are just hoping we can get him back in action before the end of the season so he can show what he can do."

royhendo

« Reply #6692 on: January 29, 2009, 12:54:01 pm »
Jesus we're under a hex just now aren't we?!

Offline -Sad Fuck-

• ... is rather queer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tiny dancer
« Reply #6693 on: January 29, 2009, 02:51:05 pm »
As Gary Ablett's reserves psych themselves up for tonight's trip to Manchester United, we continue our series taking a closer look at our second string youngsters.
Today we're talking to Spanish prodigy Daniel Pacheco, who arrived on Merseyside in the summer of 2007.

The 18-year-old hasn't featured in competitive action for the first team, but earned rave reviews for his performances during pre-season.

Pacheco's transfer continued a trend of teenagers leaving Barcelona for the Premier League.

With youngsters in Spain unable to sign professional contracts until the age of 18, starlets such as Cesc Fabregas, Gerard Pique, Francisco Merida and now Pacheco have all been snapped up by English clubs.

The forward is a regular for Liverpool Reserves, scoring on his first start against Bolton and helping them win the league in 2007-08.

What he lacks in height he makes up for in skill, weaving his magic between the lines.

Pacheco has also represented Spain Under-17s, for whom he bagged a hat-trick against San Marino in October 2007.

daniel pacheco

Who is your best friend in the dressing room?

Gerardo Bruna.

If you could take three things to a desert island?

My girlfriend and two more friends from back home.

Can you cook?

No, my family cooks for me. Pasta and meat.

Who is the longest in the shower among the ressies?

Emiliano Insua.

Favourite music?

Pop - Rihanna or things like that.

Career highlight?

Playing for Liverpool!

What are your strengths?

Playing between the lines.

Weaknesses?

I think I need to get stronger.

Favourite sport other than football?

Tennis - though I don't play much here.

Who has been the biggest influence on your career?

My brother. I was at Malaga and he was there too with the second team. He had an opportunity to go with the first team, but at the same time I had the chance to go with Barcelona. Malaga said that if I went, my brother would also be out. But I had to go to Barcelona.

At least one of our gems hasn't had any bad injuries :)

BTW, is there a squad list for tonight's reserve game anywhere? Would like to see Dalla Valle in it.
hi

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #6694 on: January 29, 2009, 02:58:28 pm »
No insult or offense to anyone.

But won't Nemeth be better off playing regular football as the main, or one of the main strikers, in a team somewhere else in a competitive league?

Offline Manila Kop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6695 on: January 29, 2009, 03:27:43 pm »
No insult or offense to anyone.

But won't Nemeth be better off playing regular football as the main, or one of the main strikers, in a team somewhere else in a competitive league?

Don't know why people would take offense to that mate, but I thought that was the whole point of loaning him to Blackpool?  Or did you mean similar to Premiereship level in another country such as La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A, etc.?
Lolzies. More chance of a wank off the pope than beating United, I'm afraid. It is beyond Benitez, apart from when they were at their lowest ebb, when we knocked them out of the FA Cup. They certainly aren't anywhere near there now.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #6696 on: January 29, 2009, 03:33:56 pm »
Don't know why people would take offense to that mate, but I thought that was the whole point of loaning him to Blackpool?  Or did you mean similar to Premiereship level in another country such as La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A, etc.?
Yes, that's what I meant - hence hoping it won't offense anyone.  In my opinion, he is going to find it difficult to break into the first team unless all our main strikers are down with injury (God forbid!).   Aplayer of his claiber and ambition, who can be a perennial starter well in his 30's for Hungary, could probably gain more experience playing weekly in a top or middle team elsewhere.

Offline Manila Kop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6697 on: January 29, 2009, 03:37:58 pm »
I suppose there's a selfish element there because we want to keep Nemeth for Liverpool.  I know some of the Hungarian lads will agree with you that playing for our reserves was stunting his development.  But I think most of the people on RAWK support loaning him out as the best compromise - Liverpool will reap the benefits of his experience while Nemeth gets valuable match time to prove himself at a level above the reserves.  Sadly injury has prevented us from seeing how that would work out, but I don't think it's too late for him to make cameo appearances later on at the end of the season as we did with Insua in the previous seasons.

Offline Manila Kop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6698 on: January 29, 2009, 04:00:25 pm »
Quote from: Liverpoolfc.tv
DEGEN STARTS FOR RESERVES - WATCH LIVE
Jimmy Rice 29 January 2009

Philipp Degen will start his first game for more than two months when the reserves take on Manchester United this evening. You can watch the match live online via LFC TV from 6.30pm GMT.

The Swiss right-back has suffered a series of injuries since arriving on a free in the summer but hopes to take a step closer to first-team football by coming through tonight's game in Altringham unscathed.

The team in full is: Gulacsi, Degen, Darby (cap), Kelly, Spearing, Plessis, El Zhar, Pacheco, Ngog, Simon, Bruna. Subs: Antwi, Bouzanis, Mendy, Palsson, Weijl.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N163056090129-1555.htm

Offline JoeTwerp

• Leader of the Maryland Vigilante Child Army. Mayor of Twerpville. Population 2
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6699 on: January 29, 2009, 04:14:28 pm »
Pacheco playing that attacking mid role again.    Spearing at centre half over Antwi is interesting (is Ayala hurt?) and not a lot of attacking options on the bench, where is Flora?

I am actually a bit angry that Ablett would play Spearing at centre half in a reserve match. What is the point?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 04:16:28 pm by JoeTerp »

Offline Scribble8

• Bad WUM. Nu hållar sin käft, jävla wumjävel......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6700 on: January 29, 2009, 05:22:26 pm »
Can't agree JoeTerp. It's great to have Spearing at CB, with his great vision and crosses. Last game the la was brilliant.
Lets hope we beat Scums, most important play well.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 05:27:08 pm by Scribble8 »

Offline dmn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6701 on: January 29, 2009, 05:51:05 pm »
Pacheco playing that attacking mid role again.    Spearing at centre half over Antwi is interesting (is Ayala hurt?) and not a lot of attacking options on the bench, where is Flora?

I am actually a bit angry that Ablett would play Spearing at centre half in a reserve match. What is the point?
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N163036090129-0939.htm

"Jay Spearing did ever so well at centre half because we were short of numbers but we will get him back in central midfield now.

"Martin Kelly is fit again to play which is a boost for us. We are starting to get a couple of lads back now. Gary Mackay Steven and Ryan Crowther are training again.
Ablett obviously spoke too soon.
Last match, we had Kelly and Ayala injured, while Huth and Insua was away with their NTs.
Kelly is back now, but San Jose is missing this game - so Spearing has to fill in again.

And it seems quite clear that Antwi won't make it. He's as old as Hobbs, remember. So the club probably, and rightly so, feel that it's better to play two players they believe in (with one of them out of position), than to field a player that surely won't make it.

Offline ElMagico

• hato with a rabbito. Abrocadabro!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6702 on: January 29, 2009, 06:03:42 pm »
any streams for the game?

Offline ElMagico

• hato with a rabbito. Abrocadabro!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6704 on: January 29, 2009, 06:20:55 pm »
nice1 mate

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6705 on: January 29, 2009, 06:29:20 pm »
should pacecho be on the bench for the first team to give us an extra attacking option

where has elzhar been for the last few 1st team games

looking forward to another good reserves performace tonight

Offline JoeTwerp

• Leader of the Maryland Vigilante Child Army. Mayor of Twerpville. Population 2
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6706 on: January 29, 2009, 06:40:04 pm »
Can't agree JoeTerp. It's great to have Spearing at CB, with his great vision and crosses. Last game the la was brilliant.
Lets hope we beat Scums, most important play well.

don't care how he played. He has ZERO future at that position due to his size so there is no point in wasting his time there or preventing others from improving.  If you don't rate Antwi, then give Big Joe a chance to see how he plays at a higher level.  If he can polish off his game he might have a future with that sort of size

Offline JoeTwerp

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6707 on: January 29, 2009, 06:41:42 pm »
just said on LFC TV that San Jose's loan move broke down

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #6708 on: January 29, 2009, 06:47:11 pm »
just said on LFC TV that San Jose's loan move broke down

i wonder if they wanted to include an option to buy?

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6709 on: January 29, 2009, 07:15:12 pm »
degen injured. who would have thought it? ;D

Offline El_Macca_17

• Legacy Fan
  • Out here on the perimeter there are no stars.
« Reply #6710 on: January 29, 2009, 07:16:34 pm »
Some great skill from El Zhar there, shame about the cross though....
"The future's uncertain and the end is always near."

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #6711 on: January 29, 2009, 07:20:33 pm »
Crowd are a shower of c*nts.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline El_Macca_17

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6712 on: January 29, 2009, 07:24:36 pm »
Yeah.

Good skill again from EZ, shame Ngog couldn't finish.

Offline CF999

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • RTK
« Reply #6713 on: January 29, 2009, 07:26:47 pm »
Have the inbreds sang anything that doesn't involve Liverpool yet. sad twats

Offline CF999

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • RTK
« Reply #6714 on: January 29, 2009, 07:28:52 pm »
United lad is a diving prick so they sing you scouse bastard. nice

Offline El_Macca_17

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6715 on: January 29, 2009, 07:30:09 pm »
Got booked for it though. Whisky Nose mustn't be there.....

Offline Ronnie1932

• Feels like John Holmes.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #6716 on: January 29, 2009, 07:30:38 pm »
degen injured. who would have thought it? ;D
Fucking does my head in thinking what he's been paid to do fuck all.

Offline momo22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6717 on: January 29, 2009, 07:35:08 pm »
Good covering by El Zhar then.
Now you think Ronald McDonald gonna go down to the basement and say, "Hey Mr. Nugget - you the bomb. We sellin' chicken faster than you can tear the bone out. So I'm gonna write my clowney ass name on this fat-ass cheque for you."

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #6718 on: January 29, 2009, 07:39:02 pm »
whch one have u guys connected to
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline MJL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6719 on: January 29, 2009, 07:39:07 pm »
What was ngog trying there