Author Topic: What Car Do You Own/Drive?  (Read 486709 times)

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Re: What Car Do You Own/Drive?
« Reply #4160 on: April 24, 2015, 08:36:39 pm »
This
You are Jeremy Clarkson and I claim my £5.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #4161 on: April 25, 2015, 12:31:50 pm »
Hopefully picking it up one day this week....unfortuantely it's as if the guy I'm dealing with doesn't actually want to sell me the bloody thing lol

On the tuning front, might give him a ring but I had a bit of an epiphany, one of my mate's from back in the day does this sort of thing to a living. Gave him a bell after not speaking to him in almost 20 years and he's gunna do it for mate's rates....what a guy!

Absolutely delighted with it 8) 8) 8) 8)

Got it tuned on the way home from picking it up...added 30 horses and 65 torques...pulls like a train ;D

Just had the stereo/sat-nav fitted and all the speakers upgraded, absolutely made up with the results! 8)

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #4162 on: April 25, 2015, 12:47:49 pm »

Absolutely delighted with it 8) 8) 8) 8)

Got it tuned on the way home from picking it up...added 30 horses and 65 torques...pulls like a train ;D

Just had the stereo/sat-nav fitted and all the speakers upgraded, absolutely made up with the results! 8)
Not gerrin laid laid,eh... :P
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4163 on: April 25, 2015, 12:53:36 pm »
Not gerrin laid laid,eh... :P
Come again?

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #4164 on: April 25, 2015, 01:05:31 pm »
Come again?
Give us half an hour la...

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4165 on: April 25, 2015, 01:09:02 pm »
Give us half an hour la...
Mucky fucker ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #4166 on: April 25, 2015, 01:22:11 pm »
Mucky fucker ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
;D

I'm just thinking yer having a mid life moment..car instead of a 19 year old gf.... ;) me missus just liked it...she likes fast cars..her main car just now is a Cayenne.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4167 on: April 25, 2015, 01:33:26 pm »
;D

I'm just thinking yer having a mid life moment..car instead of a 19 year old gf.... ;) me missus just liked it...she likes fast cars..her main car just now is a Cayenne.
Moment? It's a diesel 4 door saloon! And mid life? I'm 35 you cheeky fucker! >:(

19 year old girlfriends are fun for about an hour a day....a royal pain in the arse the rest! ::)

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #4168 on: April 25, 2015, 01:56:12 pm »
Moment? It's a diesel 4 door saloon! And mid life? I'm 35 you cheeky fucker! >:(

19 year old girlfriends are fun for about an hour a day....a royal pain in the arse the rest! ::)
I know nowt abar cars...they're expensive..other than that...

That's mid life for you lad...

And if they're a pain in your arse...maybe you need to dl a sex manual... ;D

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4169 on: April 25, 2015, 02:05:43 pm »
And if they're a pain in your arse...maybe you need to dl a sex manual... ;D
Or just get them to use more lube? ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4170 on: April 25, 2015, 03:16:50 pm »
on the look out for a new car

i do 600 miles a week easy

any recommendations? I know diesel is the obvious answer and i already own one but its time to trade up

anything economical/affordable/reliable people can recommend?
Go Toyota/Lexus. indestructible.

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/the-10-most-reliable-car-brands-from-a-car-117171887192.html

Offline NANDO09

• Main Stander
« Reply #4171 on: April 28, 2015, 06:10:10 pm »
Hi, I'm considering leasing either a Golf, 1 series or A1. Which would people suggest?

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #4172 on: April 28, 2015, 06:39:18 pm »
Hi, I'm considering leasing either a Golf, 1 series or A1. Which would people suggest?
A1 is smaller than the other two.  An A3 would be about the same size..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #4173 on: April 28, 2015, 08:35:47 pm »
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4174 on: April 28, 2015, 11:35:37 pm »
Folks

If you're selling your car privately be aware of a scam email asking to pay for it without seeing it

Unfortunately I've replied to him. So I've deleted my Bank cards from PayPal. Also emailed PayPal. Doesn't look like the account was touched. I didn't give him bank or PayPal details but going to ring my bank tomorrow to be sure

Just to warn you lot. It'll ask you to provide details and claim he works in the marines and can't view the car

Run a mile!!!!!

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4175 on: April 29, 2015, 10:59:48 pm »
Folks

If you're selling your car privately be aware of a scam email asking to pay for it without seeing it

Unfortunately I've replied to him. So I've deleted my Bank cards from PayPal. Also emailed PayPal. Doesn't look like the account was touched. I didn't give him bank or PayPal details but going to ring my bank tomorrow to be sure

Just to warn you lot. It'll ask you to provide details and claim he works in the marines and can't view the car

Run a mile!!!!!

Heard of that scam before, they're usually on an oil rig somewhere. From what I've read about it, what they are trying to do is get you to sell them the car, with a third party shipping company coming to collect. They will pay by Pay Pal and then claim a refund/chargeback once they have your car.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4176 on: May 1, 2015, 11:16:11 am »
Heard of that scam before, they're usually on an oil rig somewhere. From what I've read about it, what they are trying to do is get you to sell them the car, with a third party shipping company coming to collect. They will pay by Pay Pal and then claim a refund/chargeback once they have your car.
yep needless to say i ceased contact with them

almost fell for it

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #4177 on: June 4, 2015, 08:01:35 pm »
2015 BMW X3

2015 Lexus RX 350

2015 Honda CR-V

2015 Hyundai Tucson

Anyone have any experience with the above? Driving and whatnot?

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4178 on: June 5, 2015, 07:45:08 pm »
I have about £8000, could go a bit higher if I wanted and want a new car, I'm thinking a Golf to be honest but I just don't know what to get, I'm kinda clueless with cars, anyone?

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #4179 on: June 5, 2015, 07:47:09 pm »
I have about £8000, could go a bit higher if I wanted and want a new car, I'm thinking a Golf to be honest but I just don't know what to get, I'm kinda clueless with cars, anyone?

Well with 8 grand you'll be buying second hand but there's a vast choice of used motors for that kind of money. Nothing wrong with a Golf, depends what your preferences are and motoring needs - do you need a family car? Is performance important? Fuel economy? Insurance etc?
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4180 on: June 5, 2015, 07:48:39 pm »
Well with 8 grand you'll be buying second hand but there's a vast choice of used motors for that kind of money. Nothing wrong with a Golf, depends what your preferences are and motoring needs - do you need a family car? Is performance important? Fuel economy? Insurance etc?

Probably be insurance but I'll be touching 2 years no claims soon so... Still young with no kids so just want a sporty car really. Only got an old shape Corsa at the moment so want an upgrade but I really don't know if I have the money to afford a nice newish Golf

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4181 on: June 5, 2015, 07:53:00 pm »
I might get one of them new shape 'limited edition' Corsas, anyone have one?

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4182 on: June 5, 2015, 08:16:20 pm »
I might get one of them new shape 'limited edition' Corsas, anyone have one?
170bhp Seat Leon FR

I think they got a face lift in 09 so try for one about there or later and try to go private if you can and sell your current motor after :wave

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4183 on: June 5, 2015, 08:19:01 pm »
170bhp Seat Leon FR

I think they got a face lift in 09 so try for one about there or later and try to go private if you can and sell your current motor after :wave

Looked at them too, absolutely love them. I will probably end up with one of these to be honest.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4184 on: June 5, 2015, 11:39:02 pm »
Looked at them too, absolutely love them. I will probably end up with one of these to be honest.
And 170bhp will be nippy without killing you on the insurance or on running costs 8)

I think someone bought one brand new a few pages back and was absolutely fucking made up with it :wave

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4185 on: June 12, 2015, 06:00:52 pm »
Looking at a 2007 BMW 3 series. 70k miles. Any reason not to buy?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #4186 on: June 12, 2015, 09:03:36 pm »

Because it is not a Subaru.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4187 on: June 12, 2015, 09:05:11 pm »
Because it is not a Subaru.

:thumbup

Going to test drive the new Forester tomorrow.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4188 on: June 12, 2015, 09:06:02 pm »
Good man.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4189 on: June 12, 2015, 09:11:03 pm »
Apart from it not being a Subaru, any reason not to buy  :D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Crimson_Tank

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4190 on: June 12, 2015, 10:08:20 pm »
Well, why buy anything that is not a Subaru?

Legit question that.

If you can afford the BMW then you can afford the Outback/impreza.

Both are better values, better cars, cheaper to run, cheaper to insure, and will out last the BMW.

And they are AWD standard.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4191 on: June 13, 2015, 10:59:11 pm »
I now drive this

« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 03:36:59 am by Chakan »

Offline Crimson_Tank

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4192 on: June 13, 2015, 11:50:52 pm »
Nice look that.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4193 on: June 14, 2015, 03:37:22 am »
Nice look that.

Thanks, pretty happy with it so far. Lots of bells and whistles and drives nicely as well.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4194 on: June 14, 2015, 10:46:35 am »
Just ordered the new xe sport  jaguar , test drove last week and got to wait until September for delivery , replacing an xtype which I've had from new in 2002  , been a fantastic car so happy to stay with the brand

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #4195 on: June 14, 2015, 11:08:10 am »
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #4196 on: June 14, 2015, 11:34:41 am »
Just ordered the new xe sport  jaguar , test drove last week and got to wait until September for delivery , replacing an xtype which I've had from new in 2002  , been a fantastic car so happy to stay with the brand

Are they reliable?

Id guess so if he's had it for 13 yrs and was happy with it.
JFT 96

Offline Crimson_Tank

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4197 on: June 14, 2015, 02:42:13 pm »
Hmmm.

Nothing to "hmmm" over really, unless you are like me and prefer the Outback over the Forrester.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4198 on: June 14, 2015, 03:04:16 pm »

None.

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4199 on: June 14, 2015, 03:10:30 pm »
I now drive this

Still single?

(joking)