Author Topic: UK General Election - CLACTON  (Read 130110 times)

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
Re: UK General Election - July 4th, here we go folks.
« Reply #2080 on: May 23, 2024, 02:41:44 pm »
Obviously Labour are better than the Tories regardless of who is leader, I'll be voting Labour as I have in every general election since I was old enough to vote.

but Keir Starmer is Roy Hodgson isn't he. the man is absolutely nothing
why not wait until he's in government to see what he does rather than making pointless soundbites
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2081 on: May 23, 2024, 02:42:35 pm »
It’s all very well being photographed in lots of pubs… but if you don’t really drink and everyone knows it … it all looks so false.  Don’t talk about football and pretend to like it when it’s not you.
It’s the Ed Milliband mistake, don’t pretend to be something you aren’t. If you’re a nerd, own it, people don’t mind as long as you’re authentic)
I hear what you are saying. But I am unconvinced that Sunak wearing proudly, 'I'm a stinking-rich c*nt who could not give a fuck for filthy scum like you' is exactly a vote-winning strategy either. For Sunak, being inauthentic is probably the better option.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2082 on: May 23, 2024, 02:46:05 pm »
why not wait until he's in government to see what he does rather than making pointless soundbites

it's a politics thread on a forum mate, if people aren't supposed to give their opinion on Labour until they get into power then the mods have got some serious cleaning up to do  :D
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2083 on: May 23, 2024, 02:46:11 pm »
Obviously Labour are better than the Tories regardless of who is leader, I'll be voting Labour as I have in every general election since I was old enough to vote.

but Keir Starmer is Roy Hodgson isn't he

Bit harsh. I'd have said Bozo was more like Hodgson. Liked for no apparent reason, full of hot air, waffle; generally a snide cnut, especially when challenged; happy to throw others under the bus to save himself; and clearly utterly incompetent in his chosen profession.

At least compare Starmer to Brendan Rodgers or something...
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #2084 on: May 23, 2024, 02:51:23 pm »
Annual leave for 5th July approved!
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2085 on: May 23, 2024, 02:59:02 pm »
I'll be stunned if there's any blue in Scotland or Wales on 5th July

I wouldn't be so sure about Scotland. The thing is apart from East Renfrewshire and maybe Aberdeen South, there aren't really any seats where Labour are in a direct fight with the Tories. It's all Tory/SNP marginals, and the SNP aren't doing great either.

Can see the Tories holding on in the North East and Borders given the SNP's troubles.

Offline cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2086 on: May 23, 2024, 03:11:26 pm »
Annual leave for 5th July approved!

Same, who's election coverage to watch? LBC and C4's coverage are good.
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #2087 on: May 23, 2024, 03:12:00 pm »

Do you realise how dumb you sound?
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #2088 on: May 23, 2024, 03:12:24 pm »
Just heard quite a bullish pitch from the new SNP leader.  He at least doesn't seem to be throwing rocks at other parties, but pushing forward with what's best for Scotland.

(at least that's how it sounded)
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2089 on: May 23, 2024, 03:12:49 pm »
Comforting to see the same old arguments  :)

If
Father Ted doesnt vote Labour, thats a fault with the party not Ted.
Not really. Labour can't appeal to everyone, we all have our priorities, what appeals to one person might turn off another person, I think most people are reasonable and see the big picture most of the time but some will focus on something they see as more important. we've heard some of the reasons for refusing to support Starmer.  some woman won't vote for him because they think he doesn't know what a woman is,  right sure, am I supposed to respect those opinions. 
Woman getting battered in domestic abuse. woman refusing to report rape attacks as convictions collapse. battered mothers with no safe haven, the list goes on and on, Starmers Labour have all these a priorities but these woman seem to think there priority is more important, they've got Starmer on a technicality, he doesn't know what a woman is, boo.

none of the reasons for opposing Starmers Labour are really about wanting to help the 10s millions living in poverty or finding solutions to improve our services and standard of living. am afraid theres nothing much you can do when people have their own priorities.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2024, 03:15:52 pm by oldfordie »
@David__Osland
Leaving the European Union has completely destroyed the Conservative Party. If that doesn't qualify as a concrete Brexit benefit, what does?

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2090 on: May 23, 2024, 03:15:46 pm »

I'm not a huge fan but I don't really see the comparison to be honest. What do you mean? Seems like the opposite of Hodgson in that he's actually being successful and looks like he will win something

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #2091 on: May 23, 2024, 03:16:26 pm »

I’ll be channel hopping I suspect but I’m end up spending most of the night on BBC
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2092 on: May 23, 2024, 03:16:45 pm »
"The official anthem of Sir Tony Blair's Labour landslide in 1997 was the unfortunate backdrop to Rishi Sunak's announcement yesterday, as a protester played it from a loudspeaker just outside Downing Street.

Since then, it's surged up the iTunes music chart - hitting number five."

Now at number 2 hahaha ;D
« Last Edit: May 23, 2024, 03:26:43 pm by cornishscouser92 »

Offline Dench57

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2093 on: May 23, 2024, 03:24:12 pm »
I'm not a huge fan but I don't really see the comparison to be honest. What do you mean? Seems like the opposite of Hodgson in that he's actually being successful and looks like he will win something

i was leaning more into the grey middle-manager that lowers expectations and tells you that better isn't possible
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #2094 on: May 23, 2024, 03:25:57 pm »
Lad baby already planning things can only get wetter as Christmas number 1
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2095 on: May 23, 2024, 03:28:08 pm »
Feel a bit like this is choosing between a shit sandwich and half a shit sandwich,
This, like the others calling Starmer a bore, a clown or a c*nt is quite exposing when really the entire country should be celebrating an opportunity to relieve ourselves of the enduring pain, corruption, incompetency and self-serving selfishness of this absolutely awful government.
14 fucking years of it. Austerity, Brexit, billion pound PPE scandals, honours for Russian mates & cronies and the dolts on this site can't extract any glee from the potential end of it all but would rather do the Daily Mails work for it.

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2096 on: May 23, 2024, 03:33:01 pm »
That's the difference right there. If someone asked me why I thought Corbyn was a twat then I could come up with many exact reasons why I thought he was a twat; Demonising Labour Voters that didn't share his exact position, lying about Brexit, going on holiday when he was supposed to be doing an anti-Brexit speech, being the first politician in the world to demand that Brexit be done at something like 07:00 the next morning, cosying up to murdering dictators, failing to win the election because he was too stupid/too stuck in his ideals and having no brains along the lines of getting people that don't "fit your worldview" to vote for you - he actually seemed to detest anyone that wasn't in his mindset.

I came up with various other reasons. He gibbed several policies. Did I call him a twat and a liar about those? Not that I can remember - policies sometimes need to be ditched - if anything, he wasn't pragmatic or honest enough to bin some stuff that would have won his votes that wouldn't have happened anyway.

So I did call Corbyn a twat and worse - but unlike some people that are Anti-Starmer - I DID support and get behind Corbyn from the start and for quite a while. Don't believe me? The posts are all still right there on RAWK.

You have called Starmer a twat and a liar and the rest, but unless you can come up with actual reasons rather than the wolly ones that you probably saw on Social media? Then are they really your words? If you can't find the reasons for you to use them then I find that odd. You wrote them. It seems that this 'mob' never gave Starmer a chance from literally day one. Many of those now critical of Corbyn might have had reservations (I didn't personally) and history bore those reservations out. In Starmers case, the second he was elected, people wanted him out regardless of what he did or said. There also seems and seemed to be a case of 'Fucking anything we can throw at the c*nt is good enough for me, even if I can't justify it by explaining my own words.."

I’ve explained several times, but each time it was apparently invalid.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2097 on: May 23, 2024, 03:37:53 pm »

I’ve explained several times, but each time it was apparently invalid.

Read OFs post, your vote is taken for granted and they think thats ok, on the other hand Natalie Elphicke might help attract some racists, except it wont as they will never vote Labour. A picture of Starmer taking the knee is going round twitter but thats ok cos we signed Elphicke.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2098 on: May 23, 2024, 03:39:00 pm »
This, like the others calling Starmer a bore, a clown or a c*nt is quite exposing when really the entire country should be celebrating an opportunity to relieve ourselves of the enduring pain, corruption, incompetency and self-serving selfishness of this absolutely awful government.
14 fucking years of it. Austerity, Brexit, billion pound PPE scandals, honours for Russian mates & cronies and the dolts on this site can't extract any glee from the potential end of it all but would rather do the Daily Mails work for it.

The country is going to spend £89,000,000,0000 (£89bn) on debt interest alone in 2024-25, which is more than the defence budget (£54bn) and Policing budget (£17bn) combined. The country has no money, what do people expect a new government to do? Borrow excessively and see the £89bn figure go up? Increase taxes?

You've got to be rational and practical about what can be raised and spent during the next 5 years.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2099 on: May 23, 2024, 03:44:32 pm »

And then they get shirty when you pull them up over it and how they're entitled to their opinions...
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #2100 on: May 23, 2024, 03:50:35 pm »
"The official anthem of Sir Tony Blair's Labour landslide in 1997 was the unfortunate backdrop to Rishi Sunak's announcement yesterday, as a protester played it from a loudspeaker just outside Downing Street.

Since then, it's surged up the iTunes music chart - hitting number five."

Now at number 2 hahaha ;D

Brian Cox likes this  :D
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2101 on: May 23, 2024, 03:55:28 pm »

No he's Rafa, cold and will moan about there being no money.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2102 on: May 23, 2024, 04:06:44 pm »
The country is going to spend £89,000,000,0000 (£89bn) on debt interest alone in 2024-25, which is more than the defence budget (£54bn) and Policing budget (£17bn) combined. The country has no money, what do people expect a new government to do? Borrow excessively and see the £89bn figure go up? Increase taxes?

You've got to be rational and practical about what can be raised and spent during the next 5 years.
Yep, I've been meaning to highlight something like that for a while cs mate. We really are financially goosed. But fucking hell won't it be a relief not to be wondering what those Tory c*nts will do or try next and it will be so satisfying to be governed by a cohort of MP's that at least care more. A government who you can trust to slowly get things right rather than corrupt fuck-up after corrupt-fuck up.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2103 on: May 23, 2024, 04:07:34 pm »
I see Sunak has put his foot in it by asking, in Wales, if they're looking forward to the football. Reminded me of this:

https://youtu.be/3NLXrpImBCQ?t=9s

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #2104 on: May 23, 2024, 04:08:07 pm »
It’s all very well being photographed in lots of pubs… but if you don’t really drink and everyone knows it … it all looks so false.  Don’t talk about football and pretend to like it when it’s not you.
It’s the Ed Milliband mistake, don’t pretend to be something you aren’t. If you’re a nerd, own it, people don’t mind as long as you’re authentic)

Zac Goldsmith holding a pint. David Cameron supporting Villa....or was it West Ham.....or maybe Burnley.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2105 on: May 23, 2024, 04:10:40 pm »
I don’t believe for a second he planned to stand by those pledges.

Me too. That's why I voted for him.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Online Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2106 on: May 23, 2024, 04:13:05 pm »

The better analogy is surely Corbyn as Hodgson. A great institution reduced to its lowest since 1935. Starmer is Klopp. Taught that institution to win again.

Offline Dench57

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2107 on: May 23, 2024, 04:14:48 pm »
Starmer is Klopp

Am I making this my signature? Because that is an all-timer. Think about what you've just said there Yorky.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2024, 04:18:50 pm by Dench57 »

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2108 on: May 23, 2024, 04:15:43 pm »
The better analogy is surely Corbyn as Hodgson. A great institution reduced to its lowest since 1935. Starmer is Klopp. Taught that institution to win again.

I'm not sure I would call Starmer's Labour Party "Heavy Metal Politics" though.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2109 on: May 23, 2024, 04:17:44 pm »
Yep, I've been meaning to highlight something like that for a while cs mate. We really are financially goosed. But fucking hell won't it be a relief not to be wondering what those Tory c*nts will do or try next and it will be so satisfying to be governed by a cohort of MP's that at least care more. A government who you can trust to slowly get things right rather than corrupt fuck-up after corrupt-fuck up.

A country being run by a man who ran the CPS, if I'd been on the Covid or any other take, I would be shitting bricks.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online Lisan Al Gaib

• Anny Roader
  • Lead them to Paradise
« Reply #2110 on: May 23, 2024, 04:19:02 pm »

Think calling Starmer the equivalent of Klopp is a bit much. Someone said Rodgers earlier? Maybe he's more like that but hopefully it won't go to shit at the end :D

Offline Dench57

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2111 on: May 23, 2024, 04:20:16 pm »
yorky said starmer is klopp, you've all seen it, it's there in writing

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2112 on: May 23, 2024, 04:20:40 pm »
Exactly, it's not a criticism, the list of damage is far bigger than that as well, point is the Torys are going to try and make people forget all this and try to make them listen to lots of stats, how we have made tremendous progress, how Labour will throw away those sacrifices.

The debates are going to be very interesting, has the country changed course for good, the Torys usually only have to talk about a bright new future in these election debates and the audience clap and cheer, all down to them forgetting what they actually did the previous 5 years and feeling nice with the bright new future the Torys paint.
Am hoping the studio audiences sit in silence or laugh mockingly in these debates, when the Torys try the usual bright new future, don't vote Labour boggy man scare attacks,  those tactics have worked for decades, the Torys will know things have changed dramatically for the worse for them if that happens.

It is annoying to hear people saying things won't change much, they really haven't followed politics closely over the last few years but we've seen some of the responses to those points. they have been given sound reasoning why they are wrong.
It's ironic really. the people criticising Starmer for being boring etc also think nothing much will change, lol. they hold old fashioned views that have stopped change for decades. did Clement Attlee go through this shit,  if he did then it's a good job they were ignored otherwise we wouldn't have the NHS or Welfare. Starmers Labour want to change British politics for good in many ways yet here they are attacking them hoping things will stay as they are now. just adding I want the Torys to lose isn't enough.
This isn't just about wining this election, it's about destroying the Torys image for decades to come. do that and job done. we can get back to arguing about when we rejoin the EU and Labour policys after a year or so.
@David__Osland
Leaving the European Union has completely destroyed the Conservative Party. If that doesn't qualify as a concrete Brexit benefit, what does?

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2113 on: May 23, 2024, 04:20:41 pm »
I'm not sure I would call Starmer's Labour Party "Heavy Metal Politics" though.

Indeed.

Offline Dench57

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2114 on: May 23, 2024, 04:21:12 pm »
can Andy make a poll to remove Yorky from the forum please, the evidence is damning

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2115 on: May 23, 2024, 04:25:26 pm »
Starmer's no Klopp but an argument could be made that he's an ideal leader.

Him being quite bland and noncommittal has to be incredibly frustrating for the Tories, as they'll happily attack him over any tiny little thing. By being very middle of the road, he doesn't give them the opportunity to label him as extreme, and he doesn't do anything to scare away more moderate voters. The Tories have done so much damage in the past decade that even a more centrist Labour than some are comfortable with have a ton of options for making the lives of voters better without having to do anything controversial. He also seems like the type to prefer to shy away from the public eye and just get things done.

Obviously it all comes down to how much he's actually willing to do in his time in charge, and none of us really know the answer to that, but there'll be plenty of MP's there to nudge him forward if he needs it.

Offline RedDeadRejection

• Kopite
« Reply #2116 on: May 23, 2024, 04:32:31 pm »
Thats fine mate. I just wanted to make sure you know that they are not aligned in the same way as say Starmer and Natalie Elphicke

🤣

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #2117 on: May 23, 2024, 04:32:53 pm »
Thinking about it having a leader who is quite bland might be what we need, and what people will vote for after the boris bullshit factor, the truss total disaster , and the chaos and dishonesty of sunak people will be looking for a calmer government who just get on with the job without the total hyper bullshit of the last few years
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2118 on: May 23, 2024, 04:38:12 pm »
I'll be watching (streaming) from Europe and was wondering the same thing.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2119 on: May 23, 2024, 04:42:41 pm »
Starmer's no Klopp but an argument could be made that he's an ideal leader.

Him being quite bland and noncommittal has to be incredibly frustrating for the Tories, as they'll happily attack him over any tiny little thing. By being very middle of the road, he doesn't give them the opportunity to label him as extreme, and he doesn't do anything to scare away more moderate voters. The Tories have done so much damage in the past decade that even a more centrist Labour than some are comfortable with have a ton of options for making the lives of voters better without having to do anything controversial. He also seems like the type to prefer to shy away from the public eye and just get things done.

Obviously it all comes down to how much he's actually willing to do in his time in charge, and none of us really know the answer to that, but there'll be plenty of MP's there to nudge him forward if he needs it.

I voted for him in the leadership contest and I also think he's been an okay leader, in that, following on from a poor and deeply, unpopular one.

I don't agree with everything he's done, particularly the Green Economy u-turn and Gaza, but, he's steadied the ship.  He hasn't really had to do much, just wait and watch the Tories implode.  He's not very popular, but just by not being a Tory, that'll be good enough to win, for now.

For me, it's all about delivery and what they do in government.

Bland and grey is fine, if he delivers on making the country better for the most deprived and needy, as well as improving our natural environment.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2024, 05:06:21 pm by Red-Soldier »