Author Topic: Europa League 2023/2024  (Read 60629 times)

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Europa League 2023/2024
« Reply #280 on: September 5, 2023, 12:57:05 pm »
Why would I be devastated? (what a weird thing to say) If the club started to do what others always do then I'd be ecstatic.

I am sure you will still find fault.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #281 on: September 5, 2023, 01:01:55 pm »
I am sure you will still find fault.
The list of cock ups with our TO is long to say the least, if they started to get sorted out then why on earth would I have any reason to find fault? its what I've wanted for years, I'm not alone with that thought either.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #282 on: September 5, 2023, 01:04:02 pm »
The list of cock ups with our TO is long to say the least, if they started to get sorted out then why on earth would I have any reason to find fault? its what I've wanted for years, I'm not alone with that thought either.

OK mate.

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: September 5, 2023, 01:05:55 pm »

Spot on mate. Transparency, and quicker release of details is all that any fan wants

Years and years of hanging around waiting for details has been a total pain. Virtually every other club has details out far quicker than we ever have

If they move to that then we'll all be really, really happy

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #284 on: September 5, 2023, 01:10:31 pm »
They are just waiting on LASK for the final details, it will either be announced today or tomorrow AM.

That’s fair enough, but I wonder why all other clubs usually announce euro away allocations up to a few months in advance compared to ours? Think it was United that had all allocations one year a few days after the draw?
Surly it’s not a coincidence and it’s always the excuse of waiting for details..

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #285 on: September 5, 2023, 01:12:13 pm »
They are the complete opposite to ours. I remember a few years ago when they released precisely how many people are on each credit so as soon as they knew what the allocation would be (usually within a day or 2 of the draw), they would let their supporters know...great if you are not sure if you'll qualify or not so are holding back from booking travel.

Yeah having that realised after STH/members renewal every year would be very helpful information in order for people to plan ahead.

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #286 on: September 5, 2023, 01:25:32 pm »
That’s fair enough, but I wonder why all other clubs usually announce euro away allocations up to a few months in advance compared to ours? Think it was United that had all allocations one year a few days after the draw?
Surly it’s not a coincidence and it’s always the excuse of waiting for details..

We have all the allocations apparently too, just some finer details.

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #287 on: September 5, 2023, 01:28:54 pm »
Yeah having that realised after STH/members renewal every year would be very helpful information in order for people to plan ahead.

Why do you think they don't?

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #288 on: September 5, 2023, 01:45:36 pm »
They are the complete opposite to ours. I remember a few years ago when they released precisely how many people are on each credit so as soon as they knew what the allocation would be (usually within a day or 2 of the draw), they would let their supporters know...great if you are not sure if you'll qualify or not so are holding back from booking travel.

All in due course..

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #289 on: September 5, 2023, 01:55:04 pm »

Of cause they do, they get the allocations probably 1-2h after the draw.

Offline LFCagro77

• Kemlynite
« Reply #290 on: September 5, 2023, 01:55:35 pm »

anything on the distribution of the euro aways involved in these finer details mate ? hearing some ronnie rumours regarding the normal process (allocating someone else at time of purchase etc)

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #291 on: September 5, 2023, 01:57:12 pm »
Why do you think they don't?

Is it because whoever runs the TO is complete and utterly useless at the job and have no intention of helping travel fans even the slightest?

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #292 on: September 5, 2023, 02:00:10 pm »
Is it because whoever runs the TO is complete and utterly useless at the job and have no intention of helping travel fans even the slightest?

Close but no prize.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: September 5, 2023, 02:03:08 pm »
anything on the distribution of the euro aways involved in these finer details mate ? hearing some ronnie rumours regarding the normal process (allocating someone else at time of purchase etc)

No changes for this season

Offline LFCagro77

• Kemlynite
« Reply #294 on: September 5, 2023, 02:09:55 pm »
thanks

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: September 5, 2023, 02:13:12 pm »

That aint fair, need to get it all right first time rather than rush it out

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #296 on: September 5, 2023, 02:32:00 pm »
No changes for this season
Wow, so yet again they are just kicking the can down the road rather than tackling the known issue head on  ::)
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #297 on: September 5, 2023, 02:34:21 pm »
Wow, so yet again they are just kicking the can down the road rather than tackling the known issue head on  ::)

'Some' supporters really don't want change and make it very, very difficult.  The club 100% want to change things.  Take that how you want.

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #298 on: September 5, 2023, 02:34:24 pm »

I think it’s more the pace others get it right first time.

He was actually responding to the question about the reason for a lack of transparency. I suspect the actual answer is they worry full transparency would lead to increased gaming of the system. My own view would be as transparent as possible - the lack of that and delays cost people hundreds. Tackle the minority that game seriously and as a separate issue.
« Last Edit: September 5, 2023, 02:37:41 pm by Barry Banana »
Long live the King

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: September 5, 2023, 02:34:58 pm »

Probably because of the tiny allocations, enough headaches around home tickets for them at the moment

Supporters board are a bunch of turkeys who don't want to vote for christmas

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: September 5, 2023, 02:36:05 pm »
'Some' supporters really don't want change and make it very, very difficult. The club 100% want to change things.  Take that how you want.

Exactly that

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #301 on: September 5, 2023, 02:37:31 pm »
'Some' supporters really don't want change and make it very, very difficult.  The club 100% want to change things.  Take that how you want.
Oh I very much believe that. All I can say is that there must be some very powerful people that play the system and they can overrule Phil Dutton/the TO.

On a separate note, but for the same reason, no way can I see them doing full collections at Luton if the expected allocation means that not everyone on all 19 aways will be guaranteed.

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #302 on: September 5, 2023, 02:39:13 pm »
Oh I very much believe that. All I can say is that there must be some very powerful people that play the system and they can overrule Phil Dutton/the TO.

On a separate note, but for the same reason, no way can I see them doing full collections at Luton if the expected allocation means that not everyone on all 19 aways will be guaranteed.

The club as a whole don't like confrontation and some people play on that and push things out as long as possible it is not a case of overruling it is just turkeys voting for Chirtsmas as 30fiver says.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: September 5, 2023, 02:39:36 pm »
I think it’s more the pace others get it right first time.

He was actually responding to the question about the reason for a lack of transparency. I suspect the actual answer is they worry full transparency would lead to increased gaming of the system. My own view would be a transparent as possible - the lack of that and delays cost people hundreds. Tackle the minority that game seriously and as a separate issue.

The united one says 'around 3800', if LFC said we'll get around 1k for LASK everyone be like why not give us the number etc

Transparency will come, it needs to be the right level though. From a PR perspective and brand image, business revenue etc

I'd imagine most would be appalled at the number of memberships sold many won't realise how slim the chances are

Look at the ticket ballot post announcement saying 97k applications for tickets.
97k a fixture? transactions? individuals wanting 1 each? doesn't break down what that is, its partial transparency which is a step in the right direction, I'd imagine if they said 500k requests for individual seats the reaction may be different. 1 in 13... what does that mean?

13k applied for 1k tickets, 91,000 applied for 7k tickets?
There's ways of fudging the numbers to suit partial transparency, its better than none and a good improvement so far
« Last Edit: September 5, 2023, 02:42:02 pm by 30fiver »

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #304 on: September 5, 2023, 02:41:37 pm »

Yeah imagine being able to make a statement containing the correct details for something they could have planned since May, that would almost be classified as rocket science I think!

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: September 5, 2023, 02:42:26 pm »
Yeah imagine being able to make a statement containing the correct details for something they could have planned since May, that would almost be classified as rocket science I think!

What could they have planned since May?

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #306 on: September 5, 2023, 02:43:28 pm »
The club as a whole don't like confrontation and some people play on that and push things out as long as possible it is not a case of overruling it is just turkeys voting for Chirtsmas as 30fiver says.

Surely the only legitimate challenge from people who want the status quo is that people have been using the club designed process of transferring tickets for so long - people who’ve been going for years on a mates ticket will miss out. That might be a fair shout. But they could put a system in place re that: e.g. receiver gets the credit.
Long live the King

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #307 on: September 5, 2023, 02:44:57 pm »
Probably because of the tiny allocations, enough headaches around home tickets for them at the moment

Supporters board are a bunch of turkeys who don't want to vote for christmas

With smaller allocation and a less active tournament this would have be the perfect year to implement 100% collection..

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: September 5, 2023, 02:45:55 pm »
With smaller allocation and a less active tournament this would have be the perfect year to implement 100% collection..

I'd be amazed if they didn't

I hope they do

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #309 on: September 5, 2023, 02:47:29 pm »

That’s been pretty standard for a while now.

5.45 kick offs make it more painful this year. My train from Prague doesn’t get into Linz till 2. Need to check into hotel and go out of way to collect. Very little time to do anything before heading the match. Shite.
Long live the King

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: September 5, 2023, 02:47:33 pm »
Surely the only legitimate challenge from people who want the status quo is that people have been using the club designed process of transferring tickets for so long - people who’ve been going for years on a mates ticket will miss out. That might be a fair shout. But they could put a system in place re that: e.g. receiver gets the credit.

Issue is, lets say a game on 1k comes up and you transfer to someone, they get the credit. Next sale another 1k game comes, neither person would qualify

Person A no longer has the requirements for that small of an allocation, person B hasnt yet got enough history to buy either as it might be 7 of the last 7, person A now has 6 and person B has 1

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: September 5, 2023, 02:48:34 pm »
That’s been pretty standard for a while now.

5.45 kick offs make it more painful this year. My train from Prague doesn’t get into Linz till 2. Need to check into hotel and go out of way to collect. Very little time to do anything before heading the match. Shite.

Was looking at that route ourselves, looks like the jet 2 prague flight on the wednesdays sold out now tho so might have to re-think

My mate lives in budapest, 4 hour drive from there he'll probably have a press photography pass for the game so could fly there and drive in with him

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #312 on: September 5, 2023, 02:51:04 pm »
Was looking at that route ourselves, looks like the jet 2 prague flight on the wednesdays sold out now tho so might have to re-think

My mate lives in budapest, 4 hour drive from there he'll probably have a press photography pass for the game so could fly there and drive in with him

Easyjet evening flight still available. But Budapest >>>> Prague.
Long live the King

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #313 on: September 5, 2023, 02:51:30 pm »

Of course they can put something like that in place and i am told they want to but others don't want it and organise push back.  The politics are off the scale.

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #314 on: September 5, 2023, 02:52:07 pm »
What could they have planned since May?

The rocket science statement they apparently can’t get done in 72h.
Obviously they’d have no idea of what teams we will be playing, but surely they could have a statement ready and just update the team we’re playing and the allocation we’re getting??

I’m not expecting selling details 5h after the draw, just the allocation asap.
But that’s apparently much harder for our club compared to any other, that’s the issue here.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: September 5, 2023, 02:52:50 pm »
Of course they can put something like that in place and i am told they want to but others don't want it and organise push back.  The politics are off the scale.

Maybe giving the holder the option to transfer at point of purchase is a good middle ground for the time being?

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #316 on: September 5, 2023, 02:54:41 pm »
Obviously they’d have no idea of what teams we will be playing, but surely they could have a statement ready and just update the team we’re playing and the allocation we’re getting??

But that’s apparently much harder for our club compared to any other, that’s the issue here.

They haven't got the allocations yet though so how can they publish something they havent got?

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: September 5, 2023, 02:55:26 pm »

Contractual allocations change every year

There's usually a bit of a fight over tickets between the clubs, LASK might say right 900 because of policing concerns, club go back argue the case we should get the full allocation etc, negotiate and agree a middle ground etc

I'd rather wait and know its right than get nothing, however would be nice for a twitter post with the info @sonofkenny posted saying expected to be out by tomorrow AM

We should be able to see what Toulouse get at UG soon too to figure out what we'll roughly get

Offline Rodneyhide

• Main Stander
« Reply #318 on: September 5, 2023, 02:55:56 pm »
Transferring credits wouldn't work and would/could bypass those lower down on ladder ultimately.
The only logical way is for the member to go to game. Otherwise you can't purchase.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: September 5, 2023, 02:57:11 pm »
Transferring credits wouldn't work and would/could bypass those lower down on ladder ultimately.
The only logical way is for the member to go to game. Otherwise you can't purchase.

Everyone has different opinions on the politics of it thats the problem