Author Topic: Everton - The 777 Unflushables  (Read 771970 times)

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Everton - The 777 Unflushables
« Reply #12960 on: May 4, 2024, 02:22:19 am »
Surely next season they are looking at a 10 point deduction for administration, plus another 4 (or whatever it was) for presumably breaking the rules for a third time. If they have to sell their players during the summer to boot then surely even those roaches can't survive that?

Also wtf was all the crowd shots about during the derby? Never seen so many cameras panning to show Lonsdale trackies in my life? It was weird as fuck.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #12961 on: May 4, 2024, 07:18:33 am »
Surely next season they are looking at a 10 point deduction for administration, plus another 4 (or whatever it was) for presumably breaking the rules for a third time. If they have to sell their players during the summer to boot then surely even those roaches can't survive that?

Also wtf was all the crowd shots about during the derby? Never seen so many cameras panning to show Lonsdale trackies in my life? It was weird as fuck.

They'll sell Branthwaite and Onana for a lot of money. Bring a few in cheap and dogs of war their way to safety while the promoted teams struggle again (Leicester will also come up with a deduction) and are limited in what they can spend.

More difficult if they go into admin but they'll try and avoid that.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12962 on: May 4, 2024, 08:56:54 am »
They'll sell Branthwaite and Onana for a lot of money. Bring a few in cheap and dogs of war their way to safety while the promoted teams struggle again (Leicester will also come up with a deduction) and are limited in what they can spend.

More difficult if they go into admin but they'll try and avoid that.

I think the days of big money transfers for slightly better than average players are over. Financial fair play requirements will curb the spending of multiple clubs.

As distressed sellers, Everton will not be getting top dollar for their players.
Justice for the 96!

Online Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #12963 on: May 4, 2024, 09:12:23 am »
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline LuverlyRita

• metar made
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12964 on: May 4, 2024, 10:34:08 am »

Local to where is a question for another time.

Football is a global game these days. The big clubs know this and have tie ins with companies around the world that allow them to reach out to a global fan base. An example of this is Liverpools choice of kit supplier Nike, they are able to get Liverpool kits in sports shops in every corner of the globe.

Everton would have been better off spending the money they had a few years ago on an improved commercial operation rather than overpriced number 10s.
Everton made the decision to promote themselves as "local". I suspect it was due to the fact that we were "global" and they wanted to differentiate themselves. The fans bought it big-time and started portraying themselves as somehow more authentic and superior. Myths took hold e.g. that Walton Breck Road is full of Norwegians on a matchday - something I've never noticed despite it being my route up to the ground (I've also never noticed the plethora of Bluenoses who are apparently also there every home game to witness said "Norwegians").
The problem with all this is that Everton, as one of the founders of the Premier League, forgot that the idea was to grow the game and in creating a hostile environment for those "not born", they didn't just shoot themselves in the commerical foot, they blew their entire commercial legs off  ::)

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #12965 on: May 4, 2024, 11:25:57 am »
Everton made the decision to promote themselves as "local". I suspect it was due to the fact that we were "global" and they wanted to differentiate themselves. The fans bought it big-time and started portraying themselves as somehow more authentic and superior. Myths took hold e.g. that Walton Breck Road is full of Norwegians on a matchday - something I've never noticed despite it being my route up to the ground (I've also never noticed the plethora of Bluenoses who are apparently also there every home game to witness said "Norwegians").
The problem with all this is that Everton, as one of the founders of the Premier League, forgot that the idea was to grow the game and in creating a hostile environment for those "not born", they didn't just shoot themselves in the commerical foot, they blew their entire commercial legs off  ::)

I was laughing to myself walking away from Goodison the other week at the sheer amount of traffic heading down the East Lancs. Also, couldn't believe how literally none of them walked into a house on Walton Lane as I've always been assured how local they all are to the ground? ::)
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #12966 on: May 4, 2024, 11:32:02 am »

I think the days of big money transfers for slightly better than average players are over. Financial fair play requirements will curb the spending of multiple clubs.

As distressed sellers, Everton will not be getting top dollar for their players.

Definitely. COVID and PSR rules will have pretty much dented Everton's hopes for a massive windfall. For example, if you look at Pickford. Last summer was the time to sell him. Multiple clubs were seeking goalkeepers. They had no takers, despite pretty much inferring he was on the market. They also claimed Chelsea were in for Onana last summer. Chelsea signed three DMs. None of which were Onana. If Everton had run themselves properly like Brighton for example, they would have cashed in on Calvert-Lewin after his purple patch season under Ancelotti. They'll receive a fraction of what they could have got 2-3 years ago for him.

In order to get the windfall they think they can recoup, Everton would need to be certain that one of the traditional PL Top 6 would be in for one of their players. Chelsea are going to almost certainly have spending restrictions this summer. Man Utd by most accounts still can't spend the way they previously have. Neither have European football. I doubt Arsenal would be in for Pickford, Branthwaite or Onana.  Spurs probably wouldn't be either. We certainly won't.

If you look at last summer, the biggest purchases by PL clubs outside of that bracket were Newcastle signing Tonali for £55m + add-ons, Villa spending £52m+ on Moussa Diaby, Wolves signing Cunha for £44m (which they were obligated to do by the stipulations of their loan agreement), Newcastle paying £38m for Harvey Barnes and West Ham paying £38m+ add-ons for Kudus. Maybe Villa will make a few big signings to bolster their squad for CL football, but Monchi seems a smart enough operator that he won't be interested in overpaying for Everton players given their obvious financial issues. Newcastle might need to sell players due to PSR.  By most accounts, West Ham have a bit more flexibility, but Moyes won't be around to press for players from the PL.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12967 on: May 4, 2024, 12:59:35 pm »
Just seen this on twatter:

A major fraud complaint has been filed against the prospective
owners of Everton, 777 Partners.

Lenders to 777 Partners accused it of fraud, claiming that the Miami based investment firm borrowed $350 million by pledging assets it didn't own.

[@business]

That’s Bloomberg’s twitter.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #12968 on: May 4, 2024, 01:50:31 pm »
Fit and proper. Nothing to see here. Please continue.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12969 on: May 4, 2024, 01:51:06 pm »

Lenders to 777 Partners accused it of fraud, claiming that the Miami based investment firm borrowed $350 million by pledging assets it didn't own.

[@business]

BMD?
Jurgen YNWA

Online SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12970 on: May 4, 2024, 01:52:02 pm »

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #12972 on: May 4, 2024, 01:56:10 pm »

[@business]

:lmao they’ve even used their other clubs as collateral for loans.  The whole thing is on the verge of collapse.  This is good for Everton, but also means administration cannot be ruled out.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #12973 on: May 4, 2024, 02:17:09 pm »

[@business]

:thumbup

The article...

'Lenders to 777 Partners Allege Fraud, Double-Pledging in Suit':-

Fight is over $350 million collateral from Josh Wander’s firm
777’s move to buy Everton FC cast spotlight on its finances

www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2024-05-04/lenders-to-777-partners-allege-fraud-double-pledging-in-suit? - or in full & free, here: https://archive.ph/oNY7v#s
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12974 on: May 4, 2024, 02:18:31 pm »

The article...

'Lenders to 777 Partners Allege Fraud, Double-Pledging in Suit':-

Fight is over $350 million collateral from Josh Wander’s firm
777’s move to buy Everton FC cast spotlight on its finances

www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2024-05-04/lenders-to-777-partners-allege-fraud-double-pledging-in-suit? - or in full & free, here: https://archive.ph/oNY7v#s

The bitters will have this bit

Liverpool-based football club
Jurgen YNWA

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #12975 on: May 4, 2024, 05:18:35 pm »

[@business]

Match made in heaven, right there.
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12976 on: May 4, 2024, 05:22:29 pm »

[@business]

It gets better.
Popcorn time!

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12977 on: May 4, 2024, 06:04:18 pm »
Everton’s prospective owners 777 sued in ‘Ponzi scheme’ fraud case
Lawsuit filed in New York brands US investment firm 777 Partners ‘a house of cards on the brink of collapse’
Ben Rumsby
4 May 2024 • 5:10pm

Everton’s prospective new owners have been accused of using “an outright Ponzi scheme” to buy the club after being accused of borrowing “fraudulently” against circa £280 million of assets.

Josh Wander and Steve Pasko of 777 Partners are at the centre of a lawsuit in which the former and “his group of alter ego entities” are alleged to have “pledged” as collateral more than $350m in assets they did not control or “did not exist”.

An 82-page complaint filed in New York by Leadenhall Capital Partners LLP and Leadenhall Life Insurance Linked Investments Fund PLC on Friday branded 777 “a house of cards on the brink of collapse”, adding: “Everton is the latest shiny object of Wander’s fraudulent scheme.”

The lawsuit is the latest to engulf the US investment firm, which already owns several football clubs worldwide.

The latest claimants against 777 are seeking unspecified damages and a court order barring it from violating its obligations, alleging in their complaint: “To induce Leadenhall to fund their operation, Wander, along with his group of alter ego entities, ‘pledged’ over $350 million in assets as collateral to Leadenhall, knowing all along that the assets either did not exist, were not actually owned by Wander’s entities, or had already been pledged to another lender.

“Wander has already admitted to rampant and fundamental breaches of the parties’ agreements – the only question now is whether Leadenhall will be able to recover millions of dollars in damages from a house of cards on the brink of collapse.”

Claiming those accused had been running “an illegal and unsecured personal piggy bank that an individual like Wander could use to finance risky private equity investments in aviation, media, and sports including professional football (soccer) teams”, it went on: “Everton is the latest shiny object of Wander’s fraudulent scheme, solvency aside.

“Despite the fact that 777 Partners and many of the operating businesses and professional football teams that Wander owns are deep in debt, behind on their obligations, and on thin ice with regulators, Wander’s strategy has been continued expansion – using debt to acquire new assets that he can then use as collateral for more debt, which he then fails to timely pay off, in a seemingly never-ending cycle of ‘robbing Peter to pay Paul’.
Upon information and belief, Wander and Pasko are operating a giant shell game at best, and an outright Ponzi scheme at worst, that takes money in from investors and lenders and shuffles it around to various money-losing alter egos in the enterprise to disguise their true financial condition.”

A spokesperson for 777 told Telegraph Sport it did not typically comment on litigation.

The lawsuit was filed at the end of a week in which 777’s airline portfolio of 777 shrunk twice as Premier League approval for its takeover of Everton continued to evade the firm.

Days after Australian budget airline Bonza entered voluntary administration, sister Canadian company Flair said other backers would take up shares owned by 777.

The situation at Bonza is likely to be scrutinised by the Premier League, which could require guarantees that no other companies in the 777 stable are in trouble.

Everton owner Farhad Moshiri agreed a deal to sell his 94.1 per cent stake in the club to 777 in September, but the takeover approval process has been fraught.

This week, 777 Partners made a last-minute payment of around £16 million towards working capital at the Premier League side, to ease alarm shortly after Bonza abruptly ceased flying.

But the events of the week will merely compound doubts over its ability to raise enough funds to complete a £500 million purchase of Everton, who it also emerged had begun talks with debt-restructuring experts in a move that raised further questions about the protracted takeover.