Author Topic: Champions League draw  (Read 86743 times)

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
Re: Champions League draw
« Reply #1680 on: March 18, 2022, 01:58:02 pm »
More like 85-90% to be honest.

Lots of overrating of Atletico on here; they just about scraped through against the worst Man United team in over 30 years last round! They gave us problems away in the group stages but we battered them at Anfield before the red card; then went into energy conservation mode thereafter.

Plenty of underrating of the oil cheats too. Yes, they are horrible cheats but also win most of their games. I'd be shocked if Atletico even make it close. Best case is that they force City to work very hard in a first leg that happens on the Wednesday and somehow stay in the tie, whereas we get to play Tuesday and do a good job against Benfica.

Travelodge FC will find Real a problem I think but should just about get through. Bayern should handle Villarreal without too much fuss but perhaps the Yellow Submarine have one last surprise in store.
City also play the first leg on the Tuesday
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #1681 on: March 18, 2022, 01:58:32 pm »
Mentally I think I'd much rather see them dealing with being knocked out of the CL as well as dropping points in the CL. They're a monotonous side. Once they get on a bit of a run, it feels almost inevitable that it'll end up with them winning 9/10+ games in a row. Plus I think, more than ever, its the one they REALLY want this season. The more little setbacks they get, the more likely it is that they'll have more (IMO)
Yep, definitely better for them to get knocked out - the extra games they'll have by beating Atletico won't be problem for a squad like theirs.

Pep will desperately want a CL to validate his status, break the 11-year gap since he last won it, and justify spending £1.5billion in 5 years. The fans will want to win it so they can continue to gloat in ignorance despite the cheating, and the owners want it to continue the sportswashing. Going out in the quarters would put the spotlight back on the whole 'project' - especially in Guardiola's penultimate season.

Atletico is the perfect opponent to mess with Pep's head, irritate the hell out of petulant twats like Sterling, Walker, Silva and Foden, and give them a physical battle that will hopefully leave them battered and bruised bruised when we play them at the Etihad.

They've already dropped 7 points in 7 games in the PL. If they go out of the CL and we win at the Etihad, that's the poorest run they'll have had in years which could derail them completely.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1682 on: March 18, 2022, 01:59:20 pm »
I reckon city have about a 60%/65% chance of beating Atletico Madrid but it will come at a cost

The League hopefully ;)
Jurgen YNWA

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1683 on: March 18, 2022, 02:01:17 pm »
Mad that Real have never lost a Champions League Final and there last loss in a final was against us in the 81 European Cup Final.

For that reason they’re not a team I’ve ever wanted in a final but it’s clearly preferable to either of City or Chelsea. It would be delightful to inflict their first final loss since 81 on them to make up for that Kiev match.

Exciting stuff for the reds anyway, I’m just glad we’ve avoided city or Chelsea to be honest. It feels like we’ve completed the all English ties, I’m not sure you’re ever going to get better moments than the ones we’ve already had with Garcia’s goal vs Chelsea and the let off at the final whistle, the penalty we get against Arsenal right after they think Adebayor has won it for them and the moment when Salah scores against City.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1684 on: March 18, 2022, 02:03:30 pm »
Mad that Real have never lost a Champions League Final and there last loss in a final was against us in the 81 European Cup Final.

I didn't believe this so googled it, 16 finals, 13 wins. What the fuck.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1685 on: March 18, 2022, 02:06:13 pm »

For that reason they’re not a team I’ve ever wanted in a final but it’s clearly preferable to either of City or Chelsea. It would be delightful to inflict their first final loss since 81 on them to make up for that Kiev match.

Exciting stuff for the reds anyway, I’m just glad we’ve avoided city or Chelsea to be honest. It feels like we’ve completed the all English ties, I’m not sure you’re ever going to get better moments than the ones we’ve already had with Garcia’s goal vs Chelsea and the let off at the final whistle, the penalty we get against Arsenal right after they think Adebayor has won it for them and the moment when Salah scores against City.

When you get to a Final, you want a proper European great, which was why I was gutted Spurs beat Ajax. I felt we'd beat both sides anyway, but there is a lot more romance in playing a multiple winner, that a bunch of jumped up oil funded cheating small clubs.

That was brilliant that. I was really low in the Kop, right behind the goal and to see that pen get given and then Gerrard smash it home was such a high. Then to see the game back later and see Adebayor dancing about and then his face when the pen was awarded :lmao
Jurgen YNWA

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1686 on: March 18, 2022, 02:10:07 pm »
When you get to a Final, you want a proper European great, which was why I was gutted Spurs beat Ajax. I felt we'd beat both sides anyway, but there is a lot more romance in playing a multiple winner, that a bunch of jumped up oil funded cheating small clubs.

That was brilliant that. I was really low in the Kop, right behind the goal and to see that pen get given and then Gerrard smash it home was such a high. Then to see the game back later and see Adebayor dancing about and then his face when the pen was awarded :lmao

It was a fantastic night and a great tie overall with it swinging from one way to the other from the moment they take the lead at the Emirates. I was in the Kop as well, around 202 I think, had a great spec for Torres’ goal which deserved to win it really but it was worth it in the end for the sheer shithousery of winning it the way we did.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1687 on: March 18, 2022, 02:13:01 pm »
Just imagine if we get through, then play Bayern and Real. Absolute European royalty from start to finish of the campaign. We’d have to offer to play Ajax just to complete the set.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1688 on: March 18, 2022, 02:17:29 pm »
Just imagine if we get through, then play Bayern and Real. Absolute European royalty from start to finish of the campaign. We’d have to offer to play Ajax just to complete the set.

LFC, Inter Milan, Benfica, Bayern Munich, Real Madrid.

30 EC/CL titles between them ...

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #1689 on: March 18, 2022, 02:19:41 pm »
LFC, Inter Milan, Benfica, Bayern Munich, Real Madrid.

30 EC/CL titles between them ...
Why miss out AC?

Edit - I see teams we could play on route to number 7!
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #1690 on: March 18, 2022, 02:21:34 pm »
Just watched the draw. Couldn't have gone much better. Now let's do the job.  :scarf :champ
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #1691 on: March 18, 2022, 02:32:25 pm »
A city v Chelsea semi on the cards. No fans will make the tie a bit surreal, no atmosphere and a massive embarrassment for Uefa’s flagship competition, the game at Stamford bridge won’t be much better either.

;D

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #1692 on: March 18, 2022, 02:38:03 pm »

Blessed are the Cheesemakers...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1693 on: March 18, 2022, 02:45:24 pm »
I know its thinking ahead but none of us would want City or the Rentboys in the final. The anxiety and stress would be just unbearable. Come on Atletico!
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1694 on: March 18, 2022, 02:47:06 pm »
I know its thinking ahead but none of us would want City or the Rentboys in the final. The anxiety and stress would be just unbearable. Come on Atletico!

not sure I could watch to be honest
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline redalan

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1695 on: March 18, 2022, 02:51:42 pm »
Did UEFA confirm yet which dates each potential semi final tie takes place on?

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1696 on: March 18, 2022, 02:56:24 pm »
Did UEFA confirm yet which dates each potential semi final tie takes place on?

Yes.

We play the 5th and 13th so does City v Atletico.
The 6th and 12th are the other two ties.

Offline redalan

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1697 on: March 18, 2022, 02:59:27 pm »
Yes.

Sorry I meant the semi finals if we qualify.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1698 on: March 18, 2022, 03:09:25 pm »
Sorry I meant the semi finals if we qualify.

No. That won't be determined until after the quarters.

26/27 April: Semi-finals, first legs

May
3/4 May: Semi-finals, second legs

28 May: Final – Stade de France, Paris

Offline stevied

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1699 on: March 18, 2022, 03:19:48 pm »
Yes.

So the league game v City stays on the Sunday ?
i can tip em but cant back em

RAWK Aintree tipping champ 2013

Offline Lynx the saucy mynx

• Kopite
« Reply #1700 on: March 18, 2022, 03:23:15 pm »

Weirdly enough, I’d rather not play a European great if it means we wear red. That’s why Lucas Moura will go down in legend, for stopping us lifting big ears in that horrible purple.

Was worth the European royalty sacrifice.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1701 on: March 18, 2022, 03:24:09 pm »
So the league game v City stays on the Sunday ?

That's what tv wants.

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1702 on: March 18, 2022, 03:29:01 pm »
That's what tv wants.

Sky sports have no influence over what dates UEFA set their fixtures on.

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #1703 on: March 18, 2022, 03:38:45 pm »

And then West Ham in the SuperCup.....

Online Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1704 on: March 18, 2022, 04:12:04 pm »
We are likely to face Bayern in the Semis if we beat Benfica and if Bayern beat Villareal.

Some would say certain.

Online Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1705 on: March 18, 2022, 04:14:21 pm »

Only downside is potentially playing Bayern in Semis and having to play at Anfield first

I mean it's almost as if we did okay last time.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1706 on: March 18, 2022, 04:22:26 pm »
And then West Ham in the SuperCup.....

:D That had crossed my mind.

Barca I guess.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1707 on: March 18, 2022, 04:30:20 pm »
So pleased to have avoided City or Chelsea before the final, i know Bayern are strong but hate playing English teams.

Offline stevied

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1708 on: March 18, 2022, 04:40:30 pm »
That's what tv wants.
My point was if either us or City had been made to play on the Tuesday the league game was going to be moved to Saturday evening
i can tip em but cant back em

RAWK Aintree tipping champ 2013

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1709 on: March 18, 2022, 04:50:06 pm »
I suppose its already been mentioned that in 1981 we beat Bayern in the semi's before beating Real in the final. History repeating itself maybe ?

Offline Sharado

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1710 on: March 18, 2022, 04:58:50 pm »

To be fair if we ended up in the final against city there'd be 6 european cups between the two sides. No mean feat.
Football, like life, isn't about getting what you want or even deserve. It's about appreciating what you have.

Offline CS111

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1711 on: March 18, 2022, 05:25:43 pm »
Fancy city to win at a canter against Atletico
Real looked bang average until benzima turned it on, will be an interesting game but expect t chelsea to win over 2 legs
That semi could go either way
We should have Bayern in the semis which again could go anyway

If I had to put money on it , I'd say it's a city vs us in the final

Offline beardsleyismessimk1

• Owner Of A Messy Room!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is for living, so live it
« Reply #1712 on: March 18, 2022, 05:34:03 pm »

Zen
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #1713 on: March 18, 2022, 05:37:36 pm »
I suppose its already been mentioned that in 1981 we beat Bayern in the semi's before beating Real in the final. History repeating itself maybe ?
The three times we've got through against Benfica we've made the final too. Benfica of course beat us when we were reigning champions!

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #1714 on: March 18, 2022, 05:38:57 pm »
I hope Atletico take shithousery to the next level

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #1715 on: March 18, 2022, 06:01:51 pm »
I hope Atletico take shithousery to the next level
This. All day long.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1716 on: March 18, 2022, 06:02:14 pm »
Can't complain too much about the draw, except that if we did get past Benfica and Bayern, I'd hate to play all four of those teams in the final.

Offline deanloco9

• Kopite
« Reply #1717 on: March 18, 2022, 06:16:30 pm »
Can't complain too much about the draw, except that if we did get past Benfica and Bayern, I'd hate to play all four of those teams in the final.

Chelsea - Just beat them in a final
City - Too small to win the competition, no experience.
Real Madrid - History and experience, would be good revenge
Atletico - Would love to play them in a final but highly unlikely

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #1718 on: March 18, 2022, 06:42:18 pm »
So then lads

Who do we want in the final? Providing we get there

Real > Chelsea > City for me

Online TheMissionary

• PositionIsSoooooooOrdinary!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's nice, that's McDermott, and that's a goal!!
« Reply #1719 on: March 18, 2022, 06:46:27 pm »
LFC - Bayern in one semi, Real - Atletico in the other would be nice :).
TheMissionary
YNWA