Author Topic: Champions League draw  (Read 86734 times)

Offline actwithoutwords

• postswithoutreading
  • Kopite
Re: Champions League draw
« Reply #1640 on: March 18, 2022, 12:47:09 pm »

Offline Penfold78

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1641 on: March 18, 2022, 12:48:18 pm »
Who are the players to swot up about in the Benfica squad?

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #1642 on: March 18, 2022, 12:49:25 pm »
Tuesday - Wednesday for the QF confirmed: https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1504800728346411011?s=20&t=80JJULd_TX9-dBTuJWHipw

'Our confirmed #UCL quarter-final dates…

1st leg: Tuesday 5th April  🏟 Estádio da Luz  ⌚ 20:00

2nd leg: Wednesday 13th April  🏟 Anfield  ⌚ 20:00'

Edit: Liverpool's remaining fixtures (league and cups) - www.liverpoolfc.com/match/2021-22/men/fixtures-and-results

« Last Edit: March 18, 2022, 01:57:22 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1643 on: March 18, 2022, 12:49:36 pm »
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1644 on: March 18, 2022, 12:50:45 pm »
Of course the best thing about this draw is we won't have to hear PetertheRed jizzing over the possibility of us playing City 4 times in 2 weeks again :P

Yeah, the fucking blert  :D
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1645 on: March 18, 2022, 12:50:58 pm »
No one handles Atletico Madrid easilly ...

Chill out Swayzee.

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1646 on: March 18, 2022, 12:51:57 pm »
So City game moved ?

No stays on the Sunday. City play same time as us in cl

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1647 on: March 18, 2022, 12:52:03 pm »
So City game moved ?

I think City are playing the same days. So it will be Tuesday-Sunday-Wednesday for both of us.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1648 on: March 18, 2022, 12:52:24 pm »
So City game moved ?
Doubt it, City playing tuesday-wednesday as well. Think it'll have only been moved if either had the 2nd let on the tuesday

Offline rhysd

• Kopite
  • Igor
« Reply #1649 on: March 18, 2022, 12:54:03 pm »
What a hell of a couple of months we have to come.

Amazing time to be a Liverpool fan.
Trying to make sure I fully appreciate and enjoy it.
20 and 7

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1650 on: March 18, 2022, 12:54:36 pm »
If Atleti can get something at the Etihad, Guardiolas head will go, he'll be all over the place worrying and will likely fuck the league game v us right up.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #1651 on: March 18, 2022, 12:54:40 pm »

Nunez, decent striker. Didn’t West Ham have a £60M bid turned down in January?

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1652 on: March 18, 2022, 12:54:59 pm »
Doubt it, City playing tuesday-wednesday as well. Think it'll have only been moved if either had the 2nd let on the tuesday

Correct, that was the only way it was getting moved.

Watford at home for the early Saturday kickoff before Benfica away on the Tuesday night is fine, and then loads of recovery time afterwards. Good news all round really.

Online PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1653 on: March 18, 2022, 12:57:45 pm »
2-0 after half hour, 70% odd possession, conceding no shots on target. I'm gonna say thats handled pretty easily.

That was LFC. And even we had the luck for Atletico to get red cards in both group games. Man City are not LFC. Emptyhad is not Anfield. This will be knock out games, not group games. I am sure that even you can notice the difference ...

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1654 on: March 18, 2022, 12:58:23 pm »
Correct, that was the only way it was getting moved.

Watford at home for the early Saturday kickoff before Benfica away on the Tuesday night is fine, and then loads of recovery time afterwards. Good news all round really.

Oh nice.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Saltashscouse

• Legacy Fan
  • Born and bred to support the Reds
« Reply #1655 on: March 18, 2022, 12:59:10 pm »
;D

Anyone been on any Chelsea or City forums yet to see their reactions?!

Just popped on to see the reaction, fuck me there are some serious Scouse haters on that Blue Moon .
Look at this shite

I so want to beat the bin dipping, job avioding, catalytic convertor stealing, fan killing, blame dodging, phlegm producing, checken grieving, candle lighting, tragedy hugging, coach smashing, bottle throwing bastards in the final.

Only a bit though.
Jan Molby once bought me a pint 🍺

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1656 on: March 18, 2022, 12:59:26 pm »
That was LFC. And even we had the luck for Atletico to get red cards in both group games. Man City are not LFC. Emptyhad is not Anfield. This will be knock out games, not group games. I am sure that even you can notice the difference ...

Such amazing condescension even when you've just been categorically proven wrong :D What a guy
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1657 on: March 18, 2022, 12:59:39 pm »
Potential semi second leg away at Bayern, with a final in Paris. 1981 repeat.

I wonder if Bayern will leave leaflets for their fans out again, with directions to Paris.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #1658 on: March 18, 2022, 12:59:48 pm »
Don't agree Atletico is a bad draw for City think they'll handle them pretty easily

Atletico is definitely the kind of team that Guardiola will overthink it and roll out some strategy that plays into Simeone’s hands.

Online PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1659 on: March 18, 2022, 01:00:39 pm »

Darwin Nunez is by far their most dangerous player. Rafa Silva is probably the second best. Generally, they have a decent team, but nothing spectacular ...

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1660 on: March 18, 2022, 01:01:04 pm »
Just popped on to see the reaction, fuck me there are some serious Scouse haters on that Blue Moon .
Look at this shite

I so want to beat the bin dipping, job avioding, catalytic convertor stealing, fan killing, blame dodging, phlegm producing, checken grieving, candle lighting, tragedy hugging, coach smashing, bottle throwing bastards in the final.

Only a bit though.

They really need some new material.

How about ‘final winning’.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #1661 on: March 18, 2022, 01:01:36 pm »
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1662 on: March 18, 2022, 01:02:48 pm »
Look at this shite

Only a bit though.

Jealous that are rivals are still United. Not so long ago they boooed us because we wasn't interested in their "Stand up if you hate Man Yoo" love in. Now they're trying too hard to have a rivalry. It'll always be United and Everton, sorry little Manchester City.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #1663 on: March 18, 2022, 01:05:57 pm »

Obviously there’s the potential for an all English final looming against 2 sides who you’d desperately want to avoid playing one against

Playing a final against 2 sides from Luxembourg would be one I'd want to avoid. Generally prefer playing against one team, me...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Gray Hamster

• Not bong eyed but quite fond of little furry things.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1664 on: March 18, 2022, 01:06:38 pm »
I reckon city have about a 60%/65% chance of beating Atletico Madrid but it will come at a cost

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
« Reply #1665 on: March 18, 2022, 01:06:59 pm »
Look at this shite

Only a bit though.

It's an absolute cesspit of unmoderated bigotry & hatred. They're c*nts.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #1666 on: March 18, 2022, 01:09:49 pm »
pefect draw for me in that we play euro teams and the final is what it is

Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline Gray Hamster

• Not bong eyed but quite fond of little furry things.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1667 on: March 18, 2022, 01:10:25 pm »
Look at this shite

Only a bit though.
I wouldn’t ever go in there.  The Mods don’t do their jobs. Amazed they don’t get investigated for allowing the level of abuse on their site, as social media content users, I’m sure have a responsibility to moderate appropriately.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2022, 01:13:35 pm by Gray Hamster »

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #1668 on: March 18, 2022, 01:10:51 pm »
Excellent draw, would've preferred Villareal, but hopefully they knock Bayern out as well. ;D

Shouldn't and will not take Benfica lightly of course, have to be professional, but it is still better that the two PL teams are on the other side of the bracket.

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1669 on: March 18, 2022, 01:15:06 pm »
What a hell of a couple of months we have to come.

Amazing time to be a Liverpool fan.
Trying to make sure I fully appreciate and enjoy it.

It's the stuff of dreams. I'm terrified I'm going to wake up tomorrow morning & realize I'm actually an Evertonian  :no

Offline Nice one, Barney lad!

• Main Stander
  • Take me to your Klopp.
« Reply #1670 on: March 18, 2022, 01:15:51 pm »
Chill out Swayzee.

Best laugh so far today.

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1671 on: March 18, 2022, 01:17:02 pm »
I wouldn’t ever go in there.  The Mods don’t do their jobs. Amazed they don’t get investigated for allowing the level of abuse on their site, as social media content users, I’m sure have a responsibility to moderate appropriately.

I bet its the mods who post most of the bile on there.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #1672 on: March 18, 2022, 01:22:19 pm »
A city v Chelsea semi on the cards. No fans will make the tie a bit surreal, no atmosphere and a massive embarrassment for Uefa’s flagship competition, the game at Stamford bridge won’t be much better either.

:wellin
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #1673 on: March 18, 2022, 01:23:56 pm »
I reckon city have about a 60%/65% chance of beating Atletico Madrid but it will come at a cost
More like 85-90% to be honest.

Lots of overrating of Atletico on here; they just about scraped through against the worst Man United team in over 30 years last round! They gave us problems away in the group stages but we battered them at Anfield before the red card; then went into energy conservation mode thereafter.

Plenty of underrating of the oil cheats too. Yes, they are horrible cheats but also win most of their games. I'd be shocked if Atletico even make it close. Best case is that they force City to work very hard in a first leg that happens on the Wednesday and somehow stay in the tie, whereas we get to play Tuesday and do a good job against Benfica.

Travelodge FC will find Real a problem I think but should just about get through. Bayern should handle Villarreal without too much fuss but perhaps the Yellow Submarine have one last surprise in store.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1674 on: March 18, 2022, 01:24:25 pm »
They really need some new material.

How about ‘final winning’.
And despite what some of their more excitable fans say, we are probably the last team Guardiola would want to play.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1675 on: March 18, 2022, 01:30:45 pm »
More like 85-90% to be honest.

Lots of overrating of Atletico on here; they just about scraped through against the worst Man United team in over 30 years last round! They gave us problems away in the group stages but we battered them at Anfield before the red card; then went into energy conservation mode thereafter.

Plenty of underrating of the oil cheats too. Yes, they are horrible cheats but also win most of their games. I'd be shocked if Atletico even make it close. Best case is that they force City to work very hard in a first leg that happens on the Wednesday and somehow stay in the tie, whereas we get to play Tuesday and do a good job against Benfica.

Travelodge FC will find Real a problem I think but should just about get through. Bayern should handle Villarreal without too much fuss but perhaps the Yellow Submarine have one last surprise in store.

538 has City at 81% to progress, which feels about right. We’re at 90%, which is fair considering Benfica is probably the weakest tram left. Interestingly their model thinks Villarreal have more chance of knocking out Bayern than Atleti have of knocking out City. Also predicts Chelsea to edge out Madrid, just.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1676 on: March 18, 2022, 01:44:52 pm »
City with a tough draw at last. They'll struggle to make the final in my opinion. Pep the massive over thinker is under huge pressure now.

Liverpool v Real Madrid final  :wave
« Last Edit: March 18, 2022, 01:47:05 pm by Mister Flip Flop »
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline cheesemason

• Kopite
« Reply #1677 on: March 18, 2022, 01:47:58 pm »
'Our confirmed #UCL quarter-final dates…

1st leg: Tuesday 5th April  🏟 Estádio da Luz  ⌚ 20:00

2nd leg: Wednesday 13th April  🏟 Anfield  ⌚ 20:00'

Do the potential semi final dates get announced now or after the quarters?

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1678 on: March 18, 2022, 01:48:57 pm »
Jealous that are rivals are still United. Not so long ago they boooed us because we wasn't interested in their "Stand up if you hate Man Yoo" love in. Now they're trying too hard to have a rivalry. It'll always be United and Everton, sorry little Manchester City.

Manchester City aren't a proper club so it will never be a proper rivalry. They'll hopefully go the same way as Chelsea are about to in the coming years.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #1679 on: March 18, 2022, 01:57:14 pm »
It is written:

Liverpool v Real Madrid in Gay Paree.
I remember it well  ;)