Author Topic: Atmosphere at Anfield  (Read 1770739 times)

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Atmosphere at Anfield
« Reply #14400 on: February 6, 2024, 10:05:01 pm »
Wore a sun hat for Wembley in 86, think that was abar my limit. Loved a pin badge though, the small circle one with the liverbird in, none finer.

Ditto.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline bossjon

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14401 on: February 7, 2024, 02:49:58 pm »
With the spring coming and we have the run in both in Europe and the league, I think everyone should really make an effort to make the kop red and white again.

I get the "I´m to cool to wear a liverpool shirt" crowd, but at least come spring time everyone should be able to wear something red or white, even if it is a north face t-shirt or a red lacoste shirt.
At least do that and you don't have to bring a lfc shirt,scarf or a flag (even if I can´t see a reason for not having a scarf if you stand on the Kop on a European night in april/may).

Chelsea 2007, not to many flags but everyone wears red or white or at least have a scarf, a wall of red.

Offline scouse neapolitan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14402 on: February 7, 2024, 09:38:02 pm »
Help get the drone going and I'd wear what you like!!

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #14403 on: February 7, 2024, 09:49:28 pm »
The game v City needs to match the atmosphere from those Chelsea semi finals, particularly the first one. I wasn’t there but remember watching footage on the club website purely of the crowd and noise from just before the final whistle for about 5 minutes after it.

Never heard anything like it. So loud. Gave me goose bumps. You could almost feel it.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Stevo

• Not unique in his worship of Erik Meijer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14404 on: February 8, 2024, 09:53:33 am »
The atmosphere for the hour in the ground BEFORE the Chelsea semi is up there in its own right as one of the best. The place was bouncing, you just knew then we were going to win.

Online GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #14405 on: February 8, 2024, 10:42:28 am »
The atmosphere for the hour in the ground BEFORE the Chelsea semi is up there in its own right as one of the best. The place was bouncing, you just knew then we were going to win.

Loads got in early, and started making noise well before kick-off. I think this had a huge impact on the Chelsea players when they warmed up.

It absolutely has to be the same for City. It's got to have that big game atmosphere where winning is the only thing that will do.
JFT97

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #14406 on: February 8, 2024, 10:55:44 am »
The game v City needs to match the atmosphere from those Chelsea semi finals, particularly the first one. I wasn’t there but remember watching footage on the club website purely of the crowd and noise from just before the final whistle for about 5 minutes after it.

Never heard anything like it. So loud. Gave me goose bumps. You could almost feel it.

You won't ever get a repeat of that night - it was utterly feral, even Barcelona was it's own thing.

I imagine it'll be similar to City in 13-14, that was the most important league game at Anfield in decades. What a day that was too.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/E_AUXWA35LM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/E_AUXWA35LM</a>
:D

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #14407 on: February 8, 2024, 11:20:15 am »
You won't ever get a repeat of that night - it was utterly feral, even Barcelona was it's own thing.

I imagine it'll be similar to City in 13-14, that was the most important league game at Anfield in decades. What a day that was too.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/E_AUXWA35LM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/E_AUXWA35LM</a>
I know it’s probably not repeatable but it should be the aim for that game. We still haven’t won the league with fans in the ground for 34 years. We should be trying to recreate that feral atmosphere for City to give us and the team the best chance to do so
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Shearer

• Kemlynite
« Reply #14408 on: February 9, 2024, 01:28:17 am »
Like I’ve said many times before. Is it that hard to bring a scarf the match?

Somebody should raise this with the club. Can we leave our scarves on the Kop? Can arrangements be made for season tickets holders or people that have a regular spec to leave their scarves on the back of their seat or under it for each game? Wouldn’t be long before there was one on every seat.

Offline Shearer

• Kemlynite
« Reply #14409 on: February 9, 2024, 02:09:32 am »

Right. I’ve managed to aquire 10 3m x 3m chequered flags for the Kop. Obviously I can’t wave all 10 so does anybody want one? If you do I can meet you outside the ground and pass one on to you. You’ll just need a pole. They cost me only about 15 quid each. Not gonna post them out because I really want them going to people who are gonna actually take them into the ground. I use a 5m telescopic fishing pole for mine and it’s perfect.

Offline CornerTakenQuickly

• ORIGAAAAAAAAMIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Kopite
  • I am a Liverpudlian and I come from the Spion Kop
« Reply #14410 on: February 10, 2024, 06:19:50 pm »
Great to see Jürgen giving his appreciation to the three stands that sing at Anfield with the fist bumps at the end.

Offline Saus76

• Complete and utter embarrassment
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #14411 on: February 10, 2024, 07:05:31 pm »
Kop was crap today. The large majority can’t even be arsed to sing our managers name or ‘top of the league’. Out sung at times by the Annie Road too, which looked great from where I sit.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #14412 on: February 10, 2024, 07:13:39 pm »
Kop was crap today. The large majority can’t even be arsed to sing our managers name or ‘top of the league’. Out sung at times by the Annie Road too, which looked great from where I sit.

Klopp doesn't want his name sung.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Saus76

• Anny Roader
« Reply #14413 on: February 10, 2024, 07:24:07 pm »
Klopp doesn't want his name sung.

At the end of the game.

Online andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14414 on: February 10, 2024, 08:00:25 pm »
Loads got in early, and started making noise well before kick-off. I think this had a huge impact on the Chelsea players when they warmed up.

It absolutely has to be the same for City. It's got to have that big game atmosphere where winning is the only thing that will do.

I was in about 6:30 and it was amazing how loud we were with only a few thousand on The Kop.  It was special that night.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2024, 08:02:56 pm by andy07 »
We are Loyal Supporters

Online andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14415 on: February 10, 2024, 08:02:13 pm »

These games happen, today was one of them.  And a bit of healthy rivalry between the Kop and the Rd End is long overdue.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Redbonnie

• Kopite
« Reply #14416 on: February 10, 2024, 08:05:38 pm »
Great noise from the Anfield Road today… George doing the announcements and playing the Smiths at half time and This place at full time. Loads more scarves today and no effin Thunderstruck.   Someone is reading this thread.  :scarf :scarf :scarf

Offline Saus76

• Anny Roader
« Reply #14417 on: February 10, 2024, 08:21:23 pm »
Scarves during YNWA in the Annie Rd looked great today.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #14418 on: February 10, 2024, 08:30:48 pm »

It's not about YNWA. It's about Adidas.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Online GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #14419 on: February 10, 2024, 09:54:02 pm »

Good. Kopites are gobshites anyway.
JFT97

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14420 on: February 10, 2024, 11:02:44 pm »
7 home league games left ladies and gents. Make it fucking count

Online Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #14421 on: February 11, 2024, 12:06:29 am »
So pleased the Annie is a thing again. Sounds like it’s the place to be.

Offline your djemba djembas

• Kemlynite
« Reply #14422 on: February 11, 2024, 12:32:34 am »
Great noise from the Anfield Road today… George doing the announcements and playing the Smiths at half time and This place at full time. Loads more scarves today and no effin Thunderstruck.   Someone is reading this thread.  :scarf :scarf :scarf

Class, what Smiths tunes?

Offline Redbonnie

• Kopite
« Reply #14423 on: February 11, 2024, 05:15:11 am »
Class, what Smiths tunes?

This Charming man …he’s saving There is a light and it never goes out for Klopps last game.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #14424 on: February 11, 2024, 08:06:56 am »
Anyone know what the loud banging in the Upper Main was? Around the hour mark, must have went on for five minutes. Sounded like my bin men waking me up in a morning.
AHA!

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #14425 on: February 11, 2024, 09:46:58 am »
Anyone else ever notice when watching a home game on TV that the crowds singing is always out of sync? one stand is always behind the others esepcially during YNWA

Online mattyyt

• Anny Roader
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #14426 on: February 11, 2024, 10:00:02 am »
I was in U1 right above the Burnley fans and didn’t hear a peep from them except for a single rendition of “where’s your famous atmosphere”, quite ironic

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #14427 on: February 11, 2024, 10:02:58 am »
7 home league games left ladies and gents. Make it fucking count

The more under the lights the better, always harder to get the noise going for the 3.00s. Luton now an evening game which is good.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline CornerTakenQuickly

• ORIGAAAAAAAAMIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Kopite
  • I am a Liverpudlian and I come from the Spion Kop
« Reply #14428 on: February 11, 2024, 10:26:03 am »
Anyone else ever notice when watching a home game on TV that the crowds singing is always out of sync? one stand is always behind the others esepcially during YNWA

Never mind two stands, two sides of one block can't keep in sync with each other most of the time. Yesterday I was in the corner of lower Annie and trying to bring songs over that I could hear on the Kop. You're about 100m away there which probably contributes. Then you have to try to match the pace exactly and if one or two people around you that join in ramp it up a little (and I'm guilty of this too sometimes- not intentionally though), that's all you can hear and you match that pace. You probably have this process happening in 5 different areas of the stand now, so once the whole stand sings in unison, it can be very out of sync and you often have to stop and readjust the pace and where in the song you are. I'm usually back of 305 and it's bad enough there, despite how most of the time we're just continuing chants that have started in that block. Think it's a sign of a good atmosphere though if you can't sing in time, as the more people singing the more difficult it becomes.

Offline bossjon

• Kemlynite
« Reply #14429 on: February 11, 2024, 11:25:06 am »
Never mind two stands, two sides of one block can't keep in sync with each other most of the time. Yesterday I was in the corner of lower Annie and trying to bring songs over that I could hear on the Kop. You're about 100m away there which probably contributes. Then you have to try to match the pace exactly and if one or two people around you that join in ramp it up a little (and I'm guilty of this too sometimes- not intentionally though), that's all you can hear and you match that pace. You probably have this process happening in 5 different areas of the stand now, so once the whole stand sings in unison, it can be very out of sync and you often have to stop and readjust the pace and where in the song you are. I'm usually back of 305 and it's bad enough there, despite how most of the time we're just continuing chants that have started in that block. Think it's a sign of a good atmosphere though if you can't sing in time, as the more people singing the more difficult it becomes.

As we discussed earlier here, with YNWA, geroge just has to play it all the way through and loud, so all the stands can keep the tempo.
Yesterday was another YNWA that was all over the place (like for the last seasons), people have no idea which tempo to sing after the first verse when they fade away the sound. Just keep it going and let the crowd try to sing it louder over the tune.

Otherwise with FOAR and other chants I think it has to do with two things.
1. Tempo of the songs, we need to slow down. Thats how all the kop can join a song and also the other stands
2. New Main Stand. The sound doesnt travel as well from The Kop any longer. The Old Main Stand was super compact, 14k supporters with a low roof and tightly connected to The Kop. No it basically lives its own life in the different tiers.

I think we should really get FOAR going for the rest of the season, just keeping singing it until everyone finds the tempo. After YNWA and after the goals like we used to when everyone is on their feet, usually our loudest and most intimidating chant.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #14430 on: February 11, 2024, 11:28:44 am »
I sit in the lower Kenny and I don’t know what it is, but the ST holders there are seemingly resistant to join in with songs and contribute to the atmosphere, to the point where I think I have started to feel awkward when getting something going or contributing. The larger groups around me feel like they only make noise if it’s to slate the close-by lino etc.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline paisley1977

• Legacy Fan
  • Bob an ordinary man of extraordinary greatness.
« Reply #14431 on: February 11, 2024, 12:41:44 pm »
I sit in the lower Kenny and I don’t know what it is, but the ST holders there are seemingly resistant to join in with songs and contribute to the atmosphere, to the point where I think I have started to feel awkward when getting something going or contributing. The larger groups around me feel like they only make noise if it’s to slate the close-by lino etc.

I think Jurgen has as noticed that's why you don't get a fist pump.
I've been here during the bad times,we finished second once.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #14432 on: February 11, 2024, 12:43:18 pm »

Never let anything put you off from singing mate, just do your own things. I always did wherever I sat.  :D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #14433 on: February 11, 2024, 01:51:03 pm »
I sit in the lower Kenny as well mate and honestly, there's people there that never utter a peep and always shout for people to sit down if you dare get up during a chance on goal. Just sing and chant mate, do what you want as long as it's supporting the team and adding to the atmosphere.

There's a fella in front of me who's the most miserable negative fucker ever, just shakes his head all game at everything and was disgusted with the teams taking a knee before games - he has no shame in being a miserable fucker, so don't feel any shame in being a positive, loud fucker mate.
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14434 on: February 11, 2024, 01:52:46 pm »
I was in U1 right above the Burnley fans and didn’t hear a peep from them except for a single rendition of “where’s your famous atmosphere”, quite ironic
That's the quietest away fans I think I've ever seen at Anfield, only woke up after their goal and was only for a couple of minutes. They looked proper dejected, which was excellent to see.
Stan Laurel

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14435 on: February 11, 2024, 03:01:26 pm »

6 of us were sharing 4 STs back in the 00's and we had a vote and moved to the Kop in 07 because of how shite it was in there
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14436 on: February 11, 2024, 04:20:25 pm »
This is a fuckin happy thread isn't it ?
A win for the Liverpool country

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14437 on: February 11, 2024, 08:03:06 pm »
This is a fuckin happy thread isn't it ?
Where in Anfield is your seat? I'm very jealous that you don't have anything to moan about it to be honest! ;D
Stan Laurel

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #14438 on: February 11, 2024, 08:11:31 pm »
I shouldn’t moan too much because I do appreciate the gilded position of actually having a season ticket. Will be looking to get in the Kop if the opportunity presents itself though. The bloke that sits next to me veers between comic relief and an absolute nuisance. Always leaves at around 80 mins too, regardless of the situation with the game.

It was great to have the new stand full yesterday too, I do wonder at what stage they think enough is enough with development? Can’t imagine they’d try and make the Kop two tiers.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #14439 on: February 11, 2024, 08:44:30 pm »

It was like that in the late 90s when I used to frequent it!