Author Topic: Baggies away Sun 16/5 16:30. Oh I do like stroll along the prom...  (Read 12548 times)

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
Come on Redmen!!
Well we beat that mob last night and there were many strong performances. Rhys and Nat did well for most of the match. All the front six worked hard and pressed the life out of them and Robby and Trent both looked dangerous throughout the match.
So onto West Brom. I put the prom line in the title because when I started going to the match regularly in the early seventies it was one of my favourite chants and used to make me smile. Unfortunately WBA players were on the receiving end of racist chants too but that is another story. I have only been to The Hawthorns once and quite liked it as a quaint ground with a decent standing area behind the goal for the away fans, and we won.
They have nothing to play for but have a couple of dangerous players we need to keep our eye on. We really should be able to beat these.
Our bench was weird yesterday with no Milner, Ox or Keita, I must assume they are all injured. If so, our options to rotate are limited except Sadio is likely to start again as he can use his anger to good effect.
A win by two clear goals is my prediction.
What are you thinking?
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline Scouser-Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Allez, Allez, Allez...
Re: Baggies away Sun 16/5 16:30. Oh I do like stroll along the prom...
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2021, 10:37:42 am »
Not many other games that could give us a bigger boost going into this game than last night... Mane hat-trick. ;D

Offline Red1976

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2021, 10:53:59 am »
We have struggled this season against teams like West Brom, and they will be confident after their draw at Anfield in December.  Add in they have nothing to play for now except pride, so it could be a tricky game and hard fought.

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2021, 10:56:04 am »
Would go the same as last night, maybe Kabak over Williams if fit.

Hope we batter them but can see it being tough, would want a two goal lead before feeling confident!

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2021, 11:25:33 am »
Classic banana skin game following a performance like last night. West Brom will have the shackles off and Fat Sam loves getting one over on us.

If we do everything right again, we will win. That golden ticket is within grasp.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2021, 11:26:30 am »
Tough game, just win.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2021, 11:30:58 am »
Gotta be confident going into this one, do they have the pace to trouble us in behind?  I have no idea who even plays for them these days.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2021, 12:02:44 pm »
Any win will do. Going to be tough, but hopefully we can have Bobby, Mo and Jota in a bit of form over these next few games to fire us to 3 wins

Just don't want to see Allardyce's smug face

Offline Sharado

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2021, 12:06:10 pm »
You could put together a pretty meaningful argument that the game vs this lot in December was the first step in the total derailling of our season. Time to put that right.
Football, like life, isn't about getting what you want or even deserve. It's about appreciating what you have.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2021, 12:07:10 pm »
Always tough playing against a team where the players are looking to get a contract with another team in the PL.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2021, 12:08:51 pm »
Only worry here is our energy levels and if the game develops in a way that we are struggling to score or are chasing it then it could be difficult

In terms of quality we have more than enough to win and im hoping that the momentum from last night carries on into this one.
Would be a great day to get a couple goals advantage because then you could see their fight for it go away a bit due to them having nothing to play for

Pretty much copy/paste the above for the remaining games

We just need to do our job
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline MinnyRed

• Kopite
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2021, 01:12:23 pm »
Any news on Kabak

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2021, 01:18:53 pm »
I imagine they will be down in the dumps. If we are at them from the off and score early I think they should capitulate. Basically we don't want to give them a reason to start showing any desire or fight.

Just have to win and no slip ups.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2021, 01:31:40 pm »
Referee: Mike Dean.
Assistants: Mark Scholes, Darren Cann.
Fourth official: Andy Madley.
VAR: Kevin Friend.
Assistant VAR: Dan Robathan.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2021, 01:40:34 pm »
I'd take half a goal win right now. Just get the 3 points.

Maybe Klopp plays all 4 of the attacking players, maybe he rotates Jota for Mane, and Jones for Gini, but we need to start well and put pressure on them from the get go

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2021, 01:55:09 pm »
It really shouldn't be tough. I don't think they'll be on the beach but it shouldn't matter. Any win will do though. Fancy Jota for another, 2-0 reds.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2021, 01:58:31 pm »
We need to find that relentless machine like performance from last season where we keep grinding the wins. Not arsed if we are fluent, just fucking win please and onto the next one.

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2021, 02:01:29 pm »
This will probably be our most difficult game honestly. Win this and I would be surprised if we do not make top 4.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2021, 02:20:03 pm »
It really shouldn't be tough. I don't think they'll be on the beach but it shouldn't matter. Any win will do though. Fancy Jota for another, 2-0 reds.

But it has been tough for us all season in games like this.

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2021, 05:40:15 pm »
Going to near Bude tomorrow. Does anyone know a decent pub with an outdoor tv where we can watch this match near Bude? Ta

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2021, 06:42:58 pm »
But it has been tough for us all season in games like this.

It has, our record against the teams in and around West Brom has been outstandingly poor. However, their fate is sealed and we know we have a job to do. They'll put the effort in against us but if they don't fight in every second against us we will punish them as we did to United. The determination shown last night was massively encouraging going into the final three games. I think the players have almost made peace with it now, they know what they have to do, and if they don't a large part of it is on them. Personally I think we will deliver the results even if all three matches are very tight.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2021, 06:47:34 pm »
It has, our record against the teams in and around West Brom has been outstandingly poor. However, their fate is sealed and we know we have a job to do. They'll put the effort in against us but if they don't fight in every second against us we will punish them as we did to United. The determination shown last night was massively encouraging going into the final three games. I think the players have almost made peace with it now, they know what they have to do, and if they don't a large part of it is on them. Personally I think we will deliver the results even if all three matches are very tight.

It was, but too often this season we've put a top performance in and then followed it up with shite the next game. Even when we played these last time we were coming off the back of a 7-0 away win.

We've got to be at it. Last season we could have off days and still grind out a 1-0. That's been a big part of our problem against the bottom half teams. We haven't been up for them enough and haven't had the ability of the previous seasons to grind the wins out.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2021, 06:49:19 pm »
What are you thinking?

I'm thinking I was much more relaxed about our games when I thought a Champions League was virtually impossible. Now it's back on, a part of me wants to get off :P
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2021, 08:30:01 pm »
This is the one that worries me the most from the remaining games.  Fuck Fat Sam.  Please win.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline TheYashLFC

• Anny Roader
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2021, 09:13:57 pm »
Anyone coming back from injuries?

Online Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2021, 09:42:26 pm »
Mane to start?  Otherwise there isn't any other options/choices.  You'd have to assume all those injured are done for the year, no?

Offline Stevo79

• Kopite
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2021, 12:24:19 am »
Going to near Bude tomorrow. Does anyone know a decent pub with an outdoor tv where we can watch this match near Bude? Ta

I’d be shocked if you found somewhere!

Offline Penfold78

• Kopite
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2021, 07:59:28 am »

I think you’ll struggle to be honest. You’ll need a coat whatever you do  :D.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2021, 08:18:34 am »
Fuck off West Brom
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2021, 09:25:05 am »
Thing is during the worst days of our misery and moping and malaise everything just seemed so unreal and up in the air and vague and distributed that the players couldn't really get a handle on things. Their mates being carted off to the physio room in convoy (or more ominously, walking off), refs seemingly giving us nothing and the opposiion everything, VAR making things up as they go along, oppos injuring us with impunity, no fans or any clear prospect of them returning, manager with other things on his mind and obviously hurting...

...but now...now it's all narrowed down to a small, intense focus:

Three. Cup. Finals

Forget everything else and just approach each one as if it's the most important game of their career.

It's on, it's definitely on...
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2021, 09:30:58 am »
...where the brass band plays

Fuck off West Brom

;D

Hope you find somewhere to watch it Roger, don't get sunburn  ;D

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2021, 10:24:31 am »
...where the brass band plays

;D

Hope you find somewhere to watch it Roger, don't get sunburn  ;D
Thanks guys. Got the iPad  as a back up plan with Sky go 👍

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2021, 10:38:39 am »
Any news on Kabak
Doubt he'll want to exacerbate any injury so close to leaving.  Needs to be fit for his next club's pre-season.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2021, 04:42:26 am »
I think we'll either win this comfortably or completely fall apart, something like 3-1 or 4-2. Hopefully it's the former.

Offline MrBooble

• Boys Pen
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2021, 06:53:59 am »
It’s definitely cup final time for us, against a relegated team with a slight modicum of motivation to stop us thanks to fat Sam and his personal crusade against us. Any extra intent from them will be fragile and as soon as we score a goal they will treat it like the dead rubber it is for them. They will be more interested in what they’re having for tea, where to go for their summer hols, what clubs they may play for next.

Seriously, they are fighting for nothing, they’re shite and for good reason relegated. We should and will batter these.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2021, 07:15:50 am »
I hate playing relegated teams. It's one of their last opportunities in the shop window to get a new contract with a soon PL team. Both squads have lots to play for as individuals versus squads.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2021, 08:03:21 am »
First time Fat Sam has been relegated?
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2021, 08:28:42 am »
First time Fat Sam has been relegated?

He’s definitely been regulated before.

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2021, 08:40:37 am »
The corpulent one has vowed to 'hurt Liverpool' apparently.

We have been warned.

Offline PhiLFC#1

• The Messiah! He rawks amongst us
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2021, 08:52:57 am »
Doubt he'll want to exacerbate any injury so close to leaving.  Needs to be fit for his next club's pre-season.

Have I missed something here?