Author Topic: LFC's next manager - chat and informed speculation  (Read 636149 times)

Re: LFC's next manager - chat and informed speculation
« Reply #14280 on: May 17, 2024, 06:09:29 pm »
I know the Dutch are notoriously direct and don't fuck about but I sure hope he had the go ahead from the top brass to let that one slip out :lmao
The Feyenoord fans need to say their own goodbyes same as we're doing for Klopp now. Its a two way street.

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14281 on: May 17, 2024, 06:14:08 pm »
Looking forward to see what he can do.

Onwards and upwards.
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline Irishred1

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14282 on: May 17, 2024, 06:22:04 pm »
I am looking at it as a sign of confidence. The Slot says what he wants when he wants.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #14283 on: May 17, 2024, 06:24:59 pm »
If Feyenoord had two games left, then they could have said that, but their last home game is Sunday, its his last presser today, so we can't act like pricks and say "don't say a word". Its disrespectful to Slot and Feyenoord to expect him to say nothing.

Klopp won't be arsed anyway, he knows Sunday will be all about him, he knows Slot is the new manager, the players all know, we all knew.
This is more in response to people thinking that Arne shouldn't be saying anything now. I don't have a big problem with it, but its upto to the club to coordinate announcements etc if they want it done a certain way. If not people will just do what they think is right
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline kop306

• Kopite
« Reply #14284 on: May 17, 2024, 06:28:38 pm »
my guess is we will announce slot on monday

his press conference will probably be done when the players report back for pre-season

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #14285 on: May 17, 2024, 06:30:23 pm »
my guess is we will announce slot on monday

his press conference will probably be done when the players report back for pre-season
Exactly.

We’ve really got to be careful to not just get annoyed when he doesn’t do what Klopp would have done.  He isn’t Klopp.  He will do it his way, for better or for worse
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14286 on: May 17, 2024, 06:33:44 pm »
This is more in response to people thinking that Arne shouldn't be saying anything now. I don't have a big problem with it, but its upto to the club to coordinate announcements etc if they want it done a certain way. If not people will just do what they think is right
what makes you think they didn't?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14287 on: May 17, 2024, 06:35:17 pm »
At this moment in time technically he's jobless. Feyenoord have announced he's going and LFC haven't announced anything yet.   ;D

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14288 on: May 17, 2024, 06:36:20 pm »
Nah. Why is he announcing that he is joining us before the club? He could have just confirmed that he is leaving and that's it. I think it shows a lack of class imo.
We've known about this for weeks. Doesn't make any difference to anything.
Klopp is still in a job and these next couple of days should be just about Klopp and only Klopp. I can't believe that we would have given him permission to announce it before announcing it ourselves. It makes no sense to me. 
He's a Feyenoord employee

Some people  ::)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14289 on: May 17, 2024, 06:36:48 pm »
At this moment in time technically he's jobless. Feyenoord have announced he's going and LFC haven't announced anything yet.   ;D

Arne's a doley
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14290 on: May 17, 2024, 06:38:09 pm »
Arne's a doley

AND Bald. Jobless baldy.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14291 on: May 17, 2024, 06:54:03 pm »
I mean the mentalists response is so bizarre.  Everyone knows he’s joining us.  Everyone. He formally needs a chance to say he’s leaving Feyenord.
People can be such twats sometimes

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #14292 on: May 17, 2024, 07:11:34 pm »
Nah. Why is he announcing that he is joining us before the club? He could have just confirmed that he is leaving and that's it. I think it shows a lack of class imo. Klopp is still in a job and these next couple of days should be just about Klopp and only Klopp. I can't believe that we would have given him permission to announce it before announcing it ourselves. It makes no sense to me.

BVB had already officially announced Tuchel when Kloppo was still there. It’s just football.

Yeah, its sort of wild how keen Slot is to talk about it before it’s official by LFC, but I’m not sure Jürgen is that arsed to be honest  ;D

Offline Racer

• Shit Aldi Snickers
  • Kopite
« Reply #14293 on: May 17, 2024, 07:18:00 pm »
Nah. Why is he announcing that he is joining us before the club? He could have just confirmed that he is leaving and that's it. I think it shows a lack of class imo. Klopp is still in a job and these next couple of days should be just about Klopp and only Klopp. I can't believe that we would have given him permission to announce it before announcing it ourselves. It makes no sense to me.

I completely agree, he can’t stop talking about Liverpool, it’s been going on for weeks. It all seems a bit distasteful and certainly not the Liverpool way, just wait until Jurgen has left the room, that should be the minimum requirement. Having said that he seems to have something about him, and I wish him good luck.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #14294 on: May 17, 2024, 07:19:57 pm »
Is a manager not allowed to be excited about joining Liverpool?  :o
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #14295 on: May 17, 2024, 07:25:01 pm »

It seems not Jill
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14296 on: May 17, 2024, 07:25:06 pm »
Some bizarre people in this thread

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14297 on: May 17, 2024, 07:25:56 pm »

I guess its because its new, never really happens the way its happened. Also quite positively he will no doubt tell us which players we will be buying, quite up for that ;D

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #14298 on: May 17, 2024, 07:26:51 pm »
He’s genuinely made up to be joining us.  That’s great! 
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14299 on: May 17, 2024, 07:27:51 pm »
He’s genuinely made up to be joining us.  That’s great!

I hope he is, if only to overcome some of the gloom on here.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14300 on: May 17, 2024, 07:37:21 pm »
I get the feeling that Slot is going to wind a lot of people up in the coming years. Which will be great fun as long as results are good. I'm warming to him already. ;D

Offline Andar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14301 on: May 17, 2024, 07:39:13 pm »

'The series — Bij Andy in de Auto — sees the ex-Everton man drive round in his car with some famous faces from the world of football.

Slot got involved back in January as the pair took a ride around the Netherlands before pulling up outside Slot's house in the city of Zwolle, around 146km from Rotterdam. Van der Meyde poked fun at Slot, saying: "What a shack man. You can buy nice things with those $2.2m (£1.7m/€2m) per year at Feyenoord."

It is unclear how much Slot will earn at Anfield but he decided to have the last laugh as he left the car. Turning to Van der Meyde, he said: "I really enjoyed it, if only because I don’t often sit next to bald people who have even fatter heads than me"

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14302 on: May 17, 2024, 07:39:23 pm »
I completely agree, he can’t stop talking about Liverpool, it’s been going on for weeks. It all seems a bit distasteful and certainly not the Liverpool way, just wait until Jurgen has left the room, that should be the minimum requirement. Having said that he seems to have something about him, and I wish him good luck.

Feyenoord have confirmed he's leaving and he gets asked questions from the English journos camped over in Rotterdam. What is he to do?

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14303 on: May 17, 2024, 07:41:36 pm »

Obviously not
Jurgen YNWA

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14304 on: May 17, 2024, 07:41:59 pm »
Feyenoord have confirmed he's leaving and he gets asked questions from the English journos camped over in Rotterdam. What is he to do?

Tell them to fuck off obviously ;D
Jurgen YNWA

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #14305 on: May 17, 2024, 07:42:42 pm »
Obviously not

Distasteful, really; we prefer vague disinterest...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14306 on: May 17, 2024, 07:47:02 pm »

He can’t stop talking about it because people won’t stop asking him questions about it.

Not really fair to call him disrespectful when it was our side who first leaked the story. Everyone still thought we were after Amorim until 23 April, when Ornstein put it out that Amorim wasn’t our top choice, then later the same day Joyce drops Slot’s name into the mix, having been mentioned by absolutely no one at all up to that point - who do we think was briefing them? Certainly wasn’t Slot himself, who remained silent even though we must have been deep into discussion with his team by that point.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2024, 08:04:33 pm by smutchin »

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14307 on: May 17, 2024, 07:56:37 pm »
Oh I'm feeling the opposite to most on here it seems. Klopp, without doubt has been my favourite thing about this club. What he has done will go down in legend.

There isn't anyone that could replace him. He was perfect for us.

However, as the great man said. It's overdue, he has no energy and he's ready to forget football for a while.

I'm truly excited to be getting someone in that's just started his journey and is full of energy. I cannot wait to see what Slot can do for our team, and I'm sure the players will be too.

I'm also excited. Still sad to see Klopp going and I wish he weren't, but I've had months to make my peace with that and like you said, you can see how little he's got in the tank. Looking at the way the team has played in the last couple of months, one can't help but feel like everyone is ready for a change.

The thing I'm most looking forward to is seeing Slot's much-lauded ability to improve players. We have a bunch of young guys with a lot of upside (Elliott, Gravenberch, Jones, Bajcetic, Bradley, Quansah) as well as a couple in Gakpo and Nunez who could theoretically be world-beaters if someone with a different approach is able to unlock their potential in a way that Klopp hasn't been able to. I mean, just imagine if he could get Nunez scoring even 25% more of his chances. There's no reason to think that Slot can't help at least a few of these players reach another level.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #14308 on: May 17, 2024, 08:01:32 pm »
I get the feeling that Slot is going to wind a lot of people up in the coming years. Which will be great fun as long as results are good. I'm warming to him already. ;D

A slot on the landscape.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14309 on: May 17, 2024, 08:03:03 pm »
A slot on the landscape.

Jeez, Chopper. Stop trying to throw hints about your ruddy thread.  ;) :D

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #14310 on: May 17, 2024, 08:04:03 pm »
Jeez, Chopper. Stop trying to throw hints about your ruddy thread.  ;) :D

Slot you on about?
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14311 on: May 17, 2024, 08:04:14 pm »
Turning to Van der Meyde, he said: "I really enjoyed it, if only because I don’t often sit next to bald people who have even fatter heads than me"

OK, he's won me over
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14312 on: May 17, 2024, 08:06:32 pm »
Slot you on about?

I am trying to slot you from going on about your thread.  8)

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14313 on: May 17, 2024, 08:21:07 pm »
People get upset over the dumbest things. 

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14314 on: May 17, 2024, 08:28:26 pm »
People get upset over the dumbest things. 

Exactly. That's the real Liverpool Way.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Robert_B

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14315 on: May 17, 2024, 08:31:27 pm »
I'm not ready for a new manager. It feels like my wife's just left me for no reason and now I'm being thrown into a blind date the next day. It's too raw. I need to grieve.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14316 on: May 17, 2024, 08:31:54 pm »
He can’t stop talking about it because people won’t stop asking him questions about it.

Not really fair to call him disrespectful when it was our side who first leaked the story. Everyone still thought we were after Amorim until 23 April, when Ornstein put it out that Amorim wasn’t our top choice, then later the same day Joyce drops Slot’s name into the mix, having been mentioned by absolutely no one at all up to that point - who do we think was briefing them? Certainly wasn’t Slot himself, who remained silent even though we must have been deep into discussion with his team by that point.

Sky have had a reporter out there for weeks pestering him, Slot said he'd seen him at his previous press conference, when he was asked about the Liverpool job

25th April, Cotterill outside the team hotel  https://www.skysports.com/football/video/30998/13122727/arne-slot-tight-lipped-on-liverpool-links

Two weeks ago, Cotterill asking if he'd got his tan in Liverpool

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/-XV0XM5oxjM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/-XV0XM5oxjM</a>

6th May - Cotterill interviewing his old neighbours  https://www.skysports.com/football/video/30998/13130439/from-rotterdam-to-liverpool-who-is-liverpool-target-arne-slot
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #14317 on: May 17, 2024, 08:45:21 pm »
Can see the deal being called off now, there's no way back from this for me.
:lmao

Or have I just been whooshed?

Edit: yes I believe I have :)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2024, 08:59:57 pm by Red_Mist »

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #14318 on: May 17, 2024, 08:54:52 pm »

He should say

"Shtop, Shtop, this announcement is not ready!"
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14319 on: May 17, 2024, 08:56:16 pm »
He should say

"Shtop, Shtop, this announcement is not ready!"

You want him to channel his inner Steve Mclaren?