Author Topic: Champions League draw  (Read 86720 times)

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Champions League draw
« Reply #1720 on: March 18, 2022, 06:49:54 pm »
So then lads

Who do we want in the final? Providing we get there

Real > Chelsea > City for me

Don't really care as long as it's not a English side.

"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline drmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1721 on: March 18, 2022, 06:59:14 pm »
So then lads

Who do we want in the final? Providing we get there

Real > Chelsea > City for me

Hopefully not Benfica, Bayern or Villarreal....

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #1722 on: March 18, 2022, 07:01:03 pm »
Got a sneaky feeling we'll meet Villareal in the semis
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline OkieRedman

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1723 on: March 18, 2022, 07:17:11 pm »
Holy shit are Real fans a special level of arrogance. "We don't play finals, we win them". It is madness. Really sick of them. Would love nothing more than to absolutely destroy them in the final. People talk about our luck. In everyone of their recent CL wins they have had generational luck.  :wanker
« Last Edit: March 18, 2022, 07:22:21 pm by OkieRedman »

Offline CentenaryBoy

• Kopite
  • JFT97
« Reply #1724 on: March 18, 2022, 07:24:55 pm »
About as good a draw as we could have hoped for. No guarantees of course, but we must be favourites against Benfica. Bayern would be tough if we both make the semis, but let's get there first. Whatever happens, I’m glad we've avoided the other English sides; I hate playing Premier League teams in Europe. If we get to the final and have to play an English side, so be it, but I’m much happier playing foreign opposition. That's the whole point of playing in Europe.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1725 on: March 18, 2022, 07:26:23 pm »
Holy shit are Real fans a special level of arrogance. "We don't play finals, we win them". It is madness. Really sick of them. Would love nothing more than to absolutely destroy them in the final. People talk about our luck. In everyone of their recent CL wins they have had generational luck.  :wanker

I'd love to get Real in the final if we got there, but can't see them knocking out City and Chelsea. Chelsea maybe if they're distracted.

Their best players are all in their mid 30s. They can coast in Spain this season and had that good win against PSG but the PL sides left in are a different proposition to that joke of a PSG side. One of the PL teams will outrun them, especially over two legs. Chelsea beat them with ease in the semi last year and City the year before.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2022, 07:34:25 pm by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline OkieRedman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1726 on: March 18, 2022, 07:32:31 pm »
I'd love to get Real in the final, but can't see them knocking out City and Chelsea. Chelsea maybe.

It does seem unlikely, but it seemed very unlikely they would get past PSG on 60 mins in the 2nd leg. They always get the rub of the green at key moments. In that PSG game it was their first goal with the clear foul in the build up.

I agree I can not see them beating City. They would need Atleti to do them a favor.

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1727 on: March 18, 2022, 07:33:37 pm »
i cant see chelsea beating real madrid 2 seasons in a row

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1728 on: March 18, 2022, 07:36:29 pm »
It does seem unlikely, but it seemed very unlikely they would get past PSG on 60 mins in the 2nd leg. They always get the rub of the green at key moments. In that PSG game it was their first goal with the clear foul in the build up.

I agree I can not see them beating City. They would need Atleti to do them a favor.

It did but PSG are serial bottlers in the CL, especially in the second half of second legs.

PSG are not a good side either. They were one of the runners up but I wouldn't have been bothered if we drew them. I think we'd have beat them comfortably (as long as we dealt with Mbappe well enough).

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
  • Off the coach, through the park.....
« Reply #1729 on: March 18, 2022, 08:07:06 pm »
In the draw today I just didn't want City or Bayern. I wasn't keen on Chelsea either, and if you'd have asked me to choose a 4th side I'd have probably chosen Real Madrid from what was left.

So, delighted. Never ever taking anything for granted, never will, never have done, but at this QF stage, I wanted to avoid those others, especially City.
officially accepted RAWK source of information

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1730 on: March 18, 2022, 09:02:19 pm »
I'm really late to the party - completely forgot about the draw - but very happy with both the quarter and potential semi-final opponents.

I don't know much about Benfica but they're third in the Portuguese league behind Porto and Sporting who we and City both tore to pieces.  AC and Inter Milan showed it's not always a great measure but it's a decent indicator.  They edged out Barca in the group stage but finished 10 points behind Bayern!

Once you get to the semi-finals of the CL you're inevitably going to draw a strong side so, if we do get there, then either Bayern or Villarreal is as good as we could hope for.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1731 on: March 18, 2022, 09:09:12 pm »
I'm really late to the party - completely forgot about the draw - but very happy with both the quarter and potential semi-final opponents.

I don't know much about Benfica but they're third in the Portuguese league behind Porto and Sporting who we and City both tore to pieces.  AC and Inter Milan showed it's not always a great measure but it's a decent indicator.  They edged out Barca in the group stage but finished 10 points behind Bayern!

Once you get to the semi-finals of the CL you're inevitably going to draw a strong side so, if we do get there, then either Bayern or Villarreal is as good as we could hope for.

I think Liverpool, City and Chelsea are the best 3 teams in Europe and we've managed to avoid the others till the final which gives us a good chance.

Bayern and Real are no mugs but I think they're a fair way behind us and City. It's not the Bayern of 19/20 or under Guardiola/Heynckes and it's not the Real of 4 CL wins in 5 years (or the Mourinho side before it). Chelsea seem to fair very well in knockout football as well, even though they haven't been great in the league under Tuchel.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1732 on: March 18, 2022, 09:16:48 pm »

Inter didn’t really trouble us. The second leg was played in a low gear by us, with Inter only scoring via a pot shot (we don’t see as many long range shots in the era of xG et al, because they’re such low probability chances. But when a team is desperate for a goal, and not getting chances any other way, they’re more likely to start peppering the goal with shots).

Although the quarters and semis are a great draw, one of City/Chelsea/Real/Atletico in the final is a bit shit. I’d much rather play Bayern in the final.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1733 on: March 18, 2022, 09:18:18 pm »
In the draw today I just didn't want City or Bayern. I wasn't keen on Chelsea either, and if you'd have asked me to choose a 4th side I'd have probably chosen Real Madrid from what was left.

So, delighted. Never ever taking anything for granted, never will, never have done, but at this QF stage, I wanted to avoid those others, especially City.

I think we’d beat City or Chelsea over two legs. Chelsea would probably try to close out the game and take it to penalties if we faced them in the final like the League Cup.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #1734 on: March 18, 2022, 09:46:42 pm »
I hope Atletico take shithousery to the next level

Nothing is more certain. Apart from Real and Barca, I can't imagine a club Simone would like to shit on more.

When was the last time Man City played a proper bunch of twats like Atletico?
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1735 on: March 18, 2022, 10:01:50 pm »
Nothing is more certain. Apart from Real and Barca, I can't imagine a club Simone would like to shit on more.

They are Playing Burnley the weekend before

Offline OkieRedman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1736 on: March 18, 2022, 10:44:25 pm »
They are Playing Burnley the weekend before

Haha. Please let it be horrible.  ;D

Offline CS111

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1737 on: March 18, 2022, 10:53:46 pm »
I think city will win at a canter against atletico. They looked bang average against a shite Utd side. Most of the time left never left their half . City will just pen them in over both legs. I see them no winning by at least 3ir 4 clear goals over the 2 legs.

Online vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #1738 on: March 18, 2022, 11:10:52 pm »
Wanted to avoid City and Chelsea at least until the final. Wasn't bothered other than that but would have preferred a home to first although it suits us better in terms of the tie.

City or Chelsea would have been easier over two legs
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1739 on: March 18, 2022, 11:14:21 pm »
I think city will win at a canter against atletico. They looked bang average against a shite Utd side. Most of the time left never left their half . City will just pen them in over both legs. I see them no winning by at least 3ir 4 clear goals over the 2 legs.
Atletico tend to do just enough. They are a real threat on the counter and can hurt City with their pace.

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #1740 on: March 18, 2022, 11:17:54 pm »

Most recent training session...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #1741 on: March 18, 2022, 11:23:48 pm »

Probably. But they're a better bus parking team than the likes of Crystal Palace and Wolves who've troubled them and Felix and Griezmann are better than they have up front too. When Atletico did come out against us in the away tie once we were 2-0 up they caused us a few problems.

To me City always look vulnerable when teams actually have a go at them (not often enough, sadly). I think as someone said earlier, there's about a 90% chance City win. But Atletico are the sort of team that can cause them problems so there's a chance.

Offline Red1976

• Main Stander
« Reply #1742 on: March 18, 2022, 11:31:24 pm »
I do not agree with many comments on here about Real Madrid. They tend to be a different beast once they get to a European cup semi final or final. I would fancy them to beat Chelsea and Man City over 2 legs.  I hope they don't win it,  as I would hate Carlo Ancelotti to overtake Paisley as winner of the most EC as manager!

The draw was nearly as good as it could have been IMO. I would have preferred to have drawn Villareal and then Man City in the semi's. IMO a slightly easier draw then Benfica and Bayern. Man City are no where near unbeatable this season as many have assumed.

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1743 on: March 18, 2022, 11:37:50 pm »
Got a sneaky feeling we'll meet Villareal in the semis

Would love to play them in the Semi on many levels.

A team and supporters we can respect but still feel we owe their (likeable) manager another walloping or two for past results.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1744 on: March 18, 2022, 11:54:56 pm »
I hope Atletico take shithousery to the next level
It’s the least that they could give to Guardiola and City. Drive him nuts and stressed him up. Get into his head
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #1745 on: March 19, 2022, 12:42:01 am »

my ideal scenario is meeting madrid in the final - of course both have to get there and there's no given at this stage, far from it but i'd love to reach the final with them as opponents

i want revenge on them
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #1746 on: March 19, 2022, 12:44:20 am »

Guardiolas head will go

It's gone .
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #1747 on: March 19, 2022, 12:55:42 am »
Usually need to play with it a bit first
:lmao
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #1748 on: March 19, 2022, 01:01:11 am »
my ideal scenario is meeting madrid in the final - of course both have to get there and there's no given at this stage, far from it but i'd love to reach the final with them as opponents

i want revenge on them

Be very nice to get to the final and give them a pasting. That Karius final was a bad night.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Online Sinyoro

• Give the ball to Bobby and he will scyoro
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1749 on: March 19, 2022, 01:22:40 am »
Simeone will see City as a fancy dan team who need a bit of roughing up. I can't see any other route to a victory for Atleti other than getting in City's faces.

It will be a bruising encounter for them, hopefully one that leads to a few dropped points in the league

Online Sinyoro

• Give the ball to Bobby and he will scyoro
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1750 on: March 19, 2022, 01:29:20 am »
Just imagine if we get through, then play Bayern and Real. Absolute European royalty from start to finish of the campaign. We’d have to offer to play Ajax just to complete the set.

AC Milan

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1751 on: March 19, 2022, 01:33:32 am »
In a way I wanted city over two legs. That would have fucked with their heads but meh, can’t complain with how it could play out.

Offline eAyeAddio

• Legacy Fan
  • The last Kremlin-esque figure in The Main Stand...
« Reply #1752 on: March 19, 2022, 02:53:12 am »
In 1981 we won the League Cup and then went on to play Bayern in the European Cup semis followed by Real Madrid in the final which was held in Paris.......

The stars are lining up ............... :-)
They laugh at me because I'm different.
I laugh at them because they are all the same.....

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1753 on: March 19, 2022, 03:02:26 am »
Really looking forward to watch the other side of the semi final.
Believer

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #1754 on: March 19, 2022, 05:23:13 am »
Great draw.

Main thing was to avoid the big guns and not play an English team in the QF or SF if we got there.
YWNA

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1755 on: March 19, 2022, 05:38:36 am »
AC Milan

Who remembers the group stages?!

Offline MrBooble

• Boys Pen
« Reply #1756 on: March 19, 2022, 06:56:08 am »
I think the most likely final is LFC vs Chelsea. I think Chelsea will edge City in the semis, they are a team more effective in cup competitions. I think they will have mental edge. It’s the League Cup final again, but this time we won’t need extra time or penalties. 8)

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1757 on: March 19, 2022, 07:03:13 am »
I do not agree with many comments on here about Real Madrid. They tend to be a different beast once they get to a European cup semi final or final. I would fancy them to beat Chelsea and Man City over 2 legs.  I hope they don't win it,  as I would hate Carlo Ancelotti to overtake Paisley as winner of the most EC as manager!

The draw was nearly as good as it could have been IMO. I would have preferred to have drawn Villareal and then Man City in the semi's. IMO a slightly easier draw then Benfica and Bayern. Man City are no where near unbeatable this season as many have assumed.

They were well beaten by Chelsea last year. They only beat us because of all our injuries, an empty Anfield and a wretched first leg performance at their training ground of all places.

They could beat Chelsea this year but CHelsea are more likely to beat City.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #1758 on: March 19, 2022, 07:34:31 am »
So we could end up playing City in both the FA Cup final, the Champions League final, and go down to the final day in the league against them as well
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1759 on: March 19, 2022, 11:07:50 am »
All the talk of European Royalty etc on the previous pages, wind your fucking necks in - that sounds like those Ajax/Barcelona idiots from 2020 who wanted to embrace in the final and have a cry about Cryuff.

I want to beat Sporting Benfica  :D, get Villareal and then Atletico in the final. Easiest possible route please.

I would never in a million years write off Real Madrid in a final after Kiev. I was more confident going into that game than any other final since the Cardiff City League cup win, and we nearly fucked that one up too.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2022, 11:35:48 am by kaesarsosei »