Author Topic: Things you find..weird  (Read 67474 times)

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: Things you find..weird
« Reply #280 on: August 21, 2022, 06:25:13 am »
From about 15 feet away from my front door, I can see Scotland if the conditions are right. Not sure on the distance but I guess about 50 miles or so.

I could see Jura from NI on a really clear day a few weeks back. Had never been able to before.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: August 21, 2022, 07:44:10 am »
The fact that when you look up at the night sky on a clear night, the stars are appearing how they were millions of light-years ago and you're not actually looking at them how they are right now. Will always struggle to get my head round that one.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #282 on: August 21, 2022, 07:51:32 am »
From about 15 feet away from my front door, I can see Scotland if the conditions are right. Not sure on the distance but I guess about 50 miles or so.

From the shore near my home in Moreton, i can see the Fylde Coast & South Cumbria if the conditions are right, then the other direction i can see Snowdonia & Anglesey

I love going to the shore just before sunrise on a clear night.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2022, 07:53:53 am by Statto Red »
#Sausages

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: August 21, 2022, 08:22:52 am »
The fact that when you look up at the night sky on a clear night, the stars are appearing how they were millions of light-years ago and you're not actually looking at them how they are right now. Will always struggle to get my head round that one.

This may sound weird to you, but a light-year is a unit of distance (the distance the light travels in a year). So the stars are lightyears away, they appear like they were years ago.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: August 21, 2022, 08:27:13 am »
This may sound weird to you, but a light-year is a unit of distance (the distance the light travels in a year). So the stars are lightyears away, they appear like they were years ago.
Yeah that's what I meant, got the wording wrong. Space itself is a true marvel, love watching these size comparison videos and when they start at Earth and zoom out all the way to the edge of the observable universe.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #285 on: August 21, 2022, 09:44:02 am »

I love stargazing cause it means I'M LOOKIN AT THE PAST!

:D

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: August 21, 2022, 10:50:08 am »

Presumably the 3 miles applies at sea level and you are elevated a bit.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: August 21, 2022, 11:07:59 am »
Presumably the 3 miles applies at sea level and you are elevated a bit.

No, I couldn't really get much closer to the sea. If I'm standing 15 feet away from my front door looking at Scotland, another 15 feet would have me in Belfast Lough  :D

My distance estimations are a bit shit. Probably metres rather than feet
« Last Edit: August 21, 2022, 11:12:11 am by Barneylfc∗ »
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #288 on: August 21, 2022, 02:11:23 pm »
The 2024 Olympics will include breakdancing.

No I'm not making this up.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #289 on: August 21, 2022, 02:13:37 pm »
The 2024 Olympics will include breakdancing.

No I'm not making this up.

Bit late in the day aren’t they?

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: August 21, 2022, 02:16:14 pm »
Bit late in the day aren’t they?
the IOC wants to prove to kids that they are hip to the beat.

they're thinking of making Zoot suits mandatory for the officials as well.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #291 on: August 21, 2022, 02:52:16 pm »
the IOC wants to prove to kids that they are hip to the beat.

they're thinking of making Zoot suits mandatory for the officials as well.

Proper idea to moot, zoot suits for the fruits...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #292 on: August 21, 2022, 03:10:16 pm »
From Dunkery Hill on Exmoor you can see the Bristol channel to the north and the English Channel to the south, basically the whole width of Somerset; granted that part of the country isn't the widest but it still gives you a real feeling of the sea-girt nature of the UK
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #293 on: August 21, 2022, 03:17:38 pm »
The fact that when you look up at the night sky on a clear night, the stars are appearing how they were millions of light-years ago and you're not actually looking at them how they are right now.
And that many of them may be long dead but we can't know because the information that they have gone supernova or otherwise died can't get here any quicker than the light from it happening.

The first we'll know about it is when some star we've been used to seeing all our lives suddenly flares up into a supernova or begins to diminish or turns into a red giant or blows out into a nebula (stars dies in various ways depending upon their size)
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: August 21, 2022, 03:28:06 pm »
From Dunkery Hill on Exmoor you can see the Bristol channel to the north and the English Channel to the south, basically the whole width of Somerset; granted that part of the country isn't the widest but it still gives you a real feeling of the sea-girt nature of the UK

You can see Merseyside, Cumbria, Lancashire, Greater Manchester and North Wales from the top of Ashurst Beacon.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #295 on: August 21, 2022, 03:40:23 pm »

That’s pretty cool. Just looked it up and it’s very much nearer the Bristol Channel than the English.

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #296 on: August 21, 2022, 03:50:36 pm »
That’s pretty cool. Just looked it up and it’s very much nearer the Bristol Channel than the English.
Yeah it's in North Somerset but it's the highest point in that county and I think the higest in the west country apart from part of Dartmoor.

They have an amazing Dark Skies Festival in October/November and a Dark Sky Trail for starwatching. The area was named Europe's first International Dark Sky Reserve, with skies darker than anywhere alse in the country due to lack of light pollution. The night sky under such circumstances is a wonder to behold

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #297 on: August 21, 2022, 07:08:28 pm »
Similarly, on a clear from The Merrick (Southern Scotland’s highest peak) you can see Snowdon.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #298 on: August 21, 2022, 07:19:57 pm »
Talking of space and stars...
There are that many stars in the Universe that every time you blink 300 stars explode.
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: August 21, 2022, 08:44:42 pm »
Talking of space and stars...
There are that many stars in the Universe that every time you blink 300 stars explode.

Wow, imagine if you were Ben Swain.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #300 on: August 21, 2022, 08:55:45 pm »
That statement suggests you’re Bentally ill.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #301 on: August 21, 2022, 08:58:26 pm »
I was waiting for someone to say "Well stop blinking then."  :D
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #302 on: August 21, 2022, 09:19:04 pm »
You can see Merseyside, Cumbria, Lancashire, Greater Manchester and North Wales from the top of Ashurst Beacon.

I'm going to live near Rivington Pike soon, you can see everything.

From Darwen Tower you can see Bloomfield Road, Deepdale, Ewood Park and Turf Moor.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: August 21, 2022, 09:20:11 pm »
People spend money on chemical shower gel in metal and plastic packaging when natural soap comes in paper or cardboard and lasts for months.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: August 21, 2022, 10:06:47 pm »
I'm going to live near Rivington Pike soon, you can see everything.

From Darwen Tower you can see Bloomfield Road, Deepdale, Ewood Park and Turf Moor.

What an amazing place to live, I spent a lot of my childhood at the Pike, Anglezarke and White Coppice.

Whereabouts you moving to?

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: August 21, 2022, 10:38:58 pm »
That statement suggests you’re Bentally ill.

I was waiting for someone to say "Well stop blinking then."  :D

We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #306 on: August 21, 2022, 11:28:57 pm »

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: August 22, 2022, 09:30:58 am »
Whereabouts you moving to?

Westhoughton, so just over the M61. Currently right in Manchester city centre in a flat so cannot wait to be closer to easier hiking and cycling.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #308 on: August 22, 2022, 09:32:22 am »
People spend money on chemical shower gel in metal and plastic packaging when natural soap comes in paper or cardboard and lasts for months.
Soap isn’t natural…. ;)
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: August 22, 2022, 10:47:09 am »
Westhoughton, so just over the M61. Currently right in Manchester city centre in a flat so cannot wait to be closer to easier hiking and cycling.

Nice area mate.  Lots of open spaces but close enough to the city and good transport links. 

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: August 30, 2022, 10:44:08 am »
When people, seems to be older people, leave online reviews along the lines of "Haven't used it yet" or "Bought it as a gift so don't know."

There really should be educational sections during Good Morning Britain that you don't have to reply to every email you get sent.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #311 on: August 31, 2022, 10:42:39 am »
When people, seems to be older people, leave online reviews along the lines of "Haven't used it yet" or "Bought it as a gift so don't know."

There really should be educational sections during Good Morning Britain that you don't have to reply to every email you get sent.

I hate these to a high degree lol

Even on Google maps. You get people asking questions like" is it open bank holidays"

Someone replies Don't know.

I think as well you get Google points or whatever for that (who cares)

There's an aulder woman who seems to do it for a lot of local places, advertising her Not Knowing loud and proud. Doctors surgery, the pub....

Then you got online reviews. There's some I can sympathise with: like if it arrived damaged OK I get the one star review but if you never used it, I can't learn anything about the product

And then you have Goodreads. Books which aren't out yet have reviews and star ratings

These people are bad at the Internet

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: August 31, 2022, 07:24:26 pm »
I hate these to a high degree lol

Even on Google maps. You get people asking questions like" is it open bank holidays"

Someone replies Don't know.

I think as well you get Google points or whatever for that (who cares)

There's an aulder woman who seems to do it for a lot of local places, advertising her Not Knowing loud and proud. Doctors surgery, the pub....

Then you got online reviews. There's some I can sympathise with: like if it arrived damaged OK I get the one star review but if you never used it, I can't learn anything about the product

And then you have Goodreads. Books which aren't out yet have reviews and star ratings

These people are bad at the Internet

The one that drives me batty is on reviews of clothes. I'm always between a medium and a large so this is crucial information for me.

"I'm 6'2", 180 lbs and this was a little tight in the chest" - WHAT SIZE DID YOU BUY MORON?
"I got a large and it fit perfectly" - WHAT HEIGHT AND WEIGHT ARE YOU MORON?

Simply tell me how big you are, what size you bought, and then describe how it fit. Without those three pieces of information wtf is the point of even mentioning anything about sizing?

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: September 3, 2022, 09:35:29 am »
Puddings that combine chocolate with fruit  :puke2
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline SvenJohansen

• Fast single-handed action expert.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: September 8, 2022, 06:46:12 pm »
Coming home on the bus today and gazing out the window I saw a guy pulling a small cage on wheels with a very colourful parakeet or parrot in it. Just going about his business I suppose. Very weird but kind of cool too. I was exhausted so maybe I imagined it.
I feel a little strange inside
A little bit of Jekyll, a little Mr. Hyde

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: September 8, 2022, 08:01:16 pm »
Coming home on the bus today and gazing out the window I saw a guy pulling a small cage on wheels with a very colourful parakeet or parrot in it. Just going about his business I suppose. Very weird but kind of cool too. I was exhausted so maybe I imagined it.
Maybe you dozed off and were dreaming of a cockatoo.

Offline SvenJohansen

• Fast single-handed action expert.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: September 8, 2022, 08:51:43 pm »

Hmmmmm 
I feel a little strange inside
A little bit of Jekyll, a little Mr. Hyde

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #317 on: September 8, 2022, 09:17:11 pm »
A woman goes to the Doctors because there's something wrong 'down there.'
The Doctor examines her and says... "Ah yes, there's something wrong with your averies."
"Don't you mean my ovaries?" She asked.
"No, I mean your averies; I can see you've had a cockatoo in there."

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: September 8, 2022, 11:21:13 pm »
The Mosconi Cup

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: September 9, 2022, 09:00:26 am »
A woman goes to the Doctors because there's something wrong 'down there.'
The Doctor examines her and says... "Ah yes, there's something wrong with your averies."
"Don't you mean my ovaries?" She asked.
"No, I mean your averies; I can see you've had a cockatoo in there."

:lmao