Author Topic: PL: Liv 4 vs 1 Chel Jota 23’ Bradley 39’ Szoboszlai 65’ Nkunku 71’ Diaz 79’  (Read 16839 times)

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
Someone please answer this: HOW in the world were we willing to pay 100million for Caiceido? 
Someone answer me this: Why in the world were we as supporters so deadset on the club signing Caicedo?

Reason why I ask is that I was one of those who weren't convinced by Caicedo. It got to a point where people were frustrated and going- "Just pay the damn money!", "What's an extra 5million!?" etc...
We need to acknowledge our own hand in this and not all of a sudden put it all on the club.

The club was understandably cautious going over their valuation at first, which was a good sign- and it dragged on. I don't know why we markedly upped our bid in the end, but I'm so glad we didn't!

As is most often the case- the supporters were wrong, and we didn't know our ass from our elbow.
« Last Edit: February 1, 2024, 07:02:12 am by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline djschembri

• Legacy Fan
What a brilliant performance by the team.
For the first 5-10 minutes it seemed that Chelsea could possibly get around our press with their build up, but we were just so relentless and determined to win it back that it was only a matter of time that we strangled them.

I also thought this was the most balanced that we had looked for quite a while. It seems that Gomez and Bradley are more natural to what we need from our full backs in this system than Trent and Robbo, which is crazy to say considering how important the latter two have been for us.

With Bradley's emergence, I see Trent more instead of or alongside MacAllister in the midfield. Bradley's runs and width are crucial to this system.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

With Bradley's emergence, I see Trent more instead of or alongside MacAllister in the midfield. Bradley's runs and width are crucial to this system.

Who do you drop in the midfield though? It’s Trent vs Szobo for me as Jones and Mac are integral to the midfield functioning like it does and that’s a dam hard decision.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
What a brilliant performance by the team.
For the first 5-10 minutes it seemed that Chelsea could possibly get around our press with their build up, but we were just so relentless and determined to win it back that it was only a matter of time that we strangled them.

I also thought this was the most balanced that we had looked for quite a while. It seems that Gomez and Bradley are more natural to what we need from our full backs in this system than Trent and Robbo, which is crazy to say considering how important the latter two have been for us.

When Mac is in midfield, we ooze class.
Unsung hero.
Our best signing of the summer. He ran rings around his old mates. He just gives everyone else so much time to do what is most important- hurt teams. And those passes...
« Last Edit: February 1, 2024, 07:06:41 am by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
That was emphatic, Nunez hits the woodwork four times and we still score four! Hitting form at the right time. Only worrying time was five mins after the substitutes came on and then they found their way into the game ans we were off again. Brilliant atmosphere too
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1

Mauricio Pochettino says Chelsea will be stronger for the League Cup final after seeing Liverpool's level. He says neutral soil will change the balance of the tie.

You see, I sort of see his point, and he may of course be right….

But Wembley is unlikely to be as neutral as he thinks
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
We all know how good city are and Sunday is a huge game to continue it own momentum. I hope people don't freak out at the first sign of dropped points when it happens because this is a fucking seriously good football team with a lot of potential to improve. They're a joy to watch and we are privileged. Enjoy it. Everyone has said it but Conor Bradley what a performance. Rebuilding the midfield has obviously been excellent but seeing his and Quansah introduction into the first team squad has got to be the biggest positives of the season so far, plus Curtis Jones kicking on.
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
I liken Caicedo to Bissouma. I wouldn’t be surprised if he kicks on next season. Regardless, I’m glad we’ve missed out on him especially as I think Mac gives more on the ball in the 6.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
Perfect performance from Bradley. That's exactly the type of result and performance you'd expect from a group of players who really fancy their chances. That's the first of several massive games for us over the next few months. This is going to be some ride.

Reminded me of the win over Leicester just before the pandemic halted the season in our league winning year. Statement performance.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
Absolutely stunning performance all round.

Chelsea though. I don’t understand how they’ve spent so much and have so little to show for it. Genuinely wouldn’t take any of their XI in our team. Not sure many would make the bench?

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Someone answer me this: Why in the world were we as supporters so deadset on the club signing Caicedo?

Reason why I ask is that I was one of those who weren't convinced by Caicedo. It got to a point where people were frustrated and going- "Just pay the damn money!", "What's an extra 5million!?" etc...
We need to acknowledge our own hand in this and not all of a sudden put it all on the club.

The club was understandably cautious going over their valuation at first, which was a good sign- and it dragged on. I don't know why we markedly upped our bid in the end, but I'm so glad we didn't!

As is most often the case- the supporters were wrong, and we didn't know our ass from our elbow.

Supporters have nothing to do with what the club decides to do. We had no ‘hand’ in anything. A bunch of people got it totally wrong but the decision making was all the club. They got it wrong, probably (you buy players for 5+ years not for 2/3 of a season) and it worked out brilliantly. The supporters got it wrong too, or lots of them, but there wasn’t a ‘hand’ in the mistake. There was just fans venting silliness on the internet.

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
Supporters have nothing to do with what the club decides to do. We had no ‘hand’ in anything. A bunch of people got it totally wrong but the decision making was all the club. They got it wrong, probably (you buy players for 5+ years not for 2/3 of a season) and it worked out brilliantly. The supporters got it wrong too, or lots of them, but there wasn’t a ‘hand’ in the mistake. There was just fans venting silliness on the internet.
I think everyone just knew we needed a 6 and Caicedo was highly rated, £100m signing was seen as a signal of intent. So was concerning when we missed out on him. But Fuckinghell, we were lucky!
When we bid for him I watched the clips on YouTube and thought most of his tackles would be called as fouls if he played for us. He looked very average last night.

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
One of the things I loved was after Bradley scored, seems like each player went over to him individually and congratulated him. Both VVD and Gomez I remember giving him a big hug 
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
We all know how good city are and Sunday is a huge game to continue it own momentum. I hope people don't freak out at the first sign of dropped points when it happens because this is a fucking seriously good football team with a lot of potential to improve.

We do sometimes start a season slowly. I promise not to freak out when we drop points in August.

Offline Tobez

• Kopite
  • We all Live r pool
There was a moment in the second half, at 3-0, where Enzo played a 5 yard pass in midfield, and did the Bobby Firmino “no look” head turn while passing it.

To me that sums up everything you need to know about where Chelsea is right now.

Smashed em, made them look like a relegation side. Well in.

I thought I had imagined that. They were being totally played off the park and his performance was hardly that of a 100m player, and yet he was pulling out the tricks. Almost as embarrassing as Antony - which is why I didn't actually believe it happened, thought no-one could get close to those levels of cringe.

Offline William Regal

• Kopite
I watched Mac Allister quite a lot last year and he is very similar to Jota in that he risks a lot of impact injuries the way he keeps hold of the ball that extra split second that invites a lot of physical challenges, they are quality players that the opposition like to kick lumps out of because they are brave on the ball.

Nunez is so close to being truly exceptional. What is clearly apparent to me is that defenders across the league just cannot deal with him, his movement to get into scoring positions is elite. The only person stopping Nunez is himself, hitting the post 12 times in a season just shows how close he is to being great, it's so much like that spell Suarez had.
« Last Edit: February 1, 2024, 08:38:27 am by William Regal »

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
I think everyone just knew we needed a 6 and Caicedo was highly rated, £100m signing was seen as a signal of intent. So was concerning when we missed out on him. But Fuckinghell, we were lucky!
When we bid for him I watched the clips on YouTube and thought most of his tackles would be called as fouls if he played for us. He looked very average last night.

Caicedo has gone to a basket case of a club. Under the watchful eye of Klopp I am pretty sure he would be playing much better than he is in a Chelsea side which is some sort of cobbled together, fantasy football nonsense.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Someone please answer this: HOW in the world were we willing to pay 100million for Caiceido?

I honestly think we just bid to force Chelsea to pay more. :D

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline PaddyPaned

• Anny Roader
Caicedo has gone to a basket case of a club. Under the watchful eye of Klopp I am pretty sure he would be playing much better than he is in a Chelsea side which is some sort of cobbled together, fantasy football nonsense.

I tend to agree. Had Caicedo come here rather than going to the shitshow that is Chelsea, he would look much better. Bear in mind too that he and Mac Allister were great playing together at Brighton, so he would have fitted in more seamlessly here. Still, his fee is eye-watering so we probably did well to miss out!

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to

The fee was always ludicrous, and would have been a noose around his neck, but if Klopp signed him he would look the part for us. Same with Enzo.

The time to sign him was the year before though not with that fee.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
The first is debatable the second is definitely a penalty. VVD kicks through the player.
The second one only looks anything like a penalty in slow motion. There is slight contact. Certainly nothing strong enough to see any player go down, let alone throw himself up in the air then land in a heap. Contact? Yes. Penalty? In my opinion, no. The ridiculous acting is what caused the ref to dismiss it entirely.

The first. Already going down and definitely looking for a penalty. Hardly anything in the challenge.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jόrgen.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
Reminded me of the win over Leicester just before the pandemic halted the season in our league winning year. Statement performance.
Same. That to me was the zenith of a Klopp team demolishing whoever stood in their way. Jurgen himself said it was our best Premier League performance under him.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan

Mauricio Pochettino says Chelsea will be stronger for the League Cup final after seeing Liverpool's level. He says neutral soil will change the balance of the tie.

Yeah, because Anfield South is gonna be so evenly split between Liverpool and Chelsea fans. :lmao

Popcorn's Art

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
Same. That to me was the zenith of a Klopp team demolishing whoever stood in their way. Jurgen himself said it was our best Premier League performance under him.

Watched some Leicester fan reactions to that game. Gawd, they were arrogant going into that match. There jaws were hanging off by the end of it, looked proper bitter cnuts! :D

Popcorn's Art

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

One thing I remember from the pressers was Jurgen didn't actually look like he wanted Caicedo.
Jurgen YNWA

Online Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
The second one only looks anything like a penalty in slow motion. There is slight contact. Certainly nothing strong enough to see any player go down, let alone throw himself up in the air then land in a heap. Contact? Yes. Penalty? In my opinion, no. The ridiculous acting is what caused the ref to dismiss it entirely.

The first. Already going down and definitely looking for a penalty. Hardly anything in the challenge.

I can honestly say I would have no complaints if we weren't given a penalty for the same incident. That type of contact should never be a penalty. That said, I will acknowledge that Tierney has given worse decisions against us than that would have been. Ultimately though, all the penalty calls were correct and in truth it was a well refereed game.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
Absolutely stunning performance all round.

Chelsea though. I don’t understand how they’ve spent so much and have so little to show for it. Genuinely wouldn’t take any of their XI in our team. Not sure many would make the bench?

When you look at their squad they're totally devoid of leaders/strong characters out there on the pitch.

Offline William Regal

• Kopite

I'm a big fan of Caicedo, the reason I wanted him is because he is potentially going to be the best holding centre midfielder in the world over the next 10 years.

The guy is young, positionally excellent,  extremely brave and composed on the ball with excellent athleticism.  The fee was crazy, we all know that, let's review this in 5 or 6 years time.  I think it would be foolish anyone to write him in this current Chelsea shitshow, the way we press and hunt in packs is an absolute nightmare for any holding midfielder at the minute, I wouldnt be surprised if we put Rodri on the waltza when he comes to Anfield as well.

Online Trotterwatch

• Legacy Fan
Sublime football by us - Chelsea trying to cheat and deceive at every opportunity.
« Last Edit: February 1, 2024, 09:33:52 am by Trotterwatch »

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
Caicedo would have been absolutely fine playing for us - we know this because pretty much every signing we've made under Klopp has turned out to be good (and if not it's generally been because of injuries).

However, Mac Allister absolutely showed him up last night.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
Rio and Joe Cole wanted two pens and 4-3
That's too simplistic. We'd have beaten them comfortably regardless because we'd have switched gears.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
Caicedo would have been absolutely fine playing for us - we know this because pretty much every signing we've made under Klopp has turned out to be good (and if not it's generally been because of injuries).

However, Mac Allister absolutely showed him up last night.
No thank you.  He looks scared of progressing the ball.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
https://twitter.com/HarveyElliott_/status/1752389113519436144?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1752389113519436144%7Ctwgr%5E183b869719ac49d3c806d1135c69a09facc159b2%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.scouser-tommy.com%2Fthreads%2F56334%2Fpage-3

Someone needs to check on this man's mental welfare today. ;D
I didn't watch beyond him selecting Petrović over Alisson.  Back your own players by all means but selecting Serbia's third choice goalkeeper over probably the best goalkeeper in the world  :o

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
Had a Chelsea fan try to tell me this morning that the game was even and Tierney was the only difference....

I told him to look at the stats for the game: 27 shots (13 on target) Vs 4 shots (3 on target) and he somehow felt that the game was close. You can't talk to some fans.
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
When you look at their squad they're totally devoid of leaders/strong characters out there on the pitch.

The media keeps reminding everyone that they are the youngest team ever, so little criticism, so few lines of critique. Maybe they will come good but they are currently not a club to worry about.
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain

Firstly, we as fans have no say on who gets bid for and who doesn't. If the club do identify a target and then want to place a bid then we assume that the player must be worth it.

The next very important point is that you cannot compare what Caicedo has done so far at Chelsea with what he would have done under Klopp. Two completely different managers, coaching staff, style of play and players around him. I cannot think of one player in the current squad who is underperforming and I would suggest that Caicedo would have been given time to find his form and would be playing at a much higher level than he currently is.

Don't underestimate the Klopp factor and the team spirit.

We didn't buy him and he's not playing well. MacAllister outplayed him and Enzo Fernandez yesterday so it's not just Caicedo who has been poor at Chelsea. Paying big money for a player doesn't guarantee anything........good coaching can transform a decent player into one who is very effective.

#JFT97

Online emitime

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
PS. Was Mac going to take the pen or was he just holding the ball for Darwin? Thought it put unnecessary pressure on Darwin for him to take it despite his good record previously.

Nunez was always going to take it. As soon as Mac picked it up I said it'd be Nunez. It's something we usually do to protect the taker from opposition players trying to distract them, because they're not sure who is taking it (even though it's almost always Mo).

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
Had a Chelsea fan try to tell me this morning that the game was even and Tierney was the only difference....

I told him to look at the stats for the game: 27 shots (13 on target) Vs 4 shots (3 on target) and he somehow felt that the game was close. You can't talk to some fans.
What they should worry about is them playing like Stoke after spending a billion. They were really bad and negative. 

No way they were getting something from that game.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
That was sublime. Brilliant performance that nearly brought back memories of Forest in 89. No one could have lived with us last night and Chelsea should have lost by 8 if Nunez had his scoring boots on. Got that feeling we could do something amazing this season.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I