Author Topic: LFC's next manager - chat and informed speculation  (Read 638203 times)

Offline In the Name of Klopp

• smann. Talks as if he/she/they single handedly saw off H&G in 2010.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: LFC's next manager - chat and informed speculation
« Reply #14320 on: May 17, 2024, 09:02:42 pm »
People need to let Klopp go, and get behind our new gaffer. If Slot fails, we all fail.

The man looks over the moon, joining the club. That's a very, very positive thing :scarf
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”

Offline alvaro

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14321 on: May 17, 2024, 09:11:33 pm »
I think we can change the thread title. The new manager himself confirmed it, surely thats more than informed speculation :)

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14322 on: May 17, 2024, 09:11:46 pm »
He just told me the PIN number to his debit card. Nice guy.

Offline coct3au

• twins with arsefinger
  • Kopite
« Reply #14323 on: May 17, 2024, 09:12:09 pm »
He should say

"Shtop, Shtop, this announcement is not ready!"

:lmao

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #14324 on: May 17, 2024, 09:12:20 pm »
Talking of the dutch being straight talking he told a joke today at a press conference

Arne Slot 'What is Brown and sticky?'
Reporter 'I dont know Arne, what?'
Arne Slot 'Shit'

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14325 on: May 17, 2024, 09:23:51 pm »
Sky have had a reporter out there for weeks pestering him, Slot said he'd seen him at his previous press conference, when he was asked about the Liverpool job

Do you reckon the club leaking their interest in him was their way of testing how he would cope with the British media?

I’d say he passed the test with flying colours.

Looking forward to his interviews next season.

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14326 on: May 17, 2024, 09:24:12 pm »
Talking of the dutch being straight talking he told a joke today at a press conference

Arne Slot 'What is Brown and sticky?'
Reporter 'I dont know Arne, what?'
Arne Slot 'Shit'

:lmao

Offline Redbonnie

• Kopite
« Reply #14327 on: May 18, 2024, 12:14:32 am »
Exactly.

We’ve really got to be careful to not just get annoyed when he doesn’t do what Klopp would have done.  He isn’t Klopp.  He will do it his way, for better or for worse

It’ll be worse though won’t it sadly.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14328 on: May 18, 2024, 12:20:19 am »
It’ll be worse though won’t it sadly.

If the man can stop us conceding first evrey fuckin' time he'd have done half of the job of Kloppo's this past two seasons.  It's downright scary how much enrgy we spent coming back in games.

Offline ItzdoctorZ

• Main Stander
« Reply #14329 on: May 18, 2024, 04:15:56 am »
Its not like Klopp was great with the press, he was just annoyed most of the time, I think Slot will be better in that regard.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #14330 on: May 18, 2024, 05:08:45 am »
Its not like Klopp was great with the press, he was just annoyed most of the time, I think Slot will be better in that regard.

he was fantastic with the press, if Slot can make them half as uncomfortable as Jürgen managed to at times (but nowhere near often enough), then all good.

He just needs to charm them first, then let them know he’s onto them.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14331 on: May 18, 2024, 08:08:06 am »
1. I hope Slot will be himself and not try to be a clone of Klopp or try very hard to emulate Klopp the coach or Klopp the man. Slot is a good coach with a high ceiling. He needs to continue doing what he has been doing throughout his coaching career

2. And for Slot to succeed, we the fans must give him the time and space to do so. And similarly we need to allow him to be himself and not expecting a Klopp clone. Paisley succeeded when we stopped expecting him to be like Shankly
« Last Edit: May 18, 2024, 12:24:07 pm by MNAA »
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14332 on: May 18, 2024, 08:11:36 am »
Do you reckon the club leaking their interest in him was their way of testing how he would cope with the British media?

I was weird as he was on no-one's radar, it was totally out of the blue.

If the man can stop us conceding first evrey fuckin' time he'd have done half of the job of Kloppo's this past two seasons.  It's downright scary how much enrgy we spent coming back in games.

The forwards like this. This is one aspect that needs to change, we were tight as fuck a few years back, need to be like that again
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Shanksgates

• Boys Pen
« Reply #14333 on: May 18, 2024, 08:17:03 am »
It would have been interesting to see what fsg would’ve done if alonso was available too. I’m not actually sure they would’ve gone for him anyway, because the style would’ve been so different to what we have. Welcome Arne!

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • La la la la la
« Reply #14334 on: May 18, 2024, 09:07:08 am »

'The series — Bij Andy in de Auto — sees the ex-Everton man drive round in his car with some famous faces from the world of football.

Slot got involved back in January as the pair took a ride around the Netherlands before pulling up outside Slot's house in the city of Zwolle, around 146km from Rotterdam. Van der Meyde poked fun at Slot, saying: "What a shack man. You can buy nice things with those $2.2m (£1.7m/€2m) per year at Feyenoord."

It is unclear how much Slot will earn at Anfield but he decided to have the last laugh as he left the car. Turning to Van der Meyde, he said: "I really enjoyed it, if only because I don’t often sit next to bald people who have even fatter heads than me"

Ok, after seeing this I'm all in on him now, can't wait to hear how he deals with the nuggets in the press over here.

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14335 on: May 18, 2024, 10:23:11 am »
It would have been interesting to see what fsg would’ve done if alonso was available too. I’m not actually sure they would’ve gone for him anyway, because the style would’ve been so different to what we have. Welcome Arne!

Imagine if Alonso hadn’t ruled himself out and we’d gone for Slot anyway. Some of our fans would have totally lost their shit.

People say Xabi is holding out for Madrid but I wonder if part of the reason he committed himself to Leverkusen is because he knew he wasn’t our first choice. The rumour mill always suggested he was just one of several candidates we were looking at, he was never a dead cert except in the minds of some of us fans.

But as it turned out, we were all completely clueless…

I was weird as he was on no-one's radar, it was totally out of the blue.

Especially considering he’d been Spurs’ number one target last summer. Good sign of ambition and self belief that he turned them down. Had his eyes on the big prize.

Offline 9 kemlyn road

• Main Stander
« Reply #14336 on: May 18, 2024, 10:40:30 am »
Ok, after seeing this I'm all in on him now, can't wait to hear how he deals with the nuggets in the press over here.
Oh just wait ,I bet the press are already sharpening their knives ,carragher and Neville will be learning the scripts and agenda against him sly have already decided on.
They will be on slot from the off even if he gets off to a flying start and especially if he doesn’t hit the ground running.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14337 on: May 18, 2024, 10:42:11 am »
I hope his straight talking doesn't land him a fine or touchline ban when we inevitably get fucked over by the referees in the first game.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #14338 on: May 18, 2024, 11:08:56 am »
Sounds like an all around good egg.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #14339 on: May 18, 2024, 12:11:48 pm »
New Era, looking forward to it.

So his style of play is............
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #14340 on: May 18, 2024, 12:18:25 pm »
I hope his straight talking doesn't land him a fine or touchline ban when we inevitably get fucked over by the referees in the first game.

Slot’s straight talking will be good.

For the fans, the media, refs and even our own owners. You can see that with how he’s gone rogue and announced he’s joining the club without official confirmation. Can you imagine FSG telling Slot he can’t get the signings he wants because there’s no money? Probably say f**k it and just sign the players anyway. Can defo see it happening at some point.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
    • X / Twitter: @TheLiverNerd
« Reply #14341 on: May 18, 2024, 12:43:08 pm »
Sounds like an all around good egg.

"Believe you are the best, then make sure that you are." - Shankly

X / Twitter: @TheLiverNerd - https://x.com/TheLiverNerd

Offline Stubbins

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14342 on: May 18, 2024, 12:46:32 pm »
Paisley succeeded when we stopped expecting him to be like Shankly

I don't think any of us around back then expected Paisley to be like Shankly in any way at all. Of course we didn't have any of the social media noise then. Just sounding off with your mates in the pub before and after the match.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #14343 on: May 18, 2024, 01:00:22 pm »

Don't really see that. I would imagine it was a way for the club to tell people that they have their new manager without telling them. It seems they don't want to somehow cloud Jürgen's goodbye with talk about the new manager by making any official statements, so they got the news out that way. I would imagine that things were already pretty much agreed when the leaks came. Can't really see this being a way to test a possible new manager. There's things that are much more important than how he deals with the media.

Same goes for Slot saying he'll be our next manager. That will probably have been agreed on that he can say that at the end of the season to let Feyenoord supporters know that he's going, without Liverpool FC announcing it before Jürgen has had his last match at Anfield.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • La la la la la
« Reply #14344 on: May 18, 2024, 01:18:31 pm »

I actually hope he straight talks the motherfuckers. He should set up a direct debit to the FA, because they'll no doubt be as dickish as they can and I don't want to see him hold back with the bastards. He might not be the one everyone wanted, but he's ours now and the moment they try to fuck him around I'll be chucking shit at the telly again and cheering when he gives them the verbal bird.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14345 on: May 18, 2024, 01:25:49 pm »
Imagine if Alonso hadn’t ruled himself out and we’d gone for Slot anyway. Some of our fans would have totally lost their shit.

People say Xabi is holding out for Madrid but I wonder if part of the reason he committed himself to Leverkusen is because he knew he wasn’t our first choice. The rumour mill always suggested he was just one of several candidates we were looking at, he was never a dead cert except in the minds of some of us fans.

But as it turned out, we were all completely clueless…

Especially considering he’d been Spurs’ number one target last summer. Good sign of ambition and self belief that he turned them down. Had his eyes on the big prize.

Very unlikely Alonso wouldn’t be our first choice.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14346 on: May 18, 2024, 01:29:26 pm »
Can you imagine FSG telling Slot he can’t get the signings he wants because there’s no money? Probably say f**k it and just sign the players anyway. Can defo see it happening at some point.
LOL.  what world do you live in?

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
    • X / Twitter: @TheLiverNerd
« Reply #14347 on: May 18, 2024, 01:42:52 pm »
Very unlikely Alonso wouldn’t be our first choice.

It depends what factors we preferred. Baring in mind when we likely began our search for a new manager there’s a fair chance Alonso just doesn’t have enough games for us to be confident in his numbers, if we are being driven by a data led approach. Style of play could also be an important factor, with the idea that the further away a manager’s style is from Klopp’s, the more we have to spend to transition the squad to that style. On the face of it, Alonso seems the ideal candidate in many ways, but the reason data can be so valuable is that it highlights qualities or flaws that aren’t obvious from assessing situations without it.
"Believe you are the best, then make sure that you are." - Shankly

X / Twitter: @TheLiverNerd - https://x.com/TheLiverNerd

Offline ItzdoctorZ

• Main Stander
« Reply #14348 on: May 18, 2024, 01:49:32 pm »
Slot was sacked by AZ Alkmaar for secretly negotiating with Feyenoord a couple of years ago so its not surprising that hes more straightforward with it this time and says he will be going to Liverpool.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14349 on: May 18, 2024, 02:04:07 pm »
New Era, looking forward to it.

So his style of play is............

Similar style to Kloppo. Plays for 4-2-3-1/ 4-3-3 and he invert's the Left Back.  :D

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14350 on: May 18, 2024, 02:06:35 pm »

Similar style to Kloppo. Plays for 4-2-3-1/ 4-3-3 and he invert's the Left Back.  :D

Reckon Gomez is gonna be our Pirlo next season.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14351 on: May 18, 2024, 02:15:41 pm »

Incorrect. Klopp is maybe the best I’ve ever seen at punching with a velvet glove
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14352 on: May 18, 2024, 02:23:16 pm »
It depends what factors we preferred. Baring in mind when we likely began our search for a new manager there’s a fair chance Alonso just doesn’t have enough games for us to be confident in his numbers, if we are being driven by a data led approach. Style of play could also be an important factor, with the idea that the further away a manager’s style is from Klopp’s, the more we have to spend to transition the squad to that style. On the face of it, Alonso seems the ideal candidate in many ways, but the reason data can be so valuable is that it highlights qualities or flaws that aren’t obvious from assessing situations without it.

He’s having one of the greatest seasons in the history of the game, what data do you need? And what data will go against him being undoubtedly one of the best coaches in the world?

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14353 on: May 18, 2024, 02:24:56 pm »

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14354 on: May 18, 2024, 02:27:57 pm »
We are not getting a manager who has the stature, beliefs and personality that Klopp has. Who cares what he is like with the press (most kiss the press’ arse anyway). The only thing we have to hope is he is a good football team manager. The rest will never be close to emulating Klopp.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #14355 on: May 18, 2024, 02:39:25 pm »

Ok, as manic or more controlled?
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #14356 on: May 18, 2024, 02:43:37 pm »
LOL.  what world do you live in?

Arne Slot’s World from Monday.

Straight talking, no respect for authority, bald, result machine

They are the 4 things I’m expecting
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #14357 on: May 18, 2024, 02:46:45 pm »
He's going to get a massive shock with the refs here and the way we're reffed differently. Particularly regarding fouls.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline ItzdoctorZ

• Main Stander
« Reply #14358 on: May 18, 2024, 02:51:07 pm »
He’s having one of the greatest seasons in the history of the game, what data do you need? And what data will go against him being undoubtedly one of the best coaches in the world?

The fact that its only been 1 season? Im curious to see what he does next season, whether he challenges for trophies again or not.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #14359 on: May 18, 2024, 02:51:12 pm »
He's going to get a massive shock with the refs here and the way we're reffed differently. Particularly regarding fouls.

I would say he is well aware of what he going to expect.
Y.N.W.A.