Author Topic: League Cup Final 2024 vs Chelsea Ticket Details  (Read 63127 times)

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
Re: League Cup Final 2024 vs Chelsea Ticket Details
« Reply #1320 on: February 23, 2024, 08:24:01 pm »
I only saw one or two young lads who were Liverpool fans scaling the fench our end. It was all the locals.

Don’t think it’ll be easy to get through all the checks and bunk in

It'll just be carnage trying to get through the check points

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1321 on: February 23, 2024, 08:25:26 pm »
Lfc Website

Safety and security

The League Cup final this weekend is the first major event at Wembley since phase one of major works were completed to further improve security at the national stadium.

Alongside the structural changes, this weekend you will also see enhanced staffing levels both by the stadium and the Metropolitan Police. Please arrive early to ensure a speedy entry into the stadium.

Please follow the wayfinding at Wembley to get you to the correct colour zone and entrance, and your match ticket will have a recommended specified entry time, and fans are advised to arrive at this allotted time.

Ticket checks will also be in place before you reach the entrances. Please factor these important security measures into your plans for Sunday.

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1322 on: February 23, 2024, 08:35:04 pm »
Getting in fairly early for this one, it’s worth the extra few quid for a pint or two to avoid potential carnage.

I’m hoping it’s just social media giving a warped view but I’m seeing a lot of dickheads saying they’re intending on bunking in.

The fencing is for the FanZone though:

https://x.com/spiritofshankly/status/1761131876788392236?s=46
« Last Edit: February 23, 2024, 08:53:31 pm by Jm55 »

Offline red annie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1323 on: February 23, 2024, 08:55:01 pm »
There's the Globe directly opposite but don't know if that'll be red or blue. There's also the Barley Mow on Dorset Street

Last time it was very aggressively Chelsea

Offline jdet90

• Kemlynite
  • Up the Reds
« Reply #1324 on: February 24, 2024, 10:02:17 am »
We got off at Baker Street last League Cup final in the hunt for a pint. The Globe opposite the underground station is a Chelsea pub - must have been around a thousand of them around it, so avoid like the plague. We walked up away from there to The Volunteer which ended up being decent and all Liverpool. Don't know if it would be the same again or not, but the Globe seems to be a Chelsea tradition.

Nice one will give the Volunteer a go.

Offline CornerTakenQuickly

• ORIGAAAAAAAAMIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Kopite
  • I am a Liverpudlian and I come from the Spion Kop
« Reply #1325 on: February 24, 2024, 10:22:55 am »
Does anyone ever go to Preston Road or North Wembley afterwards to avoid the queues. Assume there would be no issues getting on the train from either of these stations.

Offline DGS_05

• Main Stander
« Reply #1326 on: February 24, 2024, 11:06:33 am »
Any pubs to go to tonight for us?
Liverpool is our religion, Anfield is our church.

Offline DGS_05

• Main Stander
« Reply #1327 on: February 24, 2024, 11:07:55 am »
Getting in fairly early for this one, it’s worth the extra few quid for a pint or two to avoid potential carnage.

I’m hoping it’s just social media giving a warped view but I’m seeing a lot of dickheads saying they’re intending on bunking in.

The fencing is for the FanZone though:

https://x.com/spiritofshankly/status/1761131876788392236?s=46

Looks grim that
Liverpool is our religion, Anfield is our church.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #1328 on: February 24, 2024, 11:35:25 am »
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Online rk1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1329 on: February 24, 2024, 12:33:01 pm »
Does anyone ever go to Preston Road or North Wembley afterwards to avoid the queues. Assume there would be no issues getting on the train from either of these stations.

Yeah we walk to Preston Road. Takes 30 mins but no queues and straight in train to Hillingdon

Offline deanloco9

• Kopite
« Reply #1330 on: February 24, 2024, 01:44:54 pm »
Lfc Website

Safety and security

The League Cup final this weekend is the first major event at Wembley since phase one of major works were completed to further improve security at the national stadium.

Alongside the structural changes, this weekend you will also see enhanced staffing levels both by the stadium and the Metropolitan Police. Please arrive early to ensure a speedy entry into the stadium.

Please follow the wayfinding at Wembley to get you to the correct colour zone and entrance, and your match ticket will have a recommended specified entry time, and fans are advised to arrive at this allotted time.

Ticket checks will also be in place before you reach the entrances. Please factor these important security measures into your plans for Sunday.

Anyone else here sitting in the Chelsea end? Any advice how to stay quiet haha

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1331 on: February 24, 2024, 01:47:01 pm »
Any spares for BoxPark?

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1332 on: February 24, 2024, 01:49:23 pm »
Our time slot is is after 2 but will be heading in earlier than that. Don't understand the need for times.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #1333 on: February 24, 2024, 01:53:53 pm »
Any spares for BoxPark?
You can still sign up for free, we did this for the City semi final and although entry wasn't guaranteed, if you get there early enough, you'll get in :

https://www.boxpark.co.uk/wembley/events/liverpool-fc-fanpark-carabao-cup-final/date/6189/2024-02-25/2024-02-25/
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Online Jm55

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1334 on: February 24, 2024, 01:58:39 pm »
You can still sign up for free, we did this for the City semi final and although entry wasn't guaranteed, if you get there early enough, you'll get in :

https://www.boxpark.co.uk/wembley/events/liverpool-fc-fanpark-carabao-cup-final/date/6189/2024-02-25/2024-02-25/

Thanks I’ve actually already got one of them just not sure I’ll be early enough, probably arriving around 11-30.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #1335 on: February 24, 2024, 02:04:03 pm »
Thanks I’ve actually already got one of them just not sure I’ll be early enough, probably arriving around 11-30.
Ahh fair enough, hopefully you'll make it.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #1337 on: February 25, 2024, 09:47:49 am »
Are the entry time slots actually adhered to? I don’t seem to recall having one in 2022.

Mine is 1 to 1:30…
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1338 on: February 25, 2024, 10:06:36 am »
Nightmare for some…

https://x.com/avantiwestcoast/status/1761684779118813600?s=46&t=VUnK-zh-n2lSI3FX4kmINQ

Looks like they are now diverting past Runcorn but there's still one train stuck there.

Offline AR48

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1339 on: February 25, 2024, 10:11:29 am »
Those Avanti trains are a joke. I got here yesterday luckily. Going to be mad on the way home tonight.

Offline Vauxy head red

• Main Stander
« Reply #1340 on: February 25, 2024, 07:05:33 pm »

Disgusting experience at Wembley yet again. Turnstile D got there 14:10. Missed kick off fucking shit show. Any other turnstiles the same. Heard it was just ours.

Online redman1974

• Legacy Fan
  • scottkop105 on twitter My new number 07511165355
« Reply #1341 on: February 25, 2024, 08:34:49 pm »
I was in the queue for D at 140 and we hardly moved and then at 230 they announced something was wrong with the turnstiles so everyone go to turnstile A which we did. Absolutely shocking experience once again at Wembley getting in.

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1342 on: February 25, 2024, 08:35:54 pm »
Disgusting experience at Wembley yet again. Turnstile D got there 14:10. Missed kick off fucking shit show. Any other turnstiles the same. Heard it was just ours.
Credit where its due, the A turnstiles were pretty well organised.  Arrived 14:23 and in by 14:31.  All very calm and orderly.

Less pleasant was enduring 25 minutes on the Chiltern train from Marylebone with the Chelsea fans and their vile chanting.  Anyone who thinks these chants come from a minority of their fans is wrong.

Offline anfieldash

• Kopite
« Reply #1343 on: February 26, 2024, 01:03:10 am »
Today deliberately went early, about 1.30, to turnstile D having previously experienced the queues a couple of years ago when it took us an hour to get in and almost missing kick-off. Tbf it was only about 5 minutes to get in today and we had no issues.

But . . . . apparently some people with Android phones were having problems and being told to re-download ticket. Reading the above I now wonder if it was a problem with tickets or actually a problem with the D turnstiles themselves. Whatever, it’s obviously a shambles that this should be happening at all to anyone whatever time they are trying to get in.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2024, 01:04:46 am by anfieldash »

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #1344 on: February 26, 2024, 08:19:24 am »
After the mess of Paris, I got in the ground nice and early about 13:30. Turnstile F, well organised but that could be with there being fewer people.

Great day out, unbelievable players and fans.

Offline Smudge 2.0

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1345 on: February 26, 2024, 09:23:10 am »
Anyone manage a bunk?

Offline Booze And Glory

• Main Stander
« Reply #1346 on: February 26, 2024, 09:45:12 am »
Anyone manage a bunk?

One lad was getting thrown out as I got to the turnstiles, the
steward on the gate said it was the 4th time this lad had tried to
get in.

Offline iw1234

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1347 on: February 26, 2024, 09:57:43 am »
Anyone manage a bunk?

The chap in front of me bunked in and then made a run for the escalators - the steward at the turnstile made minimal effort to do anything about it.

While on the escalator, I saw another person who had got through the turnstile being bundled out by about 5-6 stewards

Online Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #1348 on: February 26, 2024, 09:58:42 am »
Got to turnstile D at 1:55, got in turnstile A at 2:52. Not a steward to be seen or any communication other than go to turnstile A. 3 windows closed on turnstile D out of 6.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1349 on: February 26, 2024, 10:08:55 am »
I was turnstile F - got there about 14:15 and was in within 2 minutes no queue at all

However, walking past turnstile D took about 20 minutes because of that shitty fan park and rammed queues made it almost impossible to pass through a small gap, police stood watching doing fuck all as per usual. C didnt look good either, E looked 'meh', F empty

Shambles around that area, thought it'd be carnage at F by the time we got there but was presently surprised at how quiet it was on arrival

I believe part of the problem was the volume of 'Chris Martin' blags flying around, bunkers etc, plus a handful of ticket issues

Felt bad for one guy I know... his daughter went in, he went in behind but his ticket didnt work and he had to go to the TO, they let his daughter  out to go with him to the ticket office, too young to stay in on her own. LFC staff sorted his ticket, but refused to do anything about hers because she'd already scanned in.... so they could either go home, or leave his kid outside. Absolutely fucking appalling that.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1350 on: February 26, 2024, 10:46:34 am »
We got to D just after half 1 and got in no problems but must admit, reading about all the ticket issues en route and seeing the mass amounts of people crowded trying to get in, even at that time, my heart sank a bit.

The problem is there's about 7 entry points with the scanners but no que as such, just every man for himself, which has the potential to go very wrong IMO. All it takes is for some idiots to start pushing, or people trying to use fake tickets etc and you could have chaos very quickly in quite a cramped space.

We saw a few trying to leg it in and tackled by stewards.

I loved the day yesterday but ultimately after Paris and that, I'm starting to wonder if it's worth it any more as there's just too many selfish, idiotic people trying to use fake tickets or take someone's seat they've paid for. Often coked up to the eyeballs. Not really what you want, especially if you had kids with you.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Molo203

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1351 on: February 26, 2024, 11:19:44 am »
I got into entrance C at about 1:15.  Saw 2 different pairs of people go 2 to a turnstile and get in.  No steward at all positioned by the turnstile outside watching people queue and scan in, and nobody stood close enough inside to see.  I told the steward supervisor who then pretty aggressively took issue with me for daring to point it out to him.  Hopeless.

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1352 on: February 26, 2024, 11:22:17 am »
We went through C at about 1.45 or so and have to say it was absolutely fine although there was a guy in front whose ticket hadn't scanned - not sure what happened to him.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #1353 on: February 26, 2024, 11:23:54 am »
Anyone go to any of our allocated boozers? Where they all charging to get in? Or just Blue Check?
AHA!

Offline anfieldash

• Kopite
« Reply #1354 on: February 26, 2024, 11:48:49 am »
The Torch weren’t charging entry, £8 pint. About 30 minutes queuing to get in. The searches on entry were proper though, whereas searches at the actual ground were not-existent 🤔

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1355 on: February 26, 2024, 12:25:30 pm »
The Torch weren’t charging entry, £8 pint. About 30 minutes queuing to get in. The searches on entry were proper though, whereas searches at the actual ground were not-existent 🤔

Never understand why people choose to do this. That's mad, to get into a pub. So many superb options, a short tube/train journey away.

Offline anfieldash

• Kopite
« Reply #1356 on: February 26, 2024, 12:30:13 pm »
Never understand why people choose to do this. That's mad, to get into a pub. So many superb options, a short tube/train journey away.

Er, read it again . . . The Torch weren’t charging entry !

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1357 on: February 26, 2024, 01:08:33 pm »
Er, read it again . . . The Torch weren’t charging entry !

Well yeah, but queueing 30 mins to get into a boozer that charges £8 a pint?  :mooncat

Offline pistol

• ot of the time
  • Legacy Fan
  • My cat's name is mittens
« Reply #1358 on: February 26, 2024, 01:10:32 pm »
Surprised by the lack of stewarding around the turnstiles, especially after the comms from the club about improvement following the Euros etc.

I went in F just before 2 and it was quiet / no real queue.  Ticket scanned fine, but for some reason the turnstile only partially turned so I was stuck and couldn't go forward or back.  Only a couple of stewards in sight who were completely uninterested. One eventually just kept saying to scan my ticket which obviously didn't work.  No idea what resolved it but it moved again after a couple of minutes.  Not the end of the world, but would have been pretty unpleasant if it had happened later or at one of the busier entrances with a crowd building up behind.

Between that and the piss flooded toilets, I'm still amazed a national stadium can be that shit.

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #1359 on: February 26, 2024, 01:13:50 pm »
Mate picked up a last minute spare but ticket had already been downloaded to another phone. Screenshot worked fine but interesting to find out after the fact it could just be deleted from one phone and re downloaded onto another.

Long live the King