Author Topic: Jürgen Klopp  (Read 1010337 times)

Offline Longwood NY

• Main Stander
  • Innit
Re: Jürgen Klopp
« Reply #10520 on: January 2, 2024, 05:28:30 am »
Love love love this man. It won't last forever, folks
« Last Edit: January 2, 2024, 05:34:25 am by Longwood NY »

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10521 on: January 2, 2024, 01:41:51 pm »
you've got your eye on someone else?

Offline Longwood NY

• Main Stander
  • Innit
« Reply #10522 on: January 2, 2024, 01:57:10 pm »
you've got your eye on someone else?

Father time, if anyone

Offline ljycb

• RAWK's Bullen Oracle of Wisdom & Knowledge, the Collective Voice of our Moral Conscience
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10523 on: January 4, 2024, 10:54:10 pm »

I will be inconsolable when the time comes.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10524 on: January 5, 2024, 10:50:34 am »
“I said, if I wish you good luck, it would be a 𝒍𝒊𝒆!"

Jurgen Klopp's parting message to Mo Salah and Wataru Endo.

Haha, is right Jurgen, we've got a title to win.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10525 on: January 5, 2024, 01:27:41 pm »
“I said, if I wish you good luck, it would be a 𝒍𝒊𝒆!"

Jurgen Klopp's parting message to Mo Salah and Wataru Endo.

Haha, is right Jurgen, we've got a title to win.

Mwahahha... that's cheeky.  ;D

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10526 on: January 6, 2024, 11:05:14 am »
Is this Grizz fella reliable? He's just dropped a tweet claiming Klopp's about to extend until 2028.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #10527 on: January 6, 2024, 11:25:24 am »
Is this Grizz fella reliable? He's just dropped a tweet claiming Klopp's about to extend until 2028.

I think he has some connections, however Klopp's contractual position
at the club would surely be a closely guarded secret between him (his wife) and 1-2 people at FSG.

Surely, Miss Moneypenny.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10528 on: January 6, 2024, 11:50:50 am »

A proven Lier who makes money from gullible fans.

He once created an organisation to give himself an award.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10529 on: January 6, 2024, 01:24:31 pm »
The rumours of Kloppo extending his contract isn't new though.  ;D

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10530 on: January 6, 2024, 02:04:44 pm »
He once created an organisation to give himself an award.
Ronaldo approves of this post.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10531 on: January 6, 2024, 02:18:29 pm »

He's less reliable than Samie
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10532 on: January 6, 2024, 02:34:40 pm »

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #10533 on: January 6, 2024, 03:12:41 pm »
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10534 on: January 6, 2024, 03:24:54 pm »
He's less reliable than Samie

Well....damn

Typing out the internally quiet things!

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10535 on: January 6, 2024, 03:30:03 pm »
 :D

Dickheads the lot of you.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10536 on: January 6, 2024, 03:37:09 pm »
He's built another team, he has to extend.

Club is financially strong now the loans have been paid for the new stands.

Plus it looks like Guardiola isn't signing another deal and will be gone after next season.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10537 on: January 6, 2024, 03:50:41 pm »
He's built another team, he has to extend.

Club is financially strong now the loans have been paid for the new stands.

Plus it looks like Guardiola isn't signing another deal and will be gone after next season.
I'll believe that when it happens.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10538 on: January 6, 2024, 04:00:05 pm »
I'll believe that when it happens.
Same. Pep ain't going anywhere whilst Jürgen is here.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10539 on: January 6, 2024, 04:49:28 pm »
Guardiola will leave when they tell him to leave. He is owned by Abu Dhabi.

Offline Hestoic

• Kopite
« Reply #10540 on: January 6, 2024, 04:57:07 pm »
I think there is a part of all of us that expects him to renew. This season so far further cements it.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10541 on: January 6, 2024, 05:00:15 pm »
I think there is a part of all of us that expects him to renew. This season so far further cements it.

I’m mildly hopeful.
We are too exciting at the moment and he seems to be enjoying himself.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10542 on: January 6, 2024, 11:37:19 pm »
Can't believe he's been raging again.

My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10543 on: January 6, 2024, 11:54:35 pm »
cue the pundit mockery, snide comments and eye-rolling, followed by every bugger ignoring the issue until Ped or Ange or Legolad start complaining.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10544 on: January 6, 2024, 11:56:45 pm »
cue the pundit mockery, snide comments and eye-rolling, followed by every bugger ignoring the issue until Ped or Ange or Legolad start complaining.

It's the same every time, hate the c*nts.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10545 on: January 7, 2024, 12:21:35 am »

The same pundits who keep going on about Newcastle's injury crisis, without ever connecting the dots.

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10546 on: January 7, 2024, 10:09:42 pm »
Think Klopp's just at the point in his tenure here where the whole "Is it really worth being in this competition too?" question is of no interest anymore. We've got a good enough squad to compete in multiple competitions, which should always be the case at a club of our size.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10547 on: January 8, 2024, 12:34:24 am »
Is there a better manager in the world who is so adept and skilful at reacting to changing game dynamics? He may be the best tactician we've ever had as manager, something that goes unheralded as the focus is nearly always on his playing philosophy or leadership skills.

So often under him we've been second best at times, and under different managers, there's a host of games we would have lost, today being one of them. But he's always been able to weather those moments and turn the game with tactical tweaks and substitutions. Granted, this is easier to do when you have an in depth squad, but so many managers at the elite end with similar depth are often found wanting with no 'plan b' - Arteta being one of them.

Its what separates the world class managers from the nearly men, with Jurgen in the former and Arteta in the latter.
« Last Edit: January 8, 2024, 12:35:55 am by mattD »

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10548 on: January 8, 2024, 12:45:24 am »
Giving away all his secrets.  :D

"Everything was better in the second half. It's difficult to prepare for something like what Arsenal did all game but particularly the first half," Klopp said. "Double 10, 4-4-2, two wingers wide, massive threat, so we had a few days time to prepare for the most difficult game with a slightly different team.

"Timing was bad for pressing in the first half, that made it tricky for the midfield and nearly impossible for the defence, so we had to defend deeper in the last line, block balls but that is football as well, you have to show desire, passion and determination. That is what the boys showed.

"Then we changed things obviously as well, quite a bit and that caused Arsenal problems, that is how it is. These little parts cannot always be that influential but as little influence as I had in the first half on what they did, we just used the information from the first half and tried to do better. Everything was better.

"We created our chances, we defended them better and that is how it is. A home game is an advantage but when you are better in the first half but don't score it is normal that you get in a rush. So it barely gets better or usually doesn't. And we felt more and more comfortable in the game.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #10549 on: January 8, 2024, 12:47:17 am »
Is there a better manager in the world who is so adept and skilful at reacting to changing game dynamics? He may be the best tactician we've ever had as manager, something that goes unheralded as the focus is nearly always on his playing philosophy or leadership skills.

So often under him we've been second best at times, and under different managers, there's a host of games we would have lost, today being one of them. But he's always been able to weather those moments and turn the game with tactical tweaks and substitutions. Granted, this is easier to do when you have an in depth squad, but so many managers at the elite end with similar depth are often found wanting with no 'plan b' - Arteta being one of them.

Its what separates the world class managers from the nearly men, with Jurgen in the former and Arteta in the latter.
It's why I only worry if we are 4-0 down at half time and it's too big a job for him to claw it back or when we are 1-0 up, not far enough ahead and little for him to claw back.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10550 on: January 8, 2024, 01:30:55 am »

The tactical tweaks we made, especially in the second half, was a masterclass of in-game management.

Compare that to Arteta. When Plan A failed, he was all out of ideas. He waited until the 88th minute to give Trossard and Smith-Rowe a chance to do something.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10551 on: January 8, 2024, 08:22:29 am »
What's up with Jurgen and the 'call me' hand signs after the match?
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Bobsackamano

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10552 on: January 8, 2024, 10:05:48 am »
Don't know if this has been posted before but it's the Athletic ranking Klopps signings. Seeing them all listed together the recruitment since he came has been mind-blowing in it's success with hardly any money wasted.

I'd be interested if any other manager, anywhere in the world, ever, has had as good a success rate with so little wastage.

https://theathletic.com/5139854/2023/12/28/jurgen-klopp-liverpool-signings-ranked/

https://archive.is/nWIzz

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10553 on: January 8, 2024, 10:18:16 am »
The tactical tweaks we made, especially in the second half, was a masterclass of in-game management.

Compare that to Arteta. When Plan A failed, he was all out of ideas. He waited until the 88th minute to give Trossard and Smith-Rowe a chance to do something.
This season Klopp has taken his tactical tweaks/in game management to another level that it has become a significant strength for us and kind of make our opponents a little more fearful. These days I will be delighted if we go in level at half time knowing fully well that Klopp will be making the necessary adjustments/tweaks and we will going in stronger in the 2nd half. The only time that we did not get things quite right was against United (in the league)
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10554 on: January 8, 2024, 10:24:22 am »
Giving away all his secrets.  :D

He explains it all so well though. Breaks down what Arsenal were doing, how it was impacting his game plan, and what he did to counter it.

I don't think I've ever seen another season where so many tactical substitutions have paid off for a single team as I have with us this season. Most of the time, subs seem more a case of resting one player, or giving another player minutes, or to kill a bit of time; and in many cases in various games, it's just a hit-and-hope gambit born from desperation.

This season, in game after game, our subs have turned a match on its head. If anything, it shows how Jurgen himself is maturing and becoming wiser as a manager. Teams just don't seem to have an answer for it most of the time, apart from battening down the hatches and trying to hold out for a draw.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10555 on: January 8, 2024, 10:37:07 am »
He explains it all so well though. Breaks down what Arsenal were doing, how it was impacting his game plan, and what he did to counter it.

I don't think I've ever seen another season where so many tactical substitutions have paid off for a single team as I have with us this season. Most of the time, subs seem more a case of resting one player, or giving another player minutes, or to kill a bit of time; and in many cases in various games, it's just a hit-and-hope gambit born from desperation.

This season, in game after game, our subs have turned a match on its head. If anything, it shows how Jurgen himself is maturing and becoming wiser as a manager. Teams just don't seem to have an answer for it most of the time, apart from battening down the hatches and trying to hold out for a draw.

Two things.

Firstly, I think his intentions are to put the fear of God into Arteta that I can see you, and meet and beat you at your own game.

Also, puts pressure on Arteta to have a Plan B as other managers now know how to counter him.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10556 on: January 8, 2024, 10:46:12 am »
Two things.

Firstly, I think his intentions are to put the fear of God into Arteta that I can see you, and meet and beat you at your own game.

Also, puts pressure on Arteta to have a Plan B as other managers now know how to counter him.

Absolutely. Everybody was fretting over how Martinelli had so much control in the game, then Klopp put Bradley on and completely nullified him. It was such a complete about-face. And Klopp was right that home advantage will only get you so far if you're not scoring. The crowd gets restless and the players pick up on it.

I said after both the United and Arsenal draws at Anfield that they'll struggle with those tactics at their own place. Their fans don't want to see it.

And Klopp isn't just sending a message about Arteta. Rarely has a manager changed, grown and adapted as much as I've seen Klopp do. Too many rely on the same tactics and just change the players (or with Ferguson, just brow beat officials into giving him what he wants). It's notable how much less affectionate the media are towards Jurgen, now that he's shown what a threat he is.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10557 on: January 8, 2024, 12:43:29 pm »
Henry Winter of The Times wrote:
“Liverpool’s 7,500 fans filed joyously out of the Emirates singing: “I’m so glad that Jurgen is a Red.” Klopp had just delivered his trademark three punches towards the support to usual wild acclaim and his fingerprints were all over this FA Cup third-round victory.

“Klopp responded to Arsenal’s first-half threat. If Mikel Arteta’s side had been able to call upon a proper centre-forward and finisher, like Ivan Toney, rather than relying on the lightweight, out-of-position Kai Havertz, they would been leading comfortably at the break. The Germany forward wasted three good chances.

“Top managers like Klopp react decisively. He changed the emphasis of Liverpool's approach at the break, instructing Alisson to go long at times, rather than always building from the back. He told Darwin Nunez to go left, get on the ball and cut inside Ben White. Luis Diaz went to the right and Harvey Elliott tucked inside. When Diogo Jota came on 14 minutes into the second half, Liverpool had their lightning attack of Diaz-Jota-Nimez.

Klopp masterminded this. It’s this in-game management, the confidence running through his side, and the culture that Klopp’s instilled that shaped this game. It absolutely summed Liverpool up that instead of closing the game down deep in stoppage time — they were 1-0 up through Jakub Kiwior’s own goal — they simply attacked again. Nunez flew down the left, Jota turned the ball across and Diaz almost broke the net.”

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10558 on: January 8, 2024, 12:44:54 pm »
Don't know if this has been posted before but it's the Athletic ranking Klopps signings. Seeing them all listed together the recruitment since he came has been mind-blowing in it's success with hardly any money wasted.

I'd be interested if any other manager, anywhere in the world, ever, has had as good a success rate with so little wastage.

https://theathletic.com/5139854/2023/12/28/jurgen-klopp-liverpool-signings-ranked/

https://archive.is/nWIzz
he's worth every penny of every pound FSG pay him.  and more.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10559 on: January 8, 2024, 02:03:03 pm »
One question that has been bugging me all season -

IS THIS SEASON, SO FAR, ALL PEP LIJNDERS FAULT??

HE WROTE A BOOK!!!