Author Topic: League Cup Final 2024 vs Chelsea Ticket Details  (Read 63150 times)

Offline tbonejones

• Dr. Doolittle
  • Legacy Fan
  • We'll be coming down the road...
Re: League Cup Final 2024 vs Chelsea Ticket Details
« Reply #1240 on: February 21, 2024, 11:11:44 am »
A lot drive to Watford Junction and have a few drinks in Oneils, use to be called the flag

We did it last time for the fa cups and doing it again this time

Ah excellent, thank you.
Journo: ''So, let me get this right, train, coach, train, plane.''
Rafa: ''No, coach first because we will not be walking to the train station.''

Don't Buy The Sun - www.dontbuythesun.co.uk

It was poodle. She was rocking a fucking poodle to sleep.

Offline G a r y

• Sexist Pig. Wants to mate with Dan Bilzerian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #1241 on: February 21, 2024, 11:31:50 am »
Ridiculous how easy these tickets are going to be to edit. Can see the touts having an absolute field day with these and sending them as screenshots

Offline pl_kop_1969

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1242 on: February 21, 2024, 11:51:49 am »
A lot drive to Watford Junction and have a few drinks in Oneils, use to be called the flag

We did it last time for the fa cups and doing it again this time

What time do people head for the train? And is it best to head to Wembley Central or Wembley Park?

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #1243 on: February 21, 2024, 12:03:38 pm »
What time do people head for the train? And is it best to head to Wembley Central or Wembley Park?

Overground train goes to Wembley Central after starting at Watford Junction, they're every 15 minutes and takes 26 minutes ish journey wise so can always get a seat if you want one

We'll be aiming for a train between 1 and 1.30

Offline pl_kop_1969

• Main Stander
« Reply #1244 on: February 21, 2024, 12:58:26 pm »
Overground train goes to Wembley Central after starting at Watford Junction, they're every 15 minutes and takes 26 minutes ish journey wise so can always get a seat if you want one

We'll be aiming for a train between 1 and 1.30

Cheers, will probably head to the pub unless we're running late, then just jump on the overground.

Offline 6 Euros

• Soon to be worth about a tenner!
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1245 on: February 21, 2024, 01:25:50 pm »
A mate has managed to open the ticket on his phone that he was supposed to forward to someone in his group. Will he just be able to send him the screenshot if it’s just a QR? (I haven’t seen the format the tickets have come through as).
"The whole of my life, what they wanted was honesty. They were not concerned with cultured football, but with triers who gave one hundred percent." Bob Paisley on the Kop

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #1246 on: February 21, 2024, 01:51:39 pm »
A mate has managed to open the ticket on his phone that he was supposed to forward to someone in his group. Will he just be able to send him the screenshot if it’s just a QR? (I haven’t seen the format the tickets have come through as).
My impression is that once it’s downloaded / opened then it’s stuck to that phone.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1247 on: February 21, 2024, 02:13:57 pm »
My impression is that once it’s downloaded / opened then it’s stuck to that phone.

How's that possible when it's a QR code, not NFC? Genuine question, not having a go

Just like screenshotting a Ryanair boarding pass or something, you can do and it still scans

I really hope you're right though. This mobile QR makes it an absolute piece of piss for touts, bizarre

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1248 on: February 21, 2024, 02:18:56 pm »
How's that possible when it's a QR code, not NFC? Genuine question, not having a go

Just like screenshotting a Ryanair boarding pass or something, you can do and it still scans

I really hope you're right though. This mobile QR makes it an absolute piece of piss for touts, bizarre

The club guidance is that only genuine tickets can be added to your Apple/Google Wallet, I assume the next stage of that is that the Wembley stewards are meant to not be accepting screenshots and will only allow you entry if you show the ticket in your wallet and then scan it in the reader.

Whether that actually happens or not I’ve no idea because, as you say, a static QR code you’d think would make it incredibly easy for touts, I’ve no idea why they couldn’t issue those tickets with the auto-updating QRs that refresh every 10 seconds like Ticketmaster do.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1249 on: February 21, 2024, 02:35:57 pm »

Jesus. Fucking. Christ.  :butt :butt :butt :butt :butt

Offline sambhi92

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Round the Fields of Anfield Road
« Reply #1250 on: February 21, 2024, 02:40:57 pm »
i would imagine its using NFC on Sunday so a QR code wouldnt work as its not giving off NFC from the phone. you would need to tap your phone on the reader the same way you would apple pay/google pay etc.
Round the Fields of Anfield Road

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1251 on: February 21, 2024, 02:44:53 pm »
i would imagine its using NFC on Sunday so a QR code wouldnt work as its not giving off NFC from the phone. you would need to tap your phone on the reader the same way you would apple pay/google pay etc.

It's not, its 100% QR code operated

Offline Jordellsu

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1252 on: February 21, 2024, 02:47:34 pm »
From reading the posts on here this games not kicking off at 3pm. If it does, most of us will be outside in queues watching people arguing with stewards and pointing at phone screens. Might have to get in early and get on the £7 cans of bud.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1253 on: February 21, 2024, 02:50:24 pm »
From reading the posts on here this games not kicking off at 3pm. If it does, most of us will be outside in queues watching people arguing with stewards and pointing at phone screens. Might have to get in early and get on the £7 cans of bud.

I’m just repeating what the club said, appreciate that in practice it’s unlikely to happen but if it stops someone paying £700 for a screenshot then it’s worth it.

Offline tasmichkata

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1254 on: February 21, 2024, 03:38:08 pm »
We recommend downloading the ticket prior to the day of the game but today starting sending emails if you haven't  ;D

Offline claresy2005

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1255 on: February 21, 2024, 03:41:18 pm »
Exactly my thoughts . Another classic. They’ll have realised inviting 100s of queries in the day before the game ( if people had have listened and followed their original instructions ) was a bad idea …

Offline King Kenny Play

• Legacy Fan
  • "Oh Istanbul is wonderful,oh Istanbul is wonderful
« Reply #1256 on: February 21, 2024, 03:53:29 pm »

I have downloaded my ticket and it is deffo a QR code.

With an entrance time of 2 -2.30pm !!!
"The people who come to watch us play, who love the team and regard it as part of their lives, would never appreciate Liverpool having a huge balance in the bank. They want every asset we possess to be wearing a red shirt."

‘Football is like a piano. You need eight people to carry it, and three people to play the damn thing!’

Offline RebeccaLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #1257 on: February 21, 2024, 03:58:00 pm »
We recommend downloading the ticket prior to the day of the game but today starting sending emails if you haven't  ;D

Hah I read it like that

But think they’re saying ‘prior to the day of the game’, so as in anytime before Sunday. Rather than ‘the day prior to the game’

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #1258 on: February 21, 2024, 04:20:00 pm »
I have downloaded my ticket and it is deffo a QR code.

With an entrance time of 2 -2.30pm !!!

Dont they always have entrance times to stagger the fans getting into the ground.

My entrance time is 1:30-2pm but I’ll just go in whenever

Offline Booze And Glory

• Main Stander
« Reply #1259 on: February 21, 2024, 04:38:19 pm »
Dont they always have entrance times to stagger the fans getting into the ground.

My entrance time is 1:30-2pm but I’ll just go in whenever

The entrance times came out after the covid lockdown for the Euros when fans were allowed back but the stadium was not at full capacity, and there was still
a form of social distancing. Suprised they're still using them now to be honest.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #1260 on: February 21, 2024, 05:42:57 pm »
The entrance times came out after the covid lockdown for the Euros when fans were allowed back but the stadium was not at full capacity, and there was still
a form of social distancing. Suprised they're still using them now to be honest.

Yeah that makes sense. No need for them now though

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1261 on: February 21, 2024, 09:50:44 pm »

Is your mate someone who originally said he wasn’t arsed about going the final before Klopp announced he was leaving, and then has perhaps realised the error of his ways?

Because I’ve no idea how you would manage to accidentally download the ticket, if it was meant for someone else you simply forward the email ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #1262 on: February 21, 2024, 09:57:12 pm »
Thank yourselves lucky.

My mates mates club Wembley ticket that I'm having is a paper print out.

I'll end up leaving this in my bag when I drop it at my hotel 🤣

Offline red79

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1263 on: February 22, 2024, 08:44:40 am »

Is it not worth contacting the club explaining whats happened, they might be able to reset the QR, cancel the old one and re-send.

Either that or if they are going together through the same turnstile just share the phone

Offline G a r y

• Sexist Pig. Wants to mate with Dan Bilzerian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #1264 on: February 22, 2024, 09:04:51 am »
Is it not worth contacting the club explaining whats happened, they might be able to reset the QR, cancel the old one and re-send.

Either that or if they are going together through the same turnstile just share the phone
Club said tickets shouldn't be forwarded so you won't get much luck out of them.

All your mate needs is a screenshot. It's unbelievably just a QR code.

Offline 77kop05

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1265 on: February 22, 2024, 10:07:04 am »
Did anyone at all get a call from the club for the leftovers ?

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1266 on: February 22, 2024, 11:04:48 am »
Did anyone at all get a call from the club for the leftovers ?

A number in 1580's didn't... dunno anyone who did - not advertised how many they dropped to (usually do, did for Madrid)

See it now says its sold out etc

Offline LFCagro77

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1267 on: February 22, 2024, 11:12:21 am »

just remove it from the phone its on and download it on the device it needs to go on , the tickets dont disappear when you remove from wallet

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1268 on: February 22, 2024, 11:39:26 am »
Anyone ever seen these entry time slots on the tickets before, I've never noticed them. Mine says 13.00-13.30

they did them for last wembley trips too. it's just to try and ease congestion at the turnstiles. i'd try get in early in any case to avoid the chaos like last time(s)
YNWA.

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1269 on: February 22, 2024, 11:40:48 am »
Thank yourselves lucky.

My mates mates club Wembley ticket that I'm having is a paper print out.

I'll end up leaving this in my bag when I drop it at my hotel 🤣

just as a backup, you can take a photo of the QR code or download the pdf to your phone and it should scan btw  :)
YNWA.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #1270 on: February 22, 2024, 12:22:48 pm »
just as a backup, you can take a photo of the QR code or download the pdf to your phone and it should scan btw  :)
Cheers mate.
I've got the PDF on my phone, just reading everything it says print it.

Suppose I could just ask the lad who gave me the ticket 😂

Offline upthereds1993

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1271 on: February 22, 2024, 12:29:56 pm »
What was the club's thinking behind this? Far as I'm aware they've gone with digital tickets for the final to combat blags / touts, but if it's just a barcode on a phone which can be screenshotted, surely anybody with half a brain cell would know that does absolutely nothing to hinder touts and scammers, arguably makes it much easier.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1272 on: February 22, 2024, 12:35:37 pm »
What was the club's thinking behind this? Far as I'm aware they've gone with digital tickets for the final to combat blags / touts, but if it's just a barcode on a phone which can be screenshotted, surely anybody with half a brain cell would know that does absolutely nothing to hinder touts and scammers, arguably makes it much easier.

Also a lot less hassle than employing a 3rd party to post out 30,000+ tickets as special delivery

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1273 on: February 22, 2024, 01:50:16 pm »

yeah, extremely silly. last fa cup final i believe there was someone that was caught printing loads of blag tickets for our end (if my memory is right) so likely some dinosaur at the top of the EFL and our Club has thought sending them by 'official' lfc email would be "foolproof".

it's not even *that* difficult to create your own passes that can go into your wallet and look "legit" enough to get through initial checks and cause some confusion from some poor steward at the turnstile
YNWA.

Offline red79

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1274 on: February 22, 2024, 03:37:30 pm »
We took up the digital option on the advice from Wembley, if there’s an issue with tickets on the day, I guess we wouldn’t be accountable as we followed the advice

Offline DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1275 on: February 22, 2024, 03:44:16 pm »
Also a lot less hassle than employing a 3rd party to post out 30,000+ tickets as special delivery
Good point. They used some firm in Devon for the last decade or so haven't they. Will save the TO a few quid...

Offline bignred84

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Upper Centenary
« Reply #1276 on: February 22, 2024, 04:32:31 pm »

Bearing in mind all the publicity around the Final tickets and what they will be etc.
what not to do, what not to buy etc.

any idiot buying a screenshot deserves all they get

Offline anfieldash

• Kopite
« Reply #1277 on: February 22, 2024, 04:32:43 pm »
Good point. They used some firm in Devon for the last decade or so haven't they. Will save the TO a few quid...

I think we actually paid for that privilege, something like £8 for each delivery I think it was

Offline bignred84

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Upper Centenary
« Reply #1278 on: February 22, 2024, 04:33:46 pm »

Far lees hassle having to deal with duplicates as well that go missing in the post

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1279 on: February 22, 2024, 05:01:19 pm »
I think we actually paid for that privilege, something like £8 for each delivery I think it was

We paid for the post aspect, club will have covered the 'fees' for the business doing it on their behalf

Paper tickets has less trackability, club can see the IMEI numbers the tickets go onto etc

Last seasons final was full NFC, the only reason this isnt is because chelsea still dont use digital tickets... They're rolling out an App soon which contains QR code tickets, wont even be using google/apple wallet NFC

Would guarantee there'd be people on here moaning if they were paper tickets that its difficult to post them on or get lost in the post etc

Damned if they do and Damned if they dont
« Last Edit: February 22, 2024, 05:05:22 pm by 30fiver »