Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted) - No Mbappé  (Read 3207697 times)

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted) - No Mbappé
« Reply #80280 on: May 10, 2024, 09:19:51 pm »
Quite clearly has been using 4-2-3-1 and will probably continue with what works for him. Some people are taking this Klopp continuity too seriously. He's his own manager and will play very differently with the ball.

Also, Szobo will benefit the most and personally willing to bet he is in our top 2 best players next year if he plays LW or CAM.

Even so it won't be a rigid 4231, Klopp also used 4231 before coming to LFC. They key is to get the best out of your players, we have a world class player in Mac and TAA and by having two good midfielders who can defend very well we can give Mac and TAA freedom.

Offline PaleBlueDot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #80281 on: May 10, 2024, 10:17:38 pm »
Even so it won't be a rigid 4231, Klopp also used 4231 before coming to LFC. They key is to get the best out of your players, we have a world class player in Mac and TAA and by having two good midfielders who can defend very well we can give Mac and TAA freedom.

Agreed, it won't be rigid. The formation will be quite fluid but there is a common theme of two midfielders with one ahead playing with the CF (more to do with defensive solidity down the middle which is responsible for very low xG against). It won't be a lone DM with two CMs roaming in front.

The inverting is still a thing so Trent will still have more involvement. The buildup is also more through the middle and not direct over the top. Better for players like Mac.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #80282 on: May 10, 2024, 11:18:40 pm »
@FabrizioRomano
 Xavi Simons and PSG will decide future before the Euros — but PSG don’t want to sell Xavi this summer.

Also, RB Leipzig can’t afford permanent move.

Loan move, most likely option — Barça are pushing, Leipzig and PL clubs keen.

Xavi will have a say in the loan decision.
Everyone's favourite knobhead with some interesting Xavi Simons transfer news.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80283 on: May 11, 2024, 12:10:23 am »
Apart from Thiago, Matip and Adrian, who are out of contract this summer, I can't see anyone leaving before Slot has the chance to asses them in pre-season. Especially not the younger players ...

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80284 on: May 11, 2024, 12:15:00 am »
Apart from Thiago, Matip and Adrian, who are out of contract this summer, I can't see anyone leaving before Slot has the chance to asses them in pre-season. Especially not the younger players ...

Maybe one or two of the loanees?

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80285 on: May 11, 2024, 12:20:04 am »
Maybe one or two of the loanees?

I expect that everyone will be with the team during the pre-season. Slot will want to assess every player in training and in the pre-season games. Then, we can expect some departures in August ...

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80286 on: May 11, 2024, 12:21:55 am »
If we keep Diaz (and all the rest of our forward options) I'd possibly lean towards not buying anyone else, as long as Doak is recovered. If, conversely, he wants to leave then fair enough, as long as we get a good replacement. Same with Nunez, or any of the forward options really.

I'm probably in the minority, but I'm pretty sound with our current squad, though Matip will need replacing, maybe a better DM. Wouldn't be against any shiny new attackers either mind, I just don't see them as a pressing need currently.
Maybe you are, but I'm more or less in exactly the same place, across the board.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #80287 on: May 11, 2024, 12:31:01 am »
Phillips and Williams would be out for sure if they find clubs. Maybe a few others that don’t have a direct path to the first team.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #80288 on: May 11, 2024, 08:14:34 am »
I expect that everyone will be with the team during the pre-season. Slot will want to assess every player in training and in the pre-season games. Then, we can expect some departures in August ...

I would think there will still be departures, some players will have decided to leave or offers will be on the table. Slot will not be all powerful in this new set-up either.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80289 on: May 11, 2024, 08:36:55 am »

I guess if we have a few klopp/Linders signings we might be open to offers, I don’t think there’s a need for a major overhaul but then again, the difference a genuine world class player can make to the side compared to a good one is not to be underestimated, we do have a few players we could upgrade on

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80290 on: May 11, 2024, 09:59:09 am »
Phillips and Williams would be out for sure if they find clubs. Maybe a few others that don’t have a direct path to the first team.

Phillips will likely see out his contract (2025) unless he wants to take a massive pay-cut elsewhere.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline DiggerJohn

• Kopite
  • Up the Scouser Republic
« Reply #80291 on: May 11, 2024, 11:19:49 am »
That's a tough situation I'm sure Phillips as a footballer wants to play. But he's not at the top of the table so the income is an important issue for himself and his family.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #80292 on: May 11, 2024, 01:17:56 pm »

I think some people will want to know where they stand in the pecking order and then force moves if they don't like what Slot tells them.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80293 on: May 11, 2024, 01:19:03 pm »
I think some people will want to know where they stand in the pecking order and then force moves if they don't like what Slot tells them.

In these envelopes, are three names...
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #80294 on: May 11, 2024, 03:29:42 pm »
Do Olise or there has to be sackings

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80295 on: May 11, 2024, 03:30:20 pm »

Do him? 😬

Online Garlic Red

• Kopite
  • Pop n crisp
« Reply #80296 on: May 11, 2024, 03:34:44 pm »

I’m not sure. I’m fairly certain if a player has asked to leave we’ll have told them to find a buyer and this is around the price we want. Anyone in that situation could leave regardless of whether Slot wants them or not. There’s obviously been ongoing talk of Diaz/Salah and more recent talk of Gomez and now Darwin potentially looking to leave. I don’t tend to worry about the rumours and would be happy if all stayed as they’re top players who will be difficult to replace for varying reasons. I wouldn’t be shocked if there are a few exits though, it would only be normal if a few players wanted a change or felt like the timing was right with Klopp going.

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #80297 on: May 11, 2024, 04:32:09 pm »

Priority for us in summer.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #80298 on: May 11, 2024, 04:50:34 pm »
Priority for us in summer.

Yep hopefully, seems perfect, age, price, delivering in this league already etc, should be ours if City don't go for him.

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #80299 on: May 11, 2024, 04:53:55 pm »
Yep hopefully, seems perfect, age, price, delivering in this league already etc, should be ours if City don't go for him.

Linked to Utd the most, be interesting if their new overloads hand out sancho style contracts from the off or if they’ve actually learned anything.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80300 on: May 11, 2024, 04:54:32 pm »
Few rumblings about our enquiry into Mohamed Amoura from Union Saint-Gilloise.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #80301 on: May 11, 2024, 04:55:46 pm »
If we got Olise where would he play though? The 10 position or one of the wings? Doesn't seem to have top end pace and I would still be worried about his injury issues. I'd love Neto but he is an even worse sick note.

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80302 on: May 11, 2024, 04:59:09 pm »
Few rumblings about our enquiry into Mohamed Amoura from Union Saint-Gilloise.

Doesn't seem like our usual type of signing, probably bullshit

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80303 on: May 11, 2024, 05:04:04 pm »
That's why we're not "monitoring" mate. It's a level below.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80304 on: May 11, 2024, 05:06:05 pm »
Sign Olise and Eze.

Offline Bennett

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #80305 on: May 11, 2024, 05:06:44 pm »
Olise at 22 and with a buyout clause is looking like a no-brainer.

If we got Olise where would he play though? The 10 position or one of the wings? Doesn't seem to have top end pace and I would still be worried about his injury issues. I'd love Neto but he is an even worse sick note.

Salah looks primed to move into a more central position when you dig into his stats.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2024, 05:09:24 pm by Bennett »

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80306 on: May 11, 2024, 05:14:00 pm »
Doesn't seem like our usual type of signing, probably bullshit

Not too dissimilar to signing Minamino.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online Garlic Red

• Kopite
  • Pop n crisp
« Reply #80307 on: May 11, 2024, 05:39:02 pm »
I’d be surprised if we’d go toe to toe with United for a player unless the player has said he definitely wants us over them. I don’t know much about Olise, but I do know United will have no qualms in offering him £300k a week to stop him from joining a rival and that’s probably double what we’d offer as a basic weekly salary. So it would really depend on Olise, does he want to leave London? Does he want to maximise his earnings potential or does he want to play for a club with their shit together, with a proven track record of allowing offensive players to flourish and are in the Champions League? Hopefully it’s the latter but I’d be amazed if we got into a bidding war with contracts with a club as reckless as United.

As for the relative unknowns like the USG player, I think the club will always be interested if we rate a player and they’re undervalued. I thought we might give the ‘sixth forward’ role to Doak/Gordon/Danns and let them slug it out, but maybe they go out on loan next year to get regular top level football under their belts?

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #80308 on: May 11, 2024, 05:54:34 pm »
I really hope we are eyeing this Francisco Conceicao. No murmurs yet, but he looks like a big talent.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80309 on: May 11, 2024, 06:06:37 pm »
Amoura i think is someone worth a risk rather than say Summerville
https://fbref.com/en/players/6597f8b6/Mohamed-El-Amine-Amoura

insane.
If we sell a forward i think it would be Diaz & replace him with Amoura

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80310 on: May 11, 2024, 06:08:45 pm »
Amoura i think is someone worth a risk rather than say Summerville
https://fbref.com/en/players/6597f8b6/Mohamed-El-Amine-Amoura

insane.
If we sell a forward i think it would be Diaz & replace him with Amoura

That would be ridiculous, the guy is 25 playing in France. We need to be upgrading our players, not downgrading.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80311 on: May 11, 2024, 06:12:23 pm »
That would be ridiculous, the guy is 25 playing in France. We need to be upgrading our players, not downgrading.
i would like to keep Diaz but we are clearly going very data driven think we may sell Diaz. I hope we dont

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80312 on: May 11, 2024, 06:14:20 pm »
Big summer

Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea and City will all spend big yet again
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #80313 on: May 11, 2024, 06:15:00 pm »
i would like to keep Diaz but we are clearly going very data driven think we may sell Diaz. I hope we dont

I dont mind us selling Diaz but we need to improve the players, not downgrade them. Id want someone like the guy from Napoli or Musiala, someone of that level.

Online Garlic Red

• Kopite
  • Pop n crisp
« Reply #80314 on: May 11, 2024, 06:21:44 pm »

He’s not even playing in France, he’s playing in Belgium.

I wouldn’t be opposed to a move if the club rate him, but he shouldn’t be seen as a replacement for any of our players, more of a compliment/bench option. Going from Belgium to the top end of the PL is a huge leap for any player, the fee should reflect that, but his place in our squad should, too.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80315 on: May 11, 2024, 06:23:15 pm »
We should be going for players that are lower risk because we already have enough kids that we're developing. We're not a kindergarten, we want to win too.

Offline DiggerJohn

• Kopite
  • Up the Scouser Republic
« Reply #80316 on: May 11, 2024, 06:37:24 pm »

I was a bit disappointed with Diaz earlier in the season hes no Mane. But the last month he was by far our best forward so would like to keep him too. Now if he wants to leave to Barcelona or psg for £60m he can fuck off.

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #80317 on: May 11, 2024, 06:55:35 pm »
If either of them come for Diaz, especially PSG, we should be getting more than £60m.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #80318 on: May 11, 2024, 06:57:42 pm »
If we ultimately move for a forward, it shouldn’t be for depth. We saw limitations with our attack in the second half of the season, so we need to target someone who’s an upgrade.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #80319 on: May 11, 2024, 07:12:17 pm »
I’m not sure. I’m fairly certain if a player has asked to leave we’ll have told them to find a buyer and this is around the price we want. Anyone in that situation could leave regardless of whether Slot wants them or not. There’s obviously been ongoing talk of Diaz/Salah and more recent talk of Gomez and now Darwin potentially looking to leave. I don’t tend to worry about the rumours and would be happy if all stayed as they’re top players who will be difficult to replace for varying reasons. I wouldn’t be shocked if there are a few exits though, it would only be normal if a few players wanted a change or felt like the timing was right with Klopp going.

Why would a player ask to leave, unless he is told that he is not in Slot's plans? And why would Slot dismiss any player, before he has the chance to see him in pre-season? It doesn't make sense ...