Author Topic: UK General Election - July 4th, here we go folks.  (Read 93386 times)

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
Re: UK GE and Local Elections, plus polls, and policy.
« Reply #1360 on: May 4, 2024, 09:51:10 pm »
Can't stand him. All for show.

Long may he have no job and be forced to follow fabricant and that carpet he wears

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1361 on: May 4, 2024, 09:57:22 pm »
Writing exclusively for the Observer, Labour leader Keir Starmer says that Sunak has no option but to call a general election immediately to avoid further damage being inflicted on the country by his paralysed government and deeply divided party.

“Tragically, Britain is now the victim of a zombie government, stuck in purgatory with a prime minister who won’t call an election he fears he’ll lose, but can’t give this country the change it deserves. Dragging this out will only cause more damage, more decline and more drift.”

Certainly not wrong here. This government is like a bird with two broken wings.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1362 on: May 4, 2024, 09:58:17 pm »
Street backed Truss and has made a shit show of the west Midlands.

Deserve it all, the hiding little Tory rat
That says it all for me, he may be polite but anyone who supported Truss supported values I despise.
Chris Bryant

It feels as if the major from Fawlty Towers has taken over the Tory campaign.
10:42 PM · May 25, 2024
·

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #1363 on: May 4, 2024, 10:00:50 pm »
Can't stand him. All for show.

Long may he have no job and be forced to follow fabricant and that carpet he wears
He's just the underlay.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1364 on: May 4, 2024, 10:07:33 pm »
Poor old Sarmer calling for an early election. Bet he hasn't had a bacon butty for months, the poor bastard.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #1365 on: May 4, 2024, 10:19:54 pm »
That says it all for me, he may be polite but anyone who supported Truss supported values I despise.

For me he's the worst kind of Tory.

Johnson, truss, Braverman are all out there bold as brass. You can't reasonably argue they are good.

Street is the acceptable Tory. The fella who says the right things but he's ultimately still a fucking Tory.

Hope he has to ask Fabricant to sell some of his wigs.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1366 on: May 4, 2024, 10:23:34 pm »

Johnson, truss, Braverman are all out there bold as brass. You can't reasonably argue they are good.

Street is the acceptable Tory. The fella who says the right things but he's ultimately still a fucking Tory.

Poor old Fabricant is going to have the rug pulled from over him.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #1367 on: May 4, 2024, 10:27:33 pm »
Poor old Fabricant is going to have the rug pulled from over him.

My other half is not remotely politically minded so I showed her the photos of the candidates on Thursday and explained street is in "intense friendship" with fabricant and illustrated fabricant.

Without provocation she asked "why is he wearing that ridiculous wig"

And that's how I met your mother

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #1368 on: May 4, 2024, 10:45:12 pm »
Street backed Truss and has made a shit show of the west Midlands.

Deserve it all, the hiding little Tory rat

I keep wondering what he’s done to deserve this level of praise he’s getting
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1369 on: May 4, 2024, 10:51:07 pm »

I will give him credit for not taking his campaign into the gutter which is something we want to see from future Torys but we also want to see future Torys call out the charlatans. maybe am being unfair as I don't know the ins and outs of this campaign but I thought his response to the defeat was bullshit, taking all the blame for the defeat, none of it down to Sunak or the Torys, nahh he lost because the country is showing it's contempt for this Tory government. his response might be down to the promise of a seat in the next election or his partner Fabricants influence.
Chris Bryant

·

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1370 on: May 4, 2024, 10:53:02 pm »
Can't argue with that.
Fuck him.

Offline LuverlyRita

• metar made
  • Kopite
« Reply #1371 on: May 4, 2024, 11:10:05 pm »
My other half is not remotely politically minded so I showed her the photos of the candidates on Thursday and explained street is in "intense friendship" with fabricant and illustrated fabricant.

Without provocation she asked "why is he wearing that ridiculous wig"
Always makes me think of Dougal from the Magic Roundabout  :lmao

The results today have been brilliant. In London Sadiq Khan has conducted himself with enormous dignity throughout what has been a toxic campaign. Aside from defeating the Tories there is the added bonus that the anti-enviromentalists, racists and Islamophobes are absolutely seething tonight. Hope that they're choking on their cocoa  ;D
« Last Edit: May 4, 2024, 11:11:42 pm by LuverlyRita »

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1372 on: May 4, 2024, 11:13:38 pm »
I have just rejoined the party, really feel we have to take this opportunity and finish the buggers off. If that means losing my fingers to big ruddy dogs, then so be it. Leafleting is back on the menu it seems.  :D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1373 on: May 4, 2024, 11:20:11 pm »
I have just rejoined the party, really feel we have to take this opportunity and finish the buggers off. If that means losing my fingers to big ruddy dogs, then so be it. Leafleting is back on the menu it seems.  :D
good stuff Jill!

it's been a great few days for Labour, great to see yet more positive results from the work they've put in turning the ship around these last few years.

great to see so many people enjoying it on here too. although wondering if some of those who find an angle to criticise every single thing Labour does might emerge from the woodwork soon to congratulate the party for their successes (in spite of their own qualms) ;)

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #1374 on: May 4, 2024, 11:23:03 pm »

Most of the praise comes from people not in the west Midlands.

He's not an overt racist or bigot. So he's the lesser evil.

Always makes me think of Dougal from the Magic Roundabout  :lmao

We moved onto Micky Flanagans syrup of figs rant because I'm a basic bitch

Personally I think he should fuck off with carpet hair to north Wales. But I'm what you may call left leaning
« Last Edit: May 4, 2024, 11:25:00 pm by red_Mark1980 »

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1375 on: May 4, 2024, 11:34:38 pm »
good stuff Jill!

it's been a great few days for Labour, great to see yet more positive results from the work they've put in turning the ship around these last few years.

great to see so many people enjoying it on here too. although wondering if some of those who find an angle to criticise every single thing Labour does might emerge from the woodwork soon to congratulate the party for their successes (in spite of their own qualms) ;)

The likes of Liverpool, Sheffield and Manchester have no Tory councillors at all now, when Labour gets in it's an opportunity that has to be taken so we can prove that Labour can improve things and be trusted. So, I really hope everyone can get together and find a constructive way of working. There are always going to be different opinions, as everyone is different but let's use in a constructive way rather than a negative one.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1376 on: May 4, 2024, 11:38:20 pm »
The joke in the West Midlands is that, if their is a photo opportunity then Street would be there in his Hi Viz

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1377 on: May 4, 2024, 11:59:11 pm »
This is less than 2 weeks old but I don’t remember it getting much coverage, if London was in top spot it would have been front page news with Khans face all over it (interestingly they don’t even mention who was responsible for policing in the West Midlands until a few hours ago):

West Midlands force has highest knife crime rate

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/ce7r36rrezjo

But apparently it’s London fault:

West Midlands anti-knife crime mentor Malachi Nunes said: "Knife crime is higher in the West Midlands because young people here follow the trend of what’s happening in the capital. London has a big influence on cities like Birmingham.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #1378 on: May 5, 2024, 12:23:14 am »
Meanwhile the final outcome of the council elections has Labour winning control of 50, Lib Dem’s 12, Tories 6.
still one to come later today, Salford, 5 Tory councillors there, hopefully they all get wiped out
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1379 on: May 5, 2024, 01:33:16 am »
I'm going to have to start getting into 'nights' mode in preparation for the GE. I do not want to miss one minute of that!

Got one of my days annual leave saved up for the day after 😄

Won’t be fit for work that day

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1380 on: May 5, 2024, 02:18:09 am »
I don't think I've ever seen a party of government collapse so severely between one GE and the next. This isn't like losing a coalition partner, or seven to eight years of steadily increasing unpopularity. The Tories have gone from a relatively healthy majority to being utterly doomed in less than five years. It really is spectacular.
We won't know for sure for at least 5-10yrs but I think the Torys still don't understand just how much damage they've done to the partys future.
Only have to look at the reaction of studio audiences these days.  ive never seen what's happening today ever before, they can't even get people to listen.
All the old bulls.. doesn't work anymore. blaming others to deflect doesn't work, stirring up anger doesn't work. all the promises are seen as just more lies. excuses mocked. I honestly believe this Tory government have been a education for millions that will stay with them for life. the Torys have just gone too far, they have destroyed everything while putting us in massive debt,  it's not all down to Brexit lies. it's just everything. the sleaze. the incompetence. blowing billions, giving m8s millions for donations. audiences just frown or laugh mockingly when Tory MPs try to con them. I can't see people changing that opinion in years to come.
Chris Bryant

·

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #1381 on: May 5, 2024, 07:09:13 am »
I genuinely think it’s because he talks with a degree of normality. A low bar. Compared to the Tories we’ve been subjected to in recent years, he seems like a fairly nice bloke - who I think connects with folk. Delighted he’s lost though!

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #1382 on: May 5, 2024, 07:10:52 am »
Just seen a Susan Hall campaigner on Twitter suggest he barely met a Khan supporter in 8 months of canvassing. The implication that it was rigged. How grim.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1383 on: May 5, 2024, 08:07:26 am »
Just seen a Susan Hall campaigner on Twitter suggest he barely met a Khan supporter in 8 months of canvassing. The implication that it was rigged. How grim.

Trump play book right there.

Jurgen YNWA

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1384 on: May 5, 2024, 08:16:07 am »
Trump play book right there.

The Tory’s and Trump have been in bed since Brexit, Steve Banon and Cummings. Identical strategy’s. Repeat the lie enough and boldly, idiots believe.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1385 on: May 5, 2024, 08:18:22 am »
We won't know for sure for at least 5-10yrs but I think the Torys still don't understand just how much damage they've done to the partys future.
Only have to look at the reaction of studio audiences these days.  ive never seen what's happening today ever before, they can't even get people to listen.
All the old bulls.. doesn't work anymore. blaming others to deflect doesn't work, stirring up anger doesn't work. all the promises are seen as just more lies. excuses mocked. I honestly believe this Tory government have been a education for millions that will stay with them for life. the Torys have just gone too far, they have destroyed everything while putting us in massive debt,  it's not all down to Brexit lies. it's just everything. the sleaze. the incompetence. blowing billions, giving m8s millions for donations. audiences just frown or laugh mockingly when Tory MPs try to con them. I can't see people changing that opinion in years to come.

They have nothing to say. 2010-2015 it was all "Labour wrecked the economy so we need austerity". 2016-2019 it was "get Brexit done". Once that was off the agenda they've had nothing except "stop the boats", yet are powerless to do so other than silly gimmicks like Rwanda which only plays to a minority of their base.

When it's the poorest in society taking the hit (i.e. austerity) they can get by with bribing their base with tax cuts and low interest rates/low inflation. Once the middle classes started being hit by the cost of living crisis they were done for.

Their existential crisis for years to come is younger people aren't turning conservative as they age as they used to.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1386 on: May 5, 2024, 08:21:36 am »

He just did a shit job. If he'd actually gone and talked to people, she might have done better. :lmao

It's not the US. Londoners will just laugh at stuff like that.

That rumour that Khan was going to lose probably came from the same place. Make up an election result beforehand, and if it doesn't come to pass, people are more likely to believe the election was rigged...
« Last Edit: May 5, 2024, 08:24:21 am by redbyrdz »
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1387 on: May 5, 2024, 08:26:40 am »
The question now is whether farrage makes a come back or not.  If he returns to lead Deform, the Tories will beget under 100 seats.

I suspect he will only return if he thinks he can win a seat though, is that possible? It might not be, deform are polling lower than ukip at their peak.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1388 on: May 5, 2024, 08:34:14 am »
The question now is whether farrage makes a come back or not.  If he returns to lead Deform, the Tories will beget under 100 seats.

I suspect he will only return if he thinks he can win a seat though, is that possible? It might not be, deform are polling lower than ukip at their peak.

He isnt returning to Reform. He will join the Tories post election if they elect a nutter as leader.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1389 on: May 5, 2024, 08:35:20 am »
This is less than 2 weeks old but I don’t remember it getting much coverage, if London was in top spot it would have been front page news with Khans face all over it (interestingly they don’t even mention who was responsible for policing in the West Midlands until a few hours ago):

West Midlands force has highest knife crime rate

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/ce7r36rrezjo

But apparently it’s London fault:

West Midlands anti-knife crime mentor Malachi Nunes said: "Knife crime is higher in the West Midlands because young people here follow the trend of what’s happening in the capital. London has a big influence on cities like Birmingham.

https://twitter.com/FergusCraig/status/1786040030663717052/mediaViewer?currentTweet=1786040030663717052&currentTweetUser=FergusCraig

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1390 on: May 5, 2024, 08:39:27 am »
Mark Harper rolled out to face the media music this morning and states ‘the polls are wrong’ on sky news when confronted with the ever widening gap between the Tories and Labour.

Comical Ali lives.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1391 on: May 5, 2024, 08:44:58 am »
For me, all of this is bigger than party politics. Theyve been in charge for all this time, someone else deserves a go. I think even if i was a Tory voter,  I'd want them out of power at this point. Its madness anyone could vote for them.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Thinking is overrated.

Online Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1393 on: May 5, 2024, 08:52:07 am »
Sky still pushing the projections that based upon Thursday's results labour at best only 7% ahead and a hung parliament.

So the pollsters have it all wrong?

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1394 on: May 5, 2024, 09:04:46 am »
Sky still pushing the projections that based upon Thursday's results labour at best only 7% ahead and a hung parliament.

So the pollsters have it all wrong?

It's what the Tories are clinging to this morning. Transport secretary says the locals prove the polls are wrong and that there's everything to fight for.

Fine. Call an election then.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #1395 on: May 5, 2024, 09:07:38 am »

Here we go.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1396 on: May 5, 2024, 09:13:00 am »
The lunatic Braverman on Kuenssberg talking her usual bigoted nonsense

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1397 on: May 5, 2024, 09:16:36 am »

Just caught some of that. Wants to stop migration, do something about the European Court of Human Rights and the transgender ideology which has been indoctrinated in our schools. Not sure why the BBC have her on now?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1398 on: May 5, 2024, 09:38:15 am »

Gone Full Boebart there. You never go Full Boebart.

The Tories' only hope now is a snap election whilst people are moaning that Starmer is committing genocide for behaving exactly the same as the Tories and Biden. Im starting to suspect that one of the reasons Sunak is holding off isn't fear, or delusion, or grift - it's brain lock.

Bozo turned them into a single issue party and then purged the Tories of anyone with common sense. They have no record to campaign on, and I dont think they're capable of putting together a manifesto.

That's it. Sunak won't call an election because his team can't come up with any policies. They have no identity. They have made enemies everywhere - householders, rail workers, doctors, nurses, teachers. Who is going to believe them on the economy, the NHS, publicservices?

All they have is tax cuts and immigration. It's not enough and they know it. It's not so much fear as deer caught in headlights.

Popcorn's Art

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1399 on: May 5, 2024, 09:51:11 am »
Just caught some of that. Wants to stop migration, do something about the European Court of Human Rights and the transgender ideology which has been indoctrinated in our schools. Not sure why the BBC have her on now?

Nothing about the cost of living, the NHS, defence, just hate, hate and more hate I’m guessing?
Thinking is overrated.