Author Topic: Arsenal: Top of the divers league  (Read 397452 times)

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Re: Arsenal: Top of the divers league
« Reply #8480 on: May 12, 2024, 09:10:36 pm »
More wins than the Invincibles
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8481 on: May 12, 2024, 09:15:57 pm »
More wins than the Invincibles

Scored more goals too

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8482 on: May 12, 2024, 09:23:45 pm »
If it goes down to goal difference it means city draw one game, so they have to make up -3 on us in one game, plus we got everton at home last, so its very unlikely

They have an extremely disinterested West Ham. I reckon they'd put loads past them if they needed too.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #8483 on: May 12, 2024, 09:29:42 pm »
They have an extremely disinterested West Ham. I reckon they'd put loads past them if they needed too.
They’d need 7 because Arsenal are beating the Ev by minimum 4.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8484 on: May 12, 2024, 09:34:59 pm »
GD is irrelevant.

If City beat Spurs on Tuesday, they are winning it 100%.
If they don't,  Arsenal will win it.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8485 on: May 12, 2024, 09:37:48 pm »
They’d need 7 because Arsenal are beating the Ev by minimum 4.

West Ham have conceded 10 goals more than Everton this season. Arsenal themselves put 6 past them. Ourselves, Chelsea, Palace and Fulham have all scored 5.

I'm not saying they'd do it, but it's definitely not beyond the realms of possibility.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2024, 09:39:27 pm by LovelyCushionedHeader »
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8486 on: May 12, 2024, 09:44:15 pm »
I think they will win the league. Spurs i think may beat or draw with City.

Offline BigCDump

• Legacy Fan
  • Let's Klopp Til' We Drop
« Reply #8487 on: May 12, 2024, 09:44:58 pm »
You were asking how does it feel to finish third compared to last seasons second place after the city game. Not sure which part of that is I told you so.

Well remembered. Would have been on target for that too had Klopp not decided to muck up the season with a mid season resignation announcement and players downing tools.

Nevertheless, the I told you so is for that Arsenal v City fixture which I was very clear about at the time. Many, many posts to look up if you need. However, I am half hoping to jinx myself.
Nineteen Six. Believe it now, baby!

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #8488 on: May 12, 2024, 10:17:25 pm »

A lot of people saying this. Have you seen Spurs recently? We are in a bad form went 4 up pretty easily. I know they have a more than decent record against City but City seem to be winning games in cruise control at the moment. Maybe a bit of Ange chaos will fuck them up but can’t see it at the moment.

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8489 on: May 12, 2024, 10:17:29 pm »

Hopefully not. It would be fucking typical for those cheating c*nts to slip up in the run-in when not up against us and to let a team win it on sub-90 points.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #8490 on: May 12, 2024, 10:33:03 pm »
Reverse mockers?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8491 on: May 12, 2024, 10:53:31 pm »
A lot of people saying this. Have you seen Spurs recently? We are in a bad form went 4 up pretty easily. I know they have a more than decent record against City but City seem to be winning games in cruise control at the moment. Maybe a bit of Ange chaos will fuck them up but can’t see it at the moment.

Of course they are favourites but winning away from home in this league to the top sides isnt easy and City have played the top 5 seven times and have one win. They also have conceded a lot of goals for them.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8492 on: May 12, 2024, 10:54:47 pm »
Hopefully not. It would be fucking typical for those cheating c*nts to slip up in the run-in when not up against us and to let a team win it on sub-90 points.

True, but to be fair you could argue that Spurs away is the toughest game they had in their final 2 or 3 games of the season.

Also its on 18/19 where they were ridiculous in terms of form. 21/22 they lost lots of points.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #8493 on: May 12, 2024, 10:59:08 pm »
It would be nice to see Son play the game of his life and beat the cheats.
#JFT97

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #8494 on: May 12, 2024, 10:59:55 pm »
Of course they are favourites but winning away from home in this league to the top sides isnt easy and City have played the top 5 seven times and have one win. They also have conceded a lot of goals for them.

I know. Just think City at this stage of the season are a different beast to when they went to Arsenal or Newcastle in the Autumn.Not a groundbreaking opinion I know!

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8495 on: May 12, 2024, 11:02:06 pm »
I know. Just think City at this stage of the season are a different beast to when they went to Arsenal or Newcastle in the Autumn.Not a groundbreaking opinion I know!

Yeah but they had Arsenal not too long ago and couldnt beat them and played us and should have lost. Dunno, they are just that little bit off their best and I think Spurs could trouble them.

Spurs are a bit unorthodox and that is something City can struggle with.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8496 on: May 12, 2024, 11:41:03 pm »
Even if City draw at Spurs I would take them score whatever is needed on the final day.  Arsenal really need a Spurs win.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline BigBrainArteta

• Main Stander
« Reply #8497 on: May 12, 2024, 11:45:47 pm »
Yeah but they had Arsenal not too long ago and couldnt beat them and played us and should have lost. Dunno, they are just that little bit off their best and I think Spurs could trouble them.

Spurs are a bit unorthodox and that is something City can struggle with.

Thats true. Spurs have a crack under Ange. Even when we were 3-0 up at half time I couldnt relax because they would attack us.

As for the concept of 'having to play for something'. I always think it cuts both ways. A team with nothing to play for can be more dangerous than a team with everything to play for.

I remember the Arsenal teams in the later stages of the Wenger era. When we needed a must win result to go top of the league, or draw closer to get into the league fight, we had a habit of melting. And following the bad result and goes with it the opportunity to compete for the league, the next week we are harlem globetrotters and are up 3-0 in the first 20 minutes with every pass hitting its mark.

Surely the football gods will do something here

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8498 on: May 12, 2024, 11:50:04 pm »
Fair play, I didn't think they could put in a run like we and City have over the last few title races but they've been a machine since they beat us. The league is done, the Crystal Palace loss will come back to haunt them and ultimately they'll feel the pain we have twice before. Another title on the final day for the cheats. On the plus side for Arsenal, Guardiola will leave soon-ish and there will naturally be a blip that they can exploit.

On a side note, it irks me that the brilliance of other clubs has given City fans 4 titles won on the final day of the season. Absolutely wasted on them.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8499 on: May 12, 2024, 11:50:52 pm »
Thats true. Spurs have a crack under Ange. Even when we were 3-0 up at half time I couldnt relax because they would attack us.

As for the concept of 'having to play for something'. I always think it cuts both ways. A team with nothing to play for can be more dangerous than a team with everything to play for.

I remember the Arsenal teams in the later stages of the Wenger era. When we needed a must win result to go top of the league, or draw closer to get into the league fight, we had a habit of melting. And following the bad result and goes with it the opportunity to compete for the league, the next week we are harlem globetrotters and are up 3-0 in the first 20 minutes with every pass hitting its mark.

Surely the football gods will do something here
The football gods have shone on you all season and you're still 2nd.

Offline BigBrainArteta

• Main Stander
« Reply #8500 on: May 12, 2024, 11:54:54 pm »
No matter what happens. Arteta should be issued a 3-year contract extension at seasons end to take it to 2028. His current deal expires at the end of 2025.

People go on about the managerial market being thin. And ive always said, if we were ever stupid enough to sack Arteta for a 'proper manager' who has 'won sumthin', then we would be out in the cold and Arteta would be available for Chelsea of Man United to snap up. Which if happened, they would be ahead of us in the league inside 2 years.

Some of our fans are very entitled with very short memories.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #8501 on: May 13, 2024, 12:43:04 am »
Fair play to Arsenal, they have been excellent all season and deserve something. What they have done is the way things should be done and credit to them.
That said, top of the league with one week to go, a home banker to come and their main rivals away to 5th place.......and still minimal chance of winning the league.

That's what it feels like to be up against those cheating bastards.

aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #8502 on: May 13, 2024, 12:44:49 am »
Even if City draw at Spurs I would take them score whatever is needed on the final day.  Arsenal really need a Spurs win.
That would actually, for the neutral, be the most enjoyable finale albeit I'd still take City to catch up those 3 goals.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8503 on: May 13, 2024, 02:50:34 am »
True, but to be fair you could argue that Spurs away is the toughest game they had in their final 2 or 3 games of the season.

Also its on 18/19 where they were ridiculous in terms of form. 21/22 they lost lots of points.

Its not happening city will cruise to the title unfortunately. If we do win it wed have really deserved it, 16-1-1 for the second half of the season, cant do much more. The city machine ramps up now though, I think Pep conditions his robots to hit full gear when everyone else is running on fumes. It helps having deep quality in the squad who regularly rotate.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8504 on: May 13, 2024, 02:53:54 am »
Fair play, I didn't think they could put in a run like we and City have over the last few title races but they've been a machine since they beat us. The league is done, the Crystal Palace loss will come back to haunt them and ultimately they'll feel the pain we have twice before. Another title on the final day for the cheats. On the plus side for Arsenal, Guardiola will leave soon-ish and there will naturally be a blip that they can exploit.

On a side note, it irks me that the brilliance of other clubs has given City fans 4 titles won on the final day of the season. Absolutely wasted on them.

Villa

It was the day you lost to Palace, and ultimately cost us both the title.

Hope Pep fucks off sharpish. Any chance this summer, maybe one of his players misplaces a pass and he decides he cant live with that and takes a 10 year break.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8505 on: May 13, 2024, 02:58:33 am »
No matter what happens. Arteta should be issued a 3-year contract extension at seasons end to take it to 2028. His current deal expires at the end of 2025.

People go on about the managerial market being thin. And ive always said, if we were ever stupid enough to sack Arteta for a 'proper manager' who has 'won sumthin', then we would be out in the cold and Arteta would be available for Chelsea of Man United to snap up. Which if happened, they would be ahead of us in the league inside 2 years.

Some of our fans are very entitled with very short memories.

We didn’t sack Arteta when we were bottom of the league, its not happening now. The board have done well and deserve a lot more credit than some of the fan base. Now we need a big summer to take that final step and build more so we have a team capable of getting 90+ points every season, which is what Arteta always said wed need to win the league.

Offline kj999

• 180 + 90 = ...............er..............hang on................ oh yeah 180........ :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Maths Mug!
« Reply #8506 on: May 13, 2024, 05:41:34 am »
I hope Arsenal win the title. I can't really understand any Red who says otherwise.

They've done things the right way, not cheated, and deserve something for being a good side the past 2 seasons. Fair play to them.

Anyone saying otherwise is just being bitter.
Clarity of Thought before Rashness of Action...

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #8507 on: May 13, 2024, 06:30:12 am »
I hope Arsenal win the title. I can't really understand any Red who says otherwise.

They've done things the right way, not cheated, and deserve something for being a good side the past 2 seasons. Fair play to them.

You are Arteta and I claim my £10

Offline 6BigCups

• RAWK Journeyman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8508 on: May 13, 2024, 06:53:38 am »

They’re the worst team in the league for on-field cheating.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #8509 on: May 13, 2024, 07:07:46 am »
GD is irrelevant.

If City beat Spurs on Tuesday, they are winning it 100%.
If they don't,  Arsenal will win it.

GD isn't irrelevant. If City were to draw on the final City would have to three plus whatever Arsenal scores.
Arsenal play Everton
CIty play West Ham

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #8510 on: May 13, 2024, 07:09:40 am »
GD isn't irrelevant. If City were to draw on the final City would have to three plus whatever Arsenal scores.
Arsenal play Everton
CIty play West Ham
Dyche would love to be relevant in the final outcome but the only relevance he’ll have is Arsenal plundering their own goal difference further still.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #8511 on: May 13, 2024, 07:09:51 am »

Or the cleverest. Maybe we should play for pens.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #8512 on: May 13, 2024, 07:26:31 am »
Exactly. Good luck to them if they’ve squeezed a few extra points out via the dark arts. They are, after all, up against the ultimate cheats.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8513 on: May 13, 2024, 07:29:11 am »

Yes they act like absolute shithouses but 1115's cheating is in another galaxy and their owners are legit
 evil beyond words. Im actually embarrassed the amount of reds wanting 115 to win it over Arsenal.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8514 on: May 13, 2024, 07:41:08 am »

They've been great, but they do cheat on the pitch. Constant dives, feigning injuries (including head injuries) to break up play, mid-game coaching sessions when the "injured" player is on the ground, Arteta always on the touchline not the technical area, timewasting, etc. All those things are against the rules but it's not being enforced by the refs properly.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8515 on: May 13, 2024, 07:46:35 am »
I'm really glad Arsenal won today. Firstly cos it was against the dirty mancs. -4 goal difference.  :lmao

But mainly because I'm waiting for the big told you so from my earlier posts post the City game. Arsenal will lose the league by exactly the number of points they should have taken off a largely injured City at the time.

Are we still going with this basic argument Arsenal got a draw at City playing cautiously therefore iwe attacked more = winning the game?

Worked for Jota.  ;)

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #8516 on: May 13, 2024, 08:18:33 am »
Nightmare for Spurs fans knowing if they beat them it hands the title to the Arse.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #8517 on: May 13, 2024, 08:19:12 am »
Are we still going with this basic argument Arsenal got a draw at City playing cautiously therefore iwe attacked more = winning the game?

Worked for Jota.  ;)

No one sane is saying you should have just won like it’s the easiest thing in the world to do. Bit of the season ends with you 2 behind City can you honestly say you wi t look back wishing you’d at least shown some ambition to try and win the game? Or (and I guess it’s fair) woukd you look at those dropped points at home to lesser sides as being more crucial?

As for Jota - I posted after that recent Havertz pen and no one replied. Fairly sure Jota was clipped by the keeper rather than engineering contact himself. So different incidents. Then again look at the grief we got for getting a drop ball. I see Tierney did that again randomly yesterday by the way. But no uproar because United were too shit to take advantage.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8518 on: May 13, 2024, 09:01:38 am »
No one sane is saying you should have just won like it’s the easiest thing in the world to do. Bit of the season ends with you 2 behind City can you honestly say you wi t look back wishing you’d at least shown some ambition to try and win the game? Or (and I guess it’s fair) woukd you look at those dropped points at home to lesser sides as being more crucial?

As for Jota - I posted after that recent Havertz pen and no one replied. Fairly sure Jota was clipped by the keeper rather than engineering contact himself. So different incidents. Then again look at the grief we got for getting a drop ball. I see Tierney did that again randomly yesterday by the way. But no uproar because United were too shit to take advantage.

draw away at city is a point gained, draw at home to fulham (even away at Chelsea ) are points dropped. Weird that this needs explaining.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #8519 on: May 13, 2024, 09:09:29 am »
Didn’t see the game but watching the fans celebrate, I hope city see them off even more!!

Our fans have been through this too many seasons that if we were in the same position, we’d be far less excited and realistic about the situation.

Fair play to them and they’ve had a great season but hoping the inevitable happens to put more pressure on the people making the decisions over the city charges.