Author Topic: Jürgen Klopp  (Read 1080429 times)

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
Re: Jürgen Klopp
« Reply #10400 on: December 7, 2023, 09:49:20 pm »
the modern game treats elite footballers like horses. Surprised they don't take them out back and shoot them when they break a leg these days.

Can't stand this sly, antagonistical bs when you basically taunt the matter knowing they can't say what's on their mind as it will slap them with a charge for showing "disrespect" to the mighty, all powerful football authorities. :butt
Yeah it's all about getting a response, preferably an inflammatory one, for a story that the hacks have already written.

You can tell when that's happening because they ask 'narrative questions'; questions with the desired answers or a whole load of narratve guff within the actual question.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Hestoic

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10401 on: December 8, 2023, 04:55:37 pm »
https://www.instagram.com/p/C0mRg5JN96V/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Look how genuinely happy Klopp is taking that little lad around. What a guy.

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #10402 on: December 8, 2023, 05:35:39 pm »

God damn, it's dusty in here.

Klopp is a genuinely good person.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10403 on: December 8, 2023, 06:02:11 pm »
God damn, it's dusty in here.

Klopp is a genuinely good person.
time to find an onion to cut.

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10404 on: December 8, 2023, 07:01:21 pm »
I didn't see Jurgen's remarks about the 12.30 KO, any videos anywhere?

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #10405 on: December 8, 2023, 08:04:50 pm »
I love the fact he annoys opposition fans so much - sure sign just how good he is. Coupled with the above, what a perfect match for this club he really really is.
« Last Edit: December 8, 2023, 08:12:18 pm by JP! »
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #10406 on: December 8, 2023, 08:10:28 pm »

Ugh. How dare you post that and mess with my emotions!!!
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10407 on: December 8, 2023, 08:27:46 pm »

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10408 on: December 9, 2023, 12:54:44 am »
The boss personally invited Dáire and his family back to Merseyside 🙌

On the annual International Day of Persons with Disabilities, Dáire returned to Anfield to witness our 4-3 win over Fulham before being welcomed to the AXA Training Centre the following day

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10409 on: December 9, 2023, 12:56:07 am »

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10410 on: December 9, 2023, 01:23:04 am »
That's so beautiful, wow. Love those pictures

Is that the young lad who was pictured singing YNWA at his first game (can't remember which) this year, and having an incredible emotional reaction?

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10411 on: December 9, 2023, 01:25:29 am »
Yes mate at the Villa game.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #10412 on: December 9, 2023, 01:47:29 am »
Top bins
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline dirkster

• Legacy Fan
  • Dirk Kuyt. Working Class hero
« Reply #10413 on: December 9, 2023, 03:02:37 am »

We are so lucky and privileged to have such a great manager and most of all, a beautiful human being.
« Last Edit: December 9, 2023, 03:42:29 am by dirkster »

Offline dai_bonehead

• Kopite
« Reply #10414 on: December 9, 2023, 12:07:50 pm »
Watching the pre-match Bullshit.

TNT sports have a stupid conversation going on between Crouch and Ferdinand about the value of JK watching the opposition warm up. It is embarassing - they are questioning the value of it in ear shot of Kloppo, whose face says it all about what he thinks of the value of their "insight".

Football managers - have to be some of the most professional people that have to listen to amateur opinion and suck it up.

Personally, I am hoping for another Klopp mike drop today.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #10415 on: December 9, 2023, 12:09:03 pm »

TNT sports have a stupid conversation going on between Crouch and Ferdinand about the value of JK watching the opposition warm up. It is embarassing - they are questioning the value of it in ear shot of Kloppo, whose face says it all about what he thinks of the value of their "insight".

Football managers - have to be some of the most professional people that have to listen to amateur opinion and suck it up.

Thanks for confirming that I did the right thing in leaving the television off then. Clueless like the majority of pundits.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline dai_bonehead

• Kopite
« Reply #10416 on: December 9, 2023, 12:21:28 pm »

Thanks for posting this. I'd love to watch but don't do instagram. Is there another way to see it?

Offline dai_bonehead

• Kopite
« Reply #10417 on: December 9, 2023, 12:24:14 pm »
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/magical-day-daire-returns-liverpool-meet-reds

To add to the above.

Edit. Tears rolling down my cheeks. I am such a shithouse.
« Last Edit: December 9, 2023, 12:26:44 pm by dai_bonehead »

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10418 on: December 9, 2023, 12:30:53 pm »
Thanks for confirming that I did the right thing in leaving the television off then. Clueless like the majority of pundits.
Binned Sky years ago. Binned BT after last contract expired. Life is better without both of those shit stirring, agenda pushing, moron employing, companies. I have absolutely zero interest in anything them or their experts have to say. But dickheads lap it up, saves them having to think for themselves.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #10419 on: December 9, 2023, 04:10:06 pm »

They put a clip on their twitter of that, all giddy thinking they had great content  ::)

Whereas the reaction of Jürgen just shows what he thinks of them - the head-shake at their childishness. Imagine having the cameraman do laps around his stood there, and thinking it’s a professional way to behave.

https://x.com/footballontnt/status/1733469362621645124?s=20

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10420 on: December 9, 2023, 04:18:55 pm »
It is a testament to this man's transformative capacities that, 16 games into the season, we are not overexcited to be top of the table and on course for roughly 90 points, and instead speak about all the room we have for improvement while being merely quiety optimistic.

Just over a decade ago, we had Roy Hodgson in charge, trying to play like Crystal Palace did today.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #10421 on: December 10, 2023, 01:45:31 am »
We are so lucky and privileged to have such a great manager and most of all, a beautiful human being.
I dunno, I reckon Jurgen is losing his marbles. I mean he was spotted chatting away to an owl after the game yesterday... wibble!
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #10422 on: December 10, 2023, 02:23:37 am »
in my opinion Klopp's just getting nicely tucked into a completely virtuoso performance and he's wildly loving every second of it. He lives for this stuff , rotating the players and subbing the players to get that perfect mix of keeping everybody healthy happy and willing to run through brick walls while also steadily winning. Especially when its a young team and a new team and he needs to get more than the sum of the parts to make up for the lack of game experience together. 

For me hes by far the best in the world at it and has been for many years, and five subs has strengthened his hand as has our strength in depth. simply put hes playing a blinder so far this year. He excels at this stuff there's no one else even in the game. We are privileged to be watching this.

Meanwhile many of the others great and small are basically flogging their lads untill they drop.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #10423 on: December 10, 2023, 09:28:15 am »
I dont get that champion feeling from watching us this fall, but I think my expectations of a champion has been seriously tilted the last decade or so. In particular by our own champion team, ending at 99 points after securing the title very early, but also by several dominant ManC teams.

We're on a point average corresponding to a 87 point season. Looking back historically, thats actually a pretty typical amounts of points for a champion. It's very unlikely any team will get more than 95 points this season - we can get a maximum of 103.

So we're very unlikely to get a better result than in 19/20, but we wont need that level to win.

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10424 on: December 10, 2023, 10:45:34 am »
Yeah I think those levels will be an outlier in the years to come. Ridiculous, near perfect standard that even city won’t get to I think.

We’re just at start of 2.0, hoping there is a contract situation on offing …

Offline Hestoic

• Kopite
« Reply #10425 on: December 10, 2023, 10:57:34 am »
I dont get that champion feeling from watching us this fall, but I think my expectations of a champion has been seriously tilted the last decade or so. In particular by our own champion team, ending at 99 points after securing the title very early, but also by several dominant ManC teams.

We're on a point average corresponding to a 87 point season. Looking back historically, thats actually a pretty typical amounts of points for a champion. It's very unlikely any team will get more than 95 points this season - we can get a maximum of 103.

So we're very unlikely to get a better result than in 19/20, but we wont need that level to win.

I think that if we are able to beat City and Arsenal at home, that will create the necessary gaps to give us a bit of breathing room for when City go into full on winning mode. Where we've missed out in the past, we could have won the league by a point had we not lost at the Etihad and instead drawn like this season.

We've got a lot of hard fixtures out of the way whilst our rivals still have some tricky games ahead. One thing for sure though is that we have league winners in the squad and a league winning manager who knows what it takes, meaning I don't think we would do what happened to Arsenal last season for example. That's a huge edge.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10426 on: December 10, 2023, 11:21:52 am »
When is he extending his contract? He'd love to see this new team grow.

Offline Caps4444

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10427 on: December 10, 2023, 12:14:42 pm »
I think that if we are able to beat City and Arsenal at home, that will create the necessary gaps to give us a bit of breathing room for when City go into full on winning mode. Where we've missed out in the past, we could have won the league by a point had we not lost at the Etihad and instead drawn like this season.

We've got a lot of hard fixtures out of the way whilst our rivals still have some tricky games ahead. One thing for sure though is that we have league winners in the squad and a league winning manager who knows what it takes, meaning I don't think we would do what happened to Arsenal last season for example. That's a huge edge.

Spot on.  Although we didn’t beat City in 18/19 and 21/22 and lost by a point….we had amassed well over 90 points, so we can’t say it was the draws….in those 2 seasons it was the head to head that cost us.

In 08/09 we beat United home and away, yet lost out by 4 points? That season it was draws v lesser opposition.

Online StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10428 on: December 10, 2023, 10:40:58 pm »

I've not really allowed myself to think winning the league is a possibility this season yet, but considering we're not playing particularly well it is some achievement that we find ourselves top of the pile. You can never really look past City and I think until the game at Anfield you'd still give Arsenal a fairly considerable edge over us. Get the feeling it might be one of those weaker years where it doesn't take 95 points to win the league and maybe we're just unlucky to be a year behind. With all that said, if you beat Arsenal at Anfield and maybe City slip up once or twice more and you create a bit of a gap, you'd definitely begin to fancy us.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10429 on: December 11, 2023, 05:36:23 am »
Kloppo Time

Jurgen Klopp has surpassed Alex Ferguson's record of 16 stoppage time winners in Liverpool's win over Crystal Palace on the weekend.

> Jurgen Klopp - 17 from 312 matches.
> Alex Ferguson - 16 from 810 matches.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #10430 on: December 11, 2023, 07:30:25 am »
I've not really allowed myself to think winning the league is a possibility this season yet, but considering we're not playing particularly well it is some achievement that we find ourselves top of the pile. You can never really look past City and I think until the game at Anfield you'd still give Arsenal a fairly considerable edge over us. Get the feeling it might be one of those weaker years where it doesn't take 95 points to win the league and maybe we're just unlucky to be a year behind. With all that said, if you beat Arsenal at Anfield and maybe City slip up once or twice more and you create a bit of a gap, you'd definitely begin to fancy us.
I think it's very unlikely that it will take 95 points to win. City can get 99 if they win the rest. We would also need to reach very high levels to get to 95.
None of the top teams look ready to go on an amazing run, to put it mildly, with some scruffy wins lately.

Offline nerdster4

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #10431 on: December 11, 2023, 08:25:55 am »
Kelleher
Bradley endo Q Scanlon
McConnell Elliott Jones
Doak nunex tsimikas

Against Union please

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10432 on: December 11, 2023, 08:31:45 am »
Beat Arsenal at home and I’ll head into the new year thinking we can do it. That’s partly because taking points of a potential title race rival is huge just in terms of points on the board and partly because it’ll be a big statement.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #10433 on: December 11, 2023, 12:51:12 pm »
Kelleher
Bradley endo Q Scanlon
McConnell Elliott Jones
Doak nunex tsimikas

Against Union please

I know it's a dead rubber but Q must be getting on a bit, he's been helping James Bond out for bloody years now.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Hestoic

• Kopite
« Reply #10434 on: December 11, 2023, 12:52:39 pm »
Kloppo Time

Jurgen Klopp has surpassed Alex Ferguson's record of 16 stoppage time winners in Liverpool's win over Crystal Palace on the weekend.

> Jurgen Klopp - 17 from 312 matches.
> Alex Ferguson - 16 from 810 matches.

Knocked off his fucking perch.  ;D

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10435 on: December 11, 2023, 12:58:24 pm »
Knocked off his fucking perch.  ;D

And in only a fraction of the time! Eight years vs 27 years - barely 30%.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #10436 on: December 11, 2023, 01:35:47 pm »
I know it's a dead rubber but Q must be getting on a bit, he's been helping James Bond out for bloody years now.

Quansah bit older than the other, it's true...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10437 on: December 11, 2023, 02:25:41 pm »
Dear Jurgen

Please do not play any first teamers on Thursday in a dead rubber match that has no bearing on final group standings. I point you to the long term injury Jota suffered in the pointless 6th game of the Champions League game a few years ago as a warning to not risk any of the lads.

Ps - We love you, please extend your contract :)

Lovingly,
RAWK
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10438 on: December 11, 2023, 08:35:57 pm »
Q&A the test event tonight...

https://twitter.com/TheAnfieldTalk/status/1734309065948340277

Klopp on failed signings in the summer:

“My god, we were lucky!

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan