Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 0 v 1 Brighton Alzate 55’  (Read 36027 times)

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Liverpool 0 v 1 Brighton Alzate 55’
« Reply #320 on: February 3, 2021, 10:41:30 pm »
Please god. In the name that of all that is good and pure don’t give it that
Compare that to us last season and tell me the players don’t look tired?

Whether they are actually physically tired, or as Klopp has just alluded to in his post-match, mentally tired - they look lethargic.

Offline Schmohawk

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #321 on: February 3, 2021, 10:41:41 pm »
Thiago seemed to disappear around the 70th minute or so (only to suddenly appear again in the last few minutes), leaving Milner to make the passes. Milner is a lot of things, but he is no Xabi Alonso. I don’t think it would have made a difference though.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #322 on: February 3, 2021, 10:42:33 pm »
Thiago seemed to disappear around the 70th minute or so (only to suddenly appear again in the last few minutes), leaving Milner to make the passes. Milner is a lot of things, but he is no Xabi Alonso. I don’t think it would have made a difference though.

He zipped passes in to players a few times and it just bounced off them. He must be wondering what the fuck he signed up for.

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #323 on: February 3, 2021, 10:42:48 pm »
Also. I know we’re not allowed to say this because he’s classy etc - but Thiago was shit tonight. Feels so far like he’s great in the big games but struggles against a low block. I’m sure he’ll be a world beater, but I’m a bit bored with pretending he has been so far.

I feel sorry for him that were relying on him to get us firing now after both his injury and the wheels coming off our season. But having said that, he's disappointed me in a couple of the games and he was as shite as anyone else tonight.

I know if the team were functioning, like the one he came into in September, then he'd be class, but right now he's just part of the malaise in games like this
« Last Edit: February 3, 2021, 10:47:57 pm by decosabute »

Offline Peyres

• Kopite
« Reply #324 on: February 3, 2021, 10:42:53 pm »
Yep. Both Robbo's and Trent's crosses are most dangerous when they play them early and behind the defence, with the defenders running towards their own goal. Teams are not letting them do that anymore. They just sit deep and defend crosses with their backs to the goal. But Trent/Robbo are also too deep to have any chance to get the opportunity for an early cross.

This. And we're not pressing as much because of the lack of pace at the back. We used to score so many goals simply from putting the other team under so much pressure, we didn't always need to unlock them with a magical pass or a bursting run from midfield.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #325 on: February 3, 2021, 10:44:03 pm »
Just thinking forward to august/Sep now to be honest.

Fans in ground sun shining players back covid under better control and lockdowns gone

Fab Hendo in middle Virgil at back

Ah I can smell the cut grass now.

We need top 4 though or it impacts on the summer and next season and even beyond. I wrote the season off a while ago beyond finishing top 4.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #326 on: February 3, 2021, 10:44:41 pm »
All the signs are physical and mental tiredness. They just can't string the performances together now. The last 2 years and all the injuries are catching up with us now.

Offline BJ

• IT'S POLITICAL CORRECTNESS GONE MAD
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #327 on: February 3, 2021, 10:44:45 pm »
The thing with these late games and a poor performance, you go to bed tossing and turning replaying every kick.  Need a good nights sleep to be able to cope with the next day.  I think I will go and watch the Barcelona 4-0 to cheer myself up and remind me why I love this club.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #328 on: February 3, 2021, 10:44:53 pm »
It’s not really happening for Thiago at the min is it?
He’d no doubt flourish with our best XI out on the pitch week in week out but just like others in the side he’s flattering to deceive atm with only a few glimpses of brilliance.

I think the majority of fans expected him to be a midfield wizard and play eye of the needle through balls to Mane / Salah every game which would result in us scoring a glut of goals. Hasn’t happened. Yet.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline Sharado

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: February 3, 2021, 10:45:39 pm »
Are we the only side top at Christmas not to win or is it another hideous statistic we have?

Since 1992 we've been top like 3 times (think this is the 4th time) and not won the league. Every other team has won the league if they've been top at Xmas. The slip season, Rafas lot in 09, 2019 and barring a miracle this year too.
Football, like life, isn't about getting what you want or even deserve. It's about appreciating what you have.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: February 3, 2021, 10:45:49 pm »
What do you expect he is fucking appalled!

Oh I'm sorry, I read it as fucking appalling

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: February 3, 2021, 10:46:24 pm »

It's not just speed, it's movement off the ball as well. Players running beyond the oppo's defence. Players being brave and taking risks on the ball instead of playing it safe. It's a shame Naby is made of Weetabix because he is one of the few players that's capable of opening things up for us with his runs as well.
Absolutely this, when Thiago and gini look up the only options are out wide.
Then nobody in the box and the ball is cycled back to the halfway line, rinse and repeat.

I would have played Shaq in midfield again, he at least seems to want to pass and move like Thiago.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #332 on: February 3, 2021, 10:47:08 pm »
City 6 points v Brighton and us just the one , it’s the difference in the 10 point gap ( yet city still to win their game in hand )

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #333 on: February 3, 2021, 10:48:21 pm »
Klopp eluded to it after the game that the players were tired after putting in a huge shift at Spurs and West Ham in the previous 6 days (including two trips down to London) and it caught up with us. Added to losing Mane and not being able to rotate the squad due to injuries.

I think we should still have made a change or two. Jones could have started for example. Wijnaldum looked goosed.

You play 3 games in 6 days with the same team (minus more injuries which further weakened the quality of the side) and that's what happens.

So he starts 35 year old James milner who's played 4 games on the bounce now and he plays him for the full 90 mins. There were definitely some changes that could have been made out there tonight. Robertson on the left could be doing with a little break. What's the point of buying Kostas if we're not going to give him a chance? Milner for Jones is another one.

We couldn't really do much change wise with the front line but surely we could have played 2-3 players who have not played much lately.

Offline Big Dirk

• But with Little Harnds. One of these is incorrerct.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
« Reply #334 on: February 3, 2021, 10:48:25 pm »
We really need another Mane type player because when he doesn’t play we are putting square pegs in round holes,Shaq is a luxury player who has no real position and Origi is just awful.
Born a Red-Live a Red-Die a Red

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: February 3, 2021, 10:48:41 pm »
Just thinking forward to august/Sep now to be honest.

Fans in ground sun shining players back covid under better control and lockdowns gone

Fab Hendo in middle Virgil at back

Ah I can smell the cut grass now.

If fans aren't back in the ground next season, that season can get to fuck and all. I'll not be watching. Football without the fans is fucking bollocks.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #336 on: February 3, 2021, 10:48:44 pm »
Compare that to us last season and tell me the players don’t look tired?

Whether they are actually physically tired, or as Klopp has just alluded to in his post-match, mentally tired - they look lethargic.

I literally hate millionaire footballers for as a fiddle being called tired

Brighton played spurs Sunday ran their bollocks off.

That was attitude

Just 3/4 injuries too many to cope with. Stay in top 4 go again next season

If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: February 3, 2021, 10:49:02 pm »
The set up is all wrong. Phillips was telling Trent to get up the field and Trent hardly moved, almost like he didn’t trust what Phillips was telling him.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #338 on: February 3, 2021, 10:49:11 pm »
Btw, did anyone else want to throttle the laughing Steve MacMoneyman with his own microphone cord?...buzzing his bitter tits off throughout the entire game...one bluenosed Judas shitebag that
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • La la la la la
« Reply #339 on: February 3, 2021, 10:50:10 pm »
The flip since Christmas is just, well, heartbreaking. Having said that, to have even been in contention up until now with the sheer fuckery of the injuries we've had to endure this season is actually pretty remarkable. If we had Alisson, Gomez, Van Dijk, Matip, Fabinho, Keita and Jota available on a regular basis, and hadn't missed Thiago for months, then this season would look very different (while I'm here, cheers Pickford and Richarlison, you fucking whoppers). I'm not even upset any more when we lose, because the team is operating way beyond its limits. Securing top 4 is non-negotiable, it has to be achieved, but I want a fucking good run in the CL. I still believe it's there to be won this year.

Credit to Brighton tonight, although in any other season with our full squad firing on all cylinders they wouldn't have stood a chance. This isn't just any other season though. The sooner it's done, the better. Without the support in the grounds it just isn't football, however there are bigger issues in the world to worry about than that.

Next year though, the league is ours again. YNWA

Offline yes

• no. prog punditry
  • Kopite
  • I got the ill communication
« Reply #340 on: February 3, 2021, 10:50:17 pm »
There's been some games where we've never looked like scoring, then there's been games where we never looked like creating a chance. And then there was this.
We couldn't even get the pass *before* the pass right. It was like a study in postmodernist football. It feels like the inevitable progression is that we start taking shots at our own goal.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: February 3, 2021, 10:50:18 pm »
If fans aren't back in the ground next season, that season can get to fuck and all. I'll not be watching. Football without the fans is fucking bollocks.

Absolutely no chance of full grounds until after Christmas.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: February 3, 2021, 10:50:28 pm »

That was attitude

It's mental fatigue rather than physical tiredness and how much they get paid has nothing to do with it.
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline goalrushatgoodison

• crapinbed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Still waiting for the great leap forward.
« Reply #343 on: February 3, 2021, 10:50:30 pm »
Just keep mindlessly slinging high balls into the box. It will eventually result in a shot on goal, won't it? Looking forward to that day.

Well you know it might, if we got enough players into the box to compete for it. We are just lacking ambition at the moment, not taking risks. Some people are saying we are tired, maybe we are but either way we need to be braver. If sides are playing a low block, push four players up on the last line and make them drop extra players deeper. Yes we might be caught on the break but these sides are not down the bottom for nothing.
Those whom the Gods would destroy, they first make mad.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #344 on: February 3, 2021, 10:51:01 pm »

That was attitude

I was saying they looked tired. Everything they did looked laboured. Mentally I think they’re struggling for motivation and that’s reflected in the way they’re playing.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #345 on: February 3, 2021, 10:51:09 pm »
We really need another Mane type player because when he doesn’t play we are putting square pegs in round holes,Shaq is a luxury player who has no real position and Origi is just awful.

Well a fit Jota would have helped.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: February 3, 2021, 10:52:11 pm »
Well a fit Jota would have helped.

Jota being injured has been a huge loss, really need him fit and firing as soon as possible.
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: February 3, 2021, 10:52:48 pm »
I was saying they looked tired. Everything they did looked laboured. Mentally I think they’re struggling for motivation and that’s reflected in the way they’re playing.

It’s mental fatigue with this lot. Played insane levels for 3 years, two CL finals, two nearly 100 point seasons. The injuries, lack of fans and constant games have done us in.

I find the number of games we’ve got at the moment a bit constant. Imagine how much it drains the players.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: February 3, 2021, 10:53:05 pm »
"Brighton haven't won at Anfield for 37 years."

Ah fuck.

:butt
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: February 3, 2021, 10:53:10 pm »

That was attitude

our and Brighton squad, managers etc are expected to do totally different things... we can not compare at all, we have more competitions to play, bigger expectations, pressures...

also those are only people also, despite earning millions... the situation must be difficult for players same as for everyone.. no matter the money earned, the circumstances changed for the worse for all...

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: February 3, 2021, 10:53:17 pm »
Dan Burn running down the wing, seen it all.

Intensity down, some players are coasting, tactics wrong tonight. Brighton set themselves up well, and deserved the win. They put the ball between the posts.

Forgettable night, be a waste of energy talking about tonight match. Dreadful.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Red Sky at Night

• Main Stander
« Reply #351 on: February 3, 2021, 10:53:52 pm »
The thing with these late games and a poor performance, you go to bed tossing and turning replaying every kick.  Need a good nights sleep to be able to cope with the next day.  I think I will go and watch the Barcelona 4-0 to cheer myself up and remind me why I love this club.

great plan....  8)

What a night (the 4-0, not now   :-[ )
‘It’s one of the finest exhibitions of football I’ve ever seen in my life… I’ve seen Brazilians play but I’ve never seen the game played at that pace or executed like that.’ - Sir Tom Finney after Liverpool thrashed Nottingham Forest 5-0 in 1988

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #352 on: February 3, 2021, 10:54:07 pm »
Difference between us and City is the fact they have; KDB, Mahrez, Sterling, Torres, Foden, Bernardo, Jesus who can all mix and max across the front 5 positions and there’s no obvious drop in quality. We’ve been unbelievably lucky in the previous two seasons that none of the front three were out for a significant amount of time and we didn’t have to call on reinforcements from the bench that much.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: February 3, 2021, 10:54:30 pm »
We should have went for cavani. Would be a great option for games like this. I suppose wages would have been an issue

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: February 3, 2021, 10:55:23 pm »
So fucking pissing off we lose league by 11mm 1 season and pickford in another

Buzzing with league title but being greedy we could be charging towards no 21 this season

Players deserve so much more even tho they’ve got a league and CL

Jurgen Klopp

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #355 on: February 3, 2021, 10:56:36 pm »
It’s mental fatigue with this lot. Played insane levels for 3 years, two CL finals, two nearly 100 point seasons. The injuries, lack of fans and constant games have done us in.

I find the number of games we’ve got at the moment a bit constant. Imagine how much it drains the players.
Next week is massive in this context, a mid week off when most of the others are playing. We need to use it appropriately. Maybe Jurgen gives some of the players a day off to regroup while he and Ljinders sit down and map out 2/3 elevens that might be best equipped to get us through this next month or so.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #356 on: February 3, 2021, 10:56:41 pm »
You've got EURO 2021 being held during a pandemic that will further run players into the ground that have already been ran into the ground. And then we're losing how many players to the AFCON next season?  Mane, Salah, potentially Keita?

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: February 3, 2021, 10:57:06 pm »
Grealish is good but does he play against low block teams its a different game.

No he doesnt, but we do. Regularly. And we dont have the players/tactics to overcome it.

our full backs, who supply an awful lot of our goal threat, are never gonna dribble past anyone, theyre at their most effective when running onto balls in space.

our only dribbler, Mo, can't take a man on, one on one, outside the box. inside the box he's great... unless the box is packed with 9 or 10 men.

We have no one who can beat a man one on one.

And our tactics dont change against these low blocks. IMO, simply because we dont have the personnel to do so.

Jota and Mane will help against these teams. Personally I'd leave mo out for Mane bobby and Jota in these games.
« Last Edit: February 3, 2021, 10:58:59 pm by blert596 »
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: February 3, 2021, 10:57:08 pm »
So fucking pissing off we lose league by 11mm 1 season and pickford in another

Buzzing with league title but being greedy we could be charging towards no 21 this season

Players deserve so much more even tho they’ve got a league and CL

League and CL is pretty good.

Anyway, this fan less league is fucking shite.

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: February 3, 2021, 10:57:21 pm »
"Brighton haven't won at Anfield for 37 years."

Ah fuck.

:butt
Min the flip side of that, that would’ve been a fucking good team they beat

Rush Dalglish souness etc

Jurgen Klopp