Author Topic: UK General Election - CLACTON  (Read 129426 times)

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
Re: UK General Election - July 4th, here we go folks.
« Reply #1840 on: May 22, 2024, 10:20:00 pm »
Thats the kind of thing you’d see in a banana republic. Country before party? Yeah, like fuck. Get these traitors out.

Exactly my thoughts as well.

The voters would never forgive the Tories if they went & did this & got the election that's been announced called off, the Tories would be wipeout if they did a stunt like this
#Sausages

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #1841 on: May 22, 2024, 10:22:44 pm »
Nope
Unless you're voting tactically you're voting Tory.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1842 on: May 22, 2024, 10:25:57 pm »
That speech will live on for decades.   

One of THE greta political disasters

Perhaps Sunak should listen to her about climate change.  ;)
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #1843 on: May 22, 2024, 10:28:36 pm »
Dpends which Asians, I guess. They love a Tory in Leicester.
The ‘all the old folk are dying so the Tories will struggle’ argument. It’s been a thing since the dawn of time but they’re still going.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1844 on: May 22, 2024, 10:39:33 pm »
Yeah lets not start posting shit from those bastards, worse than posting from the fail imo.

You might disagree strongly with Chris Hopr or GB News and what they stand for, but just ignoring those opinions and that side of the debate isn't the way to go. Echo chambers = 2019 again.
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Online Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1845 on: May 22, 2024, 10:40:03 pm »
Unless you're voting tactically you're voting Tory.

I brought my missus round to voting Labour instead of Green. I agree the environment / climate change is the biggest issue we're facing, but this is a generation defining election not a single issue election, and removing the Tories is imperative. Whereas, the Greens are unlikely to make any meaningful inroads - nationally - except take some left-wing votes off Labour. I've voted Green before during the Blair years, but we need to kick the Tories out before they devour the state, the NHS and our futures, leaving the UK as a playground for the "asset sweating" uber wealthy. Also, Starmer's Labour is nothing like the Tories despite all those lazy "Blue Tory or Red Tory" claims that have hung around for many years.

If I lived in a seat where Lib Dems had the best chance of taking a Tory MP seat, then I'd vote Lib Dem. Same for any seats where Greens are polling high enough to win.

I've definitely moved from idealist to pragmatist over the last few years. Unless we move on from FPTP, idealism is just a fantasy, unfortunately. Democracy also isn't supposed to represent every single thing we want individually. We need to look at the big picture. And the big picture is the Tories are c*nts.

Online Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1846 on: May 22, 2024, 10:42:05 pm »
You might disagree strongly with Chris Hopr or GB News and what they stand for, but just ignoring those opinions and that side of the debate isn't the way to go. Echo chambers = 2019 again.

I'm happy to ignore buffoons, racists and clowns.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1847 on: May 22, 2024, 10:49:07 pm »

Phil
@Philmoorhouse76
"It can still be aborted." No it can't. Replacing him as leader doesn't stop him being Prime Minister. They'd need a majority of parliament (not just Conservative MPs) to do that. Whoever is behind this has no clue how elections, governments or even parliament works.
Politics UK
@PolitlcsUK
·
1h
Replying to @PolitlcsUK
Follow for the very latest political news!

Tory MP: "Today has clearly been an absolute disaster but the election is NOT irrevocable; up until the point of the Dissolution of Parliament - when the writs are moved to begin the contests, it can still be aborted."
Show more

https://x.com/Philmoorhouse76/status/1793389230921503124
#Sausages

Offline Redbonnie

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1848 on: May 22, 2024, 10:49:24 pm »

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1849 on: May 22, 2024, 10:50:52 pm »
#Sausages

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1850 on: May 22, 2024, 10:53:16 pm »

Ok
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Redbonnie

• Kopite
« Reply #1851 on: May 22, 2024, 10:53:20 pm »
The fact he is knighted is not relevant and doesnt suggest much thought.
The fact hes a c*nt who employs the likes of Reeves Lammy Streeting and Kendall is what should concern you more.

There are people on pip praying these get kicked out .. don’t underestimate how much they are negatively influencing vulnerable peoples lives.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1852 on: May 22, 2024, 10:57:30 pm »
This will be what drives me nuts. People who don't vote Labour because of his stance on something happening 5,000 fucking miles away. The loss of innocent life infuriates me, and every leader in that conflict is acting like a complete tw@t, but how about we prioritise what's going on over here? It's not like the Tories have a radically different approach to the issue.

Surely those can vote for the Workers Party of Britain?

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #1853 on: May 22, 2024, 10:57:43 pm »
Selfish Rishi!

https://www.politico.eu/article/britains-july-election-summer-holidays-rishi-sunak/

5 great things Britain’s July election ruins

look forward to leaders going even further over the top than normal in their efforts to capitalize on the football frenzy — so expect more cringe photo-ops from the pub.

Yeah, it's funny

They also reckon some Tory MPs are gonna be cancelling their holidays :D

And it's a week after glasto

But before schools in England are on hols!

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1854 on: May 22, 2024, 10:58:03 pm »
There are people on pip praying these get kicked out .. don’t underestimate how much they are negatively influencing vulnerable peoples lives.

Im aware of how bad the Tories are.  Thanks.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1855 on: May 22, 2024, 10:59:05 pm »
This will be what drives me nuts. People who don't vote Labour because of his stance on something happening 5,000 fucking miles away. The loss of innocent life infuriates me, and every leader in that conflict is acting like a complete tw@t, but how about we prioritise what's going on over here? It's not like the Tories have a radically different approach to the issue.

Those people are traitors and are giving Tories a vote

Labour are the opposition, they can't force a ceasefire

I ripped off posters on Smithdown saying STARMER = GENOCIDE

When he's in power, sure, do what you want... but the actual fuckin GOVERNMENT are more guilty just by virtue of being in power

Besides, there's issues at home. No party should be single-issue

(And as much as I want Labour in, I also don't want to be let down... so I'll stay remain somewhat anti-government, even when it's a government I want)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2024, 11:01:48 pm by ToneLa »

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #1856 on: May 22, 2024, 11:02:48 pm »
Guys,

Was it definitely Steve Bray blasting out Things can only get better? I feel I have to chuck him a few quid for that
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Redbonnie

• Kopite
« Reply #1857 on: May 22, 2024, 11:03:30 pm »
Im aware of how bad the Tories are.  Thanks.

Then why would you say it wouldn’t make any difference if we had a Labour Govt instead?

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1858 on: May 22, 2024, 11:03:46 pm »
Phil
@Philmoorhouse76
"It can still be aborted." No it can't. Replacing him as leader doesn't stop him being Prime Minister. They'd need a majority of parliament (not just Conservative MPs) to do that. Whoever is behind this has no clue how elections, governments or even parliament works.
Politics UK
@PolitlcsUK
·
1h
Replying to @PolitlcsUK
Follow for the very latest political news!

Tory MP: "Today has clearly been an absolute disaster but the election is NOT irrevocable; up until the point of the Dissolution of Parliament - when the writs are moved to begin the contests, it can still be aborted."
Show more

https://x.com/Philmoorhouse76/status/1793389230921503124

This is what I said. Unless the Tories can line up a unity candidate with no challengers to avoid a contest, then there's no way they can oust Sunak and replace him in a week.

It took five days to replace Truss with Sunak. I can't see it being that smooth this time.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #1859 on: May 22, 2024, 11:07:21 pm »
Bacon sandwich says rain-drenched Sunak has lost the election already.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1860 on: May 22, 2024, 11:08:28 pm »
Then why would you say it wouldn’t make any difference if we had a Labour Govt instead?

I didnt
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1861 on: May 22, 2024, 11:11:02 pm »
An election about people.

Keeping people out of a country to keep people in their jobs in parliament.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1862 on: May 22, 2024, 11:13:24 pm »
Bacon sandwich says rain-drenched Sunak has lost the election already.

Of course he's lost

The poll lead is one thing. He's doing this now as the future is dodgy

- good economic news
- dumbass Rwanda scheme may pass.
- but more small boats are expected end of summer, so before then
- feel-good footie is on
- rather than wait on the unknown, watch them point at decreasing food prices etc.

Plus he's minted. I like Politico's line:

"If he was going to lose, why not lose now, and head off for a brighter future with his buddies in Silicone Valley?"

I think he's gambled on a loser, but the future may not be much better... when he would HAVE to call it. So he's taking short term good news, though we all know it simply won't fool anyone with their eyes open

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1863 on: May 22, 2024, 11:15:25 pm »
I brought my missus round to voting Labour instead of Green. I agree the environment / climate change is the biggest issue we're facing, but this is a generation defining election not a single issue election, and removing the Tories is imperative. Whereas, the Greens are unlikely to make any meaningful inroads - nationally - except take some left-wing votes off Labour. I've voted Green before during the Blair years, but we need to kick the Tories out before they devour the state, the NHS and our futures, leaving the UK as a playground for the "asset sweating" uber wealthy. Also, Starmer's Labour is nothing like the Tories despite all those lazy "Blue Tory or Red Tory" claims that have hung around for many years.

If I lived in a seat where Lib Dems had the best chance of taking a Tory MP seat, then I'd vote Lib Dem. Same for any seats where Greens are polling high enough to win.

I've definitely moved from idealist to pragmatist over the last few years. Unless we move on from FPTP, idealism is just a fantasy, unfortunately. Democracy also isn't supposed to represent every single thing we want individually. We need to look at the big picture. And the big picture is the Tories are c*nts.
I remember warning a few people about these Torys back in 2020, they are fanatics, I think they must have wondered what I was talking about, how could they be fanatics they aren't even left wing.
These Torys today masquerade under the Tory banner, it won them power but am hoping they've destroyed the Tory partys image for many years to come.
@David__Osland
Leaving the European Union has completely destroyed the Conservative Party. If that doesn't qualify as a concrete Brexit benefit, what does?

Offline RedDeadRejection

• Kopite
« Reply #1864 on: May 22, 2024, 11:15:59 pm »
Tories trying to stop this may actually be the thing people finally hit the streets for.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1865 on: May 22, 2024, 11:16:30 pm »
Bookies first reaction to bring a few smiles.

Labour 1/12 to unseat Johnathan Gullis. nothing on Lee Anderson yet but he's been saying he's been favourite to win the seat for a few months, I think he's telling Porkies.
Labour 4/9 to unseat Rees-Mogg
Labour 1/6 to unseat Theresa Villiers
Labour 11/10 to take out Braverman
Labour 1/7 to take out Daniel Kwacsynski
Laboour 1/3 to take out Theresa Coffey
labour 8/15 to take out Esther McVey
Many toss ups that would be normally safe Tory seats.

@David__Osland
Leaving the European Union has completely destroyed the Conservative Party. If that doesn't qualify as a concrete Brexit benefit, what does?

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1866 on: May 22, 2024, 11:17:10 pm »
The Tories threw out Sly News from their top secret *checks notes* election launch press conference.

How are they so bad at politics? Is it performance art at this stage or what?

Found the video

Sky News’ political correspondent Darren McCaffrey was thrown out of a Conservative party campaign launch event on Wednesday live on air.

McCaffrey was manhandled by the event’s security as he attempted to explain, walking backwards while broadcasting, why he was being forcibly removed.

McCaffrey said the party claimed the event was being covered by a pool camera which was supporting broadcasters with footage and therefore he wasn’t authorised to be there.<a href="https://youtube.com/v/jIZRnhaaUCg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/jIZRnhaaUCg</a>

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1867 on: May 22, 2024, 11:17:25 pm »
Tories trying to stop this may actually be the thing people finally hit the streets for.

Its hard to imagine how it wouldn't make it worse for them

Offline Redbonnie

• Kopite
« Reply #1868 on: May 22, 2024, 11:19:32 pm »
I didnt

Apologies ..it was a different poster. You were the one who called the country’s only hope of getting rid of a rogue government which is actively destroying peoples lives… A c**nt.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1869 on: May 22, 2024, 11:20:42 pm »
Apologies ..it was a different poster. You were the one who called the country’s only hope of getting rid of a rogue government which is actively destroying peoples lives… A c**nt.

yay, you got there in the end.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1870 on: May 22, 2024, 11:29:23 pm »
This is what I said. Unless the Tories can line up a unity candidate with no challengers to avoid a contest, then there's no way they can oust Sunak and replace him in a week.

It took five days to replace Truss with Sunak. I can't see it being that smooth this time.

It would be an absolute gift for Labour if they abort the election, they are such a shambles that they can’t even hold an election, it would finish them off.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1871 on: May 22, 2024, 11:33:41 pm »
Bookies first reaction to bring a few smiles.

Labour 1/12 to unseat Johnathan Gullis. nothing on Lee Anderson yet but he's been saying he's been favourite to win the seat for a few months, I think he's telling Porkies.
Labour 4/9 to unseat Rees-Mogg
Labour 1/6 to unseat Theresa Villiers
Labour 11/10 to take out Braverman
Labour 1/7 to take out Daniel Kwacsynski
Laboour 1/3 to take out Theresa Coffey
labour 8/15 to take out Esther McVey
Many toss ups that would be normally safe Tory seats.

McVey is in an ultra safe Tory seat [Tatton] i'll be amazed & laughing my head off, if the Tories lose that seat, the only time they've ever lost the seat was at the 97 election, when Labour & Lib Dems came together & pulled out their candidates, for an independent candidate [Martin Bell] against the Tory incumbent at the time who was hit by sleaze & scandal.
#Sausages

Offline Redbonnie

• Kopite
« Reply #1872 on: May 22, 2024, 11:35:34 pm »
yay, you got there in the end.

I honestly don’t find any humour in human suffering. The tories have the whole establishment behind them and god knows what they have got up their sleeves in terms of dirty tricks. It’s incredibly depressing to me that people can’t unite to get this over the line. It really is life or death for some people. We live in a right of centre country and it takes an awful lot for Labour to win any election.

For the next 6 weeks if you can’t be positive please be quiet.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #1873 on: May 22, 2024, 11:42:04 pm »
Labour for me. Mainly because I’ve always voted Labour.

Part of me hates the two party system. We all know in x number of years time, the country, bored of Labour, will be voting Tory again, and it stinks. But another part of me is terrified of what the alternative might be. Could be some right fuckin nut job two bit set of chancers. Fuck that.

Just vote Labour folks. Get the c*nts out.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1874 on: May 22, 2024, 11:45:33 pm »
Guys,

Was it definitely Steve Bray blasting out Things can only get better? I feel I have to chuck him a few quid for that

And when they cut the PA, he started singing it at the top of his voice  ;D
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #1875 on: May 22, 2024, 11:47:43 pm »
Guys,

He’s a bit of a legend him.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1876 on: May 22, 2024, 11:53:29 pm »
I honestly don’t find any humour in human suffering.

Me neither

For the next 6 weeks if you can’t be positive please be quiet. 

Its a discussion forum, I expressed a view.  You can react to that in different ways, challenge them, ignore them, agree with them or put me on ignore.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1877 on: May 23, 2024, 12:04:54 am »
He’s a bit of a legend him.

I was listening to the speech on LBC on my phone when it was being made and the music was definitely louder then it is on the BBC footage they have on their website
Thinking is overrated.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1878 on: May 23, 2024, 12:11:08 am »
McVey is in an ultra safe Tory seat [Tatton] i'll be amazed & laughing my head off, if the Tories lose that seat, the only time they've ever lost the seat was at the 97 election, when Labour & Lib Dems came together & pulled out their candidates, for an independent candidate [Martin Bell] against the Tory incumbent at the time who was hit by sleaze & scandal.
  :) I bet she thought the same back in 2020.
@David__Osland

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1879 on: May 23, 2024, 12:11:36 am »

More relevantly, left wing echo chambers equals 2016.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258