Author Topic: PL: Liv 4 vs 1 Chel Jota 23’ Bradley 39’ Szoboszlai 65’ Nkunku 71’ Diaz 79’  (Read 18047 times)

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Just back from the pub.

That was sensational. Absolutely sensational. 4-1 flattered them.

My god we have legs in this team, a real pressing machine the likes of which we haven't seen since 18-20 I'd say.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
I've had one too many Sherbets tonight... so, I'll just say, we were good, really good.

Goodnight.

:)

Calm down will yer
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
Scored 4 in each of our last 3 league games. And progressed in 2 cups in the middle of all that too. and an embarrassment of riches to select from. This is incredible.
And only two of the 16 players who played tonight weren’t at the club last season. Incredible how the little tweaks have paid off.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Shankly!Shankly!

• Anny Roader
  • JUSTICE
    • Inside Forward
Sensational. Everyone performed 9/10 or above. Jota looking like Suarez right now. That from 3 are aggressive and skillful at such high intensive it's incredible to watch. Relentless reds
'At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.'

https://www.insideforward.co.uk/

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Just back from the pub.

That was sensational. Absolutely sensational. 4-1 flattered them.

My god we have legs in this team, a real pressing machine the likes of which we haven't seen since 18-20 I'd say.

Rio and Joe Cole wanted two pens and 4-3

Jurgen Klopp

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
We’ve stepped it up a gear; that was a vintage Klopp at Anfield home romping. Intensity on 100. Good to see - I can really see us turning Arsenal over if we’re at the races in a similar manner (we will be). The depth in the squad is looking very good too.

Not sure how you can drop Bradley now?

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
We really are going through the gears. The counter pressing is a throw back to 2018, teams just cannot cope with the intensity.

Sunday is going to be a blockbuster, get a win there and anything is possible

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan

Well thankfully they're fuds so I'd be worried if they gave an informed opinion.

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
I hope the twats play like this in the final.
Hopefully it will play on there mind
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan

Fabulous performance against a team that will cause problems for our rivals.

Bigger game on Sunday. The win tonight and the manner in which it was achieved should embolden us to go for the win on Sunday knowing a draw is not a disaster given the following games are all ones we should win (Burnley, Brentford, Luton, Forest). I would stick with Joe at left back who is now clearly our left back for the future but as tough as it sounds I’d play Trent in place of Bradley. Conor is going to get plenty of games this season and in future but I think Jurgen sticks with his plan. Our midfield 3 is the best in the league and they have years ahead of them.

We would be worthy champions. The only thing stopping us is the cheating City machine. Best ignore them, play every game like it’s Klopp’s last season and enjoy it, then see where we end up. I refuse to let those c*nts diminish my enjoyment.

PS. Was Mac going to take the pen or was he just holding the ball for Darwin? Thought it put unnecessary pressure on Darwin for him to take it despite his good record previously.

PPS. Truly frightening we played like that and Salah is yet to return.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!

Really?
Just watched it back and neither are even close to pens. Jota's has to be as he stands on his foot, but the other two are flops.
I am surprised Cootes didnt do something daft though.

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
Absolutely sensational performance that, one of the best I've seen from us.

Blew them away, the counter pressing was out of this world.

This season is going to be something absolutely special.
We are Liverpool!

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Really?
Just watched it back and neither are even close to pens. Jota's has to be as he stands on his foot, but the other two are flops.

VVD second one was a peno - he kicked his foot
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan

That is just stupid if you think about it for 2 seconds.

If the first pen is given it is a completely different game so there is probably not a second "pen" then.

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

If the first pen is given it is a completely different game so there is probably not a second "pen" then.

Just neither are pens

The first one is laughable and the 2nd one is barely anything and he just jumps on the floor

Rio is such a prick with his fake objectivity to qualify himself to say the most shit things. And yet again McCoist everyone's Favourite saying 'I can't believe it' etc in commentary

Nice bloke but he's got shit in his eyes non stop. Not just tonight every game
« Last Edit: January 31, 2024, 11:53:56 pm by rushyman »

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
Bulldozed. Fucking brilliant stuff.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!

I don't agree.
He lept in the air? If there had really been a kick through his foot with any force there is no way he could jump up like that. Well not in my opinion.
He played for a pen, not as bad as Chillwell, but still nowhere near enough contact to react like that.

Shearer reckons their second shout was more a pen that Jota's! So a tap on the heel is worse than a full stamp on the foot? I give up with some of these pundits.
« Last Edit: February 1, 2024, 12:19:20 am by vicar »

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain

Yes people have this weird idea that a game would pan out exactly the same if a penalty was given etc.

If Nunez had scored his penalty then who knows what the score would have been (I really don’t think Chelsea would have won though).
#JFT97

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
RIP Thiago SilvaBadiashile … great career … retired 31st January 2024

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Great result

Had a pint with John C as well

Fuck the Tories

x
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Anyone have a link for the full match? Missed last 25 of the second half.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Great result

Had a pint with John C as well

Fuck the Tories

x

You’re the envy of RAWK right now.

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
No Kante, no party. ;D

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
Remember when Chelsea finished us as a club in the transfer window? 😂

What a performance that was. A serious statement when this could have been a testing game. First league game since JK's announcement, Chelsea appearing to have improved recently, our recent record against them being frustrating - none of that mattered to anyone in red, they just dominated proceedings from start to finish. Outstanding.

Also, the penalty shouts for Chelsea were embarrassing. Really surprised to see anyone saying anything could have been given - I certainly wouldn't have thought we should have been given penalties for either of their claims, if they were the other way round.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Really?
Their 'penalty' claims were incredibly soft. My instant reaction to both was laughter. TV laboured over it for dramatic effect, but neither were penalties.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jόrgen.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
Perfect performance from Bradley. That's exactly the type of result and performance you'd expect from a group of players who really fancy their chances. That's the first of several massive games for us over the next few months. This is going to be some ride.
Just imagine: first breakthrough season and first Premier League title   :champ
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline singerj

• Kemlynite
There was a moment in the second half, at 3-0, where Enzo played a 5 yard pass in midfield, and did the Bobby Firmino “no look” head turn while passing it.

To me that sums up everything you need to know about where Chelsea is right now.

Smashed em, made them look like a relegation side. Well in.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
Someone please answer this: HOW in the world were we willing to pay 100million for Caiceido? 
« Last Edit: February 1, 2024, 01:38:43 am by jckliew »
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
Four star performance. Happy Days.  :scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Mauricio Pochettino says Chelsea will be stronger for the League Cup final after seeing Liverpool's level. He says neutral soil will change the balance of the tie.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Someone please answer this: HOW in the world were we willing to pay 100million for Caiceido? 

110-115m

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
Excellent  total dominant performance.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
Can we not ask klopp to take the rest of the seadon off and recharge? Let the boys do their thing and see what happens and get klopp back for a couple more seasons? I'm at the bargaining stage of the kubler ross cycle.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
I think we’ve been building up to that performance. This new team isn’t even a season old yet, but gradually we’ve been improving game by game in every department. And we’re not finished yet!

While I know this Chelsea team aren’t their best by any stretch of the imagination, I didn’t think they were too bad tonight, we are just on a different level when everything clicks. They didn’t stand a chance really.

If we can maintain this level we’re a frightening prospect. Let’s keep building reds.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
Their 'penalty' claims were incredibly soft. My instant reaction to both was laughter. TV laboured over it for dramatic effect, but neither were penalties.

The first is debatable the second is definitely a penalty. VVD kicks through the player.

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
The first is debatable the second is definitely a penalty. VVD kicks through the player.

No, he pushed him in the back. Who knows whats a penalty these days but his hand on the player's back should not have elicited that overreaction. It was a dive.

"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan

Honestly I'm starting to wonder if I'm thinking of a different incident. VVD clips him lightly and Nkunku throws himself to the ground in an unnatural direction. It was incidental contact that had no bearing on what happened. Nkunku is within his rights to go down and try to win the penalty, but contact doesn't always equal a foul and I'm bemused at the shouts that either should have been given. The Gallagher one would've been an utter travesty, it's not close to being debatable.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jόrgen-a believe us... ♬
Contact doesn't mean it's a penalty.

Also, why wasn't Caicedo playing?
« Last Edit: February 1, 2024, 07:36:16 am by JC the Messiah »
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jόrgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan

Tend to agree although it was minor touch he did kick his standing foot. I'd say we've had ten of those this season not given to us. Mainly on Jota and Salah.

We'd just have gone and scored another two if we needed to though, it was that hungry a performance.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...

Always liked Pochettino's honesty and class.
He always calls it as it is when his teams play bad. Doesn't single out anyone, but the whole team- and takes the blame.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist