Author Topic: Atmosphere at Anfield  (Read 1784829 times)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Re: Atmosphere at Anfield
« Reply #14200 on: January 2, 2024, 01:27:50 am »
It won’t get closed down.  Why would it get closed down?  Are all 7000 going to fall into the lower tier if they stand up?
The club are talking about reducing capacity in there now due to persistent standing. That's according to a piece in the Echo.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14201 on: January 2, 2024, 01:29:19 am »
The club are talking about reducing capacity in there now due to persistent standing. That's according to a piece in the Echo.

They should have installed safe standing then.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #14202 on: January 2, 2024, 01:33:54 am »
They should have installed safe standing then.
They should.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Saus76

• Complete and utter embarrassment
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #14203 on: January 2, 2024, 02:47:14 am »
so it gets closed down?  good move, that.

The Kop would have been closed down 20 years ago then.

Offline OzBomber

• Favourite manager Tommy Tootchel favourite Player Naby 'lid' Kyta
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14204 on: January 2, 2024, 03:44:44 am »
Not sure if it's different at the ground, but on tv the new Upper Annie clearly drowns out the away support. Have barely heard a whimper out of United, Arsenal or Newcastle's fans since the stand was opened.

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14205 on: January 2, 2024, 08:24:49 am »
Not sure if it's different at the ground, but on tv the new Upper Annie clearly drowns out the away support. Have barely heard a whimper out of United, Arsenal or Newcastle's fans since the stand was opened.

Thing is even in the ground you hardly hear away fans, esp if you are singing/making noise.

Its why all these stupid shouts from Opposition supporters about the atmosphere are nonsense a lot of the time as they are in their own little bubble in the ground and as away fans you tend to make noise all game so you won't hear the kop.

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #14206 on: January 2, 2024, 08:54:48 am »
Thing is even in the ground you hardly hear away fans, esp if you are singing/making noise.

Its why all these stupid shouts from Opposition supporters about the atmosphere are nonsense a lot of the time as they are in their own little bubble in the ground and as away fans you tend to make noise all game so you won't hear the kop.
Yep true this.

Been in the lower Annie the last 2 games in Al2 and only once or twice did the sound carry over from the away fans. Had a great time last night.

Offline tbonejones

• Dr. Doolittle
  • Legacy Fan
  • We'll be coming down the road...
« Reply #14207 on: January 2, 2024, 09:48:20 am »
It was genuinely fantastic in the upper Annie last night, well in everyone!
Journo: ''So, let me get this right, train, coach, train, plane.''
Rafa: ''No, coach first because we will not be walking to the train station.''

Don't Buy The Sun - www.dontbuythesun.co.uk

It was poodle. She was rocking a fucking poodle to sleep.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14208 on: January 2, 2024, 09:55:28 am »
It was genuinely fantastic in the upper Annie last night, well in everyone!
Being at the Kop end of the Kenny stand I didn't notice, which is unfortunate actually - I wish I was able to appreciate it.
Overall it was good, not excellent but certainly a very good atmosphere.

Offline CornerTakenQuickly

• ORIGAAAAAAAAMIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Kopite
  • I am a Liverpudlian and I come from the Spion Kop
« Reply #14209 on: January 2, 2024, 09:56:21 am »

Definitely feel like I hear the Annie Road a lot more now than I used to. For reference I'm row 74 of the Kop so too far back to even see the upper tier. They started the allez allez allez at the end, which even got some people in the lower main and lower Kenny standing. I think it's surprised most people how good the atmosphere has been in the upper annie

Offline tbonejones

• Dr. Doolittle
  • Legacy Fan
  • We'll be coming down the road...
« Reply #14210 on: January 2, 2024, 10:15:01 am »
Boss again in the Upper Anny tonight; the concourse designers have done a great job with how fast you can get served, no need to dart a few minutes early up there, which helps a lot with maintaining an atmosphere just before halftime.

Agree with this. I managed to go to the toilet and get a beer at HT easily yesterday. There are loads of staff working in those island bars.
Journo: ''So, let me get this right, train, coach, train, plane.''
Rafa: ''No, coach first because we will not be walking to the train station.''

Don't Buy The Sun - www.dontbuythesun.co.uk

It was poodle. She was rocking a fucking poodle to sleep.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14211 on: January 2, 2024, 10:16:55 am »
Wait until the corporates are open, it may only last until then! :D

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #14212 on: January 2, 2024, 11:07:59 am »
Definitely feel like I hear the Annie Road a lot more now than I used to. For reference I'm row 74 of the Kop so too far back to even see the upper tier. They started the allez allez allez at the end, which even got some people in the lower main and lower Kenny standing. I think it's surprised most people how good the atmosphere has been in the upper annie

Important for when we're kicking towards the Anny second half in a game like yesterday where we haven't got the breakthrough first half.

Also, you don't want all the noise coming out of that end from the away fans. I find with English away fans if you're loud they stay quiet. They wait for the ground to go quiet so they can chant all their shite. Away fans in the European games usually sing all game so that'll add to it if the Anny is better for those games.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14213 on: January 2, 2024, 11:08:53 am »
Wait until the corporates are open, it may only last until then! :D

The middle bit with the corporates (missing bit now) will be useless but hopefully lower and upper can keep the noise going.

Online DangerScouse

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14214 on: January 2, 2024, 11:12:39 am »
The middle bit with the corporates (missing bit now) will be useless but hopefully lower and upper can keep the noise going.

Ah, yeah should do. I was jesting about the numbers of staff!

Offline kop306

• Kopite
« Reply #14215 on: January 2, 2024, 11:12:44 am »
can you smell what the kop is cooking

Offline Redbonnie

• Kopite
« Reply #14216 on: January 2, 2024, 12:29:32 pm »
Ring of fire at kickoff instead of thunderstruck and one kiss at full time, George has got the message, Atmosphere was great I thought.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14217 on: January 2, 2024, 04:32:10 pm »
Ring of fire at kickoff instead of thunderstruck and one kiss at full time, George has got the message, Atmosphere was great I thought.
Playing Jamie Webster just before YNWA was superb also.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #14218 on: January 2, 2024, 04:44:11 pm »
It sounded great on the commentary I was listening too, so well done everyone.  :D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #14219 on: January 2, 2024, 06:27:07 pm »
Really good atmosphere in the upper Annie last night. It helps when there’s so much going on on the pitch but I felt a sense of comradery in U9. Best game in all comps I’ve been too this season for all round entertainment.

We need to keep that up

Online Wildthing

• Boys Pen
« Reply #14220 on: January 2, 2024, 11:21:56 pm »
I was in the new Upper Annie for the first time on Monday evening and was impressed by the contribution we all made to the atmosphere in the stadium.  It did feel that everybody came to the game fired up to make some noise.  I started standing in the old Anfield Rd End as a teenager in the late 1970's, having "graduated" from the main stand paddock.  I preferred the Annie Rd End because it gave the best view of the mesmerizing movement and noise from the swaying Kop at the other end of the field, which for those old enough to have witnessed was one of the wonders of the world.  In those days there was friendly rivalry between the two stands based on mutual respect and if the Kop had gone a little quiet the Annie Rd would tease them by either starting songs at our end or blasting out a verse or two of "Kopites are G......" (the Auld Arses like me can fill in the blanks).  Pretty much always got the desired effect and the Kop would fire into action - it was all good fun.  Not looking to give a history lesson and we can't completely recreate the past, but no reason why the new Annie Road End once fully assembled can't re-initiate the friendly rivalry and bring even more noise and energy and start some new traditions  Finally, shout out to the Sir Kenny Dalglish Stand for getting a number of songs going last night.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #14221 on: January 2, 2024, 11:52:32 pm »

Playing Jamie Webster just before YNWA was superb also.

Yep, it was superb & importantly, fun! Long may it continue!  :scarf
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #14222 on: January 3, 2024, 11:24:23 pm »
I was in the new Upper Annie for the first time on Monday evening and was impressed by the contribution we all made to the atmosphere in the stadium.  It did feel that everybody came to the game fired up to make some noise.  I started standing in the old Anfield Rd End as a teenager in the late 1970's, having "graduated" from the main stand paddock.  I preferred the Annie Rd End because it gave the best view of the mesmerizing movement and noise from the swaying Kop at the other end of the field, which for those old enough to have witnessed was one of the wonders of the world.  In those days there was friendly rivalry between the two stands based on mutual respect and if the Kop had gone a little quiet the Annie Rd would tease them by either starting songs at our end or blasting out a verse or two of "Kopites are G......" (the Auld Arses like me can fill in the blanks).  Pretty much always got the desired effect and the Kop would fire into action - it was all good fun.  Not looking to give a history lesson and we can't completely recreate the past, but no reason why the new Annie Road End once fully assembled can't re-initiate the friendly rivalry and bring even more noise and energy and start some new traditions  Finally, shout out to the Sir Kenny Dalglish Stand for getting a number of songs going last night.
Well, there’s a great first post if ever I’ve read one. Welcome to Rawk. I was one of the gobshites you were singing to back in the day :D

(Incidentally, I really don’t like karaoke and so have only ever done it once….to your username ;D)

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14223 on: January 4, 2024, 12:35:03 am »

:wellin

an early painting of the Road End v Leeds in the 78 - you can just make out Blackbeard there on the ramparts

Online Wildthing

• Boys Pen
« Reply #14224 on: January 4, 2024, 11:10:25 am »
It did look and feel a bit like that at times, particularly up in the far corner, with the "home guard" division of the Annie Road!  I was always located behind the goal about half way up.  Thanks for the visuals!!

Offline Shearer

• Kemlynite
« Reply #14225 on: January 9, 2024, 10:27:29 pm »
Atmosphere is coming back especially after Klopps comments. Just need to get the flags back now. Flags are dying off massively and the only flags in the whole ground now are the ones organised before KO by the Spion Kop 1906 lads. Nobody else bothers now and it’s a shame. It’s one of the things that makes Anfield unique. Or at least it was.

Online DangerScouse

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14226 on: January 9, 2024, 10:30:12 pm »
Atmosphere is coming back especially after Klopps comments. Just need to get the flags back now. Flags are dying off massively and the only flags in the whole ground now are the ones organised before KO by the Spion Kop 1906 lads. Nobody else bothers now and it’s a shame. It’s one of the things that makes Anfield unique. Or at least it was.

The club were acting the complete c*nt with one individual who's responsible for many of the banners.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14227 on: January 9, 2024, 10:31:29 pm »

Important the crowd raised it for that tough run of home games. Klopp knew we'd need the crowd against Arsenal and Newcastle and they responded.

With it being only a first leg tomorrow and Fulham (i.e. not a rival club) it probably won't be the typical semi final atmosphere though. It'll be more reactive to the performance.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #14228 on: January 10, 2024, 08:55:47 am »
The club were acting the complete c*nt with one individual who's responsible for many of the banners.
Is this Imperator? Was this around the time all Grounds were trying to ban Palestine flags? Any chance he can be convinced to return?

It was very noticeable to me as well at the Arsenal game when I was opposite in the ARU.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14229 on: January 10, 2024, 09:15:05 am »
Is this Imperator? Was this around the time all Grounds were trying to ban Palestine flags? Any chance he can be convinced to return?

It was very noticeable to me as well at the Arsenal game when I was opposite in the ARU.

Yeah, they initially banned an Endo banner, then it escalated from there and he's now been told he's not allowed any of his banners in the ground or something along those lines.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #14230 on: January 10, 2024, 11:56:15 am »
There have been no banners on the new Main stand since the Endo one was banned (as far as I can see from my seat in the Lower Kenny). It doesn't look like the club or Imperator have shifted from their positions.

Judging by the pre-match email the club keep sending out, they are really *really* concerned about standing in the new Anfield Road stand and that banners outside of the permitted 1m x 2m size are banned. It doesn't look as if there will be any movement on the issue.

I'm not expecting anything in terms of atmosphere tonight.

Offline Stevo

• Not unique in his worship of Erik Meijer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14231 on: January 10, 2024, 12:10:29 pm »
It kind of undermines us having safe standing areas if we’re not enforcing seating in other areas. We would have had to demonstrate a lot to get the certificate for the safe standing so I think it will work both ways.

What we should be doing is making it easier for people to sit/stand where they want and there shouldn’t be such a huge gulf in price between stands. If people would rather sit in the main stand and watch they should be able to do so for the same price as someone who wants to go crazy behind the goal, but if your first priority is cost you’re going to get/hold on to the cheapest ticket.

Offline deanloco9

• Kopite
« Reply #14232 on: January 10, 2024, 11:10:46 pm »
What’s with playing one kiss in a semi final first leg?  :o

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14233 on: January 10, 2024, 11:15:30 pm »

Must better than better than getting me ears blown off by thunderstruck before the game. Fucking hate that song.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #14234 on: January 10, 2024, 11:21:55 pm »
Must better than better than getting me ears blown off by thunderstruck before the game. Fucking hate that song.

"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline deanloco9

• Kopite
« Reply #14235 on: January 10, 2024, 11:22:36 pm »

Haha! Glad Thunderstruck is taking a break! Sick of hearing it 😂😂

Steward in  AL7 at the stairs is an Everton fan or a moody one I think, threatened to kick a fan out for standing on his chair when we scored

Offline your djemba djembas

• Kemlynite
« Reply #14236 on: January 10, 2024, 11:33:07 pm »

Can't say I'm a fan. One for the kids

Should give 'There she's goes' a spin though
« Last Edit: January 10, 2024, 11:37:54 pm by your djemba djembas »

Offline deanloco9

• Kopite
« Reply #14237 on: January 11, 2024, 12:26:42 am »
Wtf was the darts music about?

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #14238 on: January 11, 2024, 12:29:20 am »
Much more young scousers around me tonight in the upper main and it made a big difference to the atmosphere. Still a lot of silent tourists but overall, that was way better.

Fuck knows what was going on with the pre-match songs, but glad ACDC's been binned off!
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Online gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14239 on: January 11, 2024, 12:31:08 am »
Much more young scousers around me tonight in the upper main and it made a big difference to the atmosphere. Still a lot of silent tourists but overall, that was way better.

Fuck knows what was going on with the pre-match songs, but glad ACDC's been binned off!

Scouse fella behind me tonight with his daughter , didn’t know who konate was , realised after twenty minutes it was a semi final and then got told it was two legs …then fucked off on 85 mins