Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted)  (Read 3248335 times)

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted) - No Mbappé
« Reply #80400 on: May 12, 2024, 10:38:33 pm »
Would be mental to sign Matip up to another deal no matter what it is. Has there been reports that this will happen?

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #80401 on: May 12, 2024, 10:41:23 pm »
Ibrahim Sannie Daara
@SannieDaara
5:35 pm · 12 May 2024

EXCL: English giants Liverpool are set to trigger £85million release clause for Mohammed Kudus to capture the Ghana superstar from West Ham United. 🇬🇭 🚨🔴

The Reds activated contacts today to help them in completing the deal before agreeing personal terms.

Liverpool want Kudus to bolster their squad as in-coming Dutch coach Arne Slot is a huge fan of the former Ajax player.

The coming days will be crucial if the deal is to be completed.

Understand Man City, Arsenal, Real Madrid & PSG have all made  preliminary enquiries about Kudus.

#Liverpool #MohammedKudus #Kudus #ManCity #Arsenal #PSG #RealMadrid #WestHam
Samie you slacker.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80402 on: May 12, 2024, 10:55:58 pm »
Yeah that sounds like a load of shite.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80403 on: May 12, 2024, 10:57:19 pm »
That man is soo down the shithole he ain't even on my radar.   ;D

Secondly, Kudus release clasue becomes active in summer 2025.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #80404 on: May 12, 2024, 11:44:47 pm »
Samie you slacker.
I’ve heard nothing on this from Sega and Amadou

They are west African Paul Joyce
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

« Reply #80405 on: May 12, 2024, 11:52:59 pm »
Let's think about this a bit. Naturally, you want to have two players for each position, which should be enough. Currently, in CB, we have four players: Van Dijk, Konate, Gomez, and Quansah. However, there is a consensus that we need a fifth because of questions about Konate's fitness and whether Gomez still has what it takes to play CB. If we were to upgrade Konate, it would still feel like we are short because Gomez hasn't performed well in CB for a while now. Thus, he would likely be the one to lose his place if a new CB is signed.

This raises the question of whether this is the best time to cash in on Gomez and sign a CB/LB, given the emergence of Quansah and Bradley, who cover the RB and CB areas that Gomez used to. Gomez's stock will be very high after this season, and there are bound to be many Premier League clubs willing to pay top dollar for an English international.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #80406 on: May 13, 2024, 12:01:14 am »
Samie you slacker.

If this is true, we have a big player leaving....
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80407 on: May 13, 2024, 12:29:43 am »
The Matip shouts are a good one, if he can prove his fitness. Cost nothing, and he is still top class. His reading of the game and distribution are elite.

It would mean 4 CB, so more dough to go on a DM and fowards.

We are not going to offer Matip a new deal, with Van Dijk, Konate, Gomez, Quansah and Van den Berg already on the squad ...

Offline KC7

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #80408 on: May 13, 2024, 02:17:45 am »
We are not going to offer Matip a new deal, with Van Dijk, Konate, Gomez, Quansah and Van den Berg already on the squad ...

For some reason I forgot we already have four CB (excluding Matip), so yes we look fine there especially as you say with Van den Berg back in.

The CBs were excellent for most of the season, with one or two blips apiece for Virgil and Quansah. The latter will definitely learn from that.

The focus has to be on an athletic DM. An elite one, or even a bloody good one, makes the job of the back four so much easier, likewise the 8s who would have more freedom to attack.

Apart from renewing contacts (ideally all three in Trent, Virgil and Mo) I don't see any other outstanding needs in the side. Possibly a backup left back; although Tsimikas can be really good at times, the problem is when he is bad he's shocking. Of course the new man will have his ideas and may see a player he likes in a position that may seem fine in terms of depth.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #80409 on: May 13, 2024, 05:37:38 am »
Kudos over Ollise? If we do that it will be because of Olise's injury record.

Offline Lubeh

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #80410 on: May 13, 2024, 05:41:09 am »
Surely the rumours of Antony Gordon (Newcastle) coming back, he was at Liverpool till he was 11 and is apparently a red and we released him. would be a hell of alot of money for him. I doubt it myself, also £85m for Kudos seems alot not sure I would prefer him over Olise but we shall see.

(Daily Express and Echo)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2024, 05:47:26 am by Lubeh »

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #80411 on: May 13, 2024, 05:43:14 am »
I think Olise is a special talent and I think that talent scales up if he goes to a big club.

Offline Lubeh

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #80412 on: May 13, 2024, 05:51:11 am »
I think Olise is a special talent and I think that talent scales up if he goes to a big club.

Definitely and for the same (roughly) as Kudos, personally Olise I feel suits us better, but if true would mean someone big is leaving whether thats Salah/Nunez or Diaz or two of them.

For DM a good player Fofana would be a good price alledgelt £25m which is pretty much where our sweet spot is.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2024, 05:53:33 am by Lubeh »

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #80413 on: May 13, 2024, 06:42:29 am »
Kudus or Olise?

Xabi or Amorim?

it will be neither.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #80414 on: May 13, 2024, 07:03:15 am »
Kudus or Olise?

Xabi or Amorim?

it will be neither.

More than likely. Whoever gets Olise is getting an excellent player. His technique is unreal and he is young so he'll get even better.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80415 on: May 13, 2024, 07:44:59 am »
Samie you slacker.

Hughes et al don't start until June, so I doubt this is true.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #80416 on: May 13, 2024, 08:21:45 am »
Would be mental to sign Matip up to another deal no matter what it is. Has there been reports that this will happen?

Can’t se it happening, maybe a pay as you play or a one year rolling contract  ….. so more not happening

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80417 on: May 13, 2024, 08:38:30 am »
Williams is on 200 grand a week. He's Barcelona's first choice but that's why it wouldn't be surprising if they went for Diaz.

Like I said, if they sell Raphinha and/or don't renew Lewandowski's contract,  they should have some cash to spend.

Big jump in his wages from £35k last season and only have a £43/47m buy out clause

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #80418 on: May 13, 2024, 08:41:57 am »
Williams is on 200 grand a week. He's Barcelona's first choice but that's why it wouldn't be surprising if they went for Diaz.

Like I said, if they sell Raphinha and/or don't renew Lewandowski's contract,  they should have some cash to spend.
Actually, Olise is better than Nico Williams in a few stats. In fact, getting Xavi Simons and Michael Olise will cover all the essentials required.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #80419 on: May 13, 2024, 08:50:47 am »

Surely a non-starter. Would basically be the club saying we don't want to spend money on another defender.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #80420 on: May 13, 2024, 09:02:04 am »
Surely the rumours of Antony Gordon (Newcastle) coming back, he was at Liverpool till he was 11 and is apparently a red and we released him. would be a hell of alot of money for him. I doubt it myself, also £85m for Kudos seems alot not sure I would prefer him over Olise but we shall see.

(Daily Express and Echo)
This is when you know there’s no real links to anyone so they’re really struggling to make stuff up

Anthony fuckin Gordon honestly? 100m, yeah right
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #80421 on: May 13, 2024, 09:08:30 am »

We're not waiting till June to start working on deals.

Online Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #80422 on: May 13, 2024, 09:09:40 am »

(Daily Express and Echo)

I don't think there's anything in Gordon's game that suggests that we'd go for him.
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80423 on: May 13, 2024, 09:12:37 am »

I’d say There all ready in full transfer mode

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #80424 on: May 13, 2024, 09:25:44 am »

AFCON versus potential England call up.

And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80425 on: May 13, 2024, 09:28:43 am »
AFCON versus potential England call up.

Olise represents France.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #80426 on: May 13, 2024, 09:45:55 am »
Olise represents France.

Only @ U21. Can still switch to Algeria, England or Nigeria.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #80427 on: May 13, 2024, 09:52:36 am »

I don't necessarily disagree with your conclusion, I just think from a data point of view you don't want to be spending 100m pounds + on a young player who has only really done it over 20 games - that's such a small sample size for such a huge outlay.  I say 100m + because I could see him being the bidding war of the summer.

Let's not forget that Mateta also improved his output by many multiples during the same period, but I doubt anyone considers him good enough for a top side.

The question has to be how much is down to a "new manager bounce" effect?  Afterall, Rashford put up some insane numbers under ETH in his first season. 

10 goals in 18 games is almost too good to be true and I just wonder if at a bigger club where he is forced to contend with sides playing a low block and lifting their game for Liverpool, whether he might actually regress somewhat, rather than scale up. 

I'd rather see him do it for a full season under Glasner and then pay the extra, rather than risk the unknown this summer, but given the supposed interest around him right now you probably don't get that chance.  Whichever way you slice it, just feels too risky.  By comparison when we bought Salah he'd done it for 2 full seasons at Roma. 

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #80428 on: May 13, 2024, 10:19:42 am »

Or we know Olise is lined up to go elsewhere already?

Or Olise does not want to join us?

Think there could be multiple factors why we’d go for Kudus or any other player over Olise.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2024, 10:22:54 am by Jookie »
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #80429 on: May 13, 2024, 10:22:54 am »
Michael Edwards was trending last night on Twitter for some reason so I clicked an at the very top was someone shouting like they do on there and in here ‘DONT BE BUYING ANTHONY GORDON YA SOFT BASTARD’

So I instantly fucked off then went on YouTube just now and TA DAAAAAA

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/h7Uu__HMP7I" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/h7Uu__HMP7I</a>

What’s that all aboot eh?

That Amoura from Spain looks a player though. There’s a welcome to Lfc vid of him on there that’s reet tursteh

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #80430 on: May 13, 2024, 10:28:25 am »
The midfield is interesting. They have done well but its nowhere near the power and dominance of City or Arsenal over a season. Our main in form players are Elliott and Mac Allister who are both small and you have Trent wanting to be there as well, so not full of physicality. One of Jones or Szbozslai needs to have a good season next season.

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80431 on: May 13, 2024, 10:28:49 am »
I don't necessarily disagree with your conclusion, I just think from a data point of view you don't want to be spending 100m pounds + on a young player who has only really done it over 20 games - that's such a small sample size for such a huge outlay.  I say 100m + because I could see him being the bidding war of the summer.

Let's not forget that Mateta also improved his output by many multiples during the same period, but I doubt anyone considers him good enough for a top side.

The question has to be how much is down to a "new manager bounce" effect?  Afterall, Rashford put up some insane numbers under ETH in his first season. 

10 goals in 18 games is almost too good to be true and I just wonder if at a bigger club where he is forced to contend with sides playing a low block and lifting their game for Liverpool, whether he might actually regress somewhat, rather than scale up. 

I'd rather see him do it for a full season under Glasner and then pay the extra, rather than risk the unknown this summer, but given the supposed interest around him right now you probably don't get that chance.  Whichever way you slice it, just feels too risky.  By comparison when we bought Salah he'd done it for 2 full seasons at Roma.

He has a release clause - there will be no bidding war.

His numbers have improved under the new manager but not drastically. He was also excelling under Hodgson when he was fit.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #80432 on: May 13, 2024, 10:29:08 am »
That Amoura from Spain looks a player though. There’s a welcome to Lfc vid of him on there that’s reet tursteh

Lightweight. Literally, 61kg & 5'6.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #80433 on: May 13, 2024, 10:53:33 am »
The midfield is interesting. They have done well but its nowhere near the power and dominance of City or Arsenal over a season. Our main in form players are Elliott and Mac Allister who are both small and you have Trent wanting to be there as well, so not full of physicality. One of Jones or Szbozslai needs to have a good season next season.

Yeah it's true, key area for us and interesting. Although people dispute his formations, I reckon a double pivot with Mac Allister will give Slot the best base for a refreshed team. In that case, a powerful and probably tall DM would be best alongside Macca so he can venture forward for his more natural game. I think Szoboszlai will very likely be moved further forward into his favored attacking role, either from the left or right. That does leave Elliot, and we have to see where he'd fit. Jones, Gravenberch and Bajectic too.

The priority to improve though is to stop counters leading to goals; this is the main difference between us and City + Arsenal, they don't tend to give cheap goals away.

With all our attacking midfielders, arguably 4-2-3-1 gets more of them on the pitch.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Jayo10

• Kopite
« Reply #80434 on: May 13, 2024, 11:01:32 am »
Can Archie Gray play as a DM?

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80435 on: May 13, 2024, 11:17:02 am »
That's really low.

I saw a story in Sport the other day that Barcelona want to sell Raphinha and get someone that's more decisive in 1v1s (Diaz?). They might also free up a lot of cash by letting Lewandowski go.

Him going there isn't far fetched.

2.5M a year for afootballer is a lot of money. I know that every wants more. 

League
Average annual salary
Top five highest earners (in order) in 2023

Saudi Pro League
€5.8 million (£4.95 million)
Cristiano Ronaldo, Karim Benzema, Neymar, Riyad Mahrez, Sadio Mane

Premier League
€3.8 million (£3.24 million)
Kevin De Bruyne, Erling Haaland, Mohamed Salah, Casemiro, Raphael Varane

La Liga
€2.3 million (£1.96 million)
Frenkie De Jong, Robert Lewandowski, Toni Kroos, David Alaba, Luka Modric

Bundesliga
€1.9 million (£1.62 million)
Harry Kane, Manuel Neuer, Thomas Muller, Leroy Sane, Joshua Kimmich

Serie A
€1.8 million (£1.53 million)
Dusan Vlahovic, Victor Osimhen, Wojciech Szczensy, Alex Sandro, Hakan Calhanoglu

Ligue 1
€1.5 million (£1.28 million)
Kylian Mbappe, Ousmane Dembele, Lucas Hernandez, Marquinhos, Milan Skriniar                                                                                    https://www.givemesport.com/average-salary-top-european-leagues-premier-league-football-soccer/

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80436 on: May 13, 2024, 11:32:29 am »
The Matip shouts are a good one, if he can prove his fitness. Cost nothing, and he is still top class. His reading of the game and distribution are elite.

It would mean 4 CB, so more dough to go on a DM and fowards.

time to move on wrt Matip & Thiago and a few if the kids - turnover is healthy in a big club. and our defense has been porous over the years and CB's very injury prone. I think 2 CB's or 1 CB and  Left footed player that could play LB LCB of CB?

Quansah Gomez and Konate have shown to have potential but having 6 CB's is essential.. one could be a younger player like Quansah

Slot , Edwards, Hughes will start signing from next week - interested who else they bring in !

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #80437 on: May 13, 2024, 11:40:07 am »
Six centre backs is not essential   :D just a big waste of squad space and resources. What's the point in buying a young one like Quansah if there are 5 more looking for minutes as well, they'd never develop and it's just hurt either one or both of them and Quansah trying to share their minutes.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80438 on: May 13, 2024, 11:47:19 am »

Van den Berg has already said he plans to leave permanently this summer.

Online Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #80439 on: May 13, 2024, 11:59:02 am »
Van den Berg has already said he plans to leave permanently this summer.

Did he say before or after we signed Slot?
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"