Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 3142211 times)

Offline Waterpistol

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - END GAME
« Reply #29560 on: June 12, 2022, 07:47:14 pm »
So it’s potentially looking like 

IN

Darwin
Ramsay
Carvalho

OUT
Origi
Mane
Ox
Taki
Neco Williams
Phillips

Would everyone be happy with that, or would that leave us a bit short?

Definitely not happy with that. The midfield needs upgrading badly. I think we'll get one in still.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2022, 07:55:56 pm by Waterpistol »

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29561 on: June 12, 2022, 07:49:17 pm »
Klopp and Van Dijk tapped up the player
SSSHHHHHHHHH!!

Actually you hear very little about tapping up these days.  Why is that?

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #29562 on: June 12, 2022, 07:51:33 pm »
SSSHHHHHHHHH!!

Was a trip on the dodgems involved ?

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29563 on: June 12, 2022, 07:54:34 pm »
With the wages we've offered it will definitely be a budget airline he chooses. None of this fancy private jet nonsense.

I didn’t seriously think he’d be on that flight, I was just playing along with the original suggestion.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #29564 on: June 12, 2022, 07:57:55 pm »
Keita hasn't proven he can play consistently well despite the last season?

He started 14 PL games last season.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29565 on: June 12, 2022, 08:01:53 pm »
SSSHHHHHHHHH!!

Probably because it is pretty much allowed. Bayern Munich have been tapping up Mane quite openly, and we don't seem to have a problem with that, as long as they pay our asking price ...

Online Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29566 on: June 12, 2022, 08:04:15 pm »
You forgot Keita. Thiago/Keita already rotate for one spot.

True, but in Keita's best season here by a long way in terms of fitness, they started 31 league games combined. We were actually pretty lucky their injuries dove-tailed so nicely last season - they missed 9 and 12 league games but only 3 of those occasions overlapped.

Most of our dropped points last season came when we were unable to field any combo of 3 of our 4 best midfielders - in the 10 games we dropped points, in only 2 of them would you say we were fielding a "first-choice" midfield and one of them was the hardest game of the season (City away, with the other being Spurs at home). I mean it's ridiculous that you need to be near-perfect across a season and get 90+ points to win the league, but it is what it is, and we're dealing with small margins.

Outside of the core four, the others options just aren't the same level/fit. And I'd have no concerns with that whatsoever if any of Henderson, Thiago or Keita were reliable fitness-wise. If anything, I'd think we could reduce the number of players we have in midfield - four genuinely top class players for three positions is on the face of it very good. But as it turns out, all of our best midfielders have unreliable fitness. Some seasons we'll be lucky. Some we won't. I'm not saying we need to have 6 world-class players in there, but I think we should be looking for someone in the middle ground of "top-class, but made of biscuits" and "consistently fit, but unproven at the top level".

Offline Thé_Ḓárk_P̌áşşéngér

• RAWK Revolutionary.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Guns don't kill people, chimps do!
« Reply #29567 on: June 12, 2022, 08:05:25 pm »
I didn’t seriously think he’d be on that flight, I was just playing along with the original suggestion.

I can assure you that the original suggestion was written very much tongue in cheek also, although one or two seem to have taken me seriously. Obviously the club will just strap him underneath a flock of homing pigeons they've taken over there on the first team bus.
“Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass. It is terribly simple.”

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #29568 on: June 12, 2022, 08:07:46 pm »
He started 14 PL games last season.

And was available for selection for more as well as playing CL games.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29569 on: June 12, 2022, 08:18:40 pm »
But he wasn't one of the first names on the team sheet. He never has been, he never will be. He's a 'steady' player (when he plays) but for the price we paid I don't think anyone can argue that he hasn't under delivered.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #29570 on: June 12, 2022, 08:21:08 pm »

That's why I said he wasn't able to show consistency. He was either injured, not picked, or played decently in certain games. Only one or two games were of a really high standard.

Starting 14 PL games for whatever reason doesn't bode well any way you look at it.

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29571 on: June 12, 2022, 08:25:13 pm »
But he wasn't one of the first names on the team sheet. He never has been, he never will be. He's a 'steady' player (when he plays) but for the price we paid I don't think anyone can argue that he hasn't under delivered.

Get over the price it's been paid and is in the past. The coaching staff and FSG are going to offer him a new contract so they are obviously okay with his contribution.

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29572 on: June 12, 2022, 08:26:19 pm »
I would still like another top quality central midfielder to finalise the squad for this coming season. It’s a long slog and we need lots of quality players to rotate in the engine room, so the ability to rotate in that central midfield will be key for us.

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29573 on: June 12, 2022, 08:28:16 pm »
That's why I said he wasn't able to show consistency. He was either injured, not picked, or played decently in certain games. Only one or two games were of a really high standard.

Starting 14 PL games for whatever reason doesn't bode well any way you look at it.

Only one or two games were of high standard? Bull. Shit.
I don't know why you're so fixated with the 14 starts. He should have started more games and players like Henderson and Fabinho should have played less hence why they were knackered in the run-in.

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29574 on: June 12, 2022, 08:31:14 pm »

Agreed, he can't be relied upon with any surety in the crunch games. I  like Jones and Elliott but they're very much prospects, definitely think we could do with another accomplished midfielder.

Offline T.Mills

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29575 on: June 12, 2022, 08:33:43 pm »
Get over the price it's been paid and is in the past. The coaching staff and FSG are going to offer him a new contract so they are obviously okay with his contribution.

Any mention of Keita criticism and Spider-Neil comes swinging in, webs a blazing!  ;D

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29576 on: June 12, 2022, 08:33:48 pm »
Klopp loves Naby. We have offered him a contract extension, that he will most likely accept. He will be here for some time. It is better to discuss him in his own thread, than in the transfer thread ...

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #29577 on: June 12, 2022, 08:34:05 pm »
Agreed, he can't be relied upon with any surety in the crunch games. I  like Jones and Elliott but they're very much prospects, definitely think we could do with another accomplished midfielder.
It's an absolute must. We are too easily played through the middle because we have no pace there. A mobile midfielder who is able to withstand being pressed is needed. I have no idea who that player is, but it's what is required to enable us to challenge City again.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29578 on: June 12, 2022, 08:35:46 pm »

Ridiculous considering he started two Cup finals and the CL semi-final. Oh, you meant 'other' crunch games.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29579 on: June 12, 2022, 08:47:03 pm »
We lost the title due to a lack of reliable midfielders, in my opinion. We need to bring in someone else unless Klopp thinks Jones and Elliott can be used in big moments.

:butt :butt :butt

We didn't lose any title. We are up against a club that is cheating, in fact they are proven cheats.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29580 on: June 12, 2022, 08:49:50 pm »
We lost the title due to a lack of reliable midfielders, in my opinion. We need to bring in someone else unless Klopp thinks Jones and Elliott can be used in big moments.

Elliott,you on about that kid who took his chance and kept his place ?

As for losing the title due to lack of midfielders  ::)
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #29581 on: June 12, 2022, 08:55:42 pm »
Naby's game stats are fantastic btw.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29582 on: June 12, 2022, 08:59:22 pm »

We didn't lose any title. We are up against a club that is cheating, in fact they are proven cheats.
You can't really be critical of this Liverpool team, but we had a slight wobble at the end of the year, due to missing players through injury and COVID-19, were we drew a few games and had that horror show away to Leicester, but the whole squad are phenomenal, and when you're up against serial cheats, and the reluctance of the footballing authorities to properly sanction them.

Points deductions are the only way going forward to punish Sportswashing Oil teams.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #29583 on: June 12, 2022, 09:19:56 pm »
I'd have Ruben Neves at the club in a heartbeat.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #29584 on: June 12, 2022, 09:27:24 pm »
Klopp loves Naby. We have offered him a contract extension, that he will most likely accept. He will be here for some time. It is better to discuss him in his own thread, than in the transfer thread ...

He loves all his players but he's never been a regular first XI player when everyone is fit. Fabinho and Henderson always have been, Gini always was, Thiago is.

Ridiculous considering he started two Cup finals and the CL semi-final. Oh, you meant 'other' crunch games.

Only because of injury. He was named on the bench for the League Cup final originally and we were missing Fabinho in the FA Cup final. Naby was first midfielder off in both finals as well with subs.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2022, 09:34:41 pm by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29585 on: June 12, 2022, 09:28:21 pm »

So we need to be perfect to win the league, that's the problem. You can't have a single weakness.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #29586 on: June 12, 2022, 09:31:11 pm »
Stats help give context, it hard to remember everything that happens in a game, you can miss stuff etc. Also if you Mane a better pass/Ball retention then Diaz, idk what say.

Diaz was still relatively raw in the 6 months but always looks a threat. My unpopular opinion is that mane lost a small amount of that burst pace that he initially had which made him less likely to go 1-on-1 as often as he used to against his fullback and beat him successfully. The shift to center allowed him to use his ball retrntion and strength better and made him more threatening. Diaz will get better next season once he has a full pre-season and starts being able to play more minutes at his peak tempo (thought he looked gassed at the hour mark in most games). I expect to see him go up a level this season on his actual output. Nunez this season is going to need patience too. Dont think he'll start many before the world cup, but with 5 subs he'll probably get minutes every single game. My biggest concern is still resolution on Mo's deal because that'll become a distraction every week it isnt resolved once the season starts.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29587 on: June 12, 2022, 09:32:37 pm »
He loves all his players but he's never been a regular first XI player when everyone is fit. Fabinho and Henderson always have been, Gini always was, Thiago is.

You can only field 11 players at a time. When called upon, Keita has performed, even in the big games. People really need to start appreaciating our squad players ...

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29588 on: June 12, 2022, 09:34:39 pm »
I'd have Ruben Neves at the club in a heartbeat.

Why? He's slow as can be. Wouldn't add much to our midfield - maybe an occasional long-distance shot.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #29589 on: June 12, 2022, 09:38:18 pm »
Why? He's slow as can be. Wouldn't add much to our midfield - maybe an occasional long-distance shot.

Can pick a pass, loves a tackle, good engine, can smack a ball. Good player or are we looking for a pretty dancing clown ;D
Y.N.W.A.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29590 on: June 12, 2022, 09:38:34 pm »

Only because of injury. He was named on the bench for the League Cup final originally.

Naby was clearly the 4th choice in midfield and performed well consistently. Still has the odd bad game but looks much more like the lad we thought we'd signed albeit only after 4 seasons. I think he deserves a new deal at the minute as we plan for the midfield revamp in coming windows. Elliot and Jones will get more minutes and Milner can still do a job there in a pinch. Throw in possibly Carvalho and there's decent depth there if not extraordinary and is not an immediate concern.

The way we are buying though seens like we are moving towards a 4-2-3-1. We havent really soent much on midfielders with Fabinho being the last significant purchase in that position while we have now have quite a few number 10-ish players. I can easily see us slowly moving towards the double pivot with more attack players on the field to break the park the bus teams.

Online Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #29591 on: June 12, 2022, 09:38:46 pm »

Elliott,you on about that kid who took his chance and kept his place ?

As for losing the title due to lack of midfielders  ::)
I think he will be great, but he started the first three matches of the season, got injured, came back, and barely featured after that.

Go look at the games we dropped points in. Brentford, Brighton, West Ham, City (H), and Spurs (A) were all matches we couldn’t feature three of our top four midfielders and it showed. Brentford, Brighton, and West Ham were particularly poor performances.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29592 on: June 12, 2022, 09:39:07 pm »
Diaz was still relatively raw in the 6 months but always looks a threat. My unpopular opinion is that mane lost a small amount of that burst pace that he initially had which made him less likely to go 1-on-1 as often as he used to against his fullback and beat him successfully. The shift to center allowed him to use his ball retrntion and strength better and made him more threatening. Diaz will get better next season once he has a full pre-season and starts being able to play more minutes at his peak tempo (thought he looked gassed at the hour mark in most games). I expect to see him go up a level this season on his actual output. Nunez this season is going to need patience too. Dont think he'll start many before the world cup, but with 5 subs he'll probably get minutes every single game. My biggest concern is still resolution on Mo's deal because that'll become a distraction every week it isnt resolved once the season starts.
I agree on the Diaz part. Nunez is Salah replacement likely a year early it feels like. We should have patience on Nunez getting up to speed though. He may more of an Impact sub then a starter right away.

Online Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #29593 on: June 12, 2022, 09:40:07 pm »

Frame it however you want, we got second in the league. I’m not here to argue the merits (or lack thereof) of City’s financials. The fact is they’re our competition whether we like it or not.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29594 on: June 12, 2022, 09:45:32 pm »
Frame it however you want, we got second in the league. I’m not here to argue the merits (or lack thereof) of City’s financials. The fact is they’re our competition whether we like it or not.

They were 14 points ahead of us in January. It would've been the mother of all collapses if they lost. we didn't lose it.

Offline AmanShah21

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29595 on: June 12, 2022, 09:45:56 pm »
I agree on the Diaz part. Nunez is Salah replacement likely a year early it feels like. We should have patience on Nunez getting up to speed though. He may more of an Impact sub then a starter right away.

I cant see Nunez playing on the right. We need a left footed attacker if Mo leaves. nunez prefers coming in off the left. Diaz more likely to play on the right than Nunez when Mo isnt available. Personally think Mo signs the contract before the season starts and Kaide/Harvey fill in for the cups and get time to develop.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29596 on: June 12, 2022, 09:50:08 pm »
They were 14 points ahead of us in January. It would've been the mother of all collapses if they lost. we didn't lose it.

A lot of points were dropped when we were struggling with key absences in midfield.

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29597 on: June 12, 2022, 10:00:42 pm »
I cant see Nunez playing on the right. We need a left footed attacker if Mo leaves. nunez prefers coming in off the left. Diaz more likely to play on the right than Nunez when Mo isnt available. Personally think Mo signs the contract before the season starts and Kaide/Harvey fill in for the cups and get time to develop.
Salah is the 9 in the system even though he on the right. Adjusting the system for a more central 9 with Nunez/Jota. Carvalho/Elliott/Keita/Jones can all play the 10 and the 7 spot that would replace salah. Carvalho the Firmino replacement but with a central 9. Then Elliott/Keita/?
Whenever Mo leaves would be a good idea to get another lefty also.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #29598 on: June 12, 2022, 10:01:35 pm »
A lot of points were dropped when we were struggling with key absences in midfield.

Yes and that is not a squad problem but an injury problem, see previous season as example.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29599 on: June 12, 2022, 10:15:28 pm »
You forgot Keita. Thiago/Keita already rotate for one spot. Jones/Elliott being healthier they can rotate with each other more. Henderson can play some advanced role and also help rotate with Fabinho.
Having 5 subs and the current medical team doing a very managing the fitness.

Thiago and Keita do not rotate for one spot. It’s far more accurate to say Keita and Henderson rotate for one spot.