Author Topic: What Car Do You Own/Drive?  (Read 486734 times)

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: What Car Do You Own/Drive?
« Reply #4360 on: February 17, 2016, 02:07:25 pm »
Sort of related, so thought I'd ask in here, anyone know the best place now for selling your old car for scrap. Been told the value for scrap metal is quite low at the moment, but just wondered who was paying the most in Liverpool....ta'
Need to scrap ours, got offered £87 if we drop it off in bank hall! Scrap prices must be through the floor.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #4361 on: February 17, 2016, 07:53:32 pm »
Had Saab Aeros for the last ten years, didn't really have a desire to change and probably wouldn't have had Saab not gone bust but just got a Merc e350 coupe on a last day of the month deal 'bargain' if you can ever call a Merc a bargain!

Always had a manual and I've changed to an automatic. It's like driving whilst still in bed!

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4362 on: February 17, 2016, 09:16:10 pm »
I drive a Ford Tippex, won it in a competition on the back of a Cornflakes pack.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #4363 on: February 17, 2016, 09:17:35 pm »
I drive a Ford Tippex, won it in a competition on the back of a Cornflakes pack.

Here today, gone tomorrow?

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4364 on: February 18, 2016, 11:35:36 am »
Had a new TT on loan for a few hours yesterday as we're thinking of getting one later this year.  I know the prevailing, neolithic opinion among some is that it's a 'hairdresser's car' but it has, without doubt, the best interior of any car I've driven.

If I did more miles every year it would be a no brainer, there's nowhere I'd rather spend it. 

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4365 on: February 19, 2016, 05:18:27 pm »
We're off to get our new car tomorrow and sorting out the insurance and all that and just been looking at breakdown cover. Green Flag is the cheapest and seem to be quite comprehensive (Recovery Plus) but any one had any good or bad experiences with the others or knows the equivalent policy to be cheaper with them? (The options are confusing!)

I have got a natwest account that supposedly has green flag cover but the car won't be in my name and the wording suggests it has to be... anyone know if it's just got to be at your address?!

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4366 on: February 19, 2016, 08:04:14 pm »
Claire, if its new you'll get a year roadside assistance, but even if its second hand you may get 3-months cover.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4367 on: February 19, 2016, 10:11:05 pm »
Thinking of a Range Rover evoque for next car.  Anyone drive one of these and if so what are they like?  Fancy one in black and they look the part but of course once you decide you want one you seem to see loads of them on the road.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4368 on: February 19, 2016, 10:14:51 pm »
Thinking of a Range Rover evoque for next car.  Anyone drive one of these and if so what are they like?  Fancy one in black and they look the part but of course once you decide you want one you seem to see loads of them on the road.
Unless you're the girlfriend of a low level drug dealer from by ours I'd swerve it.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #4369 on: February 19, 2016, 10:26:42 pm »
North end lemo slags don't count, Claire.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #4370 on: March 12, 2016, 08:41:22 am »
Got 2k saved. Been looking at the focus c max. Should I consider any other mpv, what are the French makes like?
Thanks for any advice / recommendations
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4371 on: March 13, 2016, 01:38:52 am »
Had a little bit of a bump yesterday.

Went into the back of the car approx 5mph. It was a que of traffic, he went, I went, he freaked and i was in my own world and didn't break. I did hit him.

We got out, no marks on my car and from what I could see no marks on his car, although it was dirty so may have been a scratch underneath.

The fella was really nice, said he was fine and said there looks no marks but he would have to check it properly. I said if there is any damage could I pay the cash instead of insurance, he said unfortunately not because it's a company car. We exchanged details - he took my registration number, model of car and number. Shook hands and off he went.

Hasn't been in touch yet but obviously only happened yesterday. What's the chances of getting out of this without a claim against me?

Slim to none? Hoping the fella sees there is no real damage and can't be bothered with the hassle of claiming etc. Although unfortunately I've only been driving two years, so my insurance will shoot up as it'll kill my no claims.
Bit late on this one but did you hear from his insurance company then? I had the exact same thing except it was vice versa. Think my insurance rang him a few days later to recover costs.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #4372 on: March 13, 2016, 04:04:50 pm »
Used Subaru or Volvo, they have boot space and last for ages, and you lot can get the diesel models that they don't sell in the states.

Should be able to fine a decent used car for such runabouts to IKEA and traveling to work for around that 2.5k.

I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline Alf Garnett!

• widely excepted yet secretly cryptic - cower ye before the mighty crusher of yellow walls. Video Embedder Extraordinaire
  • Legacy Fan
  • *Davo*It don't get better than this.
« Reply #4373 on: March 13, 2016, 04:22:52 pm »
Got 2k saved. Been looking at the focus c max. Should I consider any other mpv, what are the French makes like?
Thanks for any advice / recommendations

c max's are vunerable to gearbox failure.  ;)

Offline barnseysbarmyarmy

• Kopite
  • You know nothing John Snow (except current affairs
« Reply #4374 on: March 13, 2016, 05:32:09 pm »
Ordering a new Honda Civic Dtec this week. First new car ill ever have owned.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #4375 on: March 13, 2016, 08:52:57 pm »
Snip
I'd have said Vectra or Mondeo (as long as you're not arsed about the badge like). You'll get far more for your money than you would with a Volvo or Suburu.....that being said, you get what you pay for in the long run I suppose!

Example Mondeo

Example Vectra

A couple there just for comparisons sake....sure you could get either closer to £2.5k for cash with no P/X :wave

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4376 on: March 13, 2016, 10:20:17 pm »
Thanks for taking the time mate - there's a lot of car there in that Mondeo - that's given me a different avenue of thought.

If you look at a Vectra, check that everything electrical works and that both rear doors are actually locked when you lock the car and that the interior lights come on when you open the door. Also check that the doors will actually open. The doors failing to open is a common fault. My wife has on 06 Astra and the cables are too short that go into the doors, which is also a fault on Vauxhalls. With a lot of use (2 kids in and out) the wires stretch and break. Ours won't lock on the passenger side and needs to go into an auto electrician at some point soon.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #4377 on: March 14, 2016, 11:04:05 am »
Took one of these for a test drive at the weekend, honestly in love with it, Audi S5 Quattro, probably one of the best handling and most responsive cars I've driven, the engine on it is something else!!

Online exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #4378 on: March 14, 2016, 03:02:11 pm »
Car shopping this coming weekend, think its a straight battle between the BMW X3 and the Mercedes CLA 250. 
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #4379 on: March 14, 2016, 04:17:11 pm »
Took one of these for a test drive at the weekend, honestly in love with it, Audi S5 Quattro, probably one of the best handling and most responsive cars I've driven, the engine on it is something else!!

Fucking lovely that and defo in the ring for my next car (in 2-3 years mind).

You made a call on it? Buying it from new?

I'm thinking Black Edition 6-12 months old in 2 years ;)

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4380 on: March 19, 2016, 09:18:34 pm »
Thanks for taking the time mate - there's a lot of car there in that Mondeo - that's given me a different avenue of thought.

My Volvo just turned over 150k this week.
Still on original clutch, and exhaust.
Sat in it is just luxury, doors shut with a clunk.
It rides like a dream, and not like being sat in a biscuit tin.
Sure, it only does 33mpg average, but it weighs close to 2 tonnes, and carts me and my work gear(250kg) around, with a ladder on the roof and never, ever misses a beat.
Bought her at 126k 2 years ago.
Spent 81 quid on her in that time.
Full leather, heated seats, etc etc.
And when the clutch does go, it will cost me 400 notes, not the 1000 most diesels cost, no egr etc to worry about.
Also, go on the insurance comparison websites. Cheaper than Mondeo/Vectra etc to insure, by quite a stretch.
I'm currently doing 2000 miles a month. I know I'd save a few quid getting a diesel, but I'd not swap the reliability for anything. I'll be back here in a few years telling you all how it's just knocked over 200k and still on original clutch etc....

I've got the 2.4 170bhp SE manual.
Cost me 1600. You'd get one for about 1300 now.
Stay away from the turbo versions and you'll be laughing all the way to the bank.
Mine transported me at 120mph from the footy last week, and on the M74 up into Scotland topped out at 141 mph.
Felt like we were doing 80.

At a steady 65 it will do 39 mpg.
At the speeds I was doing it cost me 37 quid to do the 170 miles from L4 to Moffat. About 160 miles  ;D

This is pretty much exactly what I use as a work car.
Did I mention they have the best factory fit stereo on the market ?
Go for the non estate s60 and it will prolly be at least 25/30% cheaper.
Never let mileage put you off, with Volvo/Saab/Subaru etc, as long as it's got a good history 200k+ is a doddle. Much better lifespan than their german counterparts.

If you'd still rather a Mondeo though....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2002-02-VOLVO-V70-2-4-170-SE-ESTATE-FULL-SE-SPEC-NEW-MOT-DOLBY-NO-RESERVE-/152018959026?hash=item2365093ab2:g:~QIAAOSwr7ZW6rkV
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 09:43:11 pm by L666KLOPP »
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #4381 on: March 23, 2016, 09:39:05 am »
I thought the new Mustang would be a huge plastic thing but seems a hell of a car! Very pretty in real life

Offline pw1008

• Kopite
« Reply #4382 on: March 23, 2016, 10:13:33 am »
not really related to owning a car but I was driving to work this morning and for those that know it was driving towards the m62 near huyton under a little bridge near pilch lane.

Audi A3 coming towards me and seemed to have something stuck in the grill. as it got closer there was a massive bird either a patridge or grouse or something smilar stuck in it. Don't envy the fella taking that out!

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #4383 on: March 23, 2016, 11:42:01 am »
Fucking lovely that and defo in the ring for my next car (in 2-3 years mind).

You made a call on it? Buying it from new?

I'm thinking Black Edition 6-12 months old in 2 years ;)

If I buy it eventually, it will be around the same time frame as you, so in 2-3 years, I just bought a second hand BMW 1 series a couple months ago, wanted to see what this is like, honestly, bloooooooody lovely, it felt and handled like a dream, looks amazing and it's just a proper car... I love it but brand new it is out of my price range, deffo one for a couple years down the line second hand though, easy call, it's gonna happen!

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4384 on: March 23, 2016, 05:04:50 pm »
If I buy it eventually, it will be around the same time frame as you, so in 2-3 years, I just bought a second hand BMW 1 series a couple months ago, wanted to see what this is like, honestly, bloooooooody lovely, it felt and handled like a dream, looks amazing and it's just a proper car... I love it but brand new it is out of my price range, deffo one for a couple years down the line second hand though, easy call, it's gonna happen!

I had one for 3.5 years. It's a brilliant car. Never had any issues. Responsive and just all round great drive. The V8 is also amazing and always seemed upset at low miles per hour. For a 4.2L petrol engine I don't recall filling up all the time either when on long distances.

I miss it all the time  :(
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline butchersdog

• Scouse Tiger.....grrrr :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #4385 on: March 23, 2016, 06:21:51 pm »
Got an 07 2.0 Z4 M sport as the daily driver. Wanted something interesting/fun, but that wouldn't break the bank for commuting. The theory was that if I don't drive a two seater now, I probably never will, if I end up getting married etc. Bought it in September, looking forward to the summer. Spent a bit getting it right, had the wheels refurbed, front bumper painted, and replaced the terrible (the ride was completely unacceptable, bordering on scary when driving quickly) Bridgestone run flats for a set of normal Good Year Eagle F1s and a tyre inflation kit! The lights were dire as well (like sticking a torch to the dash) so replaced them with some high output bulbs which are much better. Not rapid, but quick enough, and a lot of fun on the right road. The lock on it is great as well, turning circle is tiny, and there's no real blind spot with it being so small.

Got an E46 330Ci M Sport convertible that's my pride and joy (for want of a better phrase). Used to be my daily driver years ago, but I bought a banger to run around in when I started a new job much further from home. Could never bring myself to sell it, so it just comes out on sunny days now. Spending on it getting it just right when I can afford it.

I'm also selling a mark 1 Sierra Xr4x4 (the rectangular headlight model) I've had for a long while if anyone is into classic fast fords, can provide details/pics.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4386 on: March 24, 2016, 10:24:26 pm »
:) Thanks for taking the time to post mate. I think we'll go for something a bit smaller despite my protests to the dungeon master who must be obeyed.

I've seen a cheeky little Fiesta ST which I'm taking for a spin tomorrow. If I've got to have something small I'm having something relatively nippy.

No worries mate.
 :)
 S40 ?
T5.

Focus RS power, half the cost, half the insurance.
 8)

Ford performance cars are all running Volvo power at the moment.

Had the chance to take a V50 T5 AWD out a month or two ago. 270 BHP, Blistering performance, and that's quite a statement coming from someone that used to drive Cossies. And it handled like it was on rails. Awesome piece of kit.

135k miles, on sale for 2995.
2007 car.
I'd have bought it if it had been big enough to get my work gear in. ;D ;D
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4387 on: March 24, 2016, 10:36:25 pm »
Went in to buy an A3 saloon, but we ordered this instead:

It's getting it's midlife refresh this year so there's some great offers on the A3 to be had right now. Should have it by June as well:)

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4388 on: March 24, 2016, 10:49:28 pm »
Went in to buy an A3 saloon, but we ordered this instead:

It's getting it's midlife refresh this year so there's some great offers on the A3 to be had right now. Should have it by June as well:)

Would it be possible for you to come up to Moffat and do my wife a cut and blow ?

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4389 on: March 24, 2016, 11:02:17 pm »
Would it be possible for you to come up to Moffat and do my wife a cut and blow ?

Ding, Ding, Ding! We have a winner.  Thought it might take two or three posts for a BLOKEY BLOKE to say that, so well done you, you big manly man of a man:D

Offline Willi

• ave a sensa yuma? It appears e will :) Needs an 'h' in 'Cef', clearly! Appy retirement, fella :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #4390 on: March 25, 2016, 05:56:20 am »
I've been driving a Scirocco R for the last 4 years. 265 HP and fun to drive.
Then last October I bought a dog, a Labrador-Golden Retriever mix. The dog is now 8 months old, the Scirocco was getting awkward. So I've changed it this week for a Golf Variant GTD. 180HP diesel, quite nice I suppose, the dog likes it.
Have to stop there, tears are coming to my eyes.

Offline Col

• Shaves his tongue and shares makeup tips. May be a little camp.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4391 on: March 25, 2016, 06:26:17 am »
I thought the new Mustang would be a huge plastic thing but seems a hell of a car! Very pretty in real life

They're great looking cars.
I don't have to sell my soul... he's already in me.

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4392 on: March 26, 2016, 12:26:27 am »
Ding, Ding, Ding! We have a winner.  Thought it might take two or three posts for a BLOKEY BLOKE to say that, so well done you, you big manly man of a man:D

I aim to please.
 :D

Whilst your wife is driving do you groom your 'Lumberjack' beard ?

;D

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4393 on: March 26, 2016, 01:16:06 am »
Once seen, never unseen.

Going to have to put my prices up (like fucking shitloads) but I swear I'm going to do all in my power to get one of these when I upgrade in a year or two. Amazing looking car. The blue colour can fuck right off though.

Jaguar CLR - F
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 01:20:25 am by Shady Craig »

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4394 on: March 26, 2016, 01:22:22 am »
Once seen, never unseen.

Jarg shady mate. You're better than that.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4395 on: March 26, 2016, 01:28:37 am »
Jarg shady mate. You're better than that.
Can't help it John I'm in love ;D

Offline Col

• Shaves his tongue and shares makeup tips. May be a little camp.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4396 on: March 27, 2016, 08:05:16 am »
Once seen, never unseen.

Going to have to put my prices up (like fucking shitloads) but I swear I'm going to do all in my power to get one of these when I upgrade in a year or two. Amazing looking car. The blue colour can fuck right off though.

Jaguar CLR - F

Looks like someone at Max Power got hold of a C-Max.
I don't have to sell my soul... he's already in me.

Offline Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4397 on: March 28, 2016, 01:30:40 am »
Looks like someone at Max Power got hold of a C-Max.
Reckon it's more like a max powered Range Rover Evogue style.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4398 on: April 1, 2016, 11:45:25 am »

I'm going electric as of the end of the month. Big step, but I think it's the future.

How's it going - any feedback? (Any tax breaks in the UK? I think it's a $7,500 deduction in the U.S and $750 towards the home charging outlet)
The $35,000 for the cheapest Tesla seems comparable in price to the Nissan Leaf. I also like the 8 year service schedule they have which is $4,000.

Offline trenchtownrasta

• fairy anne
  • Kopite
  • you may say I'm a dreamer,but I'm not the only one
« Reply #4399 on: April 1, 2016, 04:34:52 pm »
That Telsa 3 looks absolutely brilliant I think. I would certainly consider getting one myself and probably will in the future, I wonder how they depreciate?

https://www.gov.uk/plug-in-car-van-grants/what-youll-get
'Say what you like about deaf people'.