Author Topic: Star Wars Universe lastest news  (Read 375908 times)

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
Re: Star Wars Universe lastest news
« Reply #4840 on: September 29, 2023, 08:39:31 am »
Not entirely sure what they're loading onto the destroyer (looks like caskets - more 'marroks'?) Or why they've waited until now to do so but hey ho

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4841 on: September 29, 2023, 09:13:47 am »
I’m intrigued at how they’ll deal with Thrawn’s one ship (with, he admits, a threadbare crew) being a threat to the entire stability of a galaxy. Obviously it’ll be related to the ‘cargo’

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #4842 on: September 29, 2023, 09:23:29 am »
I’m intrigued at how they’ll deal with Thrawn’s one ship (with, he admits, a threadbare crew) being a threat to the entire stability of a galaxy. Obviously it’ll be related to the ‘cargo’

He's also got that 'remnant' council seen in one of the other shows waiting for him and whatever forces they have too.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4843 on: September 29, 2023, 11:06:38 am »
Yeah Thrawn's one ship doesn't really bug me, it's already been established that there are ex-empire people either working behind the scenes or waiting for someone to come unite them.

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4844 on: September 29, 2023, 12:05:34 pm »
Not entirely sure what they're loading onto the destroyer (looks like caskets - more 'marroks'?) Or why they've waited until now to do so but hey ho

If they are caskets - they mentioned the "catacombs" - at a guess they needed to be left in the catacombs until a time nearer to when Elspeth arrived with the Eye, and as they couldn't predict that, and it only took a day ("one rotation") to load them, it wasn't worth the risk of loading them early and them expiring without the night sisters magic which was presumably in the catacombs.  they also (*obviously*) couldn't predict the arrival with the eye of Sabine - if she hadn't been there, spending that one day loading up would have gone completely smoothly

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4845 on: September 29, 2023, 12:10:37 pm »
I guess you could argue the star destroyer needed to stay put to focus on loading supplies onto the other ship, however genius tactician Thrawn could have had the small fighters blast the shit out of the convoy easily if he had thought to put the order in.

Another question worth asking is why does a ship that has been stranded in another galaxy for years have so many supplies, and what's so important about them that it's worth risking everything to transfer them? They can build a ship capable of crossing galaxies but they don't have any spare food?

It has its moments but like a lot of Star Wars content it's all so contrived. Ezra fighting with the force was cool, but deciding to fight that way because "it's your lightsaber now" removes any potential jeopardy from the fight.

Everything being a race against some kind of progress bar does just feel like a video game too.

"supplies?"  They are clearly not "supplies" - they look like caskets, with bodies in them.  The question is more what types of bodies are they holding - more of Thrawn's troopers, or more night sisters - given their location in the catacombs, and the fact that it was the great mothers who were storing them in their "catacombs" and it was Thrawn telling them he would load them - my guess is the latter.  That would give the great mothers that incentive/motive - they had no way of getting off the planet, so helped Thrawn in exchange with him transporting them and their "dead" sisters back to the SW universe, so that they can re-establish their civilisation at Drathomir.

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4846 on: September 29, 2023, 03:22:55 pm »
Spoiler
So one episode left, and so much still up in the air. Baylan has parted ways with Shin, I wonder what his plan is? Either way it is a shame we will probably never get to see what the original plan was after the passing of the fantastic Ray Stevenson. I thought it was most likely they would kill off the character since I can't see a recasting working. Shin looks like she might be turned from the dark side, but that has been done before. I think it would be more interesting if she became something like a dark side version of Ashoka.
[close]

I imagine he's after the power of Kujet
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4847 on: September 29, 2023, 04:42:42 pm »
I guess you could argue the star destroyer needed to stay put to focus on loading supplies onto the other ship, however genius tactician Thrawn could have had the small fighters blast the shit out of the convoy easily if he had thought to put the order in.

Another question worth asking is why does a ship that has been stranded in another galaxy for years have so many supplies, and what's so important about them that it's worth risking everything to transfer them? They can build a ship capable of crossing galaxies but they don't have any spare food?

It has its moments but like a lot of Star Wars content it's all so contrived. Ezra fighting with the force was cool, but deciding to fight that way because "it's your lightsaber now" removes any potential jeopardy from the fight.

Everything being a race against some kind of progress bar does just feel like a video game too.
yeah some parts leave you thinking really, that's the best you could think of? A lot of the time I presume they keep those events basic enough to keep costs down but honestly a bit more thought and it would raise these shows massively.

Like they were unable to find Ezra for that long and he was that easy to find  ;D
« Last Edit: September 29, 2023, 04:44:18 pm by WillG.LFC »

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #4848 on: September 29, 2023, 05:47:04 pm »
yeah some parts leave you thinking really, that's the best you could think of? A lot of the time I presume they keep those events basic enough to keep costs down but honestly a bit more thought and it would raise these shows massively.

Like they were unable to find Ezra for that long and he was that easy to find  ;D

Haha, him meeting Sabine was a little underwhelming, like it had been two weeks, not a decade.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4849 on: September 29, 2023, 05:52:31 pm »
In isolation Threepio appearing is fine, but since the PT the Galaxy has shrunk. Things like Anakin building Threepio, growing up on the same planet as Luke, the Evazian and walrus man appearance in whatever it was.

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #4850 on: September 29, 2023, 06:26:09 pm »
In isolation Threepio appearing is fine, but since the PT the Galaxy has shrunk. Things like Anakin building Threepio, growing up on the same planet as Luke, the Evazian and walrus man appearance in whatever it was.

it's fine when things make sense, but they didn't and were just daft

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #4851 on: September 30, 2023, 11:22:00 pm »
Think Ahsoka is the best thing ive watched from the Star Wars Universe as far as the TV shows go. Love the way its filmed, the settings,, score etc. Really sinister vibe and an can see the influence from Dune. Hope this is how it carries on going forward.

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4852 on: October 1, 2023, 12:19:50 am »
Think Ahsoka is the best thing ive watched from the Star Wars Universe as far as the TV shows go. Love the way its filmed, the settings,, score etc. Really sinister vibe and an can see the influence from Dune. Hope this is how it carries on going forward.

It's OK but nowhere near the level of Andor.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4853 on: October 1, 2023, 10:13:24 pm »
It's OK but nowhere near the level of Andor.

Speaking of which, when is the next season out?

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #4854 on: October 1, 2023, 10:15:23 pm »
Speaking of which, when is the next season out?

Next summer I think

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4855 on: October 1, 2023, 11:03:34 pm »
Yep, August 2024. They'd almost finished filming when the actor's strike happened, hopefully that'll be resolved soon and it won't be delayed.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4856 on: October 4, 2023, 04:26:38 am »
So now Ahsoka is finished, my overall assessment is it’s boring shite. It was Better than Boba Fett in execution, but that’s not much of a compliment.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #4857 on: October 4, 2023, 07:18:04 am »
That was fucking crap. Filoni is a hack

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4858 on: October 4, 2023, 10:34:00 am »
Get the feeling Anakin is going to feature a bit in both season 2 and the upcoming Filoni-verse movie designed to tie all his series' together.

Filoni's basically turned into George Lucas at this point. He's created his own universe with his own characters and he'll do whatever the hell he wants with them, regardless of what the fans think.
« Last Edit: October 4, 2023, 10:35:46 am by Red Beret »
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #4859 on: October 4, 2023, 01:19:43 pm »
Can anyone more familiar with the wider SW universe source materials tell me whether witches and (non-force related) magic appear anywhere else?

Feels a bit late in the day to be throwing it in otherwise ::)

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4860 on: October 4, 2023, 02:04:36 pm »
Can anyone more familiar with the wider SW universe source materials tell me whether witches and (non-force related) magic appear anywhere else?

They’ve been around. The planet Thrawn is going to is Dathomir, their homeworld and where Maul is from.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Dathomir

Offline Scottymuser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4861 on: October 4, 2023, 03:05:53 pm »

They appear very extensively in the old EU books, new Cannon books, the Clone Wars series, the Rebels series, and some other places.

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4862 on: October 4, 2023, 04:31:04 pm »
Underwhelming end

Offline Trousers

• All Mouth And...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4863 on: October 4, 2023, 05:13:58 pm »
That was a complete load of shite. The only reason to watch Ahsoka and I mean literally the only reason was Baylan & Shin.
They were in that episode for less than 30 seconds.

Filoni is a children's cartoon writer and that's where he should stay.
« Last Edit: October 4, 2023, 05:18:53 pm by Trousers »
Militant Internet Terrorist.

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #4864 on: October 4, 2023, 06:36:21 pm »
it wasn't as good as it could have been (but nothing is)
the dialogue felt weird in parts - but then again this is star wars after all
it looked good (I mean the designs of things, I'm not on about the cgi)
I enjoyed watching it

that's about it.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
    • X / Twitter: @TheLiverNerd
« Reply #4865 on: October 4, 2023, 08:38:51 pm »
Interesting series bringing together old and new. Excited to see where it goes in season 2, and how it all eventually builds to a climax. It’s setup some very intriguing factions to clash in the next part especially given the Mandalorians rebuilding themselves as well.

Filoni deserves to build on the characters he’s created that are a welcome addition to the universe. Much of the work done by this and Mando season 3, create the setting for a new war to come about and the new republic to fall apart.

Overall very enjoyable. It obviously didn’t please everyone but at this point it’s probably fair to say that some of the people watching just don’t like or are sick of Star Wars and should move on.
"Believe you are the best, then make sure that you are." - Shankly

X / Twitter: @TheLiverNerd - https://x.com/TheLiverNerd

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #4866 on: October 4, 2023, 09:19:51 pm »
Must have been a really bad end. People were raving about it a few episodes back. So much so I saved watching the really good ones for a binge. Actually I think I saw one and didn't really get the fuss. I am a philistine though and often don't appreciate good stuff .
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #4867 on: October 4, 2023, 09:41:12 pm »
Must have been a really bad end. People were raving about it a few episodes back. So much so I saved watching the really good ones for a binge. Actually I think I saw one and didn't really get the fuss. I am a philistine though and often don't appreciate good stuff .

I was fully prepared to say people were overreacting, but having just watched it it's very very underwhelming. Definitely not Fett or Kenobi bad, but after the build up from episode 5 it lost it's way. My biggest problem though was with it not feeling like Star Wars, minor spoilers in the next bit -

Spoiler
It's a tricky one though, because by the sounds of it magic is something that exists in Rebels and Clone Wars. But as an old school fan it just felt totally out of place and jarring. The reanimated zombie troopers was giving me shades of later series Game of Thrones, and that's definitely not something you want.

I also don't think it helped that Lisbeth's character was given little build up. It always felt like Baylan and Shin were the main antagonists. To have her suddenly be bestowed some powers at the start of the episode and given a magic blade felt a bit tacked on. Not to mention uninspired given we've also gone through the dark sabre stuff, which was built up in a far more interesting way. And then Ahsoka destroys the blade and Lisbeth with it. So it was all a bit pointless? There were definitely far better ways they could have built this idea into the storyline.

For me it all went a bit downhill once Thrawn showed up. After everything we've heard via other series about him being one of the greatest threats to stability, he just felt lackluster. It probably doesn't help that he looks like a blue Elon Musk  :D 

All a bit of a waste really. Loved Andor, love S1 and 2 of the Mandalorian, but everything else has been somewhere between shite and meh.
[close]
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #4868 on: October 4, 2023, 10:36:44 pm »
tell me whether witches and (non-force related) magic appear anywhere else?

They are using the Force. The Witches of Dathomir first appeared in the book The Courtship of Princess Leia in the 90s, though the way they were depicted then was very different, mainly in that they were generally in tune with the Light side and only a small group of exiles were the Dark sider Nightsisters - although they had enslaved the Imperial occupiers to form their own army.

The story features the early New Republic looking to ally themselves with a large part of the galaxy called the Hapan Cluster, with Leia essentially marrying into their royal family. In the end the Prince in question, Isolder, falls in love with the queen of the Witches. Their daughter would later go on to study at Luke's new Jedi Academy and eventually have a child with Han and Leia's son Jacen.

Of course all of that story is now just Legends, and the Witches are pretty much all now just Nightsisters. But unless it's been otherwise clarified I don't see why their 'magic' isn't just a different manifestation of the Force, there have always been non-Jedi examples.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Scottymuser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4869 on: October 4, 2023, 10:39:09 pm »
What a phenomenal ending to the best Star Wars live action *anything* since the 80s.  Yes.  I do think as a piece of the SW Universe, it is better than Andor.  Andor was a great tv show, don't get me wrong - but it could literally have been set anywhere (including 2020s Earth), and did nothing to advance the SW Universe, the mythos or anything.

Offline Scottymuser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4870 on: October 4, 2023, 10:41:04 pm »
That was a complete load of shite. The only reason to watch Ahsoka and I mean literally the only reason was Baylan & Shin.
They were in that episode for less than 30 seconds.

Filoni is a children's cartoon writer and that's where he should stay.

Presumably you feel the same about the original trilogy that it was created by a "childrens cartoon writer" - as Clone Wars and Rebels both had far, far, far more "adult" themes and treatments about them compared to anything Lucas ever wrote even a word for.  Not that that is a bad thing.  Just seems incomprehensible to me to criticise the incredibly adult themes of loss, devestation, war etc in TCW as "childrens cartoon" when the OT was literally the definition of the most one dimensional childrens Space Fantasy

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #4871 on: October 4, 2023, 10:44:42 pm »
Spoiler
Gorra feeling the cargo is some form of ancient  jedi the Mothers can re-animate thats why we were introduced to the zombie storm troopers as a form of Foreshadowing  . Baylan also alluded to something to do with Jedi fairytales he heard when he was a nipper from that planet
[close]

Offline Trousers

• All Mouth And...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4872 on: October 4, 2023, 10:53:14 pm »
Presumably you feel the same about the original trilogy that it was created by a "childrens cartoon writer" - as Clone Wars and Rebels both had far, far, far more "adult" themes and treatments about them compared to anything Lucas ever wrote even a word for.  Not that that is a bad thing.  Just seems incomprehensible to me to criticise the incredibly adult themes of loss, devestation, war etc in TCW as "childrens cartoon" when the OT was literally the definition of the most one dimensional childrens Space Fantasy
The OT was an allegory for the Vietnam war, so you might want to look that up before labelling it a one dimensional childrens space fantasy.
Rebels was fucking shit, and only the last four episodes of the Clone Wars could ever be considered adult in any way whatsoever.
That you (or anyone) could think Ahsoka is better than Andor to me is ridiculous.
Militant Internet Terrorist.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #4873 on: October 4, 2023, 11:04:58 pm »

'Ahsoka 1986 TV Intro (Spoilers)' - by the Auralnauts:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/l8E8ZXZlcbs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/l8E8ZXZlcbs</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/l8E8ZXZlcbs
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4874 on: October 4, 2023, 11:12:47 pm »
What a phenomenal ending to the best Star Wars live action *anything* since the 80s.  Yes.  I do think as a piece of the SW Universe, it is better than Andor.  Andor was a great tv show, don't get me wrong - but it could literally have been set anywhere (including 2020s Earth), and did nothing to advance the SW Universe, the mythos or anything.

I personally thought Ahsoka was underwhelming, but I'm not going to criticise your opinion of it, if you enjoyed it then great.

But what you said about Andor is way off the mark. It showed us things we've never seen before in Star Wars. The world building was the best we've ever seen and showed us multiple new cultures. It showed life at street level in a way we've never seen. It explored how totalitarian regimes spread and operate, and how ordinary people become tools of those regimes - and how other ordinary people are affected and how they react. It showed the darker side of the rebellion, it showed the internal workings of the ISB and the politics of the Empire. It showed Andor and Mon Mothma's very different paths towards becoming Rebel leaders, and we got characters with more depth than ever before. It was completely unique. Whereas Ahsoka (even if you like it) is basically more of the same, a continuation of Rebels in live action.
« Last Edit: October 5, 2023, 07:25:37 am by Rob Dylan »

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #4875 on: October 4, 2023, 11:52:07 pm »
The OT was an allegory for the Vietnam war, so you might want to look that up before labelling it a one dimensional childrens space fantasy.
Rebels was fucking shit, and only the last four episodes of the Clone Wars could ever be considered adult in any way whatsoever.
That you (or anyone) could think Ahsoka is better than Andor to me is ridiculous.

as I've said before, the first installment of this whole thing is a farm boy and a wizard joining up with a cowboy and his dog to save a princess from the evil black knight's castle.

it's a fantasy tale set in space and has "once upon a time" at the fucking beginning of it.

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #4876 on: October 4, 2023, 11:53:06 pm »
 ;D

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4877 on: October 5, 2023, 01:27:15 am »
I thought it was fine, more sad about missing out on whatever journey they had planned for Ray Stevenson than anything. Wonder if they'll recast, because I'm assuming Filoni had some pretty big plans for that character based on the last shot. He will be missed.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline jediwarrior

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #4878 on: October 5, 2023, 09:23:09 am »
I enjoyed the series,

Spoiler
and the Zombie Stromtroopers where a bit of a throwback to the novel Death Troopers which was cool.
A bit underwhelm at the end of the series. All series long Ashoka was we must stop Thrawn from getting back to our Galaxy and then when he does, she is all relaxed and chilled stuck on a remote planet in another Galaxy. Didn't make sense to me that.
[close]
« Last Edit: October 5, 2023, 10:19:29 am by jediwarrior »

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #4879 on: October 5, 2023, 10:16:04 am »
I enjoyed the series, and the Zombie Stromtroopers where a bit of a throwback to the novel Death Troopers which was cool.
A bit underwhelm at the end of the series. All series long Ashoka was we must stop Thrawn from getting back to our Galaxy and then when he does, she is all relaxed and chilled stuck on a remote planet in another Galaxy. Didn't make sense to me that.

Fucking hell, spoilers!
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.